Artificial Life: Two Wolves |...

By lilacnishimura

FIRST BOOK OF ARTIFICIAL LIFE SERIES "I'm a hybrid. And I have two wolves." Is it really possible to shift in... More

Introduction
Prologue
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e

t w e n t y - s i x

561 46 15
By lilacnishimura

[A/N]: Apparently I cannot update this Tuesday so I dropped it today instead.

JUNGWON's POV

''I'll just go and find Sunoo then we---''

''No. Stay. We have already planned the night. Nothing's getting canceled.'' Jay cut me. I rather scratched my head because this is family matters and I shouldn't be here but Jay hyung doesn't want to let go of my hand.

''It's fine, you can stay. It's not going to be long anyway.'' The woman showed a reassuring smile. I didn't like arguing with adults so now I can't do anything than to sit down.

''What do you want from me?'' Jay coldly asked as soon as we sat down the sofa in the living room, facing this woman who claimed to be my mate's mother. I slightly nudged Jay hyung for his disrespectful approach. Then I heard him clear his throat, sign that he understood me so he sat properly as he was waiting for his 'mother's' reply.

''I'm here to beg your forgiveness, Jay. It was so cruel of me to leave my own son. Please, Jay. Please give me another chance.'' She got on her knees and clasped her palms together. But Jay hyung doesn't seem convinced.

''W-why? Why did you l-left us then? If you knew that it was c-cruel then why d-did you do it?'' Jay hyung argued. It was evident on his tone that he would breakdown any moment so I rubbed his back to comfort him, it was the least I could do.

''I was young and naïve back then, Jay. I got sick of my life and wanted to just vanish from the world. I wasn't thinking properly and I admit, I made a huge mistake for abandoning you.'' The woman now began crying then I internally panicked because I don't like seeing crying people in front of me and it damned me because I can't do anything about it.

''Young? Naïve? Oh come on. There's gotta be other than that. Just admit it.'' Jay accused which made my eyes widen. I can't help but to tug the hem of his shirt because he was now being below the belt.

''Hyung..'' I softly called and held his left arm. I know I shouldn't be meddling but he's being harsh now and to think it was towards his mother.

''It's okay sweetie.'' His mother said and looked at me with a sorrowful smile.

''It's time for Jay to know.'' She added. Know what? Jay hyung then raised a brow.

''Know what?'' He asked. His mother then fixed her posture and looked at Jay hyung right in the eye.

''Me and your father are not mates.'' She cracked which made our minds blown.

''That can't be...'' Jay hyung couldn't hold back his tear.

''WHO TOLD THIS WOMAN THAT SHE CAN COME IN?!'' Someone suddenly shouted which made us flinch. We looked behind us and realized that it was Alpha Jinyoung, Jay hyung's dad.

''D-dad, tell me she's lying.'' Jay said in a hushed voice, almost sounding like a whisper.

''Tell him the truth, Jinyoung. Tell my son that we aren't mates and that we were just arranged for this damn pack's sake!'' She screamed. Alpha Jinyoung's face paled as Jay stood up and looks at him lifelessly.

''Son I---''

''IS. IT. TRUE?'' Jay hyung cut his father's words with sharp piercing glares.

''Yes. But--''

''What am I then? I lived only to continue your damn bloodline? Hah, makes sense. All my life, I was treated as nothing anyway. My mother abandoned me as soon as I learned how to walk. And my father who stayed and raised me, yes, but only for his own sake. Wow, what an ideal life.'' Jay hyung walks out as everyone was stilled in the living room, Not knowing what to do.

''I'll ..talk to him.'' I excused myself and followed my mate's scent trail which led me to his room. I called his name and cautiously opened the door when I felt it opened. I found him sitting on his bed.

''Hyungie~'' I immediately scooted closer and engulfed him in a tight hug.

''Sorry you have to witness that, Wonie. I should've let you go to Sunoo if I only knew.'' He hugged back and rested his head on my shoulder.

''It's fine, hyung.'' I patted his back softly. We still haven't let go from the hug for a few but then I heard him sobbing.

''Let it all out, hyung. You're okay. I'm here.''

''I just don't get it. My life is a whole lie. I don't know what to do anymore.''

''I know, I know. We'll figure something to work it out, hmm?'' As I continued to whisper sweet nothings, he then finally stopped crying for a good hour or two.

''Nothing's wrong with not being mates as long as you genuinely love each other, the Moon Goddess might reconsider that. But marrying just because of the stupid bloodline? Now I know why my life seems to be cursed.'' Jay hyung muttered underneath his breath but it was audible enough for me to hear. I then caressed his cheek with my right hand and looked at him straight in the eye.

''Hyung, look at me. You are not cursed, okay? Don't say that.'' I softly said, not wanting it to sound inconvincible.

''I am. Just look at me. I've always been miserable. Even my mate doesn't want me.'' He answered. I felt a pang of guilt when he said the last part.

[What makes you think we don't want you, mate? Jungwon please explain it to him. I-It's hurting me seeing him like that.] Jungseo told me at the back of my head.

[I know Jungseo. I'm sorry too. But I think this is not the right time to confess everything. He's already shaken from the previous events. I don't want to become another burden. But I'll try my best to comfort him.] I replied back receiving whimpers from both of my wolves.

''Well, atleast I got you.'' Jay hyung suddenly stated which caught me off guard. We finally broke the hug so I looked away to hide my flustered face.

''Awe, my Jungwonie is blushing.'' He added and lightly giggled which made me smile. Atleast that cheered him up.

[Ni-ki, is Sunoo still there?] I linked Ni-ki because I'm too lazy to open my phone now.

[Yep. He was kinda stranded here in my room because I kinda heard a commotion downstairs regarding the Alpha's family so I can't let him out.] He linked back as I mentally sighed knowing that it wouldn't be that awkward now that Sunoo is still here too.

'I think we have to stay the night.' I thought as I looked at the time and saw that it was already pass 10p.m.

''Hyung, I don't think me and Sunoo can go home at this hour. Can we stay the night?'' I turned to Jay hyung as he beamed at me before answering.

''That would be great. Tell your parents though. We don't want Blue Lagoon Pack sending warriors here to get you two.'' We shared a laugh as I did what I was told to. Mom and Sunoo's parents fortunately agreed despite the short notice. So we decided to just watch something entertaining for the meanwhile.

But then my stomach just had to embarrass me when it growled loudly and I am sure Jay hyung heard it.

''We totally forgot to eat. I'll tell the maids to bring the food we bought and eat at Ni-ki's room.'' Jay hyung suggested making me simply nod and flew to Ni-ki's room. Jay hyung went ahead since I don't know where Ni-ki's room is so I just tailed him and saw him open a door similar to his without knocking.

''Hey, Niks, let's eat the food we bou---oops.'' Jay hyung turned back and closed the door again.

''Why hyung? Why did you turned back? Let me--''

''Uhh let's wait for the food here first.'' He awkwardly chuckled and blocked the door. I'm sure he saw something in there. Now I can't with my curiosity.

''What the heck hyung! I said knock before going in---Oh hi Jungwon!'' Ni-ki opened the door and smiled awkwardly too. I furrowed my brows at them. Something smells fishy in here.

''Come in! We're just binge watching a netflix series.'' Ni-ki then fully opened the door and let us in. I saw Sunoo on the bed while munching to cheeseballs, though his hair was disheveled like he just woke up.

''Wonie!!'' Sunoo exclaimed which made us cover our ears.

''Oooops sowwyyy~'' He cutely giggled and patted his side signaling me to sit beside him which I did.

''As I was saying, we bought food on our way home so let's eat together here. I already told the maids to bring it here.''

''Hyuuuung! I just cleaned here!'' Ni-ki started to whine and stomp his feet playfully.

''Oh, didn't know you know how to clean. Besides, Sunoo is already eating here, why isn't he scolded?'' Jay hyung retorted while raising his brow pointing to Sunoo who was eating cheeseballs.

As Ni-ki was about to answer, we heard several knocks on the door so he couldn't continue. Jay hyung just smirked in victory and opened the door which was the maids holding food. We huddled up on the floor and started eating. And that's how we spent the night.

JAY's POV

''Okay so..Jungwon and Sunoo, you sleep here at Ni-ki's room. Ni-ki and I will sleep at mine.'' I stated but Ni-ki immediately linked me.

[Hyung! But I want here in my room.] He whined through the linked which made me mentally sigh.

[Okay and? You'll act lovey dovey in front of Jungwon and whine the next day when he bust you two?]

[Can't Jungwon sleep at yours? Come on hyung I know you want it to~ Please?] He pleaded with his eyes and a visible pout when I looked at him.

I looked at Jungwon and Sunoo who were about to arrange the bed and looked back at Ni-ki. I sighed in defeat.

''Uhm, Jungwon? Can you switch with Ni-ki? I forgot he...can't sleep when he' not in his room.'' I awkwardly smiled as Ni-ki beamed at me.

''Oh uhm..sure. I mean...it's his room anyway. But what about Sunoo?'' Jungwon looks unconvinced but fortunately drops it.

''Sunoo can stay here, they'll probably just find a way to be both comfortable.'' I patted Ni-ki's shoulder, asking for support. He then also nodded.

''Okay well, nighty night Ddeonu!'' Jungwon hugged Sunoo while me and Ni-ki was adored by the sight.

Me and Jungwon then made our way to my room. I straightly rummaged through my closet and pulled out a sleeping bag.

''You sleep on the bed, I'll be on the floor.'' I said and shove him carefully on my bed.

''But this is your bed. I'll sleep on---''

''Exactly. My bed, my rules. G'night Won.'' I cut him and tucked myself in the sleeping bag. Jungwon didn't argue anymore and switched off the lamp.

''Nighty night, hyung.'' Jungwon whispered which made me smile.

But then the events earlier this evening replayed on my head. It kept me up for I don't know how long. I don't know if I woke Jungwon up or he wasn't sleeping yet when he turned to my direction.

''Can't sleep, hyung?'' He asks softly. I just hummed and sort out the words I wanna say. I honestly want to share my side of the story but I don't know how, nor I don't know who. But on the second thought, I can trust Jungwon so why not.

''Jungwon?'' I asked. This time he hummed as a response too.

''What will you do if you're in my position?''

''Well, I experienced being raised by a solo parent too, you know my dad died when I was a young. If I were to be in your foot and my dad came back for me, I'd say I'll give it a chance even though he did something that could possibly break me. As for my mom who raised me, I'll be forever grateful because she endured a lot. You know it's hard to raise a child without your spouse. But I guess your situation is a lot more harder than mine so I don't know, it depends on you hyung. What does your heart say?'' He answered. Dang, he experienced that? I sense there's something more behind his story but I decided to just drop it for now.

But what does my heart say?

''My heart? I'm confused either but if I'm being honest, I really want to experience a mother's love.'' I carefully answered. He showed me a warm smile before talking.

''Then there you have it. You have an answer.'' We stared at each other's eyes and that's how we fell asleep.

Thank you, Wonie. I don't know what to do without you. Why can't you be my mate? Moon Goddess, can't Jungwon just be my mate?

|to be continued|

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

[A/N]: What do you think Jay saw in Ni-ki's room? I want you to suffer so I'm not revealing it here HAHAHAHA catch it on the second book ciao~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 121 12
Jungwon was a late bloomer. He was stubborn level-headed, strong, and a great leader. But despite doing his job like no other ever could, only prese...
31.7K 1.6K 23
°°°°°° A Lonely Mateless and No Wolf Jungkook. His Wolf Died With Parents At The Age Of 12. He was Comatose For a Month. waking Up With No Parents...
94.3K 6.5K 48
ELITE SERIES #2. ONGOING. ENHYPEN JAY. ❝Move on. Just fvcking move on and stop being delusional. She's dead.❞ Park Jongseong had thought that he had...
7.4K 330 28
In exactly 100 years later, a baby girl will be born, under the moonlight of the full moon. The child will be a hybrid of a witch and a werewolf, whi...