The Legendary Forest

By legendaryfever

How far will you go to bring peace to your kingdom? How far will you go to protect your newly beloved? ~~ Whe... More

Main Characters and Other Info
Rewrite Chapter 1
Rewrite Chapter 2
Rewrite Chapter 3
Rewrite Chapter 4
Rewrite Chapter 5:
Rewrite Chapter 6
Rewrite Chapter 7
Rewrite Chapter 8
Rewrite Chapter 9
Rewrite Chapter 10
Rewrite 11
Rewrite Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Rewrite
Chapter 14 Rewrite
Chapter 15 Rewrite
Chapter 16 Rewrite
Chapter 17 Rewrite
Rewrite Chapter 18
19 rewrite
A Flash to the Past
Rewrite Chapter 20
Rewrite chapter 21
Rewrite Chapter 22
Rewrite Chapter 23
~Part 2~
NL: Chapter 1
NL: Chapter 2
NL: Chapter 3
NL: Chapter 4
NL: Chapter 6
NL: Chapter 7
NL: Chapter 8
NL: Chapter 9
NL: Chapter 10
NL: 11
NL 12
NL 13
NL: 14
NL: 15
NL: 16
NL: 17
NL: 18
NL 19
NL 20
Legendary Forest Chronicles PART 3

NL: Chapter 5

1 0 0
By legendaryfever

Chaos within the Frontier

             Niderudion, Cestía, and Kyriadelia sneaked in the kingdom, however, Narissa followed carefully.

It wasn't that bright, she thought.

Niderudion touched a few stones by the palace and at once a passage led through the castle.  "Come on," He whispered.

"Mama is going to kill me." Kyriadelia lamented, lowering her head.  "I can just feel it."

"Just don't mention anything about me." The prince said quietly.

"We're all going to die." Cestia murmured drastically.  She was quite the pessimist, always seeing the worst in things.

"Trying to get out of everything as usual, Nideru!" Naricelissa grinned, announcing she was still there.

"Y-you're still here?!" He widen his eyes, "I thought you agreed to go back after you showed us the way?"

"Well... I lied." She shrugged, "I wanted to come with you here and see you more." Naricelissa leaned against him.

Niderudion frowned, but he wasn't in the mood to argue, "Fine, but you cannot let anyone see you!"

"Yay!" She grinned, practically hugging him.

"I hope I am not going to regret this..." He muttered as they went out of the secret passage and into the castle halls.

The prince led them to his room as they all sighed in relief.

"Wow, this place looks nice." The vision wielder was amazed with everything.  It was all so much more than she had.  She liked that, but she would never allow herself to be in that life if she knew other people had less than her.

The prince sighed and turned to her, "Alright, Narissa you stay here." He then looked at the others, "The rest of you go and make sure none of you look injured."

Cestia and Kyriadelia nodded their heads as they went to head out.

"It's just us again.  Alone.  Together." She walked around flirtatiously, "What do you think?" She leaned over his shoulder.

"Narissa!  Someone could-" His words are cut off when Narissa sighs.

She leans up towards him and then shuts her eyes as she realizes the reality of everything.

"Well I feel terrible.  I'm being selfish again..." She laid down on the covers and looked up,
     "Thinking how nice everything is here.  Relaxing, almost enjoying myself even when back home everyone suffering and I refuse to be selfish when there are those who are still living like that."

"Narissa, that's not your fault.  Any of them would gladly take opportunities that they are given, but you refuse because there are others doing less than you?  What would happen if everyone did that?  Besides," He turns away, "Once everything is normal with the reedins and all, I'm planning to help fix that."

"Well..." She began to think, "I guess everyone would be equal then."

"Even if so, there will still always be some kind of thing that will separate everyone from each other whether its living style, wealth, status, occupation, or anything.  Nothing is easy in the world." The prince states seriously, "I even know that, and I'm not saying this to make you feel better about yourself and that I grew up privileged because even if I had some of those things I still faced it, but just in different ways."

The vision wielder smiled to herself, "Maybe...." She trailed off, "Though I have to say, are all guest rooms like this because this one is sure nice." She exclaims laying over the bed while Niderudion watches from the room.

"Well I wouldn't know," Niderudion rubbed his neck. "I only been in this one as it is the one I've been staying in."

Narissa blinked.

She widen her eyes and jumped up in surprise, "Eh?  EHHHH!?"  The girl gasped, "What are you serious?  I've been flaunting around in here like it is nothing when it reality, this is the room you stay in.  The moons, Niderudion!  The moons you said nothing!"

He stared at her distressed state and burst out laughing.

"Hey!" She stared at him, "That's not... that's not right."

"Yeah, yeah I know." He smiled, huddling close to her as he, too, laid down.  Niderudion closed his eyes, "Wow, today took a lot out of me."  He held his arm and frowned at the crimson liquid that flowed down.

"Whoa," Naricelissa couldn't believe it.  He was bleeding.  She never really saw him bled before.  He would look pale or act like he was going to die, but never had she seen him bleed. 
       "Your bleeding!"  She looked at him with concern, "I never seen you bleed before and it is strange.  I don't want you to.  I must make sure you are better."

"I know I'm bleeding, my princess." He smiled as he used that name, "It has just been happening a lot lately as well as other injuries, but don't you worry," The prince waved his hand, "I'm completely fine."

Naricelissa frowned, "But... why is this happening?  This never happened before.  Wait a second-" She narrowed her eyes at him in realization.  "Don't you have this healing ability which is why I never really seen you hurt?"  Her eyes widen his fear.  "What happened, Nideru?"

"Oh uh.. yeah I do.. I just want to be strong and all... I just you know want to embrace being hurt so that I can... you know feel it more and umm it might help and yeah?... Heh heh heh?" Niderudion told her sheepishly, lying through that entire statement.

Naricelissa was not fooled.

"Is the light making you an idiot to think I wouldn't know you're lying?" She asked him, clearly amused.

Niderudion sat up, "I didn't want you to know.  You'd worry and I don't want you to, Narissa.  See I want to protect you, not the other way around, but the truth is that I haven't been able to heal since I got here."

"What does Her Majesty say?" Naricelissa looked over.

"She doesn't exactly know.  Besides, it is for the better."  He just grins, "She would be in so much concern, she wouldn't let me do my own things.  There is also you."

"Oh.... Wait  me?"

Naricelissa blinked.

"Yes you." He says acknowledging her question, "Mother doesn't know me as well as you do.  If there was anyone I rather you know.  You'd know why this is happened and you would also know what to do."

"Take off your shirt." She states.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows, surprised by her words.

"You said you haven't been able to use your healing on yourself and if I could guess I'd say you're doing nothing to treat them." She smiles knowingly.  Niderudion suddenly gives her a look, "What?"

"Oh... nothing, but yeah you're right." He admitted truthfully, "I'm not use to this."

"Pffft!" She laughed, "Come on I'll show you what to do you just need to-"

"How about you tell me what to do and I'll do it later?"

He offered instead, clearly not wanting too.

Naricelissa smiled and shook her head.  She didn't know if either he didn't want her to see him shirtless or was just wanting to do it another time.

Though, she wouldn't mind if she did it for him.

"Niderudion I..." She turned to him, "I don't mind." She turned her face away, hiding the fact her tan skinned had obviously turned strawberry pink when her cheeks filled with blush.

...

A few minutes later, Narissa as Niderudion calls her, was putting bandages over his skin from the cuts from fighting and the pain of dealing with the light.  She leaned into him while carefully applying each bandage and tenderly making sure they wouldn't hurt.

During this moment, they were both two souls with faces of red.

"How bad is it?" He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, while his hair, now out of the hair tie, laid loosely over his face.

"It's not that bad.." She told him quietly, "I seen way worse besides the environment and the light of Narvidia isn't help matters so it's not entirely your fault."

"Erghhh," He winced, closing his eyes.

"Sorry." She immediately apologized and looked concerned, "Are you okay?  I'm almost done."

"Y-yeah, I'm a-alright.  It just h-hurt... only a l-little." Niderudion smiled at her, hiding all the pain behind his smile. "S-since I'm not use to it and a-all."

"I'm finished now." She told him and at once he allowed himself to fall, laying himself on her.  Naricelissa smiled at Niderudion and laid her hand within his hair.

"You are wearing it." The prince suddenly commented, "You are at least protected and that is something I'm glad about."

"Huh?" She looked at him in confusion, "I'm wea..." She trailed off when she realized what he was talking about, "Oh.  Yeah, I am." She closed her eyes, blushing. "I would never not wear it."

"..You're so beautiful." Niderudion muttered, "I never want to see you hurt and that will protect you."

"A ring this powerful enough to protect me?" Naricelissa mused, "How exactly?" She held his ring out from her necklace and simply gazed at it.

"Oh?" He smiled up at her, "I'd thought you have known... predecessor.  It has a protection spell and gives more magic to the holder, specifically Esperon magic." He told her in a sing-song manner, whispering to her.

Niderudion lifted up until he was equally facing her, "What do you think... Narissa?" Then he leaned in and kissed her.

"Ehmnm!" Naricelissa sighed into his lips, "Nideru.. Niderudion I-"

The prince pulled away for a second and caressed her cheek, "I missed this.  With you, being here and doing this."

"You stole my exact words," Naricelissa playfully pouted, "You read my mind, didn't you?"

Niderudion grinned, "Maybe... Maybe not and I just had the exact same thoughts!"

The vision wielder shook her head, "Just kiss me some more already!" She demanded laying down.  "I missed you and now we must make up for it."

"So needy, aren't you, My Princess?" Niderudion laughed leaning down onto her.

"Only for you, Prince Niderud-" She smiled and soon afterward they both kissed together in sync, remembering their time together in the past to make up for everything that happened.

Sooner than later, she was in his arms still fondling together as two who missed each other much dearly.

"Niderudion?" A regal voice calls out to them in the room.  "I want to talk to you..." She trailed off as her voice got lower when she talked to someone else, "No, hold on Kiri."

The two didn't pay attention to the voice.

"Niderudion!" A different woman's voice suddenly called out with a bit of anger in her tone.  "Niderudion what were you thinking bringing my daughter to the forest?"

The door opened.

They moved away from each other at the last minute, while Naricelissa also fell off to the other hidden side in surprise.

Niderudion on the other hand, laid completely down with his hair messily all over the place and breathing heavily.

"Oh... Did you need something?" He managed to mutter with his over his face.  Naricelissa peeked over from the other side, hidden in covers and away from sight.

"Niderudion, I thought I told you to stay inside here?" Midnira walked into his room in surprise.  When she saw him, she thought he looked a bit off, but she said nothing.

"Exactly!" Kiridena chimed in, "You even brought my own daughter into the forest!"

"I done nothing..." The prince sighed, "She must have gone on her own will besides she's always looking for an adventure I'm surprised she hasn't before now."  Niderudion leaned back until he was on the other side by Naricelissa and mouthed, 'Can-you-escape?'

Naricelissa shook her head, 'I-still-want-to-stay'.  Niderudion widen his eyes and stared at her.

The prince lifted up as Queen Kiridena stated, "She would never deliberately disobey me!  You must have gone something to get it into her head." The queen exclaimed, practically yelling.  "And," she added, "What's with that face your making?"
The queen referred to his breathless look from being with Naricelissa and his hair which was messily all over the place and untied.

"I.." Niderudion grinned, "When there are rules, there are rule breakers.  I'm also not making any faces."

Naricelissa who was behind and hiding, put her hand to her mouth to stop her laughter from being heard.

Kiridena flared in anger.

"Calm down Kiri, this is unlike you getting all upset.  Where the optimist in you?" The redhead, Nelvren stated outside the door.

"I chose to go.  It's not his fault.  I just followed him." Kyriadelia nodded, explaining what really happened.

Kiridena continued to stare at Niderudion radiating off excess bright lights.  The prince squinted his eyes as it became much too hard to breathe.

Naricelissa noticed this and at once took a beam of moon light and secretly threw it at Kiridena, making her light fade and dim immediately.

The queen was shocked.
"Who goes there?" She asked to no one in particular, but looked straight at Niderudion, "How did you do that?"

Niderudion started breathing heavily as if the air was suddenly coming back to him.  When Narissa did that she helped removed any toxic air to him by turning down the light with that special spell.

Niderudion stated with boredom, "Oh, you know..." He shrugged, "It is the first time I felt like I could breathe since I arrived some few months ago."

Kyriadelia gasped from the hallways and peeked her head it, "What?!  H-how?"

Midnira narrowed her eyes, "Yet, here you still are, refusing to take the antidote drink."

"Please I'd rather not, Mother." He stated flatly.

"This is intense," Cestía noted, observing everything going on.

In the midst of the chaos going on, Narissa whispered a few selected words out loud.

Instantly, a blue light surrounded her and she became hidden to the eye for almost all.
Those who could see, however, were those of Espeon upbringing.

She began sneaking quietly past them towards the window, and just as she was about to prop herself up, Midnira stared intensely at her and grinned.

Midnira had a glow form in the palm of her hand and blew it towards the girl.

This cancelled the magic she was using to stay hidden.  At once she was was visible and she jumped up in fright, causing her hair to get spiky and messy from the impact of the moon queen's cancellation magic.

Narissa narrowed her eyes in annoyance after she realized what happened and jumped behind Niderudion with smiley grin as if to say, 'help me out of this one, would you?' Niderudion was just amused with her as he did warn her to leave already.

Many of them were confused how could someone become invisible.  Now that she appeared what were they going to do.

Within the mix of their confused and shocked faces, Kiridena was there becoming furious.
She then prepared to lift up and demand who she is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 1K 183
PART I | "Are you really a queen if your world is in ashes?" | After a devastating attack destroys her palace, Sera finds refuge on Earth and meets...
2K 127 56
A war between two kingdoms cause chaos all over the world and it tears each kingdom apart piece by piece. The east, having problems with their consec...
110 9 8
What if there's a world where people with abilities lives? And what if people with no abilities also live alongside them. The ones with abilities w...