A Bittersweet Love Story of Us

By Mariefrinnxx

Love obsession. This is how people describes Alexa's feeling towards Jayden - a notorious playboy. Since the... More

A/n
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Epilogue
A/n

Thirty-five

374 6 0
By Mariefrinnxx

Jayden Paterson

I pulled a plain grey t-shirt and heads out of my room. I just came from my meeting. I didn't mind changing my jeans. Yes, I attended a meeting by just wearing a jeans and a white polo. Well, I really don't care. As long as I look good on it, then it's fine.

I strode inside my mini bar. I went to where the wine is and poured myself a glass of wine. It's time to chill after all my meetings. I'm already chilling with my wine when my phone suddenly rings. I dig it out from my pocket and answered the call without even seeing who the person is. "Yes?"

"Can you have a dinner with us son?" says my mom from the other line.

It's been almost three weeks now that I never see my parents. I've been busy with my work and with Grace. Yes, after the encounter at my office, I introduced Grace as my girlfriend. Well, I'm not really into her. I don't feel anything towards her. I just want Alexa to know that I really don't have anything to do with her. "Why is that?" I asked.

"We just want to talk to you about this news spreading online. Are you aware of it?" she asked. Well, honestly, I really don't give a damn with all news around me. I'm just focused on my work and some important matter that relates with the country's economy and politics. Yeah, that's it.

"What's all about that news?" I asked.

"Your engagement," she replied. That made me think.

"What engagement are you talking about?" I suddenly ask.

"That's what we actually want to know. And if you want, come for dinner. We will talk about it," says my mother before ending the call.

What the hell is my mother talking about? I'm still not engaged. I don't know what is really going on now. And it hits me. I suddenly remembered something. Grace asks me to buy a ring the day after I announced that she's my girlfriend. I was about to dial her number when I heard a commotion from the living room. I put my phone down and went outside.

I saw Trent on the living room calling out for my name. Ruby is trying to tell him something but he just ignores her. Anger is visible in his face. "What do you need?" I coldly said making him look my way.

Trent just smirked the time his eyes landed on me. Then, he walks towards me. I thought he'll just tell me something but the next thing he did surprised me. He just punched my face. I hold on my jaw that he punched.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I asked. Ruby tried to pull Trent away but I gestured her to just go away. She immediately gets what I mean and leave together with the two maids and Lita, the oldest maid I have.

"What the hell is wrong with you! Should I be the one to ask you that Jayden?" Trent replied making me look at him intently. How dare he just barged in my place and punch me without any reason. And why is he mad? Should I be the one to act mad at him after what he did? After betraying me?

That thought made me punch him in return. Even if I don't have any connection with Alexa anymore, I still can't forget the fact that both of them did something behind my back.

"You want a fight?" I asked.

"Bullshit Jayden! What did you do?" he asked.

"Nah, I should be the one to ask you that!"

"Jayden, I did my part for you to realize that Alexa is a precious woman but you just let her go just like that and even introduce a woman that's not even good for you," says Trent.

"What do you mean you did your part? What part? The part where you and Alexa betrayed me and dated behind my back? Trent, two months is still not done but you already made a move!" I replied making him shake his head.

"Damn you! You're older than me but you're stupid!"

I was a little bit taken aback by his words. Why is he telling me those? "I didn't date her," says Trent that made me furrowed my brows.

"Really huh?" I sarcastically said.

"Yes," he replied.

"Then how can you explain the video and photos of you?" I asked.

"Photos and video?" he curiously asked to which I nodded. He cannot fool me. Even if he is my cousin, I can still hit him. He asked me where and when was the photo taken and I told him the details.

"That day was my flight. I asked Alexa to meet me for important thing and I didn't know that it will be misunderstood by such a self-proclaimed genius," he said after I told him everything.

"Go straight to the point will you? Because I still need to do something, damn it!"

Trent just smirked. "That same day, I received a call from Grace," he said.

"Don't involve her here," I seriously replied. Even if I don't have any feeling for her, I still don't want her name to be dragged from my own issue.

"Yeah, she should be. Don't you know that Grace plotted something to corner and hurt Alexa? That's what she told me. She can do everything to have you. She can kill Alexa. That's the reason why I asked Alexa to talk to me before my flight. But I wasn't expecting that Grace took the opportunity to make another kind of story and I didn't expect you to believe everything she said," says Trent.

I don't know what to say. I'm still not convinced. And Trent saw that and heaved a sigh. "If you don't want to believe me, hear, listen to this," he said as he stretched his hands and played an audio. Then, I heard it. I heard all the evil plan that Grace have just to hurt Alexa.

"Tell me, am I still talking nonsense?" asked Trent.

I stared at him. All my thoughts are not on him. My thought is on Alexa. Her reaction, those tears, all of those are real. I clenched my fist and looked at Trent. "Why didn't you tell me earlier," I asked. I'm quite mad at him.

"I didn't know what's going on not until I came back. I bumped into Grace and she showed me the wedding ring you give her. Why did you proposed to her?" he asked.

"What engagement? No, I didn't propose to her at all. I introduced her to be my girlfriend but I don't have a plan to propose to her," I replied.

"Then what is she telling? Come on Jayden, it's all over the news! She's spreading the news that you two are engaged!"

"No we are not!"

"Uh, uh. You need to fix everything before you'll loss Alexa," he said. Then it hits me. Once Alexa will hear about the news, she'll probably hate me even more.

A burst of anger and pain overcomes me as I remember her face the day she saw us in the office. The pain in her eyes and the way I turned my back on her makes me mad to myself. I remember her words. She hates me. She hates me now.

"But I loss her already," I said.

"Why is that?" asked Trent. "If you make up with her and tell her that Grace just plot all of this then she'll surely understand," he added.

"No, not just because of that. I- Grace told her about the bet we had," I replied. Trent asked me what the bet is and I made him remember it. I told him that Grace heard everything that we talked about at my mini bar and she used that weapon to hurt Alexa even more.

"And you admitted the fact that we really had that bet?" he asked making me nod.

"I thought that it's a best way for me to return the favor to her. For dating us at the same time," I replied.

"Stupid. Now she doesn't just hate you!"

"What do you mean?"

"She also hates me now! What the heck Jayden!" says Trent.

"What's the deal if she hates you?" I asked.

"She'll surely ignore me! Damn you. I still need her for her advices!"

"About?"

"Huh, none of your business!" he replied as he pushes me aside and walks towards my mini bar. I shake my head and followed him in.

Now that everything is clear, I just need to formulate a good plan to make things right and I'll start it by ending everything between me and Grace. After that, I'll be talking Alexa to make up for what I've done. And I hope she'll forgive me and give me another chance. A chance to show her what I really feel for her.

---M.F.P---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 897 42
His lips crushed on mine leaving no room for escape and l tried to move away but all l could do was to moan his name "Na (sigh) than." Damn why was...
516K 11.8K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...
3.4K 247 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
36.1M 1.1M 58
He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surprise even she can see over them. It's...