Not Our World (Harry Potter F...

由 yemihikari

In fixing up the Granger home before returning her parents memories, Hermione comes across the antique mirror... 更多

Introduction
Beware Mirrors
Missing Pieces
Orange Fluffy Goodness
Best Layed
Fates
Lost
Computer Web
Forumlating Plans
Prattling
Platform
Little Things
In Plain Sight
Luck of Ilk
Guessing
Good Morning
Classed
Oddity
Limits
Being Regulus
That Again
Beginnings

Not so Good

13 1 0
由 yemihikari

She regretted bringing up Inferi the moment the creature slipped from her tongue.

The moment she mentioned Infiri, Regulus stiffened, his eyes widening in horror, which confirmed for Hermione that he had indeed been to the cave; that part hadn't changed, yet seeing the look of fear there—she couldn't help but feel bad. His mouth hung open while some of the others stared.

Ron whispered. "Why would you bring that one up?"

She needed to come up with a reason, only for her mouth to hang open, unable to come up with a logical reason to bring up Inferi of all things, while the entire class stared at her. "It's in the book we got, so that's not the problem." She said, "I randomly opened my book, and there it was."

"Teacher's pet," Parkinson said, smirking at her. "But it seems it backfired, didn't it."

To which Hermione turned her head to look at Regulus. "Professor?"

He was shaking but looking at her as Parkinson said, "Well, aren't you going to take points away from her, Professor?"

Hermione stared, struck by that sudden disappointment as she looked right into his gray eyes. "Why? I don't like him. I mean, he's not a bad sort, so is it more of guilt from making him have a complete and utter meltdown? It's like..."

"Professor," Draco stood up, but Hermione could tell he was angry looking at him.

"See. Even Malfoy thinks..."

"Shut up, Parkinson!" Draco snapped. "Uncle Regulus, snap out of it!"

"I think someone should get another professor," someone muttered while Hermione looked at the desk.

"Of course, he'd be mad. His mother was a Black, so it shouldn't be surprising he'd call his mother's first cousin uncle, but I wouldn't be surprised if Regulus Black were his godfather in this timeline." Hermione looked at the desk, frozen, the whispers—

"What's going on? Professor Black? Whatever is the matter?"

"Granger mentioned Inferi. And then this happened," someone said.

"Inferi of all things?" Professor McGonagall sighed, stepping forward and taking Regulus by his arm. "I don't know why that creature, of all of them you teach about, would put you this out of sorts." She then looked up at the students. "Well, while I take Professor Black to the infirmary, I suggest you first years make yourselves familiar with the school library." Which, of course, brought on groans from Harry and Ron. "And I'll have a perfect stop by and ask Pince, the school librarian, to take attendance, so no sneaking off."

"Thanks a lot, Hermione," Ron muttered. "I mean, the library."

"Wait. Professor," Draco stepped over, his ordinarily pale features paler than usual. He opened his mouth to ask if he could go with him but froze, looking at the ground.

McGonagall turned, frowning. "Mr. Malfoy?"

"You know my mother's a Black, right?"

"He'll be fine, Mr. Malfoy, but I'm sure you are already aware of how he can be at times."

"Be at times?" Hermione turned, frowning.

"I'd heard rumors," Parkinson whispered. "And yet he's the head of our house."

"Shut up, Parkinson!" Draco snapped, turning to glare at her.

"Oh, how the mighty house of Black has..."

"Enough. Fifty points from Slytherin, Mrs. Parkinson, but I suggest finding a way to make it up to your house and your head. Contrary to what you see, Professor Black is quite competent and intelligent. He's..." She frowned. "Some were affected by the war more than others."

"That might be an understatement," Hermione said, picking up her bookbag, nor did she look anyone in the eye as she headed to the library, which was her solace from many things. "Just my luck; Harry and Ron won't want to talk to me." When she got there, she saw the computers and decided to head over, whereas most of those who came and signed in with Pince avoided.

"You're into those things?" Lavender wrinkled her nose.

"Of course. She's a Muggleborn," Parkinson said, sneering at her.

"You say that as if a Pureblood wouldn't know how to use a computer," one of the other girls said, though Hermione only recognized Parkinson and Bulstrode.

"Shut up and stop defending her Greengrass," Parkinson snapped.

"I know, but..."

"Stop sniveling," Parkinson barked back.

"Quiet! Just to let you know, I can hand out detentions just as well as any of the Professors, but I won't hesitate to use that option since I can't kick you first years out as I usually would for making too much noise.

"The question is, why didn't she get a detention," Parkinson said with a snide tone, only for Pince to give her detention in response, which allowed Hermione to be at the computers. However, she noticed her eye that Dean Thomas was showing Seamus Finnigan how to set up the computer, yet it surprised her to see Blaise Zabini at the computers.

"What?" Zabini said, noticing her staring.

"I'm just surprised, given what Parkinson said," Hermione said. "That's all."

Dean and Seamus looked up at this conversation. Zabini sneered. "Well, you thought wrong."

And that was the end of the conversation. Still, it should have given her pause to think of the possibility even before she found out—that Seeker-of the Future was a Slytherin, yet just as her icon picture was surrounded by red, his was surrounded by green. Then, she stared for a bit, "Crabbe and Goyle are too stupid. Which leaves Zabini, who didn't act like he's the one, though he might be saving face, or it could be Nott, though that's not much better, or it could be..."

A message appeared. "You did that on purpose. You knew it would do that, Granger."

"I didn't know Professor Black would have a complete meltdown. I thought he would react," Hermione typed out as she remembered Draco was a seeker. "Are you Malfoy?"

"And what if I am?" The words stung, but she hated trusting an enemy. "Why did you bring up Inferi? It wasn't because it was the first thing you read because we both know it's been seven years since you read your DADA book, although that was never your strong point."

"It had to do with how he died in the world we're from," Hermione wrote.

"Bloody Merlin, Granger."

"I'm sorry."

"Not the person you need to apologize to."

"I know. I can't..." Hermione erased the "I can't." And instead wrote. "I almost forgot I can send an apology via Owl Mail on the computer, though I'll still apologize personally the first chance I get." She hoped that would get Draco off her case, but then...

When she returned from sending the relatively short apology without using the word Inferi, she found another message. "Look. I'm still upset with you, but given your reason, I do know there wasn't any ill intent on your part."

To which she didn't respond. She didn't know how to react to Draco being polite.

"Can I ask something," came another post from him.

"Depends."

"Regarding how he died, did it have anything to do with destroying those objects that were keeping the Dark Lord alive?"

"You don't know what they're called?" Hermione asked.

"No. I've never come across that in father's library, though there may be something in one of the Black family libraries, though I never really got to look at them."

"They're called a Horcrux. And yes. In our world, he did die so that one of the Horcrux would be destroyed."

"I wish I could tell my mother. I mean my mother from the other world. Uncle Regulus' death never set well for her."

"I'm surprised you know how to use a computer," Hermione wrote.

"I don't. Following the instructions in the letter was rather easy, but it's going to be a problem."

"Why? Because it's a Muggle thing?"

"No. Because apparently, I do know how to use computers in this world. Which makes sense given the Prewett's are cousins of the Black family through Aunt Lucrittia—also a cousin, and apparently, Uncle Regulus is majorly into this computer thing."

"Do you think computers are the reason Regulus Black is alive?" Hermione asked.

Draco didn't respond right away but then dropped an unexpected bombshell. "It's why they're all alive. My Uncle Regulus and the Prewett brothers. And somehow, that led to Harry Potter's parents being alive. Now, if you don't mind, I'm still trying to figure out how to use a computer, so I don't stand out during Computer and Muggle Studies, which we happen to share."

Hermione frowned, wondering if that meant they wouldn't be attending Potions together.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

448K 20.8K 15
❝ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩...
116K 5.1K 77
❝𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦?❞𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳. 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪...
11.9K 342 29
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
212K 10.9K 95
- ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...