Complicity [h.s]

By happydays1d

SEQUEL TO DUPLICITY. Complicity- to be involved with others in illegal activity or wrongdoing. After sacrifi... More

?
read me / trailer
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

20

346K 7.9K 56.8K
By happydays1d

Harry Styles

Hi, baby

Things have been eventful lately, I know it's making you frustrated with me. I get it, I know I'm creating things to be a bit difficult. I still lack maturity in certain situations and you have probably noticed that.

But, I think it's keeping your heart alive.

Not the part that makes the muscles pump blood through your body, the part that makes you feel...life. Your life is just so cold now, everyone around you is so strict and serious. I get it, we live serious dangerous lives. We're suppose to be serious about everything. We're suppose to live in fear of stepping out of line. But it's killing you, if not have already killed you. Niall and I running around Malikai's estate to call your bluff is reckless, immature, and idiotic.

But I think you need a little bit of that.

You loosened because of it. When I ran out to the garden, you followed me. When I held you against the shrubs, you didn't push me away. When I kissed your forehead, you swallowed.

I know you're still in there, angel. I know you can be saved. I will continue to call your bluff and although it's frustrating and dangerous, it's bringing you to life again. If I can't reap you out of the path I once walked, I'll bring Malikai to the ground myself. I was his person when it came to manipulating, interrogating, and intimidating. He trained me to get into peoples minds and play games. To read their expressions through their eyes and call their bluffs. I'm good at it, and I will use it against him.

Until then, I will bring you back to life.

"Okay, I'm heading out." I shut the journal, pushing out my barstool while keeping the cigarette between my lips.

"What! It's midnight." Niall objects from my left, speaking over the music.

"Yeah and I'm tired."

"You're always tired."

"Let him go, Niall." Dez says while counting the cash in the till. "If Louis can leave before midnight then Harry can too."

"Louis leaves to have sex. Harry leaves to cry himself to sleep."

"Niall, c'mon." Liam laughs while taking a swig from his beer. "Leave him be."

I smile with my cigarette, tucking the pocket journal in my hoodie pocket.

"It's okay, Liam." I lean my head over Niall's shoulder. "Niall doesn't know I've been fucking his pillow every night instead."

Liam and Dez cackle as Niall rolls his eyes and shrugs his shoulder away from me.

"Kidding, kidding." I grin while inhaling smoke, turning in exit.

I walk through the bar full of people playing pool, shooting darts, swaying to music, shouting at each other around tables. I make my way to the front, pushing through the door and walking up the graffitied steps. I finish off my cigarette as I get halfway across the road to Mei's, tossing the butt to the ground.

Distant chatter and police sirens play as usual background noise through the city. I walk my way through the alley besides the restaurant, getting up to the side entrance. Unlocking the door, I slip inside and head to the door in the inventory room. I unlock that one to see the rickety set of stairs that leads down to the abyss.

I shut the door behind me, walking down the long flight of creaking steps before getting to the bottom. The lights are turned off, making it pitch black in here.

I blindly reach my hand out to the left wall, finding the switch and turning it on. Once light fills the living room, I'm stunned to what I see.

Or who I see.

Perched on the sofa chair, Aven lays casually with her head on one arm rest and her legs dangling off the other. Cigarette between her lips, she turns her head and looks straight at me with a casual look in her eyes. My eyes widen, my mind trying to understand if this is real.

"What's wrong?" She furrows her brows. "Did I startle you?"

I blink in awe.

"What—How—I'm–"

"Confused?" She pivots her body to sit properly on the chair, crossing one stiletto over the other while watching me with amusement. "It's alarming when someone's breaks in. Kind of feels like a violation, doesn't it?"

I have so many questions, many coming from a place of worry. Her being here is very dangerous. She's a direct tie to Malikai. The guys would freak if they saw her here. This is the only place we have found safety after being homeless and on the run for months. If she rats, we will have to run again.

"How did you get in here?"

She chuckles.

"You don't like a taste of your own medicine? Bitter, isn't it?"

"How did you get in here, Aven?" I repeat in a stricter tone.

"Well, you're the one that decided to play dirty with the trackers." She shrugs.

"You tracked me here?"

"Nope." She shakes her head.

"Then how did you find it?"

"C'mon, Harry," she chuckles. "The four of you spend almost all your time at a bar across the street. All it had taken was for me to see you all stumble into this place. You'd think you would have better locks when living with a pickpocket, too."

"So, you're a stalker now?"

"Brave words from a man that keeps popping up everywhere I turn." She tilts her head, blowing smoke from the corner of her mouth.

"You can't be here."

"No?" She stands up, holding the cigarette between her two fingers. "Why is that?"

"If the others see you're here then—"

"They don't trust me?"

And how you said that with such an evil grin, Aven.

"Of course not." I state.

She frowns dramatically, walking over until she's right in front of my presence.

"Do you trust me?" She tilts her head again, taking a drag between her cherry painted lips.

My eyes glance down at her appearance, she's dressed in her usual darkness. Long leather coat, tall leather boots, a black leather skirt ending right at her upper-thigh, and a lace top with thin straps. She smells sweet like poison that tries to lure you in. She's covered in gold jewelry, rings, bracelets, necklaces. She's a walking dollar sign in the most discreet way.

"Should I?"

She chuckles. "Absolutely not."

I hear the door open from the top of the stairs. Quickly, I'm put into fight or flight with Aven standing in the middle of the living room. If any of the guys see her here, they are going to freak. They won't feel safe knowing Malikai may know where we live.

"Looks like your roomies are calling it a night." She smiles in mischief.

I grab her bicep and rush her over to my room. Luckily, she doesn't fight but I know she's enjoying this. She wants to get back at me for showing up at Malikai's estate. We've switched rolls as far as hiding each other goes.

I open my bedroom door and push her in before shutting it behind her. Seconds after, Louis comes stumbling down with a girl under his arm and kissing his neck. It's odd considering he usually doesn't bring girls here. They both look at me as I stay leaned against my bedroom door with my arms crossed. I give them each a nod and form my lips into a line.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Your just leaning against your door."

"And?" I shrug.

"Why?"

"Because it's my door and I'll lean against it if I want. Why don't you mind your own business?" I get defensive.

He rolls his eyes and walks past to his room. "Whatever, man."

In hindsight, it would've made more sense that I went in my room with Aven rather than stand outside of it like a freak. Once Louis shuts his door with his guest, I open my door and slip inside to the dimly lit room. I'm surprised she stayed quiet.

Shutting the door with my back, I shake my head at the stressful situation and rub my eyes. Eventually, I look into the small room to where I expect to see her pacing around while making snide comments about the concrete box I live in. I'm sure she's already searched the place before I got here anyway.

But, I'm wrong.

She stands in spot with her back to me, facing the wall of everything I've done to search for her over these last nine months. In pure silence, she just stares. I can't see her face to know what it looks like. But by the way she's frozen as a statue, it tells me this is the first time she's seeing it. The concrete wall above my desk is covered in pictures I've taken, security footage I've snagged, findings that I believed were clues. There's a map, a calendar where I jotted down what I was going to do that day in order to continue my search. It's a chaotic wall that represents the chaotic thoughts I was living for months. But it all revolves around her.

It's my wall dedicated to the search of Aven Brooks.

I clear my throat, staying by the door at the opposing wall behind her. "It's a little obsessive, I know."

She doesn't say anything, just keeps staring.

"I couldn't sleep most nights, so I found myself conjuring this up to get my thoughts out. It started off as a bulletin board...obviously it slowly got out of hand."

Her head turns down to my desk, head tilted in the direction of the camera sitting on the corner. She stares at it, not saying a word. My mind fights whether to say something that will either have her open up to me or cause her to shell up. I just have to take the chance and see what happens.

"Do you still take pictures?" I ask.

Not being able to see her eyes from behind, I watch as she keeps her head turned in the direction of the device. Silence fills the room as I await for an answer that may never come. She turns her head from the desk and slowly walks over to my nightstand, examining the area. The bed wasn't made, clothes were on the floor, it isn't very tidy in here.

Her arms remain crossed in her long leather coat, it only represents how guarded she's become around me now.

"Twin bed, huh?" She looks down at the small bed, ignoring my question.

"Gets the job done."

"Not good for fucking." She speculates.

"I wouldn't know."

"No?"

I shake my head.

"No lucky ladies from the bar have been special enough to break in the twin bed?" Her eyes peer at mine from next to my bed.

I keep my hands behind me, leaning back against the side of my desk. I shake my head, forming my lips into a line. "Nope."

"So, it's true." She begins. "You really haven't had sex since Vegas?"

"Unless you count the time at The Plaza."

"Just you and your hand then?" She teases.

"Not even."

"What do you mean?"

"I told you before, I don't like sexually fantasizing about you." I shrug.

She furrows her brows, keeping her arms crossed. "But surely you..."

"Jack off?"

"Yeah."

I shake my head, as in no.

"Even if you don't think about me?"

"I can't do it without thinking about you, Aven." I make clear. "You're implemented in my brain. Sexual pleasure makes me think of you. And I don't like thinking of you like that when I've done so many horrible things to you. I know it's dramatic, but it doesn't feel right."

She pauses, eyes drifting back to the bed. Right under my pillow she catches eyes on her journal poking from the edge. She slowly pulls it out.

"What a gentleman." She says in reference to my limits.

I roll my eyes and walk up to her, yanking the journal out of her hand and sticking it in the nightstand drawer. I'm very protective with her journal and although she's the one who wrote it, I'm scared that her seeing it will make her want to destroy it. I can't have that, it's one of the only thing that got me through this time. I'll guard that journal with my life.

"I'm not a gentleman." I say under my breath while shutting the drawer and walking back to the desk.

"So, no orgasms in nearly ten months?" She continues.

"Nope."

"Rough."

"It's whatever."

"I still don't believe you,"

"Why would I lie about that?" I lower my brows.

"Because you don't want to admit you've slept with other women." She smirks.

"Please," I laugh. "I wish I was sleeping with other women. My life would be a whole lot simpler."

She chuckles. "Well, I'm sorry I've made things so difficult for you."

"Don't be sorry," I shake my head. "Simple isn't always good. You gave my life meaning. Meaning makes things not so simple anymore, don't ya think?"

She dodges her cold eyes from mine, looking down at her feet with her arms crossed. She blinks to herself before looking up again, this time with a devious smile like she flipped moods. Batting her eyelashes, she waltzes towards me.

"You use to have sex with someone everyday. And now you're telling me you've deprived yourself of an orgasm for this long?"

"Yeah, you ruined me."

"If I knew that before, I would've at least let you finish at The Plaza. Maybe not inside of me, but still finish." She shrugs.

My throat goes tight, my hands gripping the edge of the desk behind my hips. She steps right up in front of me so our chests almost touch. I can't find the words to respond.

"You know, this dry spell is kind of...sexy to me." She continues.

"Fuck off."

"It kind of makes me want to get down on my knees right here."

"Don't play."

"Is that something you want?" She narrates an alluring smile. "For me to make you cum, Harry?"

Jesus.

"I'm not falling for it." I shake my head. "You're not tricking me again."

"No tricks, just pleasure."

"It's never just pleasure with you." I stand my ground this time.

"So, you don't want me to help you out?" She hums. "It's just an orgasm."

"I'm not giving you that power over me." I shake my head. "Because I'm telling you right now, when I decide to break this dry spell, it won't be wasted by you sucking me off just to prove something."

"No?"

"It'll be when I fuck you."

"When you fuck me?" She tilts her head in amusement, almost mocking me.

"Mhmm..." I nod, keeping my grip on the desk behind me. "When your begging me to get between those legs." I glance down at the body part.

She chuckles from my blunt words, pretending I'm not right.

"And you're confident on that?"

"You don't think I still have an effect on you? That one point in our lives you weren't feral for me to fuck you? To make you feel how no one has before? Not on your own, and certainly not from your ex-boyfriend. I know you've changed, but your desires will never go away. There's a reason we use to go at it constantly, we couldn't get enough of each other and that's bound to happen again. One day you will be pleading for me and that's something worth holding out for."

She runs silent. For once, not having a comeback of any sort. I stare down at her, my backside leaned against the desk while she stands directly in front of me. Even though the idea of her down on her knees sucking me off is an incredible thought—I can't let her do that. Not now. And not when I know it's something she's going to use as leverage against me. If I fold like last time, I'm back at square one—cuffed to a bed with my dick out.

I can see it now. She'll get down on her knees, take my dick in her mouth, make me cum faster than I can count to ten, grin up at me while wiping the corner of her mouth in victory. Because that's what this is all about to her, power and victory. If I cave, she wins.

And I meant what I said. This streak without an orgasm just means I'm going to wait until breaking it is something worth remembering. And that will be sex, with her, someday.

"You keep telling yourself that." She turns around, walking over to the bed again. "You weren't a tough shell to crack at The Plaza if I remember correctly."

"Well, I've learned from my mistakes."

Her eyes notice the mirror above my bed, causing her to stare for a moment. I watch, waiting for her to say something in regards to it. Maybe some joke about how kinky it is. But as she gazes in silence—arms crossed and examining the reflection, I remember that this is still Aven I'm standing in front of. Aven who knows about my past and knows about what certain things mean to me.

Like mirrors.

She clears her throat and directs her eyes away, looking elsewhere while not saying a word about it.

"Am I going to have to keep an eye out for Malikai to bust my door down any day now?" I say in distraction to the elephant in the room nailed above my bed.

"You think I'm gonna rat on this little set up you've got going on?" She smirks.

"I wouldn't put it past you."

"But then you wouldn't be my chess piece anymore, would you?"

I laugh, "Right. So why is it you came here behind daddy's back?"

"To put you on edge."

"Well, it worked." I admit.

"I think that's deserving of a checkmate, then." She runs her hair back.

"And I presume you travelled by subway?"

"No cell service on the subway. It's fun to feel untraceable once in a while. I now know there's no cell service down here either. You four are truly hidden from the world."

"So, what if he tries to reach you?"

"My father rarely calls me, he calls Zayn if he needs me."

"And what if Zayn calls you?"

"Zayn thinks I'm asleep in my bed."

"And when he finds outs you're not?"

"Either I snuck out and he's going to come find me. Or he's going to assume I was kidnapped."

"Kidnapped?"

"Yep, taken in the night. Held somewhere with no service, probably in the city, probably underground, probably by an enemy of my father." She glances around the concrete room. "Probably held somewhere like this." She points out with a small smile.

"Ah," I catch on while crossing my arms. "And that's where I'll get looped back in, right? If you get caught sneaking out, I'm your fall-back? Obsessive ex-husband kidnapped you?"

"It does work out kind of perfectly for me, doesn't it?"

I chuckle, nodding my head.

"You've got it all figured out." I nod. "I am just your pawn after all, aren't I?"

"Mhmm." She nods.

"You see, you say that. But all I can think about is how much trouble you're going through just to see me. The whole thing feels a little redundant." I call her bluff again.

"Don't flatter yourself," she roams around the room, looking at everything. "I sneak out a lot more than you think, and not to see you."

"And what would Malikai think about that?"

"I've learned a lot about my father in these past ten months. I've exceeded all his expectations and we've built trust off of that. He doesn't have time to keep his eye on me, he's running an empire. If I wasn't to be trusted, I would be shackled to a room forever. He gives me freedom, I just need to make sure Zayn is with me."

Freedom. He actually contorted what the word means in your brain, Av.

"You've already broken the rules, then."

"I'm a big girl," She mocks. "I think I can handle sneaking out to you for one night. Especially to scare you."

"Oh, so you've convinced yourself this is the only time you're going to be showing up here?" I lean off the desk. "The only time you're going to be standing in my bedroom?"

She watches as I walk up to her, stopping right when I get to the tips of her shoes. Her eyes stay glued to mine beneath her long eyelashes.

"My mind is a theatrical place."

"Well, I think we've had a fair share of your theatrics tonight. Let me drive you back to your car."

"Drive me?" She tilts her head.

"Were you too busy breaking into my place to notice the car in the alley?"

"Apparently,"

"C'mon then," I nod her to follow me out of the room.

I need to get her out of here before someone else comes home and sees. The only reason we were able to talk in my room is because Louis is too preoccupied in his. Now's my only chance to get her out, even though I rather spend as much time with her as I can. Tonight isn't the night.

I open the door and walk out towards the stairs, grabbing the car keys on the side table. Surprisingly, she obeys and follows me out through the living room without any funny business. Up the long flight of stairs, I lead us to the top.

"I didn't get to ask why you live under a restaurant." She states.

"And you probably shouldn't."

"Sweet."

Side door of the alley, we push out to see the car. It's a very beat up silver Poniac with one red door that we replaced in a bind. It's a very shitty car that can break down any second but it does what it needs to. Often we don't drive around anyway.

I walk around to the passenger side and open the door for her.

"And you say you're not a gentleman." She teases in sarcasm while getting in the car.

I slam the door from the remark and walk around the front, getting in the drivers seat. As I sit down, I nearly fall flat due to the seat reclined so far. Aven raises her brow as I quickly straighten up. I turn my head back at the seat, putting two and two together as to why it's completely angled back.

"Well, at least someone's getting action." Aven mumbles. "My car is near the same station as last time."

I pull the leaver to straighten the seat back to normal, shaking my head. "Yeah, watch out for any sex stains in the fabric."

She chuckles and leans her elbow on the window as I turn on the car. I glance at her for a second while shifting the gear into reverse and driving out of the alley with my hand on the back of her chair.

I put on my seatbelt, glancing at hers to see how it isn't done up. She stares out her window, preoccupied in her own mind.

"Put on your seatbelt." I move my eyes to the road as I drive out to the street.

She doesn't answer, she also doesn't put on her seatbelt.

"Aven." I speak up.

Still looking out her window, she holds her middle finger up in my direction.

"I'm not kidding, put it on."

She turns her head to me with a aggravated expression. "You're aggravating me."

"Why are you protesting?"

"Because I don't need to listen to you?"

"God, can you just put it on?" My eyes bounce back and forth between hers and the road. "You're being stubborn for no reason."

"Why won't you let it go?"

"Because the last time I was in a car with you we were in an accident and you almost died from not wearing a seatbelt!"

She goes quiet, but keeps that frustrated look on her face. I turn my eyes back to the road, keeping my wrist resting on top of the wheel. Her head turns out her own window.

Why did I yell?

I shouldn't be yelling when expressing how worried I am for her safety.

She doesn't like to be yelled at.

I can't help but be a little traumatized when sitting in a vehicle with her again. I still remember Vegas like yesterday, even with how unconscious I was. Not only that, but seeing her not put on her seatbelt just signifies how much she's changed. She use to be so strict about wearing a seatbelt. She use to always put mine on for me. And now, she couldn't care less about the polyester filament strap that keeps her safe. Through all the chaos her life entails, she's simply run out of time to put on a seatbelt.

I breathe with more composure, "The last time we were in a car together, you put on my seatbelt and was too rushed to put on yours—"

"Yeah I get it." She cuts me off rushingly. "I don't need to hear about something that happened ages ago. I was there."

"Okay, fine." I reach my hand out and place it on her thigh. "I'm sorry."

I rub her thigh with the apology, not realizing until a few seconds later that it was an old instinct that doesn't apply to us anymore. Her eyes dart down at the touch, acknowledging it at the same time I do. But, she doesn't push it away. Instead, she watches as I keep my hand on her thigh with the light stroke of my thumb.

I gently keep my hand where it is. With her warm skin under my cold palm, my fingers gently curve up and down her thigh. My eyes can't help but keep switching from the road and to the contact. Silence fills the car.

She's actually letting me rest my hand on her thigh with compassion?

I keep sliding my palm up and down her thigh in a comforting motion, feeling the soft skin under my rough hand. Through the bright lights and constant street commotion, this is all I can think about when driving through New York City.

She shifts her hips—slightly, causally. Doing it makes my hand naturally sit higher. I swivel my eyes to her, noticing her head turned out the passenger window. My hand is nearly under her skirt, still on her thigh.

I change the direction of my rub, my hand now curving around her thigh and in between the two. I breathe out, looking ahead at the city road I'm weaving through. She parts her legs to create a space between them, allowing my hand more freedom to rub her inner thigh.

Shit.

The side of my pinky finger just barely grazes the crease of her thigh as it rubs up and down. My eyes flick up to see her head turned to my direction now. Her eyes stay on mine as she keeps a blank look on her face, unreadable.

This is getting heavy, maybe I should stop.

Just when I'm about to pull my hand away, she slouches back in her chair and spreads her legs wider. Her eyes stay on mine while making a move for me to do something more. I glance at her and the road, back and forth. Her spread legs makes her skirt bunch up so I can spot the gentle material of her panties.

Red.

All black outfit, red fucking panties.

I can't glance for too long or I'd crash this car.

My two fingers ever so gently graze up and down where her inner thigh meets her panty line. Her jaw tightens, eyes pouncing down to the touch of my two fingers grazing up and down right next to the thin cloth covering her. I continue grazing around the panties, not giving her the total satisfaction of touching her over it. The delicate touch is making her stiffen.

She exhales through her nose, hoping I don't hear the effect this has on her. I watch the road for a few seconds, making a left hand turn with one hand.

Once I feel she's been put on edge enough, I move my two fingers over the panties, very gentle grazing up and down her slit I can make out through the thin fabric. The material is hot, and the more I rub, the damper it starts to feel.

She puts her head back on the headrest, turning to the passenger window so I can't see her face. All I can see is her chest rising up and down with tension. She's melting into the seat as we speak.

"Tell me if I should pull over." I whisper.

Her chest continues to convey up and down as I graze her clit over the panties. Legs spread in the passenger seat, she looks like a dream. I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting hard from this. I can already feel how much tighter my jeans are getting.

My eyes stay on the road for a bit while I do everything to stay focused on touching her with slight tease. The fabric is only getting wetter as she starts to become restless to staying still.

"Or tell me to stop."

I hook my fingers on the side of the panties and pull them to one side, exposing her. My eyes steer from the road and can't help but look down at how ready she is for me, glistening in her own desires. I breathe out and shake my head, not expecting her to be this wet already.

Two fingers gently graze from the bottom of her slit to the top, easily gliding from how wet she is. Her head snaps to my direction from the bare touch, lips parted and a darkness in her eyes that tells me she's about to to risk it all.

"Pull over."

//

I hope you enjoy harry's house!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 57.6K 86
[COMPLETED] asset • noun a useful or valuable thing or person. A sociopath mafia member who is far too good at his job, and a girl who never wanted t...
3.2M 108K 99
Quinn Adams has the definition of a perfect life for some. She lives in the most expensive house, she's rich, she's popular, and she can get any guy...
12.2K 222 87
Lu Ruanruan is an Alpha of salted fish, and her biggest wish in life is: to lie down and win, but the reality is always bad luck and nothing. The day...
48.3K 3.6K 16
[SEQUEL TO INTERLUDE] Alouette's hand clenches around the letter opener. The two guards at the other end of the room step forward, ready to interven...