The Rising of the Red Dragon...

By Setyourheartablaze16

When Issei Hyoudou comes home to find his mother with a gun pointed to her head, he is forced to make a choic... More

Chapter 1: Awakening
Chapter 2: Dungeonering
Chapter 3: Meeting with the Red Dragon
Chapter 4: And so it begins
Chapter 5: Encounter with the fallen
Chapter 6: Second to last
Chapter 7: New Allies
Chapter 8: Gremory vs The Mysterious Man
Chapter 9: The Black Princess
Chapter 10: A Date with a Fallen
Chapter 11: Punishments
Chapter 12: First Wave Strikes
Chapter 13: Holy Maiden
Chapter 14: Parental Guidance
Chapter 15: Relishing in being a cockblock
Chapter 16: Just looking out for my future wife!
Current Characters
Chapter 18: I am the Holy Knight, Freed Selzen!
Chapter 19: Back to school
Chapter 20: Familiar Forest
Chapter 21: Rimuru Tempest
Chapter 22: Riser Phenex
Chapter 23: The Training Begins!
Chapter 24: Expectations of a King
Chapter 25: The Training Continues
Chapter 26: Let The Game Begin!
Chapter 27: First Blood Called! A battle of Rooks
Chapter 28: I Will Avenge You!
Chapter 29: The Wrath of Thunder!
Chapter 30: An Unexpected Opponent!
Chapter 31: The Winner Is...
Chapter 32: I Was Referring To My Servant...
Chapter 33: I choose you
Chapter 34: The Only Way Out
Chapter 35: Two Birds Before A Dragon
Chapter 36: The Embodiment Of Power (End of S1)

Chapter 17: Saving Asia

4.1K 95 55
By Setyourheartablaze16

Since her arrival at the church, Asia has been undergoing various tests which the sisters deemed mandatory.

She, of course didn't care much about the tests as it was simple things like the disclosure of her blood type. But one question did manage to arouse doubt in the blonde nun's heart.

"Asia, are you happy with the gift you have?" Raynare had asked. Asia, at first shook her head." To be honest, I never really desired to be special. On the contrary I always wanted to be normal. But as a result of this power I have lost almost everything I had.

I never made a single friend back in the church and despite my age, I am still ignorant of things children half my age are aware of. I like being able to help people and curing them of their illnesses. But when does my healing start?" She spoke.

Raynare nodded as she gazed upon the girl's saddened face. She placed her hand on her cheek and gave her the most sympathetic smile she could muster.

"In that case, what if I told you that I could transfer your gift? From you to someone else?" Raynare questioned. Asia looked shocked at this. But Raynare continued." You'd be normal and have the life you have always longed for. Your days without friends will be a thing of the past."

Asia looked into Raynare's eyes and felt something in her mind giving way as the sister's eyes twinkled. Asia nodded in response." I'd like that." She responded monotonously.

Raynare smiled at her." Good. Then tonight, we'll set you free of this curse." She spoke and embraced the girl. A cunning smile making its way onto her face.

'Here after, I'll be the most invincible fallen angel! Then he will have to acknowledge me!'

-----------------------------

Issei was busy meditating in his room and filling his spirit core with mana when three notifications went off.

[The skill {Meditation} has leveled up! LV29-LV30]

[The skill {Cultivation} has leveled up! LV2-LV3]

[Quest Alert!: Faith to the faithless

-The fallen are preparing to steal Asia Argento's sacred gear! Stop them and save the damsel in distress!

Rewards:
- 3rd Grade Holy spell book
- 10 000 reputation points with Asia Argento
- +1 1rst Grade Holy Crystal]

[Do you accept?]

[Y]

[Time for Quest completion: 5:32:07!]

Issei sighed.' Seems like they made their choice. Oh well.' He thought. As he selected the 'yes' option.

His gaze fell to his spirit core status and felt a smile make its way onto his face.

[Spirit Core LV3: 800MP(Peak)]

'So, now I have eight hundred points of mana stored up and I have only been accumulating mana for an hour. Good. Although my pace is a bit lagging as a result of the seal, it will be more than ready for my battle with the fallen.' He thought as he closed his eyes and continued with his cultivation.

"First, how are you progressing?" He spoke. A copy off himself sat in the corner of his room, doing his homework for the day." Physics is almost done. The rest have been completed." Issei hummed in response.

"And you, Second?" He inquired to the second copy who seemed to be in the middle of meditating himself. But in reality, he was training within the mental scape Ddraig had taught him to enter with a multitude of clones.

" 'Lesser' Progress are as follows: 1 vs 5, victorious. 1 vs 10, victorious. 1 vs 20, victorius. 1 vs 30 draw. 1 vs 100, failure, 32 defeated." The clone finished. Issei hummed, pleased with what he heard.

This was ultimately a test to see how well he would fare against multiple opponents, both weaker and stronger than him. By creating a clone with half his strength and multiple more with either greater or lesser strength. And have them fight the clone with half his strength in groups divided into Lesser and Greater according to wether or not they were stronger than the original clone or not.

And it would appear, that he'll need more training in the martial arts.

"Skill progress?" Issei inquired." Taekwando, level 20 peak. Freestyle, level 28 mid. Dodge has leveled up to level 22. Parry has leveled up to level 19. Battle sense, level 27." The clone finished. Again, Issei hummed pleased.

An hour later, it was six in the afternoon. The sun had already begun to set. Issei opened his eyes and both his clones disappeared immediately.

Standing from his meditating position on the floor he looked at his spirit core status one last time.

[Spirit Core LV5: 4000MP(Mid)]

A smile made it onto his face as he descended into shadows.' It's time.'

------------------------------
Arriving at the foot of the hill leading up to the church. A second later, Kurohime appeared beside him, wearing a sleeveless, white, battle kimono with golden highlights and black pants which hugged her legs well. Finishing off her outfit with black Shinobi sandals and a pair of white fingerless gloves strapped around her hands. The image of a golden fox head residing on the back of the gloves. Her hair was rolled up and pinned together with a golden comb.

Issei nodded in approval at her outfit. Especially because he could detect the traces of both magic and enchantments coming off of the sandals, kimono and gloves.

He snapped his fingers and a faint light engulfed him before it faded, showing him in his Shadow Armor with his hood and face mask on.

"Let's go." He stated." Yes, master."

Both quickly made their way up the hill. Issei with his advanced human strength and Kurohime with her enchanted sandals.

They blitzed up the hill and was due to arrive at the church within a second or two more.

But just as they got closer, a cluster of light spears came raining down on them!

Issei, already having detected the spears coming, summoned a {Shield Barrier} which protected them from the combined explosion caused by the multitude of light spears.

Dust kicked up all around as a ten metre wide crater was formed where the two stood.

Fallen descended down from the skies. Three to be precise. A male fallen dressed in a trench coat and hat, a feminine one dressed in a maroon sleeveless jacket and skirt and a smaller female one, dressed in a cosplay outfit.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Dohnaseek spoke as the dust cleared to reveal the two still standing unharmed." Two trespassers. That too on this sacred night? What have you come here for? Turn back or otherwise be crushed." Kalawarner spoke with authority.

Kurohime turned his gaze to her master in question." Master, go on ahead I'll take care of them." She spoke. Issei nodded." So be it, make sure not to kill them. I want them alive." Issei stated before vanishing from sight.

Dohnaseek prepared to chase after Issei but was stopped by a barrier appearing behind him.

Kurohime would not let them escape.

They turned to her and some of them sneered." If you wish to die that bad, then we'll grant you your wish!" Mittelt shouted and all of them charged at Kurohime with light spears and swords in hand.

Kurohime, in turn, smiled as she got into a battle stance. Golden magic circles originating from her hands encircled her hands and forearms. Her eyes, glowing a brilliant gold.' Let's dance!'

Both parties proceeded to jump into battle.

-----------------------------

CRACK!..BOOOM!!

The doors of the church exploded off their hinges as Issei came walking in.

He looked up at the alter and sneered." Come out! I know you're hiding behind the podium!" He spoke with his modified voice, courtesy of his mask, as he continued to walk down to the alter.

A laugh was heard throughout the church right after." Well now, you certainly are an observant one. Tell me, are you associated with the devils?" A man inquired as he stepped out from behind one of the alters.

Silver white hair, crimson red eyes and dressed in a priester's robe. A devilish smirk adorning his face.

This, was Freed Selzen!

Issei gazed at the man's status disapproved.

[''Freed Selzen LV30'']

'Another fake.' Issei thought as he saw the man's status in quotation marks.

"I bet you couldn't care less about that, now do you Freed Selzen?" Issei replied.

Freed's eyes narrowed at the figure before him." You know who I am. That's sad, cause I don't know you. But I guess what you said is true. I'm gonna kill you either way!" He exclaimed and launched himself at Issei.

And boy, was Freed fast!

Issei barely dodged the man's attack as he slashed at Issei with a light sword.

Issei was surprised to say the least.' So, he knows the body flicker technique. And has mastered it to such an extent.' Issei thought as he continued to dodge Freed's attacks.

As Issei dodged the slash directed at his shoulder, he noticed Freed's smirk as his other hand held a gun pointed at him beneath the arm he used to slash at Issei.

'But..'

Freed pulled the trigger." Die!!!" He shouted as the shot went off.

But Issei wasn't there anymore.

'...I have mastered it to an even greater extent!' Issei appeared behind Freed and clogged him in the temple with a savage back hand.

'Body Flicker, Full Cowling, 20% Bitch Slap!'

[Critical Hit!]

[-2000HP!]

[The perk {Twice Critical} has been activated!]

[-4000HP!]

Freed was sent flying through the benches and into the wall. He was knocked out!

Issei approached him and looked down at Freed's fallen form. He confiscated Freed's equipment before placing a binding spell on him. A green rune appeared on his forehead indicating the spell was active.

Issei frowned.' This guy is incapacitated, bound with a spell and relieved of all his equipment. And yet me instincts are still acting up around this guy. Why?' He thought before a thought came to him.

'Observe!'

[Name: Freed Selzen

Title: [Renegade Holy Knight][Member of the Selzen Family] [Apostle of Greed]

Level: 30| Next level: 12 004 071Exp

Class: Low Class|Human (Demonic Enhanced)

Stats:

HP: 781/8100

MP: 2330/4707

SC: 10%

CHI: 60

DES(Demon Essence): 500(Suppressed)

KI/DE(Demonic Energy): 4501/9000 (Suppressed)

AURA: 2790/3120

Demon Aura: 26 000/26 000 (Suppressed)

STR: 120

STA: 150

DEX: 100

INT: 50

WIS: 54

CHA: 7

LUC: 87

-Freed Selzen, second son of the Selzen family. A family of exorcists. Born on April 2 2003. He is the older brother of Lint Selzen, the bearer of {Incinerate Anthem} and younger brother of the Holy Knight Siegfreed Selzen, possessor of six mystic swords!

As the son of Freda and Siegbert Selzen, two well known instructors of exorcism, he was raised to be a knight of the church.

Although he possessed no holy affinity, unlike his elder brother and younger sister, Freed did possess a unfounded drive to succeed his older brother, and trained until he eventually became a holy knight of the church.

He inherited his mother's talent for enchantments even though it wasn't nearly as potent as his mother's holy enchantments or his sister's rune magic. He mastered his father's sword techniques, but also to a lesser extend than both his father and elder brother.

Being born without any of his parents' talents and without a sacred gear, two things both his elder brother and younger sister inherited, he was believed to be the failure of the Selzen household.

This drove him to try harder than his siblings. But it was all for not, as he was the last of his siblings to become a holy knight.

Freed later went on a mission to exterminate a group of cultists seeking to revive the seven primordial demons of Hell. During said mission, Freed accidentally fell into the summoning ritual while trying to save the seven innocent people that the cultists had abducted for sacrifices.

The summoning of the demon's soul took place and it was sealed into Freed. As a result, Freed became the host of the primordial demon, Greed!

The demon could now, no longer be removed as it had bonded with his soul and removing it would kill Freed. Having discovered what had happened to him, Freed attempted to block the demon's influence over him through sealing spells. But this too, was for not, for the only way to resist a demon's influence is through having both a compatibility with the demon as well as possessing demonic immunity. And because Freed possessed compatibility but lacked immunity, all he had succeeded in doing was locking up the enhancements he would have received from being the demon's host and angering the demon spirit.

Freed slowly started losing his sanity until he eventually became a mad man. He was excommunicated from the church for the vile actions he committed and was declared a renegade.

He later started hunting demons, finding a small part of himself in doing the tasks he had once done. But even this task had soon become corrupted as he slaughtered all that had so much as a slight connection to a demon.

He later drew the attention of the fallen, who recruited him. Thus he continued with his tyranny until he was defeated by a shadow warrior!]

Issei looked at the man surprised.' That would explain why my instincts acted up. This guy is a certified jinchuriki!!!' Issei thought.

He turned to look at his shield before speaking." I could grant him the skill demonic immunity, but for that he'd have to be my servant. Is there a shield that would allow me to free this man from his suffering?" Issei inquired.

The jewel on his shield glowed before the list of his shields appeared and focused in on the {Soul Eater Shield}. Issei quickly checked it's abilities, and was pleasantly surprised.

[Abilities include:

{Skill Point Consumption}
-Allows host to steal others skill points by coming in contact with them. Skill is effective so long as the host has touched the target.

{Experience Point Consumption}
-Allows host to consume others experience points. Continued contact is required to perform this skill.

{Soul Consumption}
-Allows for the consuming of soul energy.

{Inheritance}
-Allows the host to gain the power and knowledge of the souls he has consumed.

{Transference}
-Allows the host to transfer some of his skill, knowledge or experience to someone else by transferring spiritual energy. This technique will grant the recipient the same level of mastery over a skill as the host.

Special ability:[Demon Lord Seed]

-This ability grants the user the ability to evolve into a being on par with a demon lord.

Requirements: consume a hundred thousand souls!

Souls consumed: 270/100 000]

Issei whistled at what he read. 'So wait, I already have nearly three hundred souls? Is it because I had the sacred treasure consume the soul of a demon that has already consumed various souls?' Issei thought." More than likely." Ddraig replied.

Regardless, Issei summoned the shield. And it appeared to look almost like a ghost. With a white demon face and a mouth that stretched across the entire shield. It's eyes being closed at the moment.

"Partner, I think I should also mention that the Red dragon shield is capable of doing the same thing through the use of the skill {transfer}." Ddraig mention.

Issei deadpanned at this." And you're only mentioning this now?". He stated before checking his skill points.

[Skill points: 25 400]

"In that case, I might as well kick the asses of every priest in this church. Steal all their skill points and experience and level up demonic immunity to a level where not even a primordial demon can effect him, and then transfer the skill." Issei commented and turned to the alter. He could feel the presence of aura coming from beneath it.

Walking towards it, he smiled.' I'm coming Asia. Wait for me.'

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, the three other fallen had their hands full with Kurohime.

The girl had soundly beaten all of them into the ground. The three fallen could be seen with tattered and torn clothes. Bruises being visible all over their exposed skill as they laid in craters. Some being unconscious.

And one trying to get back up.

That one being Kalawarner.

She stared down her enemy with reverence." How? How could you possess such power? Even for someone in the second realm, it shouldn't have been this hard for us to fend you off. Just who are you?" She inquired as the hair on her head fell down her face.

Kurohime smiled." To answer your first question. I have always been this powerful. But as a result of my immature body, I was always limited to the first realm. Now, thanks to my master, I have shed that limitation and have ascended to the second realm. And soon, I will ascend into the third. It is because of him that I will reach heights not even you fallen could dream off." She spoke with a savage grin. And to emphasize her point, she revealed her five golden fox tails.

Kalawarner looked on shocked as she gazed upon the kitsune's figure." Who is this master you revere so highly?" She asked. If one man could make a being thís powerful then he was certainly a threat!

Kurohime grinned from ear to ear as she approached the fallen." He is the one you saw earlier. A man. But unlike any man. Human, yet possessing of godlike power. He is the protector in the night. The light in the darkness. The destroyer of evil. So I suggest you beg for his mercy. Cause this might be your last night." She finished before one of her tails swiftly slapped the fallen on the back of her head. Her head struck the ground and immediately rendering her unconscious.

A quick binding spell insured they wouldn't rise again.

"My, oh my, what do we have here?" Kurohime turned her head to meet the faces of Rias and Akeno as they approached her.

"If I am not mistaken, you are that new student. But why oh why would you be causing trouble in devil's territory when you are clearly of the Yokai faction? A faction we are affiliated with?" Rias inquired as she came to a halt just in front of Akeno.

Kurohime smiled as she retracted her tails." Fear not, child of Gremory. We are not here to stir up any trouble. We are merely here to retrieve our comrade, whom the fallen took hostage. So I kindly ask that you order your other servants to stay away from the church." She finished and made all the fallen disappear with her magic.

Rias narrowed her eyes." You sensed our approach. Even though we suppressed our presence and power. That is to be expected of a kitsune.

But considering that you are in my territory, I would advice against outbursts like these. It tends to rub our hierarchy the wrong way. That is ultimately why we are the town rulers. For you to come to us." She states.

This time it was Kurohime who narrowed her eyes." You claim to be the town's ruler? How laughable! Both fallen and demons have run rampant throughout this town and until recently, brought about nothing but countless deaths. Even now, they abducted one of our own!

You lack the efficiency to rule. You let your enemies trespass and massacre the people you are sworn to protect. Tell me then. What kind of leader are you?" Kurohime questioned with piercing eyes.

Rias could not find it within her to reprimand the Kitsune, as much as her pride demanded it. Because she knew her words were true.

Akeno, on the other hand, didn't tolerate the Kitsune's behaviour." While we understand you are displeased, mind you that you are still addressing a devil princess. Disrespect will not be tolerated." Akeno stated with a daring smile.

Kurohime turned her gaze to Akeno. Her eyes showing disinterest." You know, when my master mentioned what all you devils allowed to transpire here, he was most disappointed with you, Akeno." She stated.

The two devils were confused by her words." Your master? Why would he be disappointed with my servant?" Rias inquired.

Kurohime looked up at the stars in the sky as she sighed." He said, that out of all of you, he expected Akeno to have had the most sympathy for the humans that lost their children, parents and siblings. As she had lost her own. But considering that you wipe the memory of everyone affiliated with the deceased, I wouldn't put it beneath you to feel nothing at all. " Kurohime stated before making her way up the mountain to the church.

Rias and Akeno's eyes widened at this. And this time, it was Akeno who could not bring herself to reprimand the Kitsune, because she was once again reminded of her loss. And deep down, she began to agree with Kurohime's master.

'Why didn't I feel anything at that time? Why was there no trace of sympathy for them? Have I begun to take pleasure in the suffering of others to such an extend that I have even started taking delight in the misery caused by demons!? Or could I have simply forgotten of my own misery?' She began to question herself.

Rias and Akeno could only reflect on their actions as Kurohime walked up the mountain.

Seeing they no longer had any questions for her, she vanished in a burst of speed.

------------------------------

A while back...

Issei stood before the podium as he focused his battle detection skill on the floor below.

He could feel around fifty human signatures and one fallen signature.

'Most likely Raynare.' He thought. Looking to the timer at the edge of his vision, he shook his head.

[3:59:08]

'I'm way to early. But better early than late. Imagine if I only had to safe her in under thirty minutes. That would have been crazy in my condition!' He thought while he sighed in relieve.

[Notice!]

[The Fallen have become aware of your presence and have hasten the process of stealing Asia's sacred gear!]

[Time to complete mission has been altered!]

[0:19:06]

...
...
...
...

'Fuck...'

He soon sank into the shadows as he now had a limited time left to safe Asia.

Traveling through the shadow realm, he saw the multitude of shadows from the stray priests, but they did not interest him.

Two shadows at the far end, were what interested him.

Asia's and Raynare's shadows.

He could vividly see Raynare chaining Asia to a cross while all the priests stood guard at the entrance of the basement.

He snorted.' That cross might be it.' He thought and hastily made his way through their shadows.

Raynare was so immersed in chaining Asia to the cross that she lacked the focus to detect the subtle shift in her shadow, beneath her.

A fist came flying out at a high speed shocking her as it struck at her abdomen. She was sent flying over ten metres before her wings stabilized her flight and held her in the air.

She glared at the man dressed in his black assassin-like armor, as he emerged from the shadows.

With a swift swing of his hand, the chains were destroyed and the half conscious Asia fell into his arms.

"What!? Who are you!?" She asked as she summoned a spear of light and all the priests in the area turned to him with their light swords drawn.

He was about to send Asia to his house through a shadow gate. But Raynare quickly disrupted his spell with a flash of her light magic. Dispelling the shadow portal.

"Answer me!?" She shouted and charged at the figure. Though, just when she was about to reach him with her light spear, a copy of the man emerged from the shadow below her.

In his hand, he held a shield with the faces of two dogs on it. And in the blink of an eye, those dogs' necks extended, biting into the arm and neck of the fallen.

"Aaaaargh!!!" She cried out as their teeth pierced her flesh." Infect!" Issei called out and the two heads started pouring a malicious energy into the fallen's body.

Her screams intensified before she summoned a light spear and stabbed at the dogs' heads. They soon retracted.

Meanahile Asia looked up at the man carrying her in his arms. Her eyes widening when he lowered his mask and revealed his face.

"Iss..." She couldn't finish her sentence as Issei held his finger over her lips." Shhh, I'll take you to safety." He spoke. Her eyes were suddenly blinded by a green flash of light before they disappeared.

Back with Raynare, she sneered when she saw that Asia was taken away. She turned to the man before her as her eyes were filled with rage. "How dare you!? Do you have any idea what you have done!?" She exclaimed before turning to the priests and shouting.

"What are you fools waiting for!? Attack...!?" She shouted but to no avail. The priests were already defeated. Five copies of the man before her were already busy tying them up.

She looked shocked, and horror soon filled her face.

"To answer your question, I was merely saving the girl you intended to kill, my dear Raynare." He spoke.

She heard his voice. But when she turned to look at his now revealed face, she was shocked." Issei!?" She exclaimed. He smirked." The one and only."

---------------------------

Having made their way into the church, Koneko and Kiba stared at the damage done to the place.

Even the priest that laid in the corner.

"Issei is here." Koneko stated nonchalantly. Kiba's eyes widened." Are you sure?" He asked. She nodded." Yup. His sent is all over the priest. He's probably taking his revenge. We better not intervene." She spoke and turned around and started walking out the church.

Kiba looked at her flabbergasted." You want to leave him to fend them of on his own? And what revenge would he seek from the fallen?" Kiba asked confused.

Koneko didn't stop her exit." They tried to kill him and almost succeeded. It pissed him off. Him taking his revenge isn't an issue considering his level of power. But if we are spotted here, we may be considered responsible for the fallen's downfall. Which could spark even more trouble with their faction down the road.

Issei is powerful. He'll handle it. He wouldn't be here if he thought otherwise Our presence here might only cause more trouble for president later on." Koneko spoke.

"Wise decision."

They heard a voice coming from the entrance. Koneko was immediately on guard while Kiba's hand rested on his sword.

Kurohime came walking in. Her smile unnerving them to no end. She turned her gaze to Koneko and her smile grew into a smirk." It's been awhile. Hasn't it, Koneko?" She spoke.

Koneko scanned her over, not recognising her for an instant. That was, until she took note of the blond hair, blue eyes, whisker marks on her cheeks and the Kitsune aura that she now released.

"It's you!?" Koneko exclaimed in surprise. Mostly due to her new appearance." You know her, Koneko?" Kiba asked. Koneko nodded and relaxed her guard a bit." She's Issei's servant." She spoke, completely catching Kiba by surprise.

Kiba gazed at Kurohime and attempted to sense her power level. He let go of his sword as soon as he did." A high class servant? As much as I'd like to know how he gained such an ally, or why you didn't inform us of this earlier, Koneko, I'll have to agree with your earlier statement. If she is here to back him up. Then our services are no longer required." He spoke.

Kurohime nodded." I appreciate you looking out for my master. I'll make sure that he knows of this. You may leave the rest to me." She spoke and started to make her way to the alter.

Kiba and Koneko let her pass, but Kiba had a question." If I may ask, what are Issei's plans for the future?" He inquired. She stopped and turned to him." And why would that concern you?" She asked.

"We wouldn't want to accidentally trample over them due to being unaware, nor do we wish to intervene. We could like to aid him in his endeavors, but we don't even know what they may be." He spoke.

Kurohime hummed at the knight's expression and tone of voice.' He speaks the truth.' She nodded." You need not fear. Nor worry. My master merely wishes to protect this world from harm. Nothing more, nothing less." She spoke and continued on her way.

"And of the devils? Does he have any plans for us?" He inquired. This time, his tone of voice being more apprehensive.

She started to chuckle at his words." Oh, you'll know in due time." She spoke as she reached the podium. With a light kick, she made it fall over and revealed the hidden passage before making her way down.

Kiba and Koneko turned to one another and nodded.' We have to inform the president.'

----------------------------------

Raynare glared at the boy before her." Issei, you dare to intervene in my matters!? Why!?" She exclaimed as she summoned a light spear.

Issei sighed. A bored expression adorning his face." I did tell you, didn't I? That I would come for that which is mine. So why are you trying to take that which I have declared mine?" He spoke. His tone reaching a threatening level.

It was at this point that he released his aura. And immediately there was a heavy pressure bearing down on Raynare.

Her body froze as her instincts warned her not to approach him. Even her power started to fluctuate as it clearly felt the threat to its existence.

The light spear in her hands vanished!

'What ís this!? Why can't I move my body? Why can't I call upon my power!?' She thought, panicked. Her eyes started to focus in on Issei as he approached her.

He could clearly see the effect his aura had upon her.' So this is the demon slayer's aura. Interesting.' He double the aura output and immediately, her legs began shaking. A moment later, she collapsed. Her eyes clouded with fear.

He came to a stand still before her. His eyes looking down at her fragile form. His hand, held above her face." You tried to kill my friend Asia. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you?" He spoke. She couldn't bring herself to look up at him. Much less open her mouth.

She tried to speak, but her jaw only started shaking. Issei dropped the aura to a bareable degree to allow her to speak. And speak she did.

"Y-You know nothing!" She exclaimed half heartedly at the monster before her. But Issei only hummed in response." Then how about you explain it to me. That which you say I do not know?" He commanded.

She snared." That power, doesn't belong to her. Twilight healing does not belong to her, or any human..." she spoke as her head fell back to her knees." What do you know...?" She began." What do you know about working your entire life at something, only to have it taken from you and given to somebody else!!?" She exclaimed.

She raised her head, and her eyes were filled with wrath and contempt. But also sorrow and longing.

"I am Raynare, the Twighlight angel! Twilight healing, was MY power! All of the twilight sacred gears are powers I developed and cultivated over eons of hard work and dedication. All so I could see HIM! And yet, it was stripped from me and given to these lowly humans!!" She exclaimed once more as she bit her lower lip.

"You don't know what it's like to have everything you worked for taken away from you. To have your goals and dreams squashed and be left with nothing!

So what if I want to take back the power that is rightfully mine!? Wouldn't you?" She finished.

Issei looked down into her eyes with pity." I know. I know very well what it is like to lose something you value with all your heart and soul. But that doesn't justify you trying to kill mý Asia!" He spoke once more. Indifference lacing his eyes.

But Raynare shook her head." I am not like you humans. Unlike your kind I keep my word. I had promised to give her a life away from the supernatural. If I had regained twilight healing, then I would have fully restored her life. The girl was never in any real danger." Raynare revealed.

Issei hummed." So it might seem. Very well then, I will give you one more chance to choose your fate." He spoke once more and retracted his hand from her face. Raynare looked up at him shocked and puzzled.

But Issei's eyes still carried that trace of indifference from before." Humanity, servitude or death? Choose one." He spoke. She almost choked on air at what she heard." W-what...?" She asked somewhat confused.

"It's simple. Either choose humanity, in which case I'll strip you of the little power you have left, and render you mortal. Or, you can choose to be my slave. Or the last option, death. Which will it be?" He spoke. Once again, both his voice and expression was laced with indifference.

She looked horrified as she gazed into his eyes. Her head fell down to her knees in despair as a single thought crossed her mind.' He is nothing like Isaiga.' "Servitude." She spoke a few moments later. Albeit through clenched teeth.

Issei nodded and his magic circle appeared beneath Raynare." Raynare, do you submit yourself to me? Do you devote your life to fight for me? To abide by my will and serve me in whatever way I should wish?" He inquired.

She was still hesitant, but a soft "yes" exited her mouth soon after. The circle beneath her turned into light particles which then flew into her body. The dragon mark appearing on the side of her right thigh.

Issei nodded before turning to attend to the tied up priests." What now?" Raynare asked. Disdain evident in her voice.

"Follow me." He spoke. She thought of resisting, but didn't wish to test what the seal could do. She got up and followed behind him.

"It would appear that you are already finished, Master." Issei saw Kurohime entering the basement and smiled." Any difficulties on your end?" He asked. Kurohime shook her head." The devils showed up, but I made it clear that you didn't require their assistance at the moment." She replied.

He hummed before summoning his {Soul Eater Shield} and started consuming the rogue priests' skill points.

It took him almost half an hour, but he finally completed his goal.

Both Raynare and Kurohime looked on fascinated. Not knowing what their master was up to.

But they could tell, that from the smirk on his face, Issei was ecstatic.

[Notice Alert!]

[Due to the skill {Intermediate Demonic Immunity} reaching an adequate level, it may now evolve!]

[Do you wish to evolve this skill?]

[Y]

Issei couldn't help but smirk as he pressed the Y icon.

[Notice Alert!]

[The skill {Intermediate Demonic Immunity} has evolved into the skill {Advanced Demonic Immunity}!]

[Due to the increase in the skill {Demonic Immunity}, the Cardinal Hero may now access the [Demon Series: Alpha Shield]]

Issei read through the notifications, but couldn't be bothered to check it out now.

It was time for phase two of his plan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 182 10
You were raised by a scientist who was a little paranoid at times. You also meet a boy named Issei Hyoudou during your childhood. You both were invol...
68.4K 1K 14
After being pressurized, cornered and berated by his friends for not confessing to Rias Gremory. Issei Hyoudou has a profound conversation with Ddrai...
64.7K 563 8
Issei finds out the truth about his reincarnation as a devil. See what will issei become and what course of action he takes. This story is similar t...
182K 2.5K 19
By: FunahoMisaki (A/N: I own nothing, all character credits go to respective owners) What if things were different in the DxD universe? Issei had a...