Bound to Desire | Darkest Lov...

By Littlebirdie51914

*Book 2*~ (Must read Book 1, to read this) Cassian Herrera has always been reserved, never interested in anyo... More

~Bound to Desire~
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
Book 3

XIX

20 4 1
By Littlebirdie51914

It's been two days of being home, starting to get back into the groove of things. Still training myself from all the tactics Mikhail taught me. Preparing myself for the time that I can be ready.

I go down the stairs as I hear a knock on my door. I go to it and I check the peephole with a knife on the side of my right leg, under my pants.

I see Cassian. What the fuck is he doing here?

I open the door and he just stares at me.
"What do you want?" I ask.

He walk in all suddenly without asking.
"I need a favor since I am keeping your little secret after all".

I roll my eyes as I say sarcastically.
"Of course you do. Didn't think blackmail was your finest trait? Good to know".

He chuckles.
"As I was saying, my favor. I need you to come with me to Barcelona".

I look at him confused.
"Why?".

"Because an ally of mine by the name of Alexis is having a party, which I need to attend. Need to see how things are going on over there".

I roll my eyes.
"So get a whore or an escort then. You don't need me" I say as I walk to the kitchen.

"I do need you actually, out of all the women that throws themselves at me, you are the only one I actually tolerate" he says.

"Lucky me" I say sarcastically.

He comes closer to me.
"You were never this sassy with me before, why now?".

I get closer in his face more, I say with a blank expression.
"Because I changed and realized you are an asshole. You don't care about others and honestly maybe you only care about yourself."

His smirk drops and his jaw clenched at my comment.

"You never once cared about how your so called leader treated me and my mother so why the fuck should I care about your trip?".

He walks away from me and stops as he gets by the front door. His head turns to me and his eyes seem disappointed.

"I did fucking care, I searched all of fucking Europe for you, without Giovanni knowing. I made up lies to get him off my trail, so he wouldn't suspect anything. But as I said you are the only woman I tolerate and see strength in. Just...forget the favor".

He storms out and shuts the door behind him. I thought Giovanni ordered him to search for me. I guess they heard wrong. He actually cared...

I feel stupid now for being a bitch but then again I never knew what he was doing for me. How was I supposed to know he fucking cared?

I quickly run out of the house and I see his car about to drive off. I run to it and bang on his window to stop him.

"Wait! Wait!" I yell.

He stops the car at a halt and looks at me as he rolls down the window.

"I'll go.. but wouldn't Giovanni find out?" I question.

"Not unless you have a disguise, it will work".

I sigh.
"Fine whatever. When do we leave?" I ask.

He turns the car off and gets out.
"Tomorrow night. Giovanni has some business in Russia so he will be gone tonight until next week".

Russia... interesting.

"Ok fine, what about the disguise and all? Passport?" I ask.

"A guy of mine will make it quick for you. No issue, just need your photo and he can start. The disguise part will be handled tomorrow. Just start packing".

I nod as he goes inside. I follow behind him and close the door after us.

"Do you have a camera?" He ask.

I start to think and I remember that I took photography in high school.

"Yes, I'll go get it".
I head upstairs to get my camera. I search in my closet as I pull it off a high shelf that I kept in a small box.

I take it and head back downstairs. I hand it to him and he looks at me.

"Now go against the wall and I will take your photo. It's a quick process".

"Wait but if I have the disguise wouldn't they know?" I ask.

He shakes his head.
"The passport will have another name but it will have your face. Giovanni may be powerful but not that powerful. Not many know of you so you will be fine".

"But he will know if I came by ship?" I ask.

"Because a man named Mr. Rizzo owns the ship you came on. He's close with Giovanni, well sort of".

Ok I'm in the clear. My uncle will not rat me out... I would hope not.

"I guess I will just hope he doesn't say a word".

Even though Cassian said he cared, I can't risk him knowing that Mr. Rizzo is my uncle. It puts me and everyone he knows at risk with Giovanni.

He begins to take the picture and we finish. I sit down and I look at him.

"Why did you care?" I ask.

"Because even though I may seem fucking heartless at times, I do have a heart. I see a woman who lost her mother and father then forced into a marriage she doesn't want. I am risking my loyalty to Giovanni for you, a woman I hardly know but I do disagree with what he is doing. I may be by his side but I don't agree on every thing he does".

I nod.
Makes sense.

"Why risk it for me then?".

He chuckles.
"Because for some reason, Vivian I find you to be... different and it intrigues me. For many years I have ignored women, not because I found them unattractive but because I devoted my life to my work. Finding love is a distraction, one that I don't need right now. But you change that perspective. I—- want to protect you in any way that I can try. If you will allow me to?" He asks.

Never knew he felt that way. I did once find him intriguing and handsome. But Mikhail took my mind off him, maybe a bit.

Cassian and I never really talked as much but seeing him and his actions made me grow to want to understand him. Why he is the way he is?

Knowing that he found love as a distraction hurt me a bit. I, as a woman, always dreamt of finding true love but I was scared of leaving my mamma alone.

I wasn't ready to marry off and leave her at home but now... that isn't a problem anymore.

Mikhail was going to be future but my revenge is far too greater. I had to leave him behind as I act on the justice for my mamma.

"So why come back to Italy after 2 years?" He interrupts my thoughts.

I look at him and I think of a lie.
"Well I missed Italy, I rushed out of here before I could even bury my mother. Sierra did handle the burial for me. I missed that and I regret it".

He buys the lie.
"You were furious and your emotions got the best of you. All that matters is what you do now to fix it. Visit her".

I nod.
"I will, but I am also not ready. I have accepted her death but seeing her grave... is another story".

He gives me a phone.
"Give me your number, he won't suspect me as much as Sierra."

I nod and I put my number in.
"Now, I should start packing. See you tomorrow".

He takes his phone back.
"Tomorrow".

He leaves right after and I think. Spain.. I know nothing of Spaniards.

This surely will be interesting.

I head to my room to start packing. I see my old clothes and I remember that I dressed better as a teenager. Once I turned 20, I started dressing more mature so I would have a less chance of attracting men. It worked for a bit I must say.

Which the teen part of me was way more provocative.

I go to the deep part of my closet as I pull out my clothes. I hope it still fits my body now.

I really didn't change in size except that I am a bit taller now. But I can't really go out shopping as I want to so they have to do for now.

I pull out all my clothes and try them on. Shorts that were long on me before were now barely able to cover both ass cheeks. This is just great, he may get the wrong idea that I am trying to seduce him.

I could just take whatever is suitable and buy clothes in Spain. Sounds like the better option.

I pack some clothes but not much. After I finish I find my laptop that I kept. I search up some Spanish words just in case.

I need to play the part just like I did in Russia. Not like if I know this Alexis person. So I spent my whole night reading up on it.

———————
I hear the knock on the door and I answer it. I see Cassian and he walks in. I quickly close the door.

"The plan is we get your disguise now. Then in a few hours we leave. Go to the airport, get on the flight. Head there, go to the hotel. Don't worry we have separate rooms. Then the next day is the ball. Don't worry about dresses and what not, Alexis is pretty rich. He is willing to help me which is helping you out. We are only staying for 3 days. Then we come back and I won't bother you".

I like that he's respectful. Ever since the night in the club where I almost got assaulted, he has always been respectful. How could he be friends with Giovanni? They are so different.

"Sounds like a good plan, let's start" I smirk.

"So disguise.. we may have to change your face a bit, maybe your hair" he advises.

"Please not a wig.." I beg.

He chuckles.
"How do you feel about dark hair?".

I have always had reddish brown hair. It's never been dark but I know it will definitely change my look a lot.

"I think I have black hair dye. I'll do that, but my face... how?".

I must say I will miss my hair color but I always did want a change. Maybe that change is what I need now.

Change me for the better.

"We will have to figure that out when we get there but that change could help".

I nod as I go to dye my hair. This will be a very long afternoon.

I spend the whole afternoon dying my hair. As I finally blow dry it, I look in the mirror. My hair was completely raven black. I almost didn't recognize myself. I looked a bit older but also reminded myself of my mamma.

My mamma had black hair so she would dye it occasionally, hence is why I got the dye. But I was like my papa especially since he had the reddish brown hair. I looked more like him.

Just seeing my hair be different made me realize I was changing myself and everything as well. This is my life now.

I go downstairs and Cassian's head turns to me. His eyes goes a bit wide and it's silent.

"So... do I look different?" I ask.

He just stared at me before he finally spoke up.
"Uh.. a bit yes. Uh we should start getting ready, it is getting late".

I check my phone.

8pm

Great. Time really does fly by. I head back upstairs to my room as I get dressed in a shirt with jeans. I curled my hair in waves a bit and did my makeup. I made my makeup more bold and my cheeks more defined, makeup really does wonders to your face must I say.

I literally looked more like my mamma's younger self.

I was in shock. I saw her photo on the mirror and I looked at it.

"mi manchi" I whisper.
(I miss you)

I take the photo and carry it with me. I grab my suitcase as I head downstairs. I see Cassian waiting by the door.

He looks at me and helps me with the luggage.

"Spain here we come" I smile.

Long chapter for you guys! Hope you are all well and enjoying your summer. How do we feel about Vivian and Cassian going to Spain? Who will they meet? If you read Roses and Lies already , you must already know what scene this will be!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.2K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
4.7M 85.5K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...
164K 2.7K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
96.1K 2.4K 42
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 3 of 3! **Read Book 1 (Made FTM) and 2 (Betrayed FTM) first!! Spoilers below!** It's three years later. Caterina and En...