Alpha's Baby | astera22

By astera22

My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at tha... More

Alpha's Baby
Disclaimer
Read Before Story!
Chapter 1 - Young and Stupid
Chapter 2 - I'm So Sorry
Chapter 3 - Long Time, No See
Chapter 4 - Welcome Home
Chapter 5 - Losing Control
Chapter 6 - The Truth
Chapter 8 - Meet Your Uncle
Chapter 9 - Mixed Emotions
Chapter 10 - Jelaousy
Chapter 11 - Keeping Secrets
Chapter 12 - Truth?
Chapter 13 - Confessions
Chapter 14 - Remember Me
Chapter 15 - Consiquences for my Stupidity
Chapter 16 - A Mess
Chapter 17 - Threat
Chapter 18 - Capture
Chapter 19 - Mission: Freedom
Chapter 20 - Opening Up
Chapter 21 - Reunited
Chapter 22 - Home, Sweet Home
A/N - Problems viewing chapters
Chapter 23 - Prepare for Battle
Chapter 24 - We Love You
Chapter 25 - Let the Game Begin
Chapter 26 - Hidden Truth
Chapter 27 - Victory or Loss?
Chapter 28 - I've Always Loved you
Chapter 29 - Always and Forever
Chapter 30 - Commitments
A/N - THANK YOU
Some Updates
Epilogue

Chapter 7 - I Declare War

218K 6K 423
By astera22

"Lexie?"

I look in the direction of the voice. It's Josh. I look at him, expectantly.

"We're back!" He says, cheerfully. Darcy is in his arms. They're both happy and carefree. Darcy is laughing, smiling.

"Daddy took me to forest! I can track down animals, mummy!" She cheers. I smile, lovingly at her.

I give her a kiss on the forehead. She goes to another room and leaves me and my mate behind.

"She's so like you." He says.

"Happy? Sweet? Smiling all the time? Nice to everything and everyone? I don't think so." I reply.

He leans forward for a kiss which I instantly return. Then he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and leans forward again.

"I have a secret." He whispers. I look up at him, curiously.

He pins me down to the floor suddenly. He's about to kiss me again but then he speaks again.

"I killed your parents. I attacked your pack."

My eyes widen as he starts strangling me, I can't breathe and my body is failing to respond.

He moves away from me to Darcy, that's now standing by the door way.

"Daddy, what are you doing to m-" Her body falls to the floor swiftly as a puddle of blood begins to form before she can finish her sentence.

I spring up to a sitting position as a punch the first person to be there when I wake up without giving it a second thought. I see someone dodge and steadily grab my shoulders.

I sigh in relief it's Lewis. I realise I'm shaking and I can't control it. I close my eyes, wrapping the blanket around me.

"Where's Darcy?" I ask realising she's not sleeping next to me. I want to make sure she's okay after my nightmare.

"She's in my room. She woke up about half an hour ago." Replies Lewis.

I gradually start to stop shaking as my best friend climbs next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Nightmare again?" He asks. I nod.

Ever since my parent's death, I've been getting bad dreams a few times a week. They can be anything. From them dying to getting tortured or cheated on, it really doesn't matter. What does though is that they're all scary and so real...

Lewis was always there when he heard me toss and turn. I would always wake up to see him.

"It's okay now. You're awake now." He soothes. Has he forgiven me for not telling him? Has he forgotten and gone back to being my best friend?

"Lewis... I really am sorry for not telling you the whole truth." I tell him.

He lets out a deep breath. "I understand."

I take that as a cue to snuggle closer to him as we always do whilst watching movies in the evenings with Darcy.

"Love you, Lewis." I tell him. He gives me a kiss on the forehead and replies back with a "I love you too."

I look up at the sound of a close heart beat and I see Josh standing in the door way. Shortly after a very low and quiet growl can be heard, ever so faintly and you really would need wolf hearing to achknowledge it.

Lewis gives me a light pat on the head as he gets up towards the door. Joshua carries on challenging him and so does Lewis for a few seconds. My mate doesn't seem to move out the way very much. Tension builds up while Lewis walks out the door and even though he now submitted, he's also now started growling.

"Both of you quit it." I order, not that I have a say in it but to my surprise they both stop and Lewis goes to his room.

I give Josh a glare and he looks very pissed off himself.

"What are you doing?" He asks, loudly.

"Hugging my best friend, that's what I'm doing." I snap back, getting up from the bed and walking over to the wardrobe to find a new set of clothes.

Josh scoffs. "Boyfriend more like."

I press my lips together to contain my smile. How could he possibly think me and Lewis are together... We're friends! Just friends! Also he's jealous. Is it bad that this gives me some kind of satisfaction? I'm starting to feel like I actually mean something to him. Too bad I can't return the feelings after what he said.

"I've known Lewis since day one. We grew up together as best friends, we went to nursery as best friends, we went to secondary school as best friends, and we're still best friends." I announce.

"Seems hard to believe." He answers.

"I love him more as a friend than you as a mate." I mumble quietly and I wonder if he heard it. Thinking about it now I should have bit my tongue.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I quickly say. "I have an offer."

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "You have an offer...?"

"Yes. I'm staying and I can make your pack stronger."

He looks quite relieved but confused at the same time. Now I take a chance to study him, closely for the first time. Thinking about it, his hair and eye colour is the same as Darcy's. He's well built, but of course every Alpha is. He has a gym in the pack house so what else would you expect? His hair is messy right now and his eyes look tired like he's just woken up less than an hour ago.

"What are you talking about? I thought you wern't going to st-"

"I know what I said. You know... I can always leave any time if you want me to." I say.

He frowns. "What do you want then?"

"To take over training. It's the least I deserve as the pack Luna, right?" I ask, innocently.

"Why?" He asks.

"Will you stop asking questions?" I ask frustrated, walking over.

He still looks confused but despite that, is still looking at my lips. And words can't describe how much I want to kiss him right now too but I can't let this get to anywhere. He's made it clear he has other girls and doesn't need me and I'm definitely not going to be anybody's second choice.

Go ahead. Leave for all I care. The pack isn't short of girls that would do anything to sleep with me!

His words replay in my mind. Maybe if he hadn't had said that, I would have thought about giving it a go.

Who are you lying to, Lex? You're mates... Sooner or later you will be all over eachother whether you like it or not, it's just how the mate bond works.

My subconsciousness shows presence. I shake the thought off immediately, knowing I can't let that happen. Seriously? Just no... It won't get that far. I'll leave before it does.

Right now, all that matters is that Tyler is here and that's the only thing keeping me here. As far as I remember, me and my sibling share the same trait: stuborness. Tyler won't go anywhere. Especially not when he's a pack Beta here.

Josh leans in a little so despite my thoughts and urges, I look and walk the other way.

"Excuse me, Alpha. I'm going to see my daughter and brother." I say, exiting the room quietly.

Why I was so respectful to him? I have no clue. Maybe I'm acting sweet and with good intentions so he doesn't suspect my growing hatred for him.

It's time for war.

It's up! Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. This is *not edited!*
To any of you that are confused as to why Lexie doesn't want to be with her mate (Joshua): After her parent's death she changed a lot. She doesn't trust anybody, except maybe Lewis, and she's having difficulties opening up to people. Yesterday when her and Josh kissed, she realised she's waaay too out of control and it's getting more out of hand than she expected. She pushes him away again and that's when he gets annoyed with her. He tells her he doesn't care if she leaves because he has plenty of girls to sleep with. Now Lexie is planning on getting back on him. Also one of the only reasons she's staying is because her brother now belongs to this pack and knowing him, he wouldn't leave with her, Darcy and Lewis.
Thanks for reading!
-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 7.5K 20
This is a sequel to my mates secret life. Xander knows something is wrong. The return of the dead daughter that his parents had always thought was d...
123K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
28.9K 1.1K 36
For Vivian and Rowland Carter life couldn't get any better. They were the Alpha and Luna of one of the world's biggest Pack of wolves. They had the l...