A Vampire's Pride

By glazeisaunicorn215

"Kilian Vergio." I whisper his name, almost frightened to say it. The fire flickers as I stare at the summoni... More

A Vampire's Pride
The Summoning
Strike A Deal
The Disappearance
The Satanic Voyage
Portal To Holdrex
Meeting Maybe Claire
Dick Measuring
War And Destruction
Will Be Abrupt When
Ice & Flame
Darkness Whispers
On My Knees
Crushing On Evil
Girl Talk
Traitorous Help
Trapped and Frustrated
Devilish Minds, Tortured Thoughts
The Spirit Of The Door
Game plan
By The River
The Gateway
The Half Breed
Raging frost
Grave And Stone
Trek to Tenora
Crescendo Shattering
Who Can You Trust
Old Friends
Under The River
Murderous eyes
A Father's Tracks
Deceit Of A Demon
Bandaged Wounds
Ruler Of Cyron
The Raksha's Request
One Step Closer
The Faded Sign
Cats Of Curiosity
Black Cauldron Spirits
Bad And Groovy
The Interruption
Bitter Sweet Taste
A Date With Doom
Where Townfolk Talk
Spun Golden Thread
Tonight We Scheme
Volcanic Rock And Barbegazis
Jewel Of Blood Red
Sentimental Sentinels
Betrayal Has A Name
All The Way Up
Facing truth
You Again
At My Mercy
Just A Little Breakage
The Best For Criminals
Hail For The New King |18+
In The Afterwake
Luminescent Cobalt Blue
For The Love Of A Daughter
No Trust For The Wicked
A Villain Is One Of Us
The Miscalculation
Somebody's Fool
Three Kings At War
The Scene Unfolds
Captive Dragon
Enemy In Law
The Initiation Ritual
A Plea From Silent Lips
Glory To The King
A New Home

Blood Amongst Kin

1.8K 122 12
By glazeisaunicorn215

Viola's POV

It's odd how one with the power to freeze things can become frozen as well. Frozen, tense, mortified— and yet; so very enthralled.

          Kilian was dark, evil, a redemption arc for someone willing to believe in him. A demon king.

       Callence was intense, smoke and flame hollowing me out— a blue in his eyes that spread like liquid lightening. And worst of all? He had been charming. Kilian knew I found him charming.

        Kilian... knew.

      Is this why he'd told me to stay away from Callence? The half demon half warlock who'd been willing to let me be in Kilian's arms if that would make me happy.

      I felt sick.

      And most of all? That guilt that I had felt the moment I'd woken up tangled in Kilian's arms— it made sense.

         "Fuck." I swore sharply.

       "Well that's not the reaction I think a man wants when his betrothed figures out they're mates." A feminine voice drawls out from the entrance of the infirmary. Claire.

I look up and take in Claire's appearance. Vibrant and cheeks filled with a natural blush and holding a tray of some kind of lunch sandwiches; I guess that's how I'd assume one wakes up when they're bonded with their fated mate.
Double fuck.

"Buffalo chicken and cheddar cheese triangles anyone?" She holds up the tray sheepishly, glancing at me apologetically.
"I didn't mean to overhear that last bit, but... are you okay?" She asks slowly as I watch her wide eyed.

I lift my hand to cover my mouth as both of them watch me in silence. My hand manages to turn my next sentence into chicken squalor, but I still mumble it out.

"I fawkjed kilmmn" I say, filled with shame once again.

"What was that buttercup?" My dad leans forward in concern as Claire furrows her eyebrows together.

"You forged killing him?" She says, and then makes a weird face.
"If you're worried about making illegal documents—" she starts to rush out, but I cut her off.

"I fucked Kilian!" I say sharply, dropping my hand to my lap. My chest contracts and my lungs burn, embarrassment filling me to my core.
"Oh my god— I thought he was my mate— I'm an awful person. I was warned and I slept with him anyway." I rush out and drop my head into my hands as the room is blanketed in utter silence.

Jiminy cricket could be too toeing past us and we'd hear it in this silence.

         My father leans back slowly, the bed letting out a loud creak.
       Claire let's out a low whistle, eyes averted as I sigh.

       "Well," my father clears his throat awkwardly. "Atleast you can say that you have options?" He offers weakly.

      My head snaps up and suddenly I'm tempted to snatch the other eyeball from his skull and throw it across the room like a handball.

"Options? Yeah, an option would be my 'fated mate' not wanting me because I'm no longer a virgin and the other option is growing old with someone you have feelings for but you know will never be that mate connection even though he popped your cherry!" I say in faux cheer as my father chokes on his saliva.

"I think this is more of a girl talk." Claire chimes in, hiding a small grin from my father.
"Come on Vi, I can make some Frappuccino's. I remember you like coffee, yeah?" She says gently, beckoning me over with one hand.

As I move to stand on my shaky legs my father opens his mouth once more.

"... can I have a sandwich before you go?" He asks as my eyes roll on their own accord.
Claire smothers a smile and walks over and places the tray down next to him, she reaches down and gives him a kiss on the head; already seeming to fit into a daughterly role.

I take it into account seeing as it took me so many years to not cringe before uttering the words 'I love you' to him. She must be better with displaying emotions— unfortunately I'm an awkward toad when it comes to familial love; unless of course my dad has just been rescued from being tortured by a demon king— I'll always make an exception for that.

I sigh as Claire gestures me forward, a gentle smile on her face as my emotions rage on my face.

If Kilian isn't my mate, why did I fall into his bed so easily?

Once we're out in the hallway I force myself to speak up and say exactly that; my voice sounding raspy as it comes out.
She cringed slightly and bites her lip.

"Well Vi, mate or no— we aren't invincible when it comes to attractive men and crushes. You slept with him because you had lust for him... seeing as you don't have a bond with your—" she says lowly as I interrupt.

"Callence." I say, limbs shaking. I tap my fingertips together in anxiety, counting from one to ten. The quicker I go the less anxiety I get, but this time it seems to not be working.
I catch Claire glancing at my fingers, eyeing me with no judgement— just thoughtfulness.

"Viola, you don't have a relationship with Callence yet." She says gently, a small smile gracing her lips.
I look at her uneasily as we continue to move forward in our stride toward the kitchen, steps slow. It felt almost the same as it was when she was walking me through the halls of the castle, to possible doom. I take notice at her word, yet. Would there be a yet? Or could I decline him and keep Kilian? Was rejecting mates a thing here?

Did I want to reject his claim?

"I've still met him before. Shouldn't it have clicked at first sight?" I say hesitantly, feeling like I just cheated on someone. The pit in my stomach won't ease, and I can't stand feeling this way— did I feel like I cheated on Callence or Kilian?

"No no, I don't think it works that way. It didn't click for me at first anyways." She giggles as she leads me through a doorway and into a room with a kitchen.
"I just thought Atty was a sexy piece of meat— and he'd charmed me." A faint smile plays on her lips, a light shining in her eyes as she recalls meeting him.
"I wasn't even awake when I'd first met him, he was saving me and I was fainting. When I awoke, I was wary of him but yet... still attracted. No mate bond had clicked. I'm not even sure when it clicked."

She makes her way around the kitchen counter as I sit on one of the barstools next to the island. A worker behind the kitchen counter eyes her warily as Claire sends her a bright sly smile and begins to make me a coffee.

"I told you already blondie, you aren't allowed behind the counter-" the worker starts, seeming exhausted just by having to speak up.

"Oh hush hoagie, I'll be out of your hair in a second. Nobody taught you how to share?" Claire says with a mischievous smile as 'hoagie' grinds her teeth.

"It's Hoagerth" she says heatedly.

"Potato potahto." Claire waves her away.

         It seems like steam is starting to make its way out of Hoagerths ears as she wrinkles her nose and balls up her fists.
      "I fuckin hate tourists." She growls out and turns on her heel, aggressively tearing off her apron and throwing it on the ground.
       "I'm going on break. Make yourself useful and cover for me." She says over her shoulder, red hair ruffling as her eyes flash black.

          "No need for the colorful language hoagie. And no probs, I've always wanted to have a part time job." Claire clicks her tongue and makes finger guns as Hoagerth stomps away, still fuming.

Claire glances at me with a wicked humorous twinkle in her eye.
"Anyways," she starts up again. I can't help the genuine smile that breaks out onto my face as I release a small chuckle.
"I once let a guy in the third grade touch my boobs, I think his name was like billy or something— anyways, Atty found out because I confessed my sins before almost dying while dangling from a chandelier—" she's about to continue but my eyebrows furrow.

"Sorry," I hold up my palm. "How the hell did you reach a chandelier?" I ask incredulously. Claire smiles cheekily at me as she pauses in making my drink and leans toward me.

"Whoever constructed Atty's castle made vents. He instructed his wolf guards to watch me because he didn't want to give me info that I wanted, so I escaped the guards by crawling into the vents while they were occupied talking each other up." She grins.
"There was a vent leading to the very top of the chandelier. Whoever made that was an idiot, but I guess I took it too far when I dangled on the chandelier to cause some trouble. Long story short, Atty came home to find me dangling in a panic and I confessed my sins." She snorts.

I nod, slightly confused.

"The point to this story," she takes a big gulp of air. "Is that he can't hold anything against you if the mate claim hadn't even sunken in yet. You are faultless for your actions before a relationship... and I don't want you feeling guilty for trying to discover pleasure instead of waiting for something you didn't even know existed." She finishes, sighing and putting a Frappuccino in front of me. She starts to drizzle caramel on top of it as my mouth waters.

       I grin, ease filling my shoulders as I look up at Claire.

         "You're a peach, you're a doll, and I love you." I say happily yet slightly shocked that I feel comfortable enough to say it to a family member so soon. I can't help the swell of affection that fills my chest as she grins down at me.

        "Anything for my fave little sis." She winks.

      As I take sips of the drink in front of me my mouth is filled with caramel caffeine goodness as I moan in satisfaction.
      "Maybe you should work here full time." I comment as we're both reduced to giggles.

           Our family bonding is cut short as Hoagerth comes stumbling back toward us, eyes wide.

            "Hoagie, you're back so soon." Claire says in confusion.

           "Yeah, I went out for my smoke break but two maniacs are going at it in the back." She says eyes darting back and forth between me and Claire.
      The energy oozing from Hoagerth makes me nervously put down my drink on the island.

      "Okay— like going at it having sex or—" Claire starts slowly, but gets cut off.

      "Going at it like fists and blood, blondie. And one of the maniacs is the guy that came in with her last night." She jabs a finger toward me.

      The last words Callence had said to me echo in my mind;
     'I'm going to kill him.'
      'Something that wasn't his to take.'

          Suddenly on my feet rushing toward the direction Hoagie came from, Claire hot on my heels.

        That sounds a lot like Callence and Kilian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 6.7K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
2K 402 36
I made my way to the kitchen as usual and opened the fridge and grabbed a drink. My mom was usually in here,preparing a snack for my brother and I bu...
1K 11 37
I twist the end of the red strings that tie around my neck. My red hood flying behind me, as if wings. I hear a loud creak and turn around quickly. T...
78K 2K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...