Heartstopper | Sweet

By yeahimgoodthanks

Wc: 77,7k+ Chapters: 20 Milo Anderson is another Truham student with his own life and future ahead of him. He... More

Chapter one ¹ | Back to school
Chapter three ³ | Gut feeling
Chapter four ⁴ | Snow day
Chapter five ⁵ | You're what?
Chapter six ⁶ | Sandwiches
Chapter seven ⁷ | Party
Chapter eight ⁸ | Yes, Please
Chapter nine ⁹ | Milo's house
Chapter ten ¹⁰ | Rugby match
Chapter eleven ¹¹ | Dates
Chapter twelve ¹² | Lane seventeen
Chapter thirteen ¹³ | Tie
Chapter fourteen ¹⁴ | Marshmallow Milkshakes
Chapter fifteen ¹⁵ | Cinema
Chapter sixteen ¹⁶ | Crack!
Chapter seventeen ¹⁷ | Frown
Chapter eighteen ¹⁸ | Breath
Chapter nineteen ¹⁹ | "Milo Anderson!"
Chapter twenty ²⁰ | Boyfriends
Chapter twenty one ²¹ | GCSE's

Chapter two ² | Frail wrists

3.7K 112 85
By yeahimgoodthanks

"Well, be careful." Tao warned the two after they'd recapped one of the times they'd talked with Nick.

"What? Why?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, Why?" Milo asked as well, curious, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"Why? Look at them. Look at us. We are a group. No, a quartet of borderline outcasts. He is the star player on the rugby team, and he's friends with a bunch of loud, gross year elevens who are exactly like the guys who bullied Charlie last year." Tao tried convincing the two, giving them pointed looks.

"But like... Nick... He's different. He's nice." Charlie counter pointed out.

Milo turns to look at Nick again nodding at Charlie's words backing him up by saying "Yeah like a golden retriever."

"I bet he's a whole different person when he's with his bro dude friends." Tao continued his distaste for Nick before looking over at Milo where he still hadn't managed to open his juice.

Grabbing the bottle out of Milo's one hand he wasn't leaning on, opening it easily before handing it over to Milo who gave him a sweet smile before sipping it.

"How can you run like a track runner but have the frailest wrists I've ever seen someone have." Tao scowled out, to others the way Tao talked would seem rude but his friends knew it was just the way he showed he cared.

"You don't need your hands to run Tao, right Charlie?" Milo explained before turning to Charlie to back him up, Charlie also being really good at running was too distracted to answer causing Milo to pout slightly.

Turning to look at Tao though he was also busy now texting someone, Milo then turned to Isaac but he was already reading again. Milo grabbed his wireless headphones putting them on instead looking through his playlists pushing the still full apple juice a bit away not wanting any for the moment.

Swiping away a message that popped up on notification from his dad, he didn't want to see whatever he had to say now.

• • • • • • •

Milo the next morning walked through the front doors frowning as Charlie wasn't there again, shrugging nodding his head to the beat of the music blasting through his wireless headphones giving polite smiles and waves to those who greeted him as he passed by.

• • • • • • •

"Here you can borrow it for lunch, I sent you a new playlist just check your messages, don't know what's up but hope it helps." Milo spoke softly, handing Charlie his wireless headphones knowing when Charlie goes to the art room he needs space for himself so Milo would let him have it.

"Thank Milo, See you later in biology. Here." Charlie thanked him before holding out half his sandwich knowing Milo probably forgot to make lunch for school again.

"All good Charlie, I'll buy something from the canteen today." Milo wanted Charlie to eat his own food and not go hungry, he'd noticed Charlie's lack of appetite as of recent. Giving him a smile and wave before turning to leave looking over at Mr Ajayi.

"Hey Mr Ajayi, have a good one." Milo politely greeted him as he walked past, Mr Ajayi giving Milo a smile in return and a quick hi. Milo left humming a song to himself, Mr Ajayi wondering if Milo was going to join the art club this year.

"It's quite a while since you've hidden in here at lunch." Mr Ajayi stated looking over at where Charlie was when Milo had left.

Causing Charlie to say he wasn't hiding as he fidgeted with the case of Milo's wireless headphones, Milo had let him, Elle, Isaac and Tao draw on the white airpod case last year with permanent markers at lunch, the very next day Milo had walked in with his headphone case glazed over in protective glossy spray so the marker wouldn't wash or wear away with time.

Mr Ajayi asked what Charlie was doing in the art room then. Charlie held up his lunch box explaining the obvious that he was just there to eat lunch. Even so Mr Ajayi just in case asked if everything was really okay and if there was any bully or thing like that happening again. Charlie shot that idea down, not being bullied.

Mr Ajayi pleased to hear that but focused back on what Charlie was saying when he brought up another topic about there being someone, Mr Ajayi at first asking if it was a bully though Charlie shot that idea down again explaining he had a boyfriend now.

Mr Ajayi congratulates Charlie asking if it was Milo causing Charlie to become flustered hearing his friend being mentioned as he denied it being Milo saying it was someone else. Mr Ajayi kept back the comment about how he could have sworn the two would have looked good together instead just happy Charlie had a boyfriend now.

Though that also didn't last long when Charlie explained the situation he was in right now with his new boyfriend, on how he doesn't think Ben thinks they were boyfriends, how he was ignored by him sometimes, and how he didn't like people seeing them interact in public. Making sure not to actually tell Mr Ajayi who he's talking about.

Mr Ajayi asks if Charlie had talked to him about how he's been feeling about it though Charlie shoots that down with a quick no, causing Mr Ajayi to say he should try doing that then. Then Mr Ajayi gave a few more suggestions that only received 'I don't know' replies. Before his last suggestion being, to maybe talk to his friends about it. Charlie shooting it down once again, explaining they wouldn't get it because they weren't gay.

"What about Milo?" Mr Ajayi counters, causing Charlie to sigh glancing down at the headphone case.

"He's... He doesn't like labelling himself or at least he avoids talking about that stuff. How should I know?" Charlie responded, shooting down another one of Mr Ajayi's suggestions.

In the end Mr Ajayi advised Charlie to just talk to him about it, though Charlie didn't like the idea he knew that was the best idea.

• • • • • • •

"Charlie." Milo softly called out to the other teen who was walking ahead but not loud enough apparently for Charlie to hear, Milo needed his headphones back before school ended. Finally making it to where Charlie had stopped walking confused at what he was looking at before spotting where some girl and Ben were kissing.

Glancing at Ben then at Charlie a few times connecting the dots. How Charlie had tried talking to Ben in the halls only to be shot down. There was something between them and now Charlie was watching Ben kiss some girl in front of him.

"Oh Charlie." Milo hesitated as he spoke clearly realising the situation. Charlie looked at him briefly in Milo's knowing eyes. Grabbing Milo's hand not saying anything as he tugged him back towards the school, Milo letting him.

Charlie finally explained what had been happening between him and Ben feeling relieved being able to tell someone. Milo listened properly the whole time, Milo was a good listener. Only speaking when he knew Charlie needed him to during the conversation.

"I know you won't like to hear it, Charles but... He's not good for you. You should stop seeing him." Milo advised before continuing "Again it's your decision to make but you're worth way more than that jerk so just... think about it, yeah?" Charlie silently nodded before Milo pulled him into a hug rubbing soothing circles on Charlie's back with his hand.

• • • • • • •

Milo was in his bedroom in bed, his room a purple hue thanks the led bulb light he had while flinging the cat toy lazily around for Sugar to catch and bite with one hand, the other scratching at Milk's belly as she purred loudly in pure bliss, her cute white mittens kneading the air in comfort.

Ding!

Milo's eyes looking away from his television that was playing some random movie Tao had recommended to watch looking at the notification on his phone next to Milk. Letting go of the toy since Sugar was busy grooming himself now to grab his phone, unlocking it and opening instragram to where Charlie had sent him a screenshot.

Clicking on the photo so it would be full screen Milo raised an eyebrow seeing Ben's name and profile but then smiled relieved when he saw the message Charlie had sent to Ben not wanting to talk with him anymore. Milo was proud of Charlie.

Swiping out of the photo before thinking of what to reply back ignoring the heavy feeling on his chest knowing it was just Sugar laying down on him, feeling Sugar's head rest in the crook of his neck.

Milo:
Proud of you Charlie. x
Sent... Read

Charlie:
Thanks Milo. Seriously thank you for listening to my problems. x
Sent... Read.

Milo:
Always dummy :)
Sent... Read

Charlie:
*Sent a heart*
Sent... Read

*Milo hearted message*

Milo hums glad Charlie had 'dumped' Ben, he was a lousy person to begin with anyway. Dropping his phone onto the blanket again and petting Sugar caused him to hear contrasting types of purring as he focused back on the movie knowing fully well Tao would ask him tomorrow at school all about it.

• • • • • • •

Like usual Charlie along with his older sister took the bus to their school sitting together.

"Hypothetically, what sort of boy do you want to go out with?" Tori asked curious on what Charlie's type was.

"One who doesn't mind people seeing us talk to each other would be nice." Charlie honestly replied but joked at the same time since he'd explained the whole Ben situation to her before they'd left.

"Someone who's also a nerd, or do you want an 'opposites attract' thing?" Tori questioned further.

"I don't think I can afford to be that specific, to be honest." Charlie shoots down Tori's question.

"Hypothetically though. Dream guy." Tori pushed further only for Charlie to retort a quick "I don't know."

"Come on." Tori pushed again for an answer.

"I don't know, just... just someone I can have a laugh with. And... and who's nice. And kind. And likes being with me." Charlie finally gave a brief vague answer before wiping at the window that had fogged up seeing Nick Nelson outside sitting with his friends.

"I'd probably settle for someone tall." Charlie made a joke absentmindedly before finally getting up from his seat along with Tori.

Getting outside the bus only to see Milo for once early to school waiting there, scrolling on his phone, most likely looking for music to listen to or checking out the weather forecast, he was oddly always looking at the weather app at times.

Moving over, Charlie took one of Milo's headphones, putting it in his ear instantly greeted with the song 'Smells like teen spirit' by Nirvana.

• • • • • • •

Milo and Charlie easily kept pace with each other as they ran during sport at the front like usual. Milo had to concentrate on keeping his eyes open as he really wanted to close them and focus on how his hair felt whipping backwards and the feeling of just running but he had to concentrate.

"Come on, year ten!" Their sports teacher and coach of the school Mrs Singh yelled out before continuing on "We've been doing this all term no one's beat Charlie and Milo's time yet! Come on, yes! Keep it moving!" She encouraged the others to fasten their pace which they tried to as every year ten boy was stubborn, though they wouldn't pass Charlie or Milo anytime soon still.

"Charlie and Milo are leaving you all in the dust!" Coach Singh tries riling the boys up further and somehow encouraging them at the same time.

This caught Nick's attention from where he was having rugby practice looking from the fenced off area he was in to where the year tens were running track in PE spotting Charlie and Milo running way ahead of others while Coach Singh yelled out.

• • • • • • •

Milo had his eyes closed, head bobbing to his music hearing it from the left ear since Charlie had his other headphone in, he leaned up against the lockers where Charlie was currently trying to shove books into his way too full locker.

"Hey." Nick's voice suddenly cut Milo's drifting thoughts in half as he opened his eyes in time to see all the books Charlie had been shoving into his locker fall, Nick and Charlie picking them up before Milo took them from Charlie and open his own locker to fit them in there since he had some space left in his.

"You play the drums?" Nick asked interested, seeing the one thing Milo hadn't taken from Charlie yet were drumsticks.

"Yeah." Charlie replied shortly before handing them over to Milo who put them in the empty space in his locker before shutting it, shutting Charlie's while he was at it.

"That's so cool." Nick exclaimed, surprised at the cool hobby Charlie had.

"Thanks." Charlie gave him a big smile in return, not great with receiving compliments.

"Right, Charlie, Milo, um I had something I wanted to ask you both." Nick started speaking hopefulness full in his tone. Milo now paying attention from where he was next to them too.

Charlie zoning out daydreaming up the scenario that he wished could happen that second.

"Charlie... I wanted to tell you I'm gay too. And I'm in love with you. Do you want to go out with me? I want to be with you forever." Nick spoke with love filled eyes, the area around him pink with petals floating around.

"Me too Charlie, ever since we met I liked you, I just didn't realise till now that I didn't just like you as a friend but that I love you. Go out with me Charlie Spring." It shifted over to where Milo was at the lockers looking the exact way at Charlie with a slight blush over his face, Milo blushed easily.

Charlie had always had the tiniest whiniest crush on Milo since he knew the boy, his friend group knowing this already but the always oblivious to those kind of things Milo, didn't.

Though his daydreaming was broken by Nick's actual voice speaking what he'd wanted to actually say to Charlie and Milo.

"Do you guys want to join the rugby team?" Nick asked, hoping for a yes.

"Rugby?" Milo questions from the locker scrunching his nose up cutely at the thought, his fringe hiding his eyes slightly when he did so, Milo's hair grew fast. The two looked at him when he did so before Milo and Nick looked at Charlie who let out a short one word question.

"What?"

"We have enough players for the team but we're not actually allowed to play against other teams without having at least two reserves. And I saw how you both run in PE and you're both, like, really fast. So... I thought you guys might be interested." Nick explained and tried persuading the two into joining the team.

"I don't really know how to play, neither does Milo." Charlie replied back while Milo nodded as he also barely knew one rule in rugby.

"That's fine. I can teach you both." Nick tried again.

"Aren't I a bit small and weak to be a rugby player? Besides Milo is... Frail especially in the wrists." Charlie tried convincing Nick they weren't the right people to be reserves again while Milo tilted his head at Charlie's comment before looking down at his wrists.

"We're just a school rugby team, you know. It's not that serious." Nick reassures after glancing at Charlie and then at Milo who was now rolling his wrists experimentally and then back at Charlie.

"So you're saying I am small and weak?" Charlie secretly teased which caused Milo to look up gesturing with his hands as he added on with a grin "And I'm what was it again Charles? Frail, hm Nicholas?" Milo teasing.

"Wait, no. No." Nick spoke flustered before realising the two were only joking by Charlie's small chuckle and Milo's adorable smile.

"Uh, so, do you guys want to join?" Nick asked, still hopeful they'd agree.

Charlie turns to give Milo a secret pleading look, causing Milo to sigh not knowing how to say no to Charlie spring.

• • • • • • •

"It's literally just another silly crush, and of course Milo is going to agree with anything Charlie wants to do. If Nick Nelson is a golden retriever then Milo is a Samoyed." Tao spoke out agitated as they all walked outside in school.

"What are Samoyed's?" Milo asked beside Tao, looking up at the taller teen.

"They're a type of dog Milo, White and really fluffy, and they are constantly happy and go lucky things who follow their owners and anyone nearby happily." Tao explained leaving out the other things about the adorable breed of Samoyed's, hanging an arm over Milo's shoulders lazily.

"It's not just a crush. I don't just fall for any guy who's nice to me, though I do agree that Milo is like a Samoyed." Charlie defends Nick but agrees with Tao on what type of dog Milo would be if he was one.

"And you're both sure you want to spend an hour with giant, moronic, rugby lads?" Tao asked, staring Charlie down since his answer would end up being Milo's answer too.

"Yes." Charlie finalised while Milo hummed in agreement afterwards. Tao sighs as he shares a knowing glance with Isaac.

"It's your guy's double funeral." Tao commented, causing Isaac to let out a snort of a laugh. Milo humming in agreement to that as well, knowing fully well their first time practising would be a nightmare.

"My frail wrists are already screaming." Milo jokes as he dangled his wrists in front of himself while Isaac cooed, grabbing them as Milo pouted at Isaac's obvious fake concern and teasing.

• • • • • • •

Charlie and Milo made their way towards the locker changing room where all the rugby team was, now hearing the faint conversation coming from the locker room.

"Charlie Spring though?"

"And Milo Anderson right?"

"Aren't they in year eight?"

"No, they are in year ten."

"Charlie, he's, well skinny though."

"Yeah so is Milo I reckon."

"Can they even play?"

"I'm sure Charlie and Milo are nice guys but we actually want to be dece."

"Do they even like sports? Everyone knows Charlie's gay, who knows what Milo could be either."

Milo rolled his eyes as he slid open the locker room door walking in with Charlie following in behind, Nick standing up from where he sat greeting them with a short hi. Milo ignored it after knowing the conversation he had been a part of as he walked in, putting his bag down silently gesturing for Charlie to place his next to him before starting to undo his tie.

• • • • • • •

Charlie and Milo watched from one side of the field how rough they played while tackling each other, Milo wincing as he turned to look as Nick as does Charlie.

"I know I was joking about being weak, but I'm definitely too weak for this." Charlie spoke to Nick as Milo nodded, holding his hands up shaking them slightly as he added on "Frail Nick, I'm frail." The two still smiled at Nick as they spoke, showing they were half joking, half serious.

"Uh, where are both of your 'can do' attitudes?" Nick retorted and asked back.

"Well she left. Long ago." Charlie replied while Milo leaned against him.

"Never had one." Was Milo's response giving a cheeky grin as Charlie leaned on him as well.

"Just try. One of you tackle me, I won't budge." Nick asks while gesturing for one of them to tackle him.

Milo glanced at Charlie before stepping back slightly and putting his hand on Charlie's back pushing him a step forward. Charlie gave him a betrayed look while Milo just gave him a cheeky shrug in return saying "You wanted us to join."

"Come on, I bet you can do it. Milo will do it right after you do." Nick encouraged Charlie who gave Milo one more glance, if he had to do it after him then he'd give it a try.

Nick held out his arms slightly to show he was ready and Charlie stalled for one second before running at Nick tackling him to the ground. Nick letting out a grunt as they fell on the grass field while Milo let out an amused noise and a cheer, it was entertaining seeing Charlie tackling someone he decided.

"That was... Perfect." Nick says from where he laid on the grass moving his head up to look at Charlie who was next to him on the grass too.

"Was it?" Charlie asked genuinely curious. Nick got up as he spoke, turning to give Charlie a hand to help him up.

"Yeah." Nick doubled down on what he'd said before turning around to look at where Milo was now looking upwards at the random clouds thinking up random shapes in his head of them, he'd just seen one in the shape of a leaf.

"Milo, now it's your turn." Nick spoke, catching Milo's attention smiling at how Milo looked away from the sky at Nick and Charlie scratching at his jaw obviously not wanting to.

"Come on Milo, I did it." Charlie encouraged Milo, who let out a groan but nodded.

Charlie moved further away and Nick opened his arms wide again getting into the same stance as beforehand. Milo rolled his shoulders back and took a deep breath in and out before running at Nick.

Milo surprisingly tackles Nick very well but as they fall to the ground Milo moves one of his hands away from Nick's waist that he'd used to tackle, to the back of Nick's head so he wouldn't hurt his head when hitting the ground.

"Good?" Milo asked casually while sitting up slightly as he looked down at Nick expectantly. Nick blinking up at him surprised at the decent tackle but also Milo's hand underneath his head. Milo noticed as he moved his hand away before standing up.

"You're not wearing a helmet." Was Milo's response to the unsaid question before holding his hand out to help, grunting as Nick took it pulling him up adding on "I really do have bad wrists." With the click of his tongue.

"Charlie I did it!" Milo yelled triumphantly while turning towards where Charlie was with a proud smile as Charlie grinned back walking over.

"Alright, now you guys can try it while I'm moving." Nick suggested causing both teens to look over at him.

"Charlie I'm kinda thinking this was a-" Milo was about to share his thoughts but Charlie just gives him a look causing him to stop and just go with it.

• • • • • • •

Question of the day = What hairstyle do you have? The length? Colour? Is it straight, curly, wavy, fuzzy etc.? Do you like your hairstyle?

Hey guys hope you enjoyed chapter two! What did you think of it? Milo has ffffrail wrists. Again I don't really have much to say right now haha. Have a great day and don't forget to drink something.

If you find any grammar or spelling mistakes that I missed please tell me so I can fix them up! Thank you :)

Votes and comments are always appreciated and help continue motivating me to write and post. Thank you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 136 17
I'll be the most brilliant darkness in your eyes . . . In which Ateez debuts with 9 instead of 8
36.7K 1.1K 14
Description ~ "it was a unforetold love." Plot~ Hector heart was the evil queen of hearts son,not likening people. The only person he ever liked? Car...
4.8K 467 10
"Why would you punch the Handler?" "Cause she's a bitch" "Took you long enough to realize that" Alex had been a perfect soldier, a perfect weapon for...
92.2K 2.8K 45
𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⎢ ❝ And at last I see the light. ❞ ❝ I just... I just want to be happy. ❞ ❝ Maybe, I can teach you how it feels to be happy. ❞ ⸻ �...