Stronger Than Us (Camren)

By Poets_XXVII_Soul

Camila and Lauren have finally found each other again after many years. Lauren is a WNBA star and Camila is... More

All These Years
Back to December
Falling for you
1000 Hands
Powerful
Privileges
Electric Love
Jealousy
Friend or Foe?
Trust Issues
Anyone
Obsessions And Lies
The Finals
Reunion
Foe
Little Secret
Passion's Fools
Who Are You?
Menace
A Walking Lie
Longing
Family
Marry You
Mischievous Plans
Dark Secrets
Broken Promises
All For Us
Somewhere Only We Know
Home
Easy
A Thousand Years (Epilogue)

It Will Rain

1K 56 43
By Poets_XXVII_Soul

*  *  *  *  *
There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long
my knees are on the floor,
So keep in mind
all the sacrifices I'm makin'
To keep you by my side
To keep you from walkin' out the door

'Cause there'll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same,
if you walk away
Everyday it'll rain

                                  *  *  *  *  *

"Camz!" The basketball player called, coming through the front door.

No answer.

"Camz!"

Again, no answer.

Where is she?

Lauren was in such a good mood she decided to take the three flights of stairs all the way up to her bedroom. Taking in a few deep breaths, she opened the double doors to her room.

"Hey, baby I-" Lauren stopped short when she saw Camila sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the carpet. There was a suitcase at the foot of the bed beside her, and she had her laptop on her lap.

Lauren studied the sight before her, confused. "Camz, what's going on?" The green eyed asked carefully.

"You promised me." Camila said in a small voice.

"Camila." Lauren spoke softly, walking slowly into the room. "What's wrong?"

"Why did you lie to me?" Camila finally lifted her head, eyes puffy and red from crying.

A sudden sting hit Lauren's heart upon seeing her girlfriend's face. She rushed over to Camila and kneeled before her.

"What's wrong, Camz?" Lauren asked softly. She placed her hands on the doctor's knees.

Camila closed her eyes, almost painfully, and shook her head. "Don't touch me right now."

Lauren removed her hands as if she had been burned. "Camz wha-"

Brown eyes met terrified green with pure intensity. "I know you're still taking pain killers."

Lauren's facial expression dropped and her heart began to beat faster. Before she could say anything the brunette press play on the laptop, and turned it towards Lauren.

The basketball player watched the video confused.

"What is this?"

Lauren saw herself go into the kitchen. "How? I don't have a security camera set up in the kitchen. Where did this come from?"

Camila remained silent and looked at her with disappointed.

The green eyed watched the video until the end and she knew she had been caught.

Silence filled the room, as Camila closed the laptop.

Lauren looked hesitantly at Camila. She was afraid of what was going to happen next. She knew she had broken a promise; A promise that seemed so simple when she made it, but was impossible to keep.

"Camila?" She spoke with uncertainty in her voice.

The doctor met her gaze. Those brown eyes that usually sparkled upon seeing her were now empty and distant.

Camila waited for Lauren to explain herself but all the basketball player could do was look at her.

What was she supposed to say?

"I'm sorry."

The doctor lowered her eyes.

"I tried to quit, Camz, I did, but.." Lauren's words failed her.

Camila swallowed the lump in her throat, as she put the laptop on the bed. She stared daggers into Lauren's eyes.

"I was in a hospital bed with a concussion and a broken arm, and you looked straight into my eyes" The doctor's voice cracked. "And you lied."

Lauren put her head down in shame. She knew Camila was right.

"How could you do that?" Camila breathed.

The basketball player hesitantly met Camila's gaze again and she saw the hurt in those brown eyes she had caused. She didn't have an answer to that question.

Camila slowly stood from the bed, her eyes burning with fresh tears.

"I think we should...we should take a break."

Lauren slowly closed her eyes and a tear escaped, rolling down her face.

"I left the engagement ring on the dresser."

"Camz, please don't." The green eyed pleaded, tears making themselves more present in her eyes. She got up and took a step towards Camila, wanting to reach out to her.

"Lauren, don't. Don't make this any harder?"

Lauren stopped. Her eyes moved to the suitcase that was next to the brunette and her bottom lip began to quiver.

"Please, Camz." Lauren sobbed, desperation in her voice. "I'll stop, I promise I'll stop. Just stay with me. Don't leave me."

Camila shook her head solemnly, unable to stop the tears from that were now falling from her eyes freely. "That's what you said before. It was lie, you're even lying to me now."

Lauren's heart was beating at a frantic pace and her palms were sweating. Her worst nightmare was becoming a reality.

The love of her life was leaving.

As Camila tried to take her suitcase, Lauren move over to stand in front of her,  and grabbed the brunette's free hand. She kissed it and pressed it against her cheek, crying in desperation.

"Camila, please. Don't leave me." She pleaded taking a hold of her arm. "I can't imagine my life without you. Without...without your smile, your eyes, and your heart. Your good heart."

Being unable to continue Lauren dropped to her knees and hugged Camila around her waist, crying harder.

Camila sniffled and took a deep breath. She knew she had to stay strong.

"Lauren, look at me." The doctor softly requested.

Slowly, Lauren raised her head. Camila's heart ached upon seeing those beautiful emerald eyes puffy and red. She bent down to be at Lauren's level and cupped Lauren's face with her hands.

"I love you, but I can't compete with this anymore, what you've become. It's stronger than us. Right now you have two loves in your life and you need to make a choice. When you figure out which one is more important, let me know."

Camila gave Lauren a soft kiss on her forehead and stand up, grabbing her suitcase and laptop holding her head high as she began to walk out of the room.

"Camz?" The basketball player whispered; her voice shaky. She heard her girlfriend's footsteps descending the stairs and her heart was breaking even more the further Camila was walking away from her.

Lauren quickly got onto her feet and ran out the bedroom looking over the railing. She saw the top Camila's head as she was reaching the second floor.

"Camz." Lauren called softly.

The brunette heard Lauren's heartfelt call, but refused to stop.

"Camila!" Lauren  called again.

The only response she received was the closing of the front door.

________________________________

Hey guys! How's your summer break going?

Hope y'all get some tissues 'cause this story only has a few chapters left 🤧

So tell me, do you like happy endings or sad endings? I'll be reading y'all comments 👀

I'll be back

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 258 11
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been best friends for years, since they were 5 years old. Camila has always thought of Lauren just like any o...
1M 63.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
165K 3.7K 44
Camila cabello is a waitress Lauren jauregui is a soccer player Lauren's coach takes the team out for dinner after winning a match, Camila catches...
259K 7.3K 35
The Cabello's and the Jauregui's are two families in a small town who hate each other, one family good, the other bad. The hatred slips down the gene...