Til our mission do us part.

By Muffy_is_a_Muffin

A series of One shots about Damian and Anya Damian Desmond is not in love with a peasant girl. At least he w... More

Table of Contents
Valentines day
Victory tastes sweet
School Dance
Hanahaki
Hanahaki part 2
Midnight walk
Date?!?
Date?!? Part 2
Brown eyes
Brown eyes part 2
Jealousy Jealousy
Fates game
Fake Family
Festival Farewell
Her song
Genshin head cannons
Take me out?! A Christmas Special

Midnight Walk part 2

3K 96 40
By Muffy_is_a_Muffin

*unedited again sorry*

With the ring of the final bell, signaling classes were finally over to Damian's relief. His eyes rested on the dark clouds in the sky outside, the cold breeze made him internally shiver. Thankfully he had kept a warm jacket in Emiles' dorm room, all he had to do was walk towards his dorm room.

Damian glanced down at his watch to see how much time he had.

4:00 o'clock.

Damian nodded his head to himself he still had plenty of time to grab his jacket without the risk of missing the bus. He made his way down the unusually quiet corridor not a single soul in sight, he hummed to himself relishing in the fact he could hear himself think. As he neared the end of the hall his loud foot's steps echoed in the hall which stirred some commotion at the end of the hall.

Damian's brows furrowed, 'why didn't he hear them? Or at least their thoughts?'

Damian's foot stopped mid-step, and he inwardly cursed himself, 'Anya." Her name left a bitter taste in his mouth for unknown reasons. He clenched his fist he could not let his mission be halted because of some bullies, he decided to play hero and use this to his advantage. He bit his tongue and rushed down the hall towards the small lump on the floor.

He froze his eyes widened at the sight, Anya sat in a fetal position her head positioned sideways on her knees her eyes stared at his own blankly; her eyes were slightly red from crying, what looked like chocolate milk had been dumped on her head, she there was more stains and other smudges but they were unidentifiable.

"Hey-"

"Laugh. Go on laugh it's funny right?" Her sharp voice cut him off as she waved off his concerns. She turned to bury her head into her lap, her hands on her knees tightening their grip as she pulled herself closer for comfort.

Damian didn't offer another word of concern. He mentally beat himself up at the thought of using her situation to help himself it was just cruel. Just for today, he would forget about operation Strix. Nothing bad would come from that right? He just needed sincerity to hopefully reach Anya and maybe some patience. Her cold eyes replayed in his mind so instead of voicing his concerns he took a seat next to her he leaned back against the wall and tried to read her mind once more.

Silence. A deafening silence. 

The more Damian attempted to read her mind the darker his mind felt the more unclear it became and he felt lost. He shook his head not wanting to get in too deep, he continued to sit with Anya in silence allowing her to sulk.

"It's getting late. Come on." after a few moments Damian had spoken up hoping the girl wouldn't protest too much.

"Don't wanna." Anya didn't so much as stir as she continued to stay in her closed position.

Damian sighed he glanced down at his watch to calculate how much time he had.

4:45

He would probably miss the bus today but he could always walk home it wasn't a big deal, plus his father would be delighted to hear it was because he was helping his target.

"I was on my way to Emile's room to get myself a jacket but I'm pretty sure I have some extra clothes in his room. You can change into those until you can change when you get home. If you go outside like that you'll get sick."

Damian stood up he moved to stand in front of Anya he nudged her leg with his foot, when she didn't move he sighed but stilled he swore he heard a small voice whisper laugh. Damian bit his lip he wanted nothing more than to punch whoever did this to her, he would make them pay for this later. He crouched down in front of her and spoke in a soft tone,

"He won't laugh at you. If he does you can punch me."

Anya lifted her head, her face was slightly pale, her eyes were a slightly darker shade than before, and her nose was slightly red and running.  She eyed him carefully, "How did you know I was scared of being laughed at, Dante?"

Damian felt a jolt of annoyance piece through him, he calmed himself taking in a deep breath, "Damian." He corrected her before continuing, "I've always been good at reading people. Well, I thought I was but I've been struggling to read you. You mentioned it earlier so t was really just a hunch."

Anya didn't respond, she slowly got up she crossed her arms over her chest and hunched over slightly to try and conceal the mess on her dress. She hesitated but followed Damian down the hall with out much protest.

When they made it to Emile's dorm room Damian stood in front of Anya and prayed to god Emile wouldn't say anything. He knocked on the door a bit loudly hoping Emile would open the door quickly. It wasn't long until a very confused Emile walked over and opened the door.

"Damian? What're you doing here so late?" Emile questioned he stepped back and opened the door wider to let his friend in when he noticed Anya, "you're with Forger?"

It wasn't a rude comment nor was it laughter much to Anya's relief, she glanced up at Emile before walking slightly faster to catch up to Damian.

Damian grabbed the spare clothes he kept in a drawer and handed them to Anya, "the bathrooms right there you can change and I'll explain to Emile what happened." Anya nodded and grabbed the clothes she made her way to the bathroom but before she closed the door she gave Damian's a soft smile.

Emile watched the two with curious eyes both didn't say anything he decided if they wanted to tell him they would otherwise it wasn't his business. Damian dug through the drawer once more looking for his coat, once he found it he put it on and turned to face Emile.

"I'm sorry we came in unannounced like this, some brats dumped milk on Anya's head. I had spare clothes here and offered them to her. I hope you don't mind the intrusion." His voice was apologetic and he gave Emile a shy smile.

"It's no problem. Things happen I get that." Emile shrugged his eyes narrowed slightly at Damian a smirk glided on his lips, "you were just being helpful right? Not because you have a little crush on a certain girl."

Damian froze his eyes widened a light pink dusted his cheeks but his face remained neutral a skill he learned from his father. Damian coughed slightly to clear his mind for a second, "I don't. It's not like that I just ran across her on my way here pure coincidence. Nothing more."

Emile nodded slightly amused at Damian's flustered attempts his fiery sharp words he spit out in order to hide it was quite the spectacle.

"I smell like you, Dior." Anya walked out of the bathroom wearing Damian's clothes, her arm was by her nose sniffing it.

"Be grateful you don't smell like chocolate milk." His annoyance from his conversation with Emile reflected.

Anya raised an eyebrow she shrugged and smiled brightly at Emile, "thank you for letting us come over. I'm really thankful I could get out of those clothes."

Emile nodded he gestured to Damian, "you should thank Damian. But if something like this in the future happens again you can always stop here for a change of clothes."

Anya nodded in appreciation she glanced at Damian, "I think we should get going it's getting late."

Damian sucked in a deep breath he had totally forgot about the time. He glanced down at his watch the time flashing,
6:20

He was definitely gonna get an earful when he got home, "let's start heading home my moms gonna kill me if I'm out any later." He practically speed walked through the door calling out a thanks to Emile in the process.

Anya wasn't far behind him but she kept slowing down then speeding up; Damian's clothes didn't exactly fit her so she struggled a bit to keep up while trying to keep everything in place. With the pace they were going they made it outside and were just leaving the school gate when he heard a thud. Damian glanced back to see Anya on the floor, his eyes widened he turned around and made his way to her.

"Are you hurt?" He leaned down on one knee in front of her glancing over her leg. He helped her stand back up and hovered his arms in front of her to make sure she could catch her balance. Anya stepped gingerly on left foot, she felt a jolt of pain which made her wince in pain.

She shook her head, "it's not bad just a sprained ankle. I can walk we just have to go a little slower."

Damian nodded he reached down placing her arm around his shoulder, "I'll help you walk. Where do you live so I can take you home?"

"In the Appartement complexes about an hour or two from here."

Damian nodded he helped Anya walk to gate before he huffed, this was way too slow of a pace for his taste.

"Anya we're never gonna make it home at this snails pace." Damian crouched in front of her with his back facing towards her.

"Hop on."

"Desmond you're something else."

"Desmond if your last name. Honestly if you can't remember my name call me something else."

"Sy-on boy."

"Sy-on boy?" Damian shot her a confused glance over his shoulder.

"It means good luck boy."

Damian coughed again trying to keep his face neutral, he stuttered out, "s-so are you gonna get on or what? I still have homework to do."

Anya scoffed but did as he said and climbed on his back, Damian rested his hands on her legs and Anya had her arms wrapped around his neck. He started walking not thinking much of anything the silence was blissful along with the moon and the stars shining down on them.

He had already walked for a good hour maybe an hour and a half when Anya stopped him in his tracks, "I lied. I live back on campus. I thought you were some weirdo but you're actually really nice. If you want you can set me down and I can wait for my butler here or something."

Damian inhaled once again he let out a deep breath to calm himself his frustrations wanted to scream at her but he kept his cool. His grip on Anya tightened slightly as he readjusted her on his back and started walking in the opposite direction.

"It's understandable you don't trust me." Damian turned to face Anya, "even though half of me wants to drop you off here and storm away, I won't. It's not safe out here by yourself I'll walk you home."

Anya's eyes widened, she turned and buried her head into Damian's back a soft smile made its way to her face, "thank you." It was a softly spoken but Damian had heard it and it made all the anger he was feeling subside.

She was after all the daughter of a very important man; of course she shouldn't trust him completely, it was logically but still royally pissed him off.

"I know you don't trust me." Damian slowed down and turned his head to face Anya, "but why would you have me take you all the way over here? What if I planned on kidnapping you or something?"

Anya hesitated before answering, "you're not a bad person, I can see that just from the way you interact with our classmates. But I told you that because I wanted to see if you genuinely wanted to be my friend." She shyly mumbled in his ear, she tightened her grip around his neck and buried her head into the crook of his neck. She continued despite her words being muffled,

"If you were gonna use me you would've gotten frustrated after I told you and left me out here by myself without a care in the world."

Damian felt a shiver go down his spine as Anya continued to bury her head into his shoulder, he felt a light blush coat his cheeks much to his annoyance.

"Still. Don't just leave the school with anyone." He grumbled as pulled Anya closer to him, he wanted to add he was the only one she should leave the school with if she was gonna trust anyone it should be him. But he didn't say that because she probably wouldn't have believed him or she'd laugh it off.

The walk continued on as Damian got closer to the gate he realized Anya had drifted off to sleep. He smiled softly looking at her sleeping face,

"I guess you're kinda cute when you're sleeping." He mumbled.

Anya shifted slightly and moved her head closer to his neck she muttered in her sleep,

"Dior smells good..."

Damian bit back a smart reply she was still sleeping after all, he sighed and started grumbling to himself.

"For the sake of my mission I'll do this over and over again. Til you trust me Desmond girl. Until then don't leave with anyone else."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AH SORRY FOR THIS SUPER LATE UPDATE!!! I got super busy with week and haven't had a proper chance to write much. Again I'm so so sorry.

Though I was really happy when I saw all the comments and likes you guys are so cute. Reading all the comments made my heart go budump budump ♥️ so thank you all so much for the support I've been receiving I read every single comment and it makes me so insanely happy it's crazy I'm gonna try to respond to all of them when I can because it's a lot literally love every single one of you.

Before I forget I have been loving this prompt so much I plan on writing a spin off book, if you're interested be sure to follow me so you'll get the notification when I publish the story.
It'll be called
Our Missions Part
Our missions part will be about Damian's life with the forgers and him completing his mission by taking down Anya's father. This is inspired by in another life BokuAka fic so it's gonna be a Angsty as hell and a emotional ride so buckle up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 26 8
With the eminent Demetrius Desmond gone, the Desmond household has grown even colder over the previous years, which Damian Desmond didn't even know t...
10.8K 181 20
No one, and I mean no one can disagree that Anya and Damian are a dream ship that all spy x family fans LOVE! This is a story about their love :D hop...
112K 3.2K 25
๐“ญ๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท ๐” ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚๐“ช (modern highschool au) Why had he waited so long? Damian found that question bothering him more than ever now that his high...
13.2K 378 16
I yearned for all these to be real, I wished we met under a normal circumstance, where I would probably have a loving wife and an adorable daughter...