Coach Knowles

By 4BEYGK

"Maraj! You're late.." Some woman busted in the gym but trailed off when she got closer. "Who's this?" "This... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
CAST
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84

74

4.4K 314 226
By 4BEYGK

bey

I was worried sick. Everything was going perfectly fine until Monday.

Amir wasn't at school but I didn't think too much of it. Maybe he had a doctors appointment or he was skipping my class to kiss in Brysons car.

I didn't get worried until Kelly told me when she went to check on Onika, she wasn't there.

As if that didn't have me worried enough, Kelly said she saw one of Imanis socks outside.

It's been about five minutes since Kelly told me that. I didn't want to jump to conclusions and think the worst case scenario's but I couldn't help it.

Now I could just be overreacting but it just seems weird. It's better to be safe than sorry.

"Bey what do you want us to do? Do you want me to go back to her house and see if she's there?"

"I'll just call Imanis iPad. She'll probably answer at home or at a doctors office or maybe Onikas car. If she doesn't answer, we'll know somethings wrong."

We sat down and I started to Facetime Imani. It started connecting right when I was about to press the end button.

It wasn't Imani that answered the phone, it was some random it was some random man. "Hello? Who's this?"

Who's this? I should be asking them that.

I just hung up. "Who the fuck was that?"

"Let me call Onika not because something not adding up."

I watched Kelly get her phone out and call Onika. She actually answered.

"Hello? Girl where are you?"

"Put it on speaker."

Kelly was about to but then she paused. "She said she wants to talk to me first then she'll talk to you."

I sat and let them talk. I was glad to know the she was safe. I was letting my thoughts get the best of me.

After Kelly was done talking, she hung up. That wasn't apart of the plan, she said I could talk to her after she was done.

"Why'd you hang up?"

"She had to go. She's fine, she's in New York."

"New York?!"

"Yeah, she said she left yesterday after school. She's okay, I heard Imanis voice in the background too."

"Did she sound okay?"

I hope she went over there by choice and not because anything happened to her dad. I'm praying already.

"She sounded happy. Before she hung up, she told me her mom was calling to eat. I could hear the smile in her voice."

That made me smile, I was happy if she was happy. "I need to talk to her myself. I'm way too paranoid right now."

"She's just eating so it shouldn't take that long. Let's get drunk."

"I have work tomorrow."

"And? How many chances are you going to have to get drunk with Kelly Rowland? Don't forget I don't like here."

"Hypothetically, would we be getting drunk here or do you want to go out?"

I wanted to get drunk. I don't even get hungover and if I feel that bad I can just put on a video and let them use their phones.

"Let's stay in. We can Instacart some snacks and watch that ultimatum show."

"Wine?"

"It's giving a wine night. We should get pizza too, I feel like pizza and wine kinda go together."

"I don't eat pizza." She knows this.

"You like pizza, please stop playing. I'll get half cheese for you."

"Okay." I might eat a slice or two.

We were going to wait for the food to get here before we turned the show on. We were getting grapes, veggie chips, and this vegan cookie dough I like. Kelly was getting a bunch of unhealthy stuff.

My phone started ringing and I got excited because I thought it was Onika but it was just Solange. My excitement lowered slightly, I was still happy that Solange was calling me.

"Hello sister."

"Don't answer the phone like that anymore. But what are you doing?"

"About to watch that ultimatum show and get wine drunk. You wanna come over?"

I know Kelly and Solange don't get along but I wanted them to solve their problems. Solange is my sister and Kelly is my best friend, of course I want them to get along.

Plus, I have a theory that Kelly is actually our half sister. My dad used to cheat on Tina a lot. I can't even blame him.

"I'm on my way. See you in 20."

"Okay, see you then." I hung up and set my phone down.

"Who was that?" She almost sounded like Onika.

"Wrong number?"

"I'll really slap you."

"Oh please, I would work you. You don't want any smoke, twig."

"Girl don't let this skinny arms fool you, they pack some power. I have that same pilates machine you were 'looking' at in you know who's house."

That led to us play fighting. I was letting Kelly win, I could accidentally crush and kill her so I barely wanted to hit her.

We both work out so we both had stamina. The fight felt like it was going on forever.

I was getting choked out, punched, slapped, she was using wrestling moves on me.

Solange fights like this too. That's why I always stopped her and Solange from fighting. It would get bloody.

We didn't really stop until the doorbell rang. It could either be Solange or the food but just to be safe, I went to answer it.

Solange was at the door in a suit. A suit?

"Where are you coming from looking this snazzy?" I regretted saying snazzy the second I said it.

"I'm a business woman, this is my normal attire." Oh she's lying.

"What is she doing here?" I jumped, I didn't know Kelly was behind me.

"I thought she went back to whatever hellhole she came from? Why'd you invite me if she's here?"

"Right, why would you invite her?"

"Uhh.." I turned around and walked away. That's one way to get out of a conversation.

It didn't work, they followed me into the living room. They sat on opposite sides of me, they were already getting along better.

"Speak."

"You guys need to talk about your problems. What's your problem with each other? So you speak."

It's been so long I forgot what their issue was. It had to be dumb if I don't even remember it.

"Solange wants to be me, there's no problem."

"Why would I want to be you? A boring relator with a bald husband? Look at your life and be real Kelendria."

"A bald husband that you wanted."

Ohh right. Tim and Solange.

"Had not wanted. Don't forget."

"Bitch-"

"Kelly." One of them was about to swing and hit me.

"Kelly what?! You see how you're always on her side? I didn't even do anything to her."

They're so childish. This feels like when we were kids in my mamas house whisper cussing each other out making sure she didn't hear.

"All I said was your name, calm down. Just act like I didn't say anything, we were at where Solange said she had your husband not wanted him."

"Bey shut the fuck up. Solange, I'll really beat the fuck out you. I'm tired of going back and forth every could years, I want to fight now."

Oh they're getting ghetto.

"Y'all aren't fighting."

"We can't fight Kelly. You know I don't mind."

"I know you don't mind a lot of things bitch."

"You don't either. Remember Marcus?"

"Wait, who's Marcus?"

"Bey shut up."

"Right, mind your business. Isn't that what you told me."

"Y'all aren't about to jump me." I would prefer they fought me instead of each other.

They both started talking over each other about how they would beat me up.

My phone started ringing and I jumped up, it was Onika calling. I left them and went to my room, now they would fight.

"Hello?" I almost let it hang up.

"Hi Bey." I could hear the happiness in her voice and it made me smile.

"I was worried about you. Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"I'm fine, everything's fine. I'm sorry, I should've told you I was going to New York."

"Is your dad okay?"

"He's fine- he's better than fine. He was so happy to see me, he cried."

"Im so happy for you. How did it go?"

"It was so much better than I expected. They love Amir and Imani so much. I'm even going to see my old best friend for breakfast tomorrow."

"Are you excited?"

"I'm scared. It's been 17 years."

"Maybe take Imani? She'll lighten the mood."

"Imani can't be around for the stuff we're talking about."

"What are y'all going to be talking about?"

"What else besides the usual abuse and rape stuff?"

"Onika." I already told her to stop being rude.

"My bad, I'm pregnant." That's her favorite excuse.

"You never sent me the date and time for the you know what. I need to know if I have to call out of work or not."

"I haven't done it yet, I'll do it tonight."

"Onika you don't have all the time in the world, especially since we don't know when you actually got pregnant. You could've been pregnant since we were in Houston and just stayed skinny for a while."

"I said I'll do it. When is our break over? I miss you."

"Do you know what you want?"

"Well not exactly.."

"When you figure it out, our break will be over."

"Okay."

I could tell she was about to cry but I heard something break downstairs. "Don't cry, everything's okay. Try to enjoy your time in New York and make sure to take lots of pictures."

"You're hanging up?" Her voice cracked, I have about 30 seconds to get off this phone before she starts bawling.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I left Kelly and Solange downstairs alone and I'm already hearing stuff break."

"Kelly and Solange? Now I get it, go protect your home. I'll call you... I don't know when."

"Whenever you're ready to talk, we can. Make sure you're really ready though."

"Okay."

"I love you. You don't have to say it back, I was just testing it out. Bye."

"Bye."

She hung up. I didn't really expect her to say it back so I wasn't upset by that.

I quickly went back to the living room but Kelly and Solange were just sitting there watching tv.

"What was that noise I heard?"

"The foods here." A second later the doorbell rang. Solange might actually be a psychic, wait.

"How did you- huh?"

"The app, dumbass. Get the food."

The pizza got here first. I paid and brought it back to the living room. "So are y'all good?" I was confused, they were sitting on the couch like they were besties.

Kelly smiled, "We're fine right now. Don't ruin it by talking about it, come sit."

They'll be back trying to fight each other before the nights over. Especially if alcohol is involved.

The night went by and they were actually relatively calm. It was so much fun to me. We were just hanging out like sisters, I really needed this night.

The next morning I went to work without a hangover. I had a little bit of a headache but it wasn't anything too bad.

Onika called me once and I tried to ignore it because I was in the middle of a lesson. She's three hours ahead, she probably thinks Im eating lunch. The second time she called me, I had to answer.

"I have to step outside for a second but finish those vector equations while I'm gone. I'll be checking for accuracy but I'm not in here to stop anyone from cheating." I winked and left the room.

I answered the phone quickly before it went off "What's wrong?"

I immediately heard her crying. "Beyoncé I'm about to beat this bitches ass! I swear to God!"

"Who?" I was lost.

"Nicki-"

"Bitch shut the fuck up!"

"Wait, you're in the car with her?"

"We came together!"

She was still yelling I've never heard her angry like this before. Usually she'll say mean stuff and she does raise her voice sometimes but never like this.

"I'm confused, what happened?"

"She fucked him!"

"Who?"

"My ex! Our kids are fucking siblings! She knew that nigga was beating my ass and still still fucked him and got pregnant by him!"

"Nicki nobody knew he was doing that to you until after you left, please calm down."

Now she was crying. "You knew! I asked you for help, I told you he was going to fucking kill me!"

"That never happened."

"Bitch- Bey I'll call you back."

"Please don't, you're pregnant."

She didn't say anything and hung up. I don't know what exactly is going on but I hope she's being safe.

I went back inside and went back to teaching. I couldn't do much else, I was at work on the other side of the country.

——
expect an update on at least one other book today :)

Bey?

Onika?

Onika going to New York?

Kelly and Solange?

Onika STILL not scheduling the abortion?

Lauren having a baby with Onikas ex? (I don't think I ever specified it was her but it is)

Onikas reaction?

vote & comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 2.1K 20
Nicki is thrilled to land a job as a nanny for a wealthy, recently divorced mother of two. The pay is amazing, and the kids are angels. The only prob...
128K 3.5K 10
185K 9.4K 67
"One finds limits by pushing them." Onika Maraj is a valorous and soft-hearted mother with a great head on her shoulder. So many odds has been stack...
64.1K 3.6K 24
Onika has a lifestyle that her friends don't necessarily understand. Everyday is like a battle trying to fit in and make stronger relationships with...