The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 35

1.6K 81 7
By AvaFics

~*~

After the playdate, Rosh returned to his room and requested not to be disturbed by anyone except Hugo.

He sat on his bed and summoned Amros.

''Master.''

''Amros, list out those with the greatest link to the king and the highest in-line to the throne there could ever be besides the dukes.'' Rosh ordered.

''Yes, Master.''

The incstrile twirled his index finger and a horizontal paper appeared in his hand.

''There are a few individuals left excluding the royal brat from before.'' Amros cleared his throat. ''First, the Viscount Biren, descendant from the last surviving brother of the king, fourth in line to the throne if ever the left heirs of the royal family die.''

''Biren..no. They are still on high grounds, they have enough riches and they have a good life. Too good natured. Next option.''

''Next is, the young second cousin of Marquis Aphen, Lerman. Third in line to the throne, directly related to the queen's——''

''I don't want to use someone related to the Aphens, I've had enough of those gits.'' Rosh waved his hand dismissively.

''Very picky as you can be.'' Amros burned the paper with magic and crossed his arms.

''The heir of Pascano duchy is second in line after the prince, they're a duke's family, so they're out of the choices. Are there really no one else we can use?'' Rosh muttered.

''That isn't quite correct, Master.''

Amros coughed to get his Rosh's attention. ''Actually, you still have another option.''

This caught the boy's ears, he looked up to Amros with arched brows, telling him to continue, the violet eyed humanoid grinned.

''Tell me.'' Rosh said.

''The Pascano heir isn't the original second in line to the throne after the royal brat.''

''...what?''

-

***

The servants bowed their heads and opened the door to the dining hall for Hyacinth to enter. There she saw her little sister, her raven hair falling softly at the side of her shoulders.

Catherine, a pretty lady in her early twenties and the young miss' nanny, stood beside the girl's chair, supporting her body from falling and feeding her at the same time.

''My lady.'' The servants greeted Hyacinth.

The girl lifted her head, her light cerulean orbs showing perfectly.

''Sister.''

Hyacinth just nodded and sat on the chair next to her. They started eating while Catherine continued to feed the girl.

In the middle of their dinner, the window suddenly opened and Carlos jumped in. Everyone almost attacked him before stopping when they saw who it was.

''Carlos..'' Hyacinth said before the nanny took the win.

''Carlos, you rude idiot! Have you gone mad? The ladies are in the middle of dinner, have some manners. And why are you going through the window?! Doors exist if I may tell you! What if the young miss fell down of shock? What if she had a seizure? What if——!''

''H-Hold on, calm down, Catherine. I-I apologize my lady, young miss..''

Carlos lost his usual composure and put his hand at the back of his neck. He was embarrassed on how his older sister just scolded him infront of their masters.

Hyacinth rolled her eyes and shrugged. ''It's fine.''

She waved her palm vertically, telling him to proceed to his purpose of visit. Carlos immediately transformed into the serious and aloof guy before glancing over the servants present. Hyacinth noticed his cautious signal and looked at the servants. ''All of you, leave.''

Without question, everyone, excluding Catherine and the young girl, scurried out of the hall and closed the doors.

Just like her brother, and despite being a nanny, Catherine is also a skilled person that is strong enough to protect herself and the young miss against enemies. The very reason why she is allowed to listen to such informations without trouble.

The young girl, on the other hand, was believed to not have any strength to even interfere. She was a prodigy not too long ago, but now, everyone even her sister underestimates her just because of this stupid problem in her blessing.

Also, everything about the discussion directy involves her and her health. Everything Hyacinth does is to find an alternative cure that could replace the effect the Spring's Eye could give. So that they could at least lessen the risk of her life.

Hyacinth looked at Carlos. ''Report the issue.''

Catherine continued to feed her young miss who had nothing but a tired, blank look. Not shown to them, the girl listened attentively to their conversation.

''Yes, m'lady.'' Carlos said and bowed. ''We....have lost track of the great mage, Hryde, my lady.''

''How? Were you not careful enough?''

''My lady we are very careful not to be found.'' Carlos began his explanation. ''Actually, we have lost him for quite a while——err, for a long time. But we tried to find him as hard as we can, just incase, before reporting the issue to you. I apologize, m'lady.''

''I don't want this to happen again. Next time, send me an immediate news. You are not to move without my orders, do you understand?'' Hyacinth reminded him sternly making Carlos bow his head lower.

''Yes, m'lady. I apologize.''

Hyacinth nodded and took one last bite of her meal before standing up and walking towards the doors. She stopped a foot away from the exit. She looks back at Catherine who is wiping the corners of her sister's mouth. ''Catherine, take her back to her room right after. Don't tire her out, it's not healthy.''

''Yes, my lady.'' Catherine said. Hyacinth nodded before leaving, Carlos followed behind her shortly.

While she, who heard her sister's words can't help but clench her jaw. 'Don't tire her out? It's not healthy? Does she think I'm that weak?' Yes, she may have been a lot less stronger compared to before, but that doesn't mean she's weak!

''Miss, let's go back.'' Catherine said.

The girl just sighed softly and nodded. Catherine supported her out of the dining hall and went towards the direction of the young miss' room.

...

Night fell and so did the wake eyes of everyone in the isolated estate, all except one.

She sat on her room alone, her long raven hair gripped by her thin little arms as she breathed deeply.

Frustration filled her heart. Frustration towards everything that made her stuck in this stupid situation, frustration towards the power given to her at the cost of her health. What's the point of having power, when she isn't even strong enough to use it?

''..why...? Just why!'' She shouted in a whisper as tears pooled her eyes. ''Damn it, damn it, damn it!''

Hitting her chest multiple times, she sobbed in grief as she whispered to herself. ''Weak! Why are you so weak, Anya?!''

Huff..huff..huff...

The girl, now introduced Anya, chased her breaths before wiping her tears dry.

She needed to get away.

She needed to breathe from all of the stress piling up inside her mind.

She can't ask permission from her sister, Hyacinth will most likely be enraged, shut her off and then dismiss her. She can't do that.

The only option is, sneak out.

The servants are all asleep. Catherine never disturbs her at night and only checks her at dawn, so if she's careful enough, nobody would see her.

And that's exactly what she'll do.

Anya stepped out of her bed and slightly shivered as her bare feet touched the cold floor. She opened one of the cabinets and took out her old shoewear that she used to use before her blessing malfunctioned. She put on the shoewear and walked towards the door, reaching up to the knob she slowly opened it as silent as she could.

She froze when the door creaked, trying to sense any presences, she luckily didn't get caught. Anya sighed in relief before closing the door quietly.

Looking at the dark empty halls, she pushed herself to walk as quiet as she could, reaching down the long curving stairs. She went down and turned to pass by the path behind the stairs. She continued her journey without spotting any servants or Catherine, much to her relief. Anya tiptoed towards the kitchen where the backdoor that leads to the forest lies. She looked up the back door and turned the knob.

Opening the door, it revealed a small passageway to both right and left directions, she turned left, going through the dark narrow path before reaching the near end.

Anya crouched down, she digged up the thick grass and vines clinging on the lower wall slowly revealing a small dog hole, just enough for her body to fit.

She was ready to crawl when a pang on her chest stopped her.

''Ack! Ugh...'' She started sweating, her breathing becoming rough.

Glitches started to appear randomly amongst areas of her body, but her eyes are tightly shut to even see.

It wasn't painful like being burned, cut or hit, instead it was like a suction. Slowly seeping away the life and warmth, as if she was fading away.

''..haah...haah..''

Soon, the pain dissipated but didn't fade, it lingered for a while until she's sobered up from the pain.

Anya rested for a moment before regaining her composure, she was still determined to finish the escapade she started, she is a stubborn one. There's no going back now.

Crawling on the dirtied ground, her white silk night dress is also stained by the dirt. She didn't care and continued to slither under the hole. As more than half of her body fitting inside, she pulled her legs out and stood up. Anya glanced back for a second before looking ahead the forest.

The woods weren't completely dark, it was dimmed yet lighted by the sparkly butt sacs of bulbflies. They are tiny little creatures the size of a coin, they are of yellow and brown color with the puffy sacs on their butts carrying a membrane that produces certain substances to emit light.

The little girl tilted her head when the bulbflies started hoarding together and flew on one direction.

Fascinated by the display, she unknowingly followed them. She walked beside the crew as they went deep inside the woods. Not long after, the bulbflies scattered around as they reached their destination.

A soft gasp escaped her lips....

Anya's eyes sparkled as she sighted the view.

''Beautiful...''

Clear blue and clean wide lake with victoria amazonica waterlilies floating around. The bulbflies are flying above the water, sometimes even resting at the flat floor of the plants. The moon is shining brightly above the night sky, it's image reflected on the water's surface. All of it was the pieces of a beautifully peaceful scenery that Anya almost completely ignored the throbs on her chest.

Rustle..rustle...

Her amazement was cut off when faint footsteps rustled on the leaves from the forest.

Anya suddenly became more aware of her surroundings, now noticing the coldness of the night, making her shiver. She turned around and tried to see from the dark, vigilant of what or who's to come.

''W-who's there?''

The footsteps are getting nearer. And nearer....and nearer.

From the bushes, more rustling sounds were heard. Anya's eyes widened in fear, she hurriedly look around for a weapon. She found a long wooden stick on the ground, with no other choice she took it and pointed it on the bush's direction. Suddenly, a person appeared.

Anya blinked twice. ''...Huh?''

The two of them looked at each other straight in the eyes. With suddenly complicated feelings towards their meeting, silence prevailed. And..

Cerulean eyes met red ones.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 871 52
A high trained Assassin is betrayed by her former lover, also known as the Royal's Son. The story takes place in Elisora, known for it's dark secrets...
9.6K 317 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
62K 1.9K 53
"Monsters aren't born. They are created. Not from the imagination of someone's deepest fears, but from tangible negative energy. Darkness formed fro...
1.2K 48 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...