Fate: Unrecognized Hero

By Myherofann

This is a fan story based on the Fate anime/manga/whatever there is of it. I do not own any of the images see... More

A bloody past
The crew
The Meeting and Planning
Travels
Halfway There
Game Stats
2K Reads Thanks (Not chapter)
Made It
New discoveries
Yeah.... Disappointing I know(Not Chapter)
Out of the Woods
Battle with a legend (Part 1)

Arrival

3.3K 46 16
By Myherofann

(A/N: Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at a Fate style story so I might not be good at it. I also will restate that I own none of the images seen or characters except my own, as well as the fact that I don't own anything Fate related so all rights go to each things respective owner. With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy.)
___________________________________
(Ritsuka POV)
Ritsuka: 'I am being pulled down the hallway by the collar of my shirt by none other than my friend Gudaku. It is really annoying but at this point I know I won't be let go.'

Gudaku: "Gacha, Gacha, Gacha!"

Ritsuka: 'I would prefer to be resting right now after finishing that singularity but I know she won't let me go until she had gambled away her summoning materials. It's saddening really.'

As we walked into the summoning I was promptly let go and dropped onto my back. This was normal and as such I had prepared by stuffing the back of my shirt with a pillow to cushion the fall.

Gudaku: "It's gonna be something good this time. I just know it is."

Ritsuka: "Just like the last thirteen times?"

Gudaku: "Here we go!" She said completely ignoring the passing remark.

Gudaku proceeded to use all of the quartz she had to tempt fate a total of thirty times.

Gudaku: She was punching the ground while crying. "I didn't get anything good even with three ten spins! It just isn't fair!"

Ritsuka: I awkwardly chuckled. "Better luck next time?"

Gudaku: "Aren't you going to try to summon someone?"

Ritsuka: "You see I was wanting to rest and-" I was cut off as I saw that Gudaku's eyes went dead like a fishes as she stared at me unblinking seemingly staring straight into my soul. 'She won't let you leave without an excuse! Quick think of something!'

That was when a staticky sound happened over head before it cleared up and it was someone speaking through a PA system.

PA: "Ritsuka and Gudaku please report to the control room. I repeat-"

Ritsuka: 'Thank you whatever god was responsible for this!' I thought. "Sorry Gudaku, looks like we are needed." I said before I ran out of the room leaving her no time to respond.

——————————(Time Skip)————————
Da Vinci: "Thank you both for coming on such short notice."

Ritsuka: "It was no trouble."

Gudaku: "Yeah....... No trouble at all...." She said while staring at me seemingly annoyed.

Da Vinci: "Well lets not waste any time then. We have discovered a new singularity."

Ritsuka: "Already?"

Da Vinci: "Yes, it was discovered just a few minutes ago. We have been able to discern that it takes place in the kingdom of Camelot somewhere in the middle of King Arthur's or better yet Artoria Pendragon's, rule."

Gudaku: "Seriously?!"

Ritsuka: "No need to yell."

Da Vinci: "I am serious. As not much is known about the happenings of that time I have decided that you will be accompanied by someone that know that time better than most."

Then as if on cue the door behind us opened to reveal Mash standing beside Artoria, behind her was Mordred.

Gudaku: "Oh Mash, there you are."

Da Vinci: "Artoria agreed to be your guide, Mordred just refused to not join. You'll be heading out as soon as possible so make sure you and whoever your taking with you is prepared."

Gudaku and Ritsuka: "Right!"
——————————(Time Skip)—————————
We had just landed in an open field after the transport happened and now we look at the carnage that had happened before we showed up. There were craters in the ground, trees completely knocked over, and even some blood splattered everywhere.

Mash: "Dr. Romani, are you seeing this?"

Romani: "I am... I can't believe that Magi Mari uploaded a second time this week! I must be the luckiest man alive!"

Mash: "Dr! Please focus!"

Romani: "R-right." He coughed to clear his throat. "Yeah, I am seeing that chaos, if it wasn't for the fact that you just got there I would have assumed Mordred threw a fit."

Mordred: "Want to repeat that!?"

Romani: "No!" He went silent for a few minutes. "W-well, I am picking up some traces of magic residue. Whatever happened here must have been very angry. However, that blood..." He suddenly went quiet.

Ritsuka: "Romani? Are your still there?"

Romani: "Huh?! Oh, yeah. I was trying to run some analysis on the blood but I got nothing besides the type. It's strange." He then yelped. "Don't be mad, but I think there are enemies heading your way."

Gudaku: "Already?! We just got here!"

Artoria: "Calm down master. We will deal with this quickly."

Mordred: "Alright! I was getting bored of just standing around."

With that said they stood ready to fight as the other four servants we brought with us took on physical form.

Jack: "Yay, Jack gets to play now!"

Nursery: "Be carful Jack, I don't want to see you hurt."

Hasan: "Your enemies will not stand before us for long."

Gilgamesh: "I can't believe that I was called upon just to deal with some measly mongrels."

Then we all waited, but it didn't take long as skeleton warriors filed out of the forest. They were swiftly dealt with by the servants but despite the lack of challenge the numbers only seemed to grow.

Ritsuka: "How many of these things are there?" I asked as I had lost count of how many were killed when I reached the upper hundreds.

Romani: "Do you actually want to know or was that rhetorical?" He chimes in not helpfully. "Doesn't matter. As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news something else is heading your way."

Gudaku: "Something else? Is it a servant?"

Romani: "No, it doesn't have the readings of a servant. I am picking up a high level of focused magic but it's different from the things your fighting now. I'd keep an eye out."

The fighting only got harder as the hoard of skeletons only grew larger, it had felt like hours but in reality it was just a few minutes.

Artoria: "Master I suggest we retreat, we won't last much longer."

I was about to agree before I was cut of by a sound that echoed through the air.

???: "Hahahahahaha!!!"

It was someone laughing? I didn't know what to think before the figure came running into view at an incredibly high speed.

???: "You are the fools that chose to stand in my way..."

He was shouting something but I didn't quiet know what.

???: "I won't feel guilt over what you brought upon yourself. Plenty of armies have fallen before me and my mighty axe. Now meet your end! Battlefield Guillotine!"

As he called that out all the skeletons that were rushing out of the woods started stumbling, looking at them they all head their heads or what remained of them completely cut off. While that seemed unlikely to stop them they started disappearing into thin air as if they never existed.

As the skeletons disappeared everyone seemed to relax, we all looked to the direction of our would be savior only to realize they were still running this way at breakneck speeds with an axe in hand.

???: "Hahaha! You're next you imposter!" He shouted.

I didn't know what he was talking about be he seemed to only speed up. He was only a few feet away now but I still couldn't make anything out as all I could see was a blur. I was about to warn everyone to get ready to fight but the person had already attack Artoria with their massive axe, I assumed she would stand her ground just fine but she was actually sent flying as if finally caught a glimpse of the attacker.

I was at a loss for words. He had sent Artoria soaring with just a swing of that axe, a giant axe he was wielding with one hand.

???: "That'll teach you wannabe!"

As he called this out everyone else seemed to be as confused and stunned as I was, except for Gilgamesh, he didn't care.

Artoria: "Ugh..." She grunted as she stood up from the freshly made crater. She looked ready to launch an attack of her own before her eyes went wide in shock as she looked at her attacker. "No... is it really you?"

Mordred: "I don't know who you are but you're going to pay!" She yelled as she charged the new person.

Artoria: "No! Don't do it!" She tried call to Mordred but it fell on deaf ears.

???: "If you wish to get in my way also I will have no qualms about cutting you down also!" He called as he also charged.

Mordred's sword met the persons axe half way as they both were forced to a stop as sparks flew from their weapons clashing. It looked like it was a standstill until Mordred started getting pushed back.

Mordred: "What?!"

???: "You're decently strong I will say. However you have quite a long way to go before you reach close to my strength." He said as he knocked Mordred's sword out of the way and quickly slashed with his axe again.

Mordred had jumped back just in time to not be chopped in half but she had a gapping wound on her chest.

As the attacker looked at Mordred now bleeding Hasan and Jack snuck up behind him and went for the kill. I believed they had him dead to rights but he quickly spun around with his axe facing them as he swung. They managed to dodge the attack completely but they had lost the opportunity.

???: "Come on then. All of you attack if you wish." He taunted.

Nursery Rhyme started casting fire at him but he cut the attack in half with his axe and then blocked an attack from Mordred.

???: "Back already. I love the spirit but you should have just ran away." He said with a grin.

Mordred: "Shut up! You're really annoying!"

???: "I have been tol-" He was cut off as he got hit in the side with an ice spell cast my Nursery. "That wasn't pleasant. Excuse me while I take care of the child."

Mordred: "What?! As if I would-" She was cut of by him breaking into an all out sprint towards Nursery.

As he rushed toward Nursery she panicked and assaulted him with wind, but to everyone's surprise it did nothing.

???: "Nice try tiny mage, unfortunately those tiny gusts are only as strong as the ones that come from that let down of a wizard Merlin's backside."

I had only been watching in both amazement and horror as I saw this unknown man single handed lay fight against so many servants by himself until I noticed Artoria still standing in the crater she made with a distant gaze.

Ritsuka: "Saber! Get your head in the game!"

Artoria: She shock her head almost as if she had just woken up from a dream. "R-right!"

Gudaku was over to the side pleading with Gilgamesh but...

Gudaku: "Please, please, please!"

Gilgamesh: "No. This mongrel is not worth my time or laying his eyes on my treasures. Let the others deal with him."

Gilgamesh was still as impossible as always. I turned my attention back to the fight hoping to see that the others would have been able to turn the tables but those hopes were quickly shattered as I notice that Mash had joined the fight but was already knocked down. The others weren't doing much better as Nursery was also down and the other three looking about ready to faint but the guy attacking us looked like he could go for another three days.

???: "I will commend you all for your persistence but none of you hold a candle to my strength or his."

He was monologuing until he swiftly turned around and deflected an attack from Artoria as he then unleashed his own attack but Artoria dodged it by ducking and was about to attack again before the man quickly stopped his axes momentum and then unrealistically attack again. Artoria was forced to back up this time.

???: "Ah, I see that you are very skilled for a fake. However, your skills will get you no pity from me because you impersonate my king!"

Artoria: 'I wish you would stop to listen but I know that you will not stop attacking for anything. It pains me to have to do this but I must end this here.'

???: "Time to meet your demise!" He called out as he was about to charge but was stopped as golden chains wrapped around him.

Gilgamesh: "I might not want to do this but because this insulant mongrel master of mine won't stop pestering me, I will."

Gudaku flashed me a thumbs up.

Artoria: "Sheathed in the breath of the planet, a torrent of shining life. Feel it's wrath-- Excaliber!"

As she chanted this her sword began to glow. As it's light grew the sword seemed to extend into the sky as it towered over all of us before it was brought down onto the attacker leaving a crater running along the ground.

???: "AHHHHHHHH!!!" He screamed out in pain before complet silence took over.

Artoria: "I am sorry, but I had to do this."

Everyone started to celebrate and relax before we all were caught off guard as we witnessed the man stand up from the end of the crater covered in blood but alive as he held the shaft of his axe for support.

???: "So..." He said out of breath.

Before anyone else could react Artoria was already at him with her sword pointed at his throat.

Artoria: "Don't try anything." She stated with a hint of sadness in her voice.

???: "...... Ha.... Haha.... Hahahahahahaha...." He burst out laughing like a mad man.

Gudaku: "What is he, a monster?! Not only did he survive that but he's laughing?!"

The next thing he did caught everyone off guard, including Artoria.

???: He fell onto one knee still gripping his axe as he lowered his head into a bow. "My king, I am glad to see you have finally made your return."

Artoria: "Is it truly you, Grimm?"
___________________________________
(A/N: Well that's it for the first chapter of this, let me know if you think I should do more. Either way I thank you for reading and hope that you enjoyed it.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 57 4
FGO x MALE READER so I don't own any of the pictures or works, just the story ( I said that I was going to do this, so I did. I promise that I would...
384K 12.1K 45
[This story slowly descends into a crack fic, you've been warned.] As a Guardian, it's his duty to follow orders. Especially protecting mankind's ext...
246K 3.3K 96
(this is a fate fan fic) Shirou emiya the master of the Saber class servant from the fifth holy grail war and the winner of the holy grail usually th...
3.8K 119 10
This is a combined story of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night put together into one. Y/n L/n is an average kid who is new to the Mage's Association with...