A Bittersweet Love Story of Us

By Mariefrinnxx

Love obsession. This is how people describes Alexa's feeling towards Jayden - a notorious playboy. Since the... More

A/n
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Epilogue
A/n

Fifteen

371 13 1
By Mariefrinnxx

Alexa Ramirez

The next day, I woke up with more energy. I let everything go and embrace another day. Last night, I had a talk with my sister and she told me everything. And those things she told me about Jayden, made me realize things. Maybe she's right. My sister is right after all these years. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop not unless Jayden will do something.

I reach for my phone at my bedside table and directly search for Jayden's name. As usual, I'll be sending him a morning text. Once the message is sent, I went to the bathroom and do my morning rituals. When I'm done, I headed outside.

Yeah, it's still five and I still have time to cook something for Jayden. I still have much time to change my clothes. One of our maid is already in the kitchen when I entered. She greeted me and I did the same. "You can have a rest first for a while. I'll be the one to cook," I told her. She immediately followed what I told her and headed outside.

Once she's out of sight, I immediately started cooking. I know, Jayden will surely eat the food I'm going to cook for today. At exactly six thirty, I'm done with what I'm doing. I even had my breakfast. I rushed to my room and fixed myself. I change into my office attire. I put a light make-up and put my hair in a perfect bun. When I'm totally satisfied with how I look, I went to the kitchen and pack Jayden's lunch.

"Did you have your breakfast?" asks my dad who just descended from the stairs.

I stopped on my track and walks towards him. I hug him and give him a kiss on his cheek. Even if I'm in a hurry, I still give time to whatever my parents are telling me. I don't care if that's the reason for me to be late or what. "Yeah, I'm actually done," I replied as I pulled away from him.

"That's good then. And are those for Jayden again?" he asks as he points at the plastic bag I'm holding.

"Yeah. I want him to have a taste of what I cooked today," I replied. My father just smiled at me.

"I'll get going dad. I'll be late. Don't worry, I left something for all of you to eat including our friends," I said mentioning about the maids. Yeah, my dad doesn't want us to call them our maids. He wants us to call them our friends.

"Yeah, yeah. Take good care of yourself," he replied before I gave him one last kiss and heads outside. I slide myself in the car and drive off the busy street.

It took me almost twenty minutes before I finally parked my car in front of the Paterson's company building. I climbed out of the car and entered the building. The guard greeted me with cheerfulness as usual to which I gave him back.

I heaved a deep sigh when I finally reach my desk. I glance at my wrist watch and smiled. I'm on time. Jayden will not say anything to me. I put the plastic bag on top of my desk and went inside his office. He is still missing in action. I walk towards the vase that is on the side of his table and takes the flower I put in it yesterday. It's still in good condition but I wanted to put a fresh one in the vase. I put the flower I just bought while I'm on my way.

When I'm satisfied with how I put it, I again put the vase back on his table. I throw the flower in the bin. When I'm done with my purpose, I headed outside. I was about to sit on my swivel chair when Jayden appeared. I greeted him but he just ignored me like he heard nothing. I watch him walk inside his office.

I just skook my head and walked towards my seat and started working. All the energy I have this morning suddenly vanished. It's like someone sip it. I'm already in the middle of my work when someone interrupted me. "Hey, hey. Why do I feel like you're tired?"

I looked up and saw Jane standing across me with her hands crossed on her chest. "Nah, I'm just overthinking," I replied.

"That's the same. You're overthinking that is why you look tired," she said making me look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"That's different."

"Just the same," she said.

"Whatever floats your boat honey," I replied shutting her.

She just let out a laughed. "What are you thinking?"

"About work. What would it be?" I asked back making her shake her head.

"Really? Eyes can't lie. Come one, you can tell me, while it's still free for us to talk. Later, your arrogant boss will come out his cage and will ask you to do another pile of paper work," she said.

"Ah, just go back to your desk and do whatever is assigned for you. I don't want him to be mad at you again. You might lose your job," I replied. I just don't want what happened the other day to happen again. Jayden was very furious when she saw me talking to Jane. But we are not just merely talking. We are talking about something. She was asking me about how the company's assets decrease. And we found out that Jane misses something making the asset of the company drop.

Jane went back to her desk and do her job. I also continued with mine. When the clock strikes twelve, I stand up from my chair and went to Jayden's office. "What do you need?" he asked. I can sense annoyance in his voice.

I walked towards his table and put the plastic bag on top of it. "I just want to give this to you. As usual, your food," I replied.

"They're gross," he said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Gross? You enjoyed eating the food last night. I was the one who cook that and so with this one," I said pointing at the plastic bag.

Jayden stands up from his swivel chair. "You really think I like the food that was served yesterday huh? Honestly, I don't. I just ate those foods because I don't have any choice. My parents are joking when they praised you. You're just too stupid to believe it," he replied making me shake my head. I don't believe him. A lot of people compliments me everytime I cook. And that motivates me to save in order for me to put up a restaurant.

"I don't believe you. I know the fact that you enjoyed eating," I replied to which he heaved a sigh.

"Why are you still doing this despite the fact that I'm showing you how much I hate you and all your acts?" he asked. I can sense both annoyance and anger in his voice.

"How many times do I need to tell you that I'm doing this because I really do love you! I love you Jayden, it's that really hard to understand?" I replied. Jayden just let out a laugh that echoed the room.

"Love? You love me? Alexa! Love is a bullshit! Will you just stop! Because it annoys me. A - Lot!" he said. Anger is already all over his face.

"Why would you be angry? You should be happy because someone is loving you!" I replied to which he sarcastically laughed. After his laughter died down, silence followed. Silence filled the room.

"What do you exactly need. Tell me, I'll give to you? Is your wealth not enough? I'll give you a share of my company, just leave me alone! Stop doing this, all of this!" he said as his face darkened with anger.

"I need you! You are the one I need not those stocks or shares of yours! it's you alone!" I replied. And in just a swift I'm now trapped in the wall. Both his hands are now on the side of head.

"Wh- what are you doing?" I asked. Then he did the most unexpected thing.

"This is what you want? I'll give it to you!" he said as he crashed his lips to mine. He kissed me aggressively. His right hand is gripping my other hand. While the other is on my waist holding me firmly.

He's too aggressive that I can feel the pain from his strong grip. I tried to push him away but he is just too strong. "This is what you want right?" he said as he started unbuttoning my clothes while he strongly holds me and started kissing my neck.

"Jayden- this- this is not what I want," I said trying to stop him but his anger is too strong to just fade away. He just keeps on going until I collected all my strength and push him away.

"What? That's what you like right? You want me to give you the attention? Now that I'm giving it, you're stopping me?" he sarcastically said.

"This is not what I want Jayden!" I shouted at him.

"Really? But you're obsessed with me. You need me! You are just like those women. Easy to get! In just a snap of finger I can make them kneel on me. You are like them Alexa. You just want sex to satisfy your need!" he replied.

That's when I had enough and did the last thing I wanted to do. I slap him hard. My palm was traced on his cheek. "You're too much Jayden. I'm not doing this just because of sex! Damn it! If I want sex, I could just ask any man on the street and sleep with me. I also have the money! But no! I'm doing this because I love you! I love you!" I said as tears fell down my cheeks. I don't care if I look like stupid in front of him.

When he didn't say anything, I harshly wipe my tears. "You know what, maybe they're right. I loved the wrong man," I said before running outside his office.

---M.F.P---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 406 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
9.9K 343 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
3.5K 247 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
21.8K 619 17
"You know it too Kitten... You want me just like I do, there is something between us that you can't resist. You can't help but close your eyes every...