A case full of love// Newt Sc...

By XX-squirt27-XX

Hogwarts was tough to get through, but it was made easier from having a best friend by your side through ever... More

Welcome!
Chapter one.
Chapter two.
Chapter three.
Chapter four.
Chapter five.
Chapter six.
Chapter seven.
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter ten.
Chapter eleven.
Chapter thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen.
Chapter sixteen.
Chapter seventeen.
Chapter eighteen.
Chapter nineteen.
Chapter twenty.
Chapter twenty-one.
Chapter twenty-two.
Chapter twenty-three.
Chapter twenty-four.
Chapter twenty-five.
Chapter twenty-six.
Chapter twenty-seven.
Chapter twenty-eight.
Chapter twenty-nine.
Chapter thirty.
Author's note.

Chapter twelve.

193 5 2
By XX-squirt27-XX

I grabbed a large bloody carcass from the floor and threw it on to the bench, Newt smiled at me and started to chop the meat into chunks with a large cleaver. He pushed the chunks into a bucket on the floor and handed it to me, I handed it to Jacob with an apologetic look, over the bloody mess in the bucket. I walked over to the work bench where Newt was standing, a familiar spikey cocoon in his hand as he gently squeezed it, a luminous venom coming out into a vial in his other hand.

Intrigued by the situation, Jacob was watching intently as he squeezed the cocoon and as I scribbled down notes into my notebook, "What you got there?"

"Well, this—the locals call 'Swooping Evil'—not the friendliest of names. It's quite an agile fellow." Newt replied.

To demonstrate this point, Newt allowed him to unravel and swing off the end of his finger, still in cocoon shape, I smiled at how cute he looked and chuckled, knowing what Newt was probably going to do.

"We've been studying him. We are quite sure, if used correctly, his venom could be used to erase bad memories, to obliviate people." I stated, reading back through some of my notes.

Newt threw the Swooping Evil under his arm, making Jacob squeal in surprise and jump back. I looked over at the majestic spikey, colourful creature, he howls in Jacob's face before Newt pulled him back into his cocoon shape. I chuckled at the cheeky grin on Newt's face, his idea of joke having just been played on Jacob. Newt opened the door on the shed and walked out, calling behind him, "Come on."

Jacob followed him closely out and I leant against the doorframe of the shed, watching as Newt made a beeline for Frank, a Thunderbird, who we had rescued a few months ago from traffickers in Egypt, he was Newt's secret favourite, and he held a special place in my heart as well. A breeze hit me from one of the enclosures, making me shiver, I turned and grabbed Newt's jacket and pulled it on, I then made my way out of the shed, dodging the Fwooper, a bright purple bird, as it flew over head to its perch beside the shed door. I saw Newt explaining the situation to Jacob about Frank, smiling over at me when he saw me watching them, I smiled back at him and grabbed the food for the Demiguise and heading over to his hide, finding him gone, I started to look around a little, seeing him gone, I went to find Newt. He was with the Graphorns, a large creature with tentacles ok on their faces and the body likened to a tiger, I watched as Jacob screamed and tried to run away, Newt grabbed him and spoke to him in a low voice, calming him down.

"They're the last breeding pair in existence, if Newt hadn't have rescued them, it would have been the end of Graphorns forever." I stated, letting them know I was there.

They both whipped around to look at me, Newt blushed a faint red when he saw me in his jacket, "I had some help from Rosaline getting them to trust me."

I smiled as the smallest baby trotted over to me and rubbed its tentacles across my hand, making me chuckle and stroked his head, but his attention was taken away from me when he smelt the food that Newt had thrown down for them.

"So, that's what you guys do?" Jacob asked, placing the bucket down.

"Yes, we rescue, nurture, and protect them." Newt stated.

"We are also trying to gently educate our fellow wizards on them as well." I added.

We followed Newt up a small ramp of stairs, we ducked through the magically changing trees, Newt started to call out, "Titus? Finn? Poppy, Marlow, Tom?"

"They probably won't answer you, Newt, they are angry at you." I chuckled, watching him send me an unamused look.

We emerged into the sunlit glade where the Bowtruckle's lived, Newt pulled Pickett from his pocket and allowed him to perch on his hand, I smiled at Pickett, receiving a small smile back from him, Newt turned to Jacob, "He had a cold. He needed some body warmth."

Jacob made a small noise of cuteness, we moved closer to the tree which housed the Bowtruckle's, they rushed out the leaves at the sound of Newt's voice and started to click excitedly at us when they saw Pickett was coming home. Newt extended his hand towards the tree, trying to get Pickett to jump on to the tree, "Right, on you hop."

I watched as Pickett clung to Newt"s arm, I stepped forward and rested my head against Newt's shoulder, talking directly to him, "Come on, Pick, time to go home to your family."

Newt looked over at Jacob, "He has some attachment issues—"

"Sure, its only him." I mumbled.

"Now, come on, Pickett. Pickett. No, they're not going to bully you.. Now, come on. Pickett!"

Pickett clung to Newts hand, slipping off and clinging to Newts finger with his little hands, Newt sighed heavily and looked down at me, I rolled my eyes with a fond smile on my face, Newt looked back at Pickett, "All right. But this exactly why everyone accuses me of favouritism"

I chuckled at the small triumphant noise Pickett let out as Newt placed him on his shoulder and turned around and began to walk away, we came out beside Dougal's next, a large round empty nest, usually housed by our Demiguise, I looked over at Newt, "That's why I came to find you, Dougal isn't anywhere I can find. I believe he is one of the ones that got out when the case was open."

"Okay, thank you for that."- a low chirping noise came from the nearby nest-All right, I'm coming I'm coming. Mum's here—mum's here." Newt chuckled, crouching down the nest and scooping up a baby Occamy.

I watched as Newt cradled the baby, before handing it over to Jacob, I was standing too far back to hear what they were saying to each other, so I moved closer to them as Newt placed the baby back inside the nest, Jacob looked down at Newt with wide eyes, "Thank you,-- Mr. Scamander? Miss. Johnson?"

Newt looked back at him with a fond smile, "Call me Newt."

"Please call me Rosaline, Jacob." I smiled, leaning against the tree nearby.

"Newt.. Rosaline I don't think Im dreaming." He stated, looking around in wonder.

Newt sent me an amused look, "What gave it away?"

"I ain't got the brains to make this up." He replied.

Newt looks over at me with a flattered and intrigued look, I looked over at Jacob, "Thank you, Jacob. We take a lot of pride in our work."

Newt smiled and blushed slightly at the praise, "Would you mind throwing some of those pellets in with the Mooncalves over there?"

I handed him the bucket of pellets and pointed to the large enclosure to our right, I started to head back up towards the shed, following after Newt, who was pushing a wheelbarrow, with his wand in his mouth again, "Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, stop right there!"

He stopped in his place and turned around, stunned at my tone of voice, I reached up and took the wand from his mouth, giving him a look, "Sorry, love, I forgot you were watching again."

"Just don't do it again, I worry you will blow your face off at this point." I mumbled, sliding it up my sleeve.

Newt started to walk away again, stopping for a second looking at the enclosure where the Niffler should be, "Bugger—Niffler's gone. Of course he has, little bugger. Any chance to get his hands on something shiny."

"We should have guessed he would have been gone. I'm going to do a quick whip round and see who else is missing." I stated, leaving him at an enclosure.

"Okay, shout if anyone gets out of hand." He commented, looking through the wheelbarrow for something.

I nodded and turned around to walk away, before remembering I still had his wand, I turned back to him and brandished it at him, "Keep it out of your mouth!"

"Yes, ma'am." He chuckled, taking his wand, and placing it in the holder on his trousers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 1K 38
So, this is my FIRST EVER Fanfic. Forgive me for my mistakes. Plot - (after) Fantastic Beasts : Crims of Grindelwald Summary - Rescuing Queenie from...
5.6K 130 11
Y/N L/N and Newt Scamander were close friends during their years of Hogwarts, but then they lost contact with each other after Newt was expelled. The...
2.8K 97 13
Book I After living with Newt Scamander for two years, Drew travels to New York to help Madam Picquery investigate her brother, the notorious Geller...
3K 201 45
The tale unfolds when a gentle Hufflepuff lad, fond of magical creatures, encounters the vivacious and chaotic Slytherin girl. The twists and turns o...