𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺 (...

By Themanofculture

In the beginning, things were Balanced, as all things should be. However, for reasons unknown, the embodiment... More

BIO
Prologue- A witches gift
1.0- From Zero
1.1- Bowel Hunter
1.2- Breakdown of the cycle
2.0- The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family
2.1- The Sound Of Chains
2.2- REstart
2.3- The Meaning of Courage
2.4- Rem
2.4.1- Memory Snow
3.0- Return to the Capital
3.1- The Self Proclaimed Knight
3.2- The Crimson Sea
3.3- The Sickness Called Despair
3.5- The Greed of a Pig
3.6- Restart Commence: From Zero
3.7- A Mothers Love
3.8- Battle Against the White Whale
3.9- A Flash of Sloth
3.10- Nefarious Sloth
3.11- The Traveller, Self-Proclaimed Knight & Greatest Knight
4.0- A Chance Encounter With the Witch
4.1- A Tea Party With the Witch
4.2- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I
4.3- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt II
4.4- The HSIℲ˥ƎS Wielder of Flames: Prt III
A Valentines "Short"
Q
A
4.5- Who am I?
4.6- Childhood's End
Another Q
Another A

3.4- The Outside of Madness

1.5K 89 112
By Themanofculture

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid

Element(s): Arcane/???/Yin

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Rem was dead...

There were corpses everywhere...

I helped Subaru stand up since he dropped to his knees from the shock and then we made him it way over to a shed... After opening the door, we saw more corpses... The children

Subaru threw up and I began to clench my fists to the point that I started to draw blood... But I regenerated a few seconds later...

Subaru: Wrong... Wrong... Wrong... This isn't what I wanted... No... No... No...

(Y/N): There's something inside the mansion...

Subaru looks up at me.

Subaru: W-What? Who? H-How do you know?! Is it Emilia?! Tell me!! Who is—

(Y/N): I do not know... This mana... Is almost unrecognisable... But powerful...

Subaru: Where is it?... If it's the enemy... I'll kill them... They have to pay...

I don't say anything more to him and start walking.

———————————————

Chaos & Harmony

———————————————

We went through each room... We saw more unpleasant sights. Ram and Petra's bloodied corpse... The flower ornament that Emilia wears in her hair on the floor. More furniture all over the place with bloodstains...

I'm angry... Extremely angry...

Something is stirring within me... It's that thing that I still have no clue or what about... They aren't conscious... But they are sad... Extremely sad... But why?

Who are you?

———————————————

I followed the trail of mana I could detect... And it led down a staircase covered in ice... I was surprised to find a bunch of hooded individuals... The same as the ones from outside down here...

I then hear Subaru scream.

Subaru: Arghhh!!!!

(Y/N): Huh? What happened—

I see some of Subaru's fingers were gone. And they were attached to a door handle.

(Y/N): What the-

He then trips and I see that his detached leg was now stuck on the ground.

It only took a few seconds. Subaru's body had completely frozen over.

Puck: You were too late...

(Y/N): P-Puck?! What's ha-

———————————————

Darkness...

I'm back in that "shadowy realm"...

I looked down at my hands, which I could barely see in this darkness and awaited the pain...

But, nothing happened... Why?

I don't know yet... But when I looked up, I was quite surprised to see...

A figure cloaked in shadows...

Well...

Mostly... I see her head... And it's covered by a black veil... But I can make out... Some of... Hold on... Silver hair?... It's the only thing I can make out but...

Naruhodo... It makes sense now...

(Y/N): I assume you're here to "punish" me?

No response...

(Y/N): Why... Why did you give me this ability?... Why did you give Subaru that ability?

She twitched after I mentioned Subaru. In an instant, she raced towards me and stopped just inches in front of my face... I gulped, uncertain of what she would do... I still couldn't see her face... Which I found extremely weird considering how close we were to each other...

W.o.E: Lovehim...

I hear her begin... Great, she's going to go on another rant, isn't she-

W.o.E: Lovehim. Ilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehim. ilovehimSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehim.

I twitch and back away, I've heard it enough times at this point, and it's beginning to agitate me.

(Y/N): Would you please, SHUT UP?!

...

...

...

She pauses momentarily but then continues like I didn't just say anything.

W.o.E: Ilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehimilovehim. SubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaruSubaru~

(Y/N): SHUTUP! Both of you piss me off dammit!... You both keep saying it's "Love". It's nothing more than an obsession! Why the hell do you even love Subaru so much?! Why the hell does Subaru love Emilia so much?! Why does Nella love me so much?!... I don't understand any of you... I don't understand this kind of love... What did the other do for you to love them so much?

She flinches when I speak, and then her tone gets a little... Aggressive...

W.o.E: Useless... UselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUselessUseless. Why don't you understand? UnderstandUnderstandUnderstandUnderstandUnderstandUnderstandUnderstand. Helphim. Why don't you help him?! Why? WhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhy?!

Her words continued to echo around in my mind, it was way too much for me to take and she continued to circle me.

(Y/N): You and your love can go fuck off!!

She paused immediately and gasped... I could see the lower half of her face turn to a scowl, I pissed her off, but I'm also too pissed off to care.

She next used one of those shadow hands and plunged it into my chest. I then started to feel so much pain I felt like vomiting. I fell to my knees and began gasping for air, but then I felt something.

My chest began burning up, I felt myself be "taken over" momentarily... The next actions weren't made because of my own decision.

"LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

There was a crimson aura around me, and then I began shrieking... Though it sounded more... Feminine... Not like me at all...

That shriek alone caused the witch's shadow hands to disintegrate and also made her flinch and hold her ears with a look on her lower face that displayed her agony.

That shriek... For some reason... I felt familiar with it... There were traces of anger mixed in with some sorrow in it.

I took a few moments to try and comprehend what just happened. Breathing in and out heavily, I looked up to see the witch holding her head and muttering to herself, she got louder and louder.

W.o.E: WhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhy?! Why do you protect him?! WhyWhyWhy?! Why do you love him?! Lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove!

She then paused and her head moved up as though she were now staring at me. Then she began circling me while still keeping her distance.

W.o.E: She loves you. Why? WhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhy?! Why? She is protecting you. Why is it you?! Why is it you? YouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYouYou-

(Y/N): What the hell are you talking about...?

It's only now I realise how fucked up the Witch of Envy is... My chest was no longer burning, and I felt more in control of myself. There was no longer a crimson aura, but the Witch continued rambling, she sounded furious, who is this"she" she keeps on going on about...

Eventually, both the witch and this shadowy realm start fading away and suddenly I feel-

———————————————

Kadomon (Savepoint guy): Oi, you two listening?

I gasp and blink twice... Savepoint guys voice?

Subaru: What?

Kadomon: Don't "what" me!? What's with you two? You both suddenly spaced out?

Wait... Did we go all the way back to-

Wait... Subaru doesn't have his bag with him...

Rem: Subaru-kun... (Y/N)-kun?

We both look to the left and see Rem holding a basket with some Apples... Appa's... Whatever...

... Subaru suddenly drops

Rem: S-Subaru-kun, what's wrong? Do you feel ill?

Subaru looks up at Rem and then suddenly buries his face in her chest...

Rem: E-Eeh?! S-Subaru-kun!? What's wrong?!

Kadomon: Oii! Come on, not in front of my shop man!!

Rem: P-Please Calm down...

He was crying a whole lot... Has he finally snapped?

———————————————

Felix: I'm pretty sure there's nyothing we can do... His wounds are one thing, but there's nyo helping his mental state...

Crusch: Can you tell me what happened?

Felix: No, I've checked every inch of him, but...

Crusch: What are the odds of it being a curse?

Felix: There's nyo indication of any interference using mana.

Crusch: If Felix is unable to do anything, then no one in this household can heal him... I'm sorry...

Rem: No, I cannot thank you enough for your generous concern.

Rem: *He's right... There's no mana interference... But... The witch's miasma...*

———————————————

After that, I just retreated to my room...

I suppose that's a normal reaction... But I'm "fine"... Even after witnessing everything did... I only felt anger and frustration... But not sadness... Am I becoming... desensitized?

I keep thinking about what Crusch said... But I also don't want to overthink it... But what do I do?... Why is it that I want to help Emilia?... Is it just because I don't have anything else to do? Is it because I feel obligated to?... Is it something else entirely?

...That Shriek... Had the Witch of Envy startled... I wonder where that all came from...

Who am I?...

What do I want to do?...

This is too much for me to deal with right now... I'm growing weary...

Timeskip

Rem: Thank you for everything. In my master's stead, I thank you for your kindness during our stay.

Crusch: Give Emilia this message, as well. "Let us compete in a manner that will bring neither of us shame."

Felix: I know why you're returning to the mansion, but can anyone there heal him?

Rem: He utters our names, only occasionally. My name, my sister's name. (Y/N)-kun's name... And Emilia-sama's... If he sees her, maybe his condition will change.

Crusch: I realise this is tasteless, but I must ask. How can you give so much of yourself for Natsuki Subaru? Your relationship with him is not that of master and servant, like Felix and mine. But I must say your behaviour and glances you cast are those a woman gives a man.

...

...

Crusch: I am sorry. Forget I said—

Rem: No, it isn't that... It is... How can I put it? Well... I suppose it is because Subaru-kun is special...

...

Rem: Um...

Crusch: Forgive me, I was just stunned speechless for a second... Natsuki Subaru is a lucky man.

Felix: Indeed. If he ever recovers, I'll have to tease him to the max~

Crusch: Be well.

After that, we depart... I didn't have the motivation to interact with anyone much... I know that this is just going to be another failed loop... So my interactions with people are something I know regard as unimportant... They'll all forget anyway... I suppose now would be the best time to just observe and make plans for the next restart... Until Subaru dies... I won't need to worry about myself either, I won't die so I won't need to stop at anything to gather information...

——————————————

We departed using a Dragon-Drawn carriage... But we take a stop during the night and camp out. Subaru was asleep in the carriage and I was sitting with Rem in front of a fire, looking at my sword.

Rem: (Y/N)-kun...

(Y/N): What is it?

Rem: Um... I just wanted to ask... If you were okay...

I was surprised by this...

(Y/N): Me? Okay?... Is there any reason you asked?

Rem: Well, you just didn't seem like your usual self is all, you were very... Quiet all of today... And the atmosphere around you is very... Gloomy?... Not to mention... The smell around both you and Subaru has gotten stronger...

The miasma... I forgot about that... The more times we loop, the smell is just gonna get stronger...

(Y/N): I appreciate the concern... But I'm all good... But I'm gonna turn in for tonight...

Rem: H-Hai... Sweet dreams...

I get back into the carriage after that... And then I try to sleep... Keyword being tried... For most of that night, I was awake... I did eventually fall asleep... But the sun was already rising by then...

——————————————

We arrived at the forest in the Mathers domain a few hours later...

Rem: *It's too quiet...*

Suddenly Rem began to cough a lot and then began gasping for air like she had nearly drowned.

(Y/N): What happened, Rem!

Rem: That was... Nee-sama! We must return quickly!

I narrow my eyes as suddenly, the ground dragon is decapitated and the carriage comes to an abrupt stop and falls over. Subaru and Rem quickly fell out and then I punched a hole in the side and jumped out.

We are surrounded by those hooded people from the last loop... Perfect... Perhaps I could find a way to get some information.

Some of those hooded men approached me and Subaru, but they were suddenly slaughtered by a Morningstar that was thrown by Rem.

Her horn was now visible on her forehead and there was some blood trickling down the side of her head.

Rem: DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THEM!

Some of them threw Knives at Rem, but she avoided those attacks and began to kill them one by one.

I unsheathed my sword and pointed it at some of them. What I didn't expect was for one of them to grab Subaru and then the rest of them to surround me. They then all threw knives and attacked me with magic.

(Y/N): If you thought that is going to work... Then that was your mistake...

I step on the ground extremely hard, a brown magic circle appears under my foot as I activate my Earth magic, I cause an Earthquake that makes everyone around me lose their footing. Then I raise my arm and a silver magic circle appears as I create a dozen of swords with my Metal magic. They all fly toward one of our assailants and impale them through the abdomen.

I then make all the swords fly out of their abdomens and make them all float behind me as I walk away, behind me was Rem, still fighting some cultists.

I turn my head towards her and then I snap my fingers. A green magic circle appears in front of me, the ground shakes and then a giant carnivorous plant surfaces from the ground and uses thick vines to grab onto the assailants. They then swiftly get dragged into the plant's "Mouth" and are eaten. About now they should be getting dissolved by acid.

Rem looks toward me in bewilderment.

Rem: (Y/N)-kun, this m-

(Y/N): Just leave the rest to me...

A grey magic circle appears as I cast a null magic spell that knocked her out, before she collapsed a few vines sprouted from the ground and wrapped itself around her body. Then more vines began to surface from the ground and converge around her in a dome shape.

Then I sighed to myself and started walking, so this is Ishtar's mana... After casting those spells I don't even feel like I used any mana... But she did still tell me to use it sparingly... I suppose I'll heed her warning...

I can still smell Subaru's residual scent, I'll follow it and find out just what exactly is going on.

——————————————

Narrator's P.O.V

When Subaru opened his eyes, he noticed his arm was chained and he was sitting against a cold rocky wall. He lifted his head and noticed a pair of eyes close to his face. The sight made him jump in fright.

???: Naruhodo... This is certainly interesting. You wouldn't happen to be Pride, would you?

The man then started to bite his finger and continued to speak while doing so.

???: Hnnrrggg... I guess you're not going to answer me!

He bit his finger so hard that blood started to trail out of it. He then abruptly stopped and stood upright, placing his hands behind him.

???: Ah, right... I haven't even introduced myself yet. In the Witch's Cult, I am a Sin Archbishop representing sloth, Betelgeuse Romanée-Conti! DESSSSS!!!!!

——————————————

Subaru just "smiled" and mumbled incomprehensibly, Beteluguese grinned in response.

Betelgeuse: Ah, how comical... What a very, very, very, very, VERY ENTERTAINING SIGHT!!! TRULY, TRULY, TRULY, TRUUUUUUULY!!! MY BRAIN TREMBLES...

He began shaking his head back and forth while holding it with his hands and then looked up at the ceiling while pulling very tightly on his hair. He just as quickly ceased those actions and then returned his hands to their position behind him while looking straight ahead of him.

Betelgeuse: Now, what has brought him here?

A hooded person surfaced out of the ground and began mumbling, Betelgeuse raised a hand behind his ear as he listened.

Betelgeuse: Hmmm?

Cultist#1: Dragon carriage...

Betelgeuse jumped back and widened his eyes.

Betelgeuse: A DRAGON DRAWN CARRIAGE?!...

He then stood normally again.

Betelgeuse: Ah, aren't ground dragons great?

He started walking in circles, rambling to himself while holding up his hands.

Betelgeuse: They obey diligently, work diligently, and play their role as a species diligently! THEY'RE JUST FANTASTIC DESSS!!!!!

The cultist started whispering again and Betelgeuse raised a hand next to his ear and nodded.

Betelgeuse: Hmm?

Cultist#1: Killed...

Betelgeuse: Naruhodooo. Your diligence brought the ground dragon, diligence itself, to the ground! AHH, my brain trembles, trembles, trembles, TREMBLEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

He held the sides of his head and arched his back so far that his head nearly touched the ground.

Betelgeuse: But... a dead ground dragon is the very definition of "sloth."

He stood up normally again and grinned.

Betelgeuse: Clean up the area at once. With the day of the Ordeal upon us, we mustn't allow our existence to be discovered. And his friends?

He raised a hand next to his ear and nodded as the cultist spoke.

Cultist#1: Unknown...

Betelgeuse: It is unknown if the girl and the boy are alive or dead?

He lost his grin, lowered his hand and then stared directly at the cultist next to him.

Betelgeuse: Unknown if they are alive or dead, yes? You are truly slothful...

He grabbed the cultist's head and then slammed them into the ground so hard the Earth shattered. He then lifted the Cultist back up and began shaking them back and forth roughly while screaming angrily.

Betelgeuse: WITH THE FORTHCOMING ORDEAL, YOU LET A POTENTIAL PROBLEM REMAIN!

He then started punching the cultist.

Betelgeuse: IS THIS THE SINCERITY YOU SHOW IN RETURN FOR OUR GOSPEL?!

He dropped the cultist and began groaning.

Betelgeuse: AHHHHHH, this is sloth... Sloth, sloth, sloth SLOTH SLOOOOOOOTHHH!!!!!

He fell to his knees and raised his arms up.

Betelgeuse: Please forgive us the sloth that has led us to betray your goodwill! LOVE... WE MUST REPAY WITH LOVE!

He dragged his hands down the sides of his face, tears formed and snot began to fall down his nose.

Betelgeuse: Bring them both here. If they live, kill them!

He strangled himself to "demonstrate".

Betelgeuse: If not, bring me their heads des! LOVE! WE MUST REPAY WITH LOVE!!!!

All the cultists sank through the ground, leaving Betelgeuse alone with Subaru.

Betelgeuse: Sate... Sate Sate... Sate Sate Sate Sate Sate Sate Sate Sateeeeee.

Betelgeuse rocked from side to side before grabbing a "lifeless" Subaru's head and lifting it.

Betelgeuse: You will look into my eyes des. Answer me. Answer me carefully des. Why does such dense love hang so abundant, upon your person? Do you not own a copy of the Gospel?

He took out a small brown book from the inside of his cloak.

Subaru:...

Betelgeuse: IT SADDENS ME TO BE IGNORED

He arched his back again while holding his face.

Betelgeuse: I'M TREATING YOU SO KINDLY, AND YET, AND YET, AND YET, AND YET, YET, YET, YET, YET!

He stopped and then leaned forward, looking at Subaru.

Betelgeuse: In that case, I will change the order of my questions.

He grabbed Subaru's chin and grinned.

Betelgeuse: Let me ask you this...

He licked Subaru's cheek, going up licking his eyes and forehead making Subaru's eye twitch. Then he tilted his head ninety degrees.

Betelgeuse: Why do you pretend that your mind has broken?

Subaru:.......

Betelgeuse: No, no, no, no. I truly have my doubts. Why and for what reason, for what purpose, do you act crazed?

Subaru: ... Ahhhh...

Betelgeuse: Your insanity is far too sane. To behave so cleverly and quietly, as if seeking sympathy... It is an insult to real madness.

Subaru:... Ahhh... Ahhhhhh... AHHHHHHHH.....

He held his head and hunched over while groaning.

Betelgeuse: You are a poorly acted madman. If you really meant it, you would pay the gazes of others no heed.

Subaru:...AahHHHhhhhHhhhhHHhhhHHHH....

Betelgeuse: Ah, how comical!! HOW COMICAL!!

He began chuckling and raised his arms to the air while tilting his head and grinning.

Subaru: AHHHHHH...AHHHHH...

Tears began flowing down Subaru's face, Betelgeuse grabbed him by the neck area of his clothing and lifted him up.

Betelgeuse: I pity your wretched, ugly, lowly, diminutive, sinful being, from the bottom of my heart. DESPITE ALL THAT, YOU ARE SO LOVED-

He paused mid-sentence and then dropped Subaru. He then turned stopped grinning and turned his head back robotically.

Betelgeuse: How peculiar. Another loved one is now amongst us. What, or who, could it be?

(Y/N): I heard everything. And frankly, I'm not impressed.

(Y/N) walked into the cave and he was carrying a bunch of corpses with him that all belonged to the witch cultists.

Betelgeuse tilted his head sideways and then placed a hand on his chin.

Betelgeuse: Who, are you?... How is it that you are so loved... Perhaps... Could you be Pride?

(Y/N): I stumbled across this cave and decided to lay low and eavesdrop from a distance. But after hearing your order for your henchmen to slaughter one of my friends, well, I had to take a short leave to deal with them... To answer your question. I am not this pride you speak of. But as to how I'm so "Loved"... Your guess is as good as mine, madman...

A few cultists appeared behind him, surfacing out of the ground. They all immediately rushed forward towards him.

(Y/N): I wouldn't do that if I were you... Because... I am a little... Angry...

In an instant, the cultists spontaneously burst into flames, these flames were a deep crimson and instantly disintegrated the cultists.

Betelgeuse: Hooooouuuu, an adept user at fire magic. If you are not Pride, your presence is no longer required!!!

He grinned and bit his finger so hard that blood started to leak from his, and then suddenly, a gaping hole was formed in (Y/N)'s chest. He coughed blood and then placed a hand over that hole. After a few more seconds, he collapsed onto the ground and died.

Betelgeuse: Take care of the cleanup-

Before he was done speaking, a hand made of shadows went around and bore holes into the chests of cultists that had just come from the shadows, surprising Betelgeuse.

(Y/N) then stood up from the ground, with a grin on his face.

(Y/N): Whoops, I forgot to mention. Thanks to that Witch, I can't die~

Betelgeuse raise his arms into the air and then grabbed his head and looked up at the ceiling.

Betelgeuse: NARUGHODO. HOW UNEXPECTED, YES, UNEXPECTED, UNEXPECTED, UNEXPECTED, UNEXPECTED, UNEXPECTED, HOWWW UNEXPECTED, MY BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN!!! MY BRAIN IS TREMBLING!!!! OOOOH HOW IT TREMBLESSSS!!!!! OHHHH HOW YOU HAVE BEEN TRULY BLESSSEDDD!!!! MY BRAIN IS TREMBLING!!!!! DESSSS!!! NOT ONLY HAVE YOU BEEN BLESSED, BUT YOU ALSO CONTAIN A COPY OF MY AUTHORITY!!! WHAT A SITUATION!!!!

As he began to slam his head into the floor repetitively, multiple cultists continuously surfaced out of the ground and jumped at him.

Most if not all of them managed to stab one of their knives into him at any location of the body that was open. (Y/N) had died again. Only moments later, another hand made of shadow had surfaced and killed the cultists.

(Y/N): What did I tell you?... Nothing you can do will get rid of me-

Betelgeuse: NAZEEEEE, NAZE NAZE NAZE NZAE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAZE NAAAZEEEEE!!!!!!

He continued to pull out his hand and bit his fingers extremely hard, more blood gushed out of the wounds he had created as unseen hands sprouted from his back and continued to assault (Y/N)'s body. (Y/N) died over and over and over again, and yet, despite it, he continued to revive over and over and over and over, each time he was killed, with a smile on his face.

After reviving, he dropped to his knees and then started to laugh, causing Betelgeuse to cease his attacks, while still keeping his unseen hands all over (Y/N).

Betelgeuse: What is it that you find amusing? What is it? What is it? What is it? What is it?

(Y/N): Hahaha... You know... That hurts you know... It hurts a lot... So...

He was suddenly wrapped in a crimson aura, his eyes turned red and pupils thinned into reptilian slits. On his eyes, white X marks suddenly appeared and his teeth sharpened.

The aura around him got larger and larger until it enveloped not just his body, but Betelugeus's body. Before he could utter any other words, his body was disintegrated. 

(Y/N) stood up weakly and saw his hands had changed, they were covered with dark scales and his nails had grown a little longer and stronger as though they had transformed into claws.

He thought to himself.

(Y/N): *Chaos... But...Didn't Ishtar drain all of that out of me?... Perhaps... No... That is irrelevant...*

He walked over to Subaru's body and saw it limp, he grabbed Subaru's head and lifted it up, taking a few moments to examine it.

(Y/N): He's still alive... But he has passed out... I'm surprised that's all that happened to him...

He grabbed onto the chains around Subaru's wrists, and in a few moments, it disintegrated.

He lifted Subaru up and carried him over his shoulder. He then turned and began to walk out of the cave.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I walked out of that cave with Subaru on my shoulder. I decided to choose those moments to think about everything...

Was this the right choice?

I chose to let everything play out the way it did... Because this was a failed loop...

Nothing mattered in this world... Right?... It doesn't matter what happens to anyone in a failed loop... Because we...

*THUMP*

*THUMP*

I dropped to my knees and started gasping for air... It was getting harder and harder to breathe... And it was getting colder...

I look down at myself and realise the dark scales on my hands are very slowly growing on my arms as well... I also saw dark red veins pulsing all over them. What is this?

I move Subaru from my shoulder and place him on my back... This made things easier...

I stood up, with difficulty and began walking through the forest...

I went over to the vines that had formed a dome around Rem. There was snow piled up all over it and on the ground around it. I could see the steam coming from my breath. I could even see that the carnivorous plant that had eaten the witch cultists had died from the cold.

I kneeled towards the vines and used my claws to tear them open.

Inside I saw Rem's body... She was still breathing... I felt a sense of relief in me... But... I have a feeling... That if she were to bear witness to what lies ahead, it would only cause her suffering.

Perhaps...

I hold my hand up and a ball of red energy sparks around my hand...

Wait... What the fuck am I thinking?!...

Was I seriously about to...?

Dam... This has really taken a toll on me... Hasn't it?

I begin laughing aloud at myself... Something is seriously wrong with me dammit....... What am I doing...

The only thing that could be heard was me laughing... And I was laughing... For a very long time...

——————————————

I moved on... Trudging through the snow... I didn't have it in me to kill her... And I didn't have it in me to let her die from the cold... Subaru was on my back, and Rem was in my arms...

I made it to the village minutes later... As I expected, everyone had been killed by the cultists... Some were stabbed and mutilated, others were burned alive and their charred bodies had been laid in a pile with some smoke rising out of them.

It doesn't matter what happens to them... This is a failed loop...

That's what I kept on telling myself... As long as we can save them in one of the loops...

It's okay... As long as we get to save them eventually... Everything we have done wouldn't have been for nothing... I just need to keep on gathering information... Until I know what my next move is... Nothing else matters... Nothing else-

*THUMP THUMP*

I keel over again... The pain in my chest is getting worse... There is also a burning sensation on my back...

The scales have now completely covered my arms, and the veins, I feel they have travelled up towards my neck and my cheek. 

I need to keep moving forward...

Even more time passes, I noticed, Rem stopped breathing a while ago the temperature had just dropped too low... Subaru's breathing was also getting slower and slower...

I made it to the mansion, and saw Ram's corpse in a sitting position, with a bunch of knives in her body...

I dropped Subaru and Rem and just stood there... At that moment... I had given up... I felt that I was slowly... Turning into... something else...

In the mansion ahead of me, I saw something large break out of the roof, it slowly turned to look towards me.

Puck:...Sleep... Along with my daughter...

He said...

I smiled to myself...

That's right... I no longer need to push myself... This loop is over... Everyone is dead...

Time for another loop...

——————————————

Sudden Darkness... 

Subaru must have died.

I expected to see the light of Day... But instead... It was still just dark...

However... There was no pain in my chest...

But I saw a figure ahead of me...

From what could make out... This figure was a female...

And... She was crying?? 

... It sounded like... She was trying to say something...

???: —ry... 

Huh?

???: —orry

I can see her reaching her arms out to me very slowly.

???: I'm... So... Sorry... I'm so.... sorry-

This presence... Didn't feel like the Witch of Envy... Yet... It felt somewhat... Familiar...

For some reason... I didn't resist when she embraced me... And my eyes felt... Moist... Was I... Cryi

—————————————

Kadomon: Oi, you two listening?

I gasp and blink twice... Savepoint guys voice?

Subaru: What?

Kadomon: Don't "what" me!? What's with you two? You both suddenly spaced out?

We came back...

Rem: Subaru-kun... (Y/N)-kun?

We both look to the left and see Rem holding a basket with some Appas... 

I feel my eyes, and I no longer had any tears...

We finally looped...

—————————————

The Outside of Madness

—————————————

(A/N): I thank you all for reading, hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you all next time~

Themanofculture loggin off~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 0 16
"I don't care who you are. But stay away from my girl." "Let's see whom she really belongs to..." ** What do you do when you find out that you are j...
1.3K 41 26
There is a legend about two sisters. an older one, and a younger one. The sisters are both opposites, yet their also the same. They are known as the...
48.2K 1.6K 49
She lead a rather tragic life. The black sheep of her family due to her lack of affinity for fire. Her affinity was quite the opposite. Water in fac...
115 2 39
"You will seek death but you will not find it. You will long to lose consciousness but ever present you shall stay. Finally alone you will shrivel u...