The Lycan's Mark

By Kayy_B

Leanne (Leah) Rose Ashford loves life. She's young, free and has everything she has ever wanted. What could p... More

The Lycan's Mark **(Coming Soon)**
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Update: Please read
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Twenty-Three

6.1K 277 25
By Kayy_B

Chapter Twenty-Three

No she couldn't be, there was no way I was pregnant. I would know if there was something growing inside me.

Right?

Nina's craziness must be rubbing off on me if I was entertaining the idea. The lame prophecy Alexander mentioned wasn't real, sure there were some coincidences but that's all they were, coincidences.

Vladamir and I made a mistake with the marking and mating and though I am a little surprised and confused about Luca that didn't mean anything. Nina could have misheard him or something else could be going on. Either way the Lycans have been alive for so long, some of them will start to settle down whether it's on purpose or accident.

Nina and Gabriel's situation was an accident, neither of them planned on having a baby and then mating with each other. It's bound to happen to the others, we couldn't think it's the so-called prophecy every time something happened.

I turned to look at my crazy friend and uttered the words slowly and clearly so she understood. "I am not pregnant. I am not going to take a pregnancy test and there is no prophecy."

"I think you're wrong." Nina argued back. "I think you should check just in case."

"There's no poin-"

"Look just take one and then we can put both our minds at ease." Nina interrupted as she stood up.

"Both our minds?" I raised an eyebrow and copied her by standing up too.

"Okay fine, my mind. I'm so excited about this! I have some pregnancy test upstairs."

This time it was my turn to lose my shit. "What? Why do you have pregnancy tests here? Oh my god, are you pregnant?" My eyes immediately went down to her stomach, she didn't look pregnant but then again she didn't at the start of her first one.

"No!" Nina laughed. "We had a scare a month ago and I thought it would be a good idea to keep some at home just in case."

I eyed her warily. "You're not planning on having another baby are you?" I wasn't sure how I felt about that, there was so much chaos with one baby another would definitely be a disaster.

"No, not for a long time. Like I said we had a little scare and it's good to have some just in case."

I silently followed Nina into her bathroom, thankfully Gabriel was with Riya in her nursery so we didn't have to explain to him what we were doing. Or he could have been in their bedroom, heard all the commotion and decided to go to Riya's room to avoid us.

It felt like déjà vu except this time instead of me pacing around the bathroom it was Nina. I didn't like the look on her face, she looked too excited about this.

"What does it say? Imagine it's positive, our babies will be best friends!"

If the test said I was pregnant which I highly doubt it would, I don't think I would keep it. It was hypocritical of me to say this considering how I went in on Nina for wanting an abortion but there was a difference between us when it came to this. Nina had always been pro life and I knew at that moment when she found out she was carrying a non-human baby she panicked and blurted out that she wanted an abortion without thinking and once she got over the shock she would want to keep the baby and I was right. She did want to keep the baby it was just for a little bit where she was unsure about her decision not that anyone could blame her, she had just found out that Werewolves were real, her baby daddy was one and the baby she was carrying would be one too. Anyone in her situation would panic and make rash decisions and rightly so.

I on the other hand believed that babies should only enter this world if the parents want it and are stable in every way. Not everyone would agree with me on this but child neglect and abuse is so prominent everywhere. Why bring a baby in this world if you don't want it or can't look after it?

"Well what does it say?"

"Bloody hell, give it a minute." I muttered as I avoided looking at the test. I was confident that I wasn't pregnant but a small part of me was slowly starting to freak out.

I took in a deep breath. "Okay, it's time."

Please be negative, please be negative, please be negative.

"Fuck yes!" I screamed as I started at the negative test. "I'm not pregnant." I tossed the test at Nina who caught it with ease.

"I really thought it would be positive." Nina whispered as she stared at the results.

"Even though I didn't think it would positive a little part of me was starting to freak out. Let's celebrate! I want to get wasted tonight, actually wait I can't I'm having dinner with my parents. After that I am so going to get wasted and celebrate. I can't believe I actually got a little worried."

"I know it's not fair of me to say this but I kinda wished you were pregnant." Nina tossed the test in the bin and began to wash her hands.

"Why? Once you're pregnant your life is over!"

Nina's glare had me backtracking. "Your life isn't over, I mean for some people it is. No more alcohol, no more partying or having fun. Plus I would not make a good mum."

"I think you would make a great mum."

"Do you think Vladamir would make a great dad?" I asked as I washed and dried my hands.

Nina didn't respond but the look on her face gave away her answer. Vladamir would most definitely would not make a good dad. I wonder what he would say if he knew I had just taken a pregnancy test, I could imagine him freaking out and being in denial. I smiled as a plan formed in my head, maybe I should tell him about this?

Once Nina got over her disappointment we both headed back downstairs and spent the next few hours talking, munching on food and watching TV. Gabriel did bring Riya down after a bit and I played with her until she began to smell. As I watched Nina change her nappy I couldn't help but grimace in disgust. Yep, I'm definitely not cut out to be a mum there was no way I could do that every day.

Vladamir finally responded to my message and told me he was free to have dinner with my parents tonight. I thought he would bail on me but he said he would come over at 7pm to pick me up. I told him that I drove here but he said he would take care of it and I didn't bother to argue with him, I knew he would have someone drive the car back to our place.

Vladamir turned up exactly at 7pm but didn't enter the house, instead he sent me a text telling me to hurry up. I said my goodbyes and headed over to his car.

"That is what you are wearing?" Vladamir eyed my clothes, his face scrunched up in disapproval.

"Well hello to you too arsehole." I got into the car and slammed the door behind me. "It's dinner at my parents, I don't need to dress up."

Vladamir didn't respond as he started to drive off. My eyes trailed over his body, he was wearing a dark suit that fit him perfectly and accentuated all of him. I hate to admit it but he looked really good, a bit too good.

"So, I have something to tell you." I broke the comfortable silence between us and looked over at him.

"What Leanne?"

"Do you remember when Alexander was talking about some prophecy?"

"No." Vladamir stared straight ahead, not looking the slightest bit interested.

"Well, he said that all the Lycan will start mating and reproducing. It happened with Nina and Gabriel and now unfortunately with us." I took in a deep breath as if I was trying to compose myself. "Vladamir I have something to tell you, it's important."

This time Vladamir turned to look at me, his expressionless eyes met mine.

"Do you believe the prophecy?" I whispered trying to make my voice sound scared and cautious.

"No."

"I didn't believe it at first but I haven't been feeling too good and this morning I threw up." What I said wasn't a complete lie, I wasn't feeling that great this morning and I did throw up a little but that was due to the amount of alcohol I drank last night but he didn't need to know that.

"Why are you telling me this? I do not care."

Arse!

Would it kill him to be a little concern about why I wasn't feeling well or why I threw up?

"I went to see her because she had the same symptoms I'm having. You know, when she was pregnant."

Vladamir abruptly pulled over to the side of the road causing the driver behind us to honk his horn at us. This time Vladamir's expression wasn't so blank, he had this weird look in his eyes.

I debated on whether or not I should continue and then decided to go for it. "I took a pregnancy test."

Vladamir's eyes darted down to my stomach and he leaned in closer. He cocked his head to the side as if he was listening for something.

I took in a deep breath and tried to control myself. "I'm pregnant."

Vladamir's reaction was priceless, his blue eyes were huge and his face was filled with horror. "Blayd'." (Fuck.)

I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. "Should we keep the baby?" I placed my hand over my stomach and rubbed it slightly.

Vladamir's eyes narrowed as he watched me. He leaned in closer and practically had his head pressed against my stomach.

Vladamir pulled away and stared into my eyes and smiled softly causing me to frown. "I want to keep the baby."

Uh what?

That was not the reaction I was expecting, I thought he would freak out and panic or tell me to get rid of the non-existent baby. Instead he was smiling at me and looked...happy.

This joke didn't seem funny anymore, it felt cruel and if I continued it I would be the biggest bitch ever.

"Look Vladamir." I began to say, my voice low and cautious but this time I wasn't faking it. "I did take a pregnancy test but I'm not pr-"

"Quiet Leanne." Vladamir raised his hand in the air to stop me from talking and leaned in again. "I can hear it."

I blinked at him. "You can hear what?"

He caressed my stomach, his touch was so light and soft.

"I can hear the baby."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: Second upload of the day! I thought since I have not uploaded here for a while I would upload twice :) 

What did you think of the chapter? I hope you liked it!

What do you think is going to happen next?

To read ahead please go to www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I really appreciate the support

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
3.1K 248 18
Coy didn't know the difference between herself and her pack members. As far as she was concerned they were the same, they were family. She had always...
26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
72.2K 3.5K 75
What if all your life you were told your future was bright? That you were perfect luna-to-be, that the boy you love should according to all signs be...