Proms Are Magical

By Lashton_Muke_5Sos

What happens when a girl meets the boy she's been dreaming of? What happens when she finds out he's been thin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

9

0 0 0
By Lashton_Muke_5Sos

D'Anna's POV

"Luke what are you doing!" Ashton yelled as Luke completely missed the pins.

"I'm not very good at this."

"Yeah we can tell." I patted Luke's back and took my turn.
Got a strike.

"Calum, Alice please, Michael and I will trade you Luke for D'Anna." Ashton pleaded.

"Sorry, but she's my star player." Alice side hugged me.

"Guess some people just aren't meant to be good at everything."

"Excuse me? What was that D'Anna?" Luke raised an eyebrow.

"You heard me Lucas." I smirked and looked at his marvelous structure, when he suddenly frowned I scrunched my eyebrows, sitting on the table.

"Surprise!"

"Nicky!" I jumped off to hug him.

"Hey beautiful, is there any chance I can play?"

"Of course, but on Luke's team because they need all the help they can get." I joked.

"Haha very funny but I'm not that bad.'' The whole group bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Ok just shut up."

The game was getting intense after Nick joined, he was almost as good as me. Almost. We were neck and neck and it was up to me or Luke to win this for our teams.

"Ready to lose Hemmings?"

"I'm sorry but I don't lose to girls other than Michael."

"Well there's a first time for everything right." I took a deep breath and aimed my ball. I quickly shot it and once again another strike by yours truly.

"Look at me Luke! If you don't knock down all the pins we lose and I do not enjoy losing Lucas." Micheal warned.

"Don't worry, I got this." Luke studied everything carefully before rolling. But once he did he got a 7 10 split.

"Ohhh yeah! Good luck with that losers." Alice cheered.

"Luke!" Ashton yelled.

"I'm sorry I suck at bowling."

"Let me help you." I walked over to him and grabbed the next ball. I guided his arm into the best position to nail a 7 10 split.

"You look pretty today." He whispered.

"What!" I let go and he threw the ball. He completely missed and Michael booed him.

"You did that on purpose." Nick accused.

"No I didn't, Luke said something."

"And what did he say?"

"That I saw a rat run across the floor. She got scared and let go." Luke quickly saved himself. I gave him a look and turned to face Nick.

"Babe, are you scared of a rat?"

"Well duh, rats are disgusting." He gave me hug and walked me back to the table.

"This sucked. I wanna eat." Micheal complained.

"You're only saying that cause you lost." Calum laughed and took a seat next to Alice.

"Whatever. Hi can we get an order of 49 wings? 7 orders of fries, 4 cokes, and 3 sprites?" Michael asked the waitress.

"Sure thing handsome." The pretty blonde waitress winked at him.

"Why 49?" Nick asked.

"Because there's 7 people so if we get 49 each person gets 7 wings." Michael said in 'duh' sort of tone. Nick rolled his eyes and clenched his fist. I rubbed his hand and looked at him. He pecked my nose and uncurled his fist.

"So Nick you're D'Anna's new boyfriend?" Luke asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"So you must know everything about her since I heard you've known each other for years."

"Yeah I do."

"What's her favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Brother's name?"

"David and Brian."

"Favorite animal?"

"Penguin."

"Middle name?"

"She doesn't have one."

"Ohhh wrong, it's Chloe. Sorry about that buddy. Maybe you'll know more about your next girlfri-"

"Luke!" Calum said in a stern tone. Everyone was tense again but the food arrived shortly.

"Thank god, eat up." We all grabbed our share of the food and began eating.

"What did you think of the game last night?"

"You did great babe."

"Well thanks. They made me captain of the jv team so I'm gonna have to quit soccer."

"You play soccer?" Calum asked.

"Yeah."

"We should play a game sometime."

"Cal that's not fair you're amazing at soccer, Nick isn't." Luke said. I shot him a glare.

"Is that a threat Hemmings?"

"It's whatever you think it is Nick."

"Don't even know my last name? Huh"

"Didn't bother to learn it, you won't be around that long." Nick got up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Nick!" I tugged on his sleeve and he sat back down.

"Leave him alone." I whispered, Luke sat there laughing as Nick calmed himself.

"Can we go?" Nick whispered in my ear. I nodded quickly and got up.

"Thanks for everything but we gotta run. See you guys at practice." I left a $20 on the table and walked out with Nick.

"I'm sorry about Luke."

"It's ok, I'm the one with the girl right?" Not like Luke even wants me.

"Right." Nick grabbed my hands and lightly squeezed them.

"Let's go back to my place." Nick tugged me towards the bus stop. A few people were there waiting until the bus came. Nick payed my way and I found a seat. The bus was unfortunatly packed and there was only one seat left for one of us.

"It's ok babe." Nick stood in front of me, towering over my smaller figure.

"I like this postion." A small lump formed in my throat. I know Nick's not a virgin, everyone knows that but I am, and I plan on staying one for a while.

"I'm just messing baby.'' He chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

"Your face was priceless." I forced a laugh to not seem like such a boring person but who am I kidding that wasn't funny.

6 stops later, we are at Nick's house with his sister watching Netflix.

"Abby leave her alone we're trying to watch the movie."

"It's ok, she's adorable. I wish I had a little sister." She stuck out her cute little tongue.

"Why do you like Nick? He's stupid and nasty."

"Well, he's not that dumb. He's kinda smart and he's not nasty when I'm around."

"Is he nice to you?"

"Yes Abby, he's very nice." she smiled and whispered in my ear.

"Ok Abby." I pinky promised.

"What?"

"Nothing watch the movie." He rolled his eyes and leaned over.

"Ewww! Stop!" Abby tried to stop us from kissing but Nick pushed her tiny body away. I smiled into the kiss as Nick pecked me quickly.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

***************

When the movie was over Nick walked me home.

"Thanks for coming over tonight and dealing with Abby."

"No she's great. If only I had a sister." Nick grabbed my hand, rubbing circles with his thumb as we got to the stoop of my house.

"See you tomorrow Tommy."

"Bye Nicky." He gave me a peck on the lips and walked away. Before I had a chance to open the door, David pulled me in.

"What the hell D'Anna! Where have you been? It's 1:30 in the morning!"

"I was with Alice and the band bowling and then Nick and I went to his house to watch movies with his sister."

"Mom is at Elliot's house but holy shit she would be pissed."

"I know ok! Just shut up and calm down. I'm almost 16, I'm not a baby."

" Exactly, almost 16. You're still a baby and don't fucking talking back to me."

"You're not my dad, I don't have to do anything you say."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"How about you show your older brother some respect."

"How about I take my respect for you and shove it up your ass!"

"D'Anna?"

"Alice? Thank god." I ran up the stairs and dragged Alice to my room.

"What is the matter with you? You never talk back to your brothers. Especially David, you always had the most respect for him."

"I'm just really stressed out and would like to go spend time with my boyfriend without having someone breathing down my neck."

"He's just protecting you."

"I don't need protection from Nick, he would never hurt me."

"Ok I get it's annoying that the first thing you hear when you get home is his yelling, but why didn't you call us to pick you up?"

"Because I knew either way David would throw a fit."

"He's just watching out for you."

"I know, I should go apologize." I sighed not wanting to swallow my pride but I was in the wrong. I walked to his room and knocked on the door.

"Go away!"

"David c'mon."

"No!"

"Please let me in."

"No!" I searched the top of the door frame for the spare key I knew he had and unlock the door.

"How did you-" he stops mid sentence as I jiggled the key in my hand.

"What do you want?" he takes the key from me and stuffs it in his pocket.

"Listen I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you, I know you just want what's best for me." his silence urged me to continue.

"I've been feeling really stressed out lately with the prom, my party, and now moms wedding. Did you know she wants to get married this Christmas? That's only 7 months away, you can't plan the wedding she wants in 7 months!"

"You're D'Anna, you always get things done. There isn't one bone in my body that doubts you won't."

"Hmm try making dad feel that way." I huffed.

"You're still on about that? Has he said anything recently? Is he texting you again?"

"No, it's just Elliot is great and all but I'm scared that he might hurt mom like how dad hurt her."

"He never would, he loves her too much."

"I guess you're right. I'm gonna go to bed, sorry for being an ass."

"You take after me." I laughed on my way towards the door after coming to a realization.

"Where's Brian?"

"Working on his science fair project in the garage, Mrs.Cannazoro nominated him to be in the nationwide competition. He has to remake his board and stuff." I nodded and went back to Alice. The rest of the night was full of junk food and laughter.

Hey guys! I'm back and I'm really really really really really really sorry about the wait but I've been grounded and now my parents are going through a divorce and my mom has to use my phone and whole bunch of stuff is happening. It feels like I've been gone for years. This is a sucky update but it's just a bad filler chapter and I'm sorry. Hope you're all have a great holiday winter break!!! All the love- Nat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 958 83
Izzy has been going through life alone for years. But, when she's introduced to someone she can't live without, everything she's ever known is flippe...
20.8K 514 43
17 year old Rebecca Hayes finds out she's adopted and tryes to find her birth parents. On her little journey she finds out she has a brother who is i...
31K 1K 26
They were living the dream, four boys travelling the world, preforming in front of thousands; not a care in the world, other than keeping their instr...
3.5K 157 16
What happens when the bully falls in love with the girl? And what will happen when the girl falls in love with the bully? Will they confess their lov...