The Game of Temptation

By SomeoneLovesYou

Every girl has that guy in her life that she thinks she can't live without. Sometimes it's her best friend, s... More

The Game of Temptation
The Game of Temptation ~2~
The Game of Temptation ~3~
The Game of Temptation ~4~
The Game of Temptation ~5~
The Game of Temptation ~6~
The Game of Temptation ~7~
The Game of Temptation ~8~
The Game of Temptation ~9~
The Game of Temptation ~10~
The Game of Temptation ~12~
The Game of Temptation ~13~
The Game of Temptation ~14~
The Game of Temptation ~15~
The Game of Temptation ~16~
The Game of Temptation ~17~
The Game of Temptation ~18~
The Game of Temptation ~19~
The Game of Temptation ~20~
The Game of Temptation ~21~
The Game of Temptation ~22~
The Game of Temptation ~23~
The Game of Temptation ~24~
The Game of Temptation ~25~
The Game of Temptation ~Epilogue~
The Game of Temptation ~Questions And Answers~
The Game of Temptation ~Song List~
The Game of Temptation - The Rewrite

The Game of Temptation ~11~

27.7K 726 89
By SomeoneLovesYou

Hey guys!

Whoa, I'm on a ROLL with this story right now!!!:D I've had a little too much desperation to write it since the last chapter was such a huge success, so here I am with the next chapter. I'm slightly mad because I handwrote it first, and it was seven pages FRONT AND BACK (haha anyone get the friends referrence?), but it ended up being shorter than most of my other chapters. Really? That doesn't even make sense! Most of my other chapters are only five front and back. Whatever, weird world...

Also, random thing. Any FOB fans?! Who else has heard their new song?! I personally haven't taken it off repeat since I heard it:) DEFINITELY a good song for them to come back with!!!:))

And also, check out NatTheWeirdo! She has an AMAZING writing talent and NEEDS more people to check her out. Seriously, her newest story is called "Finding You" and I totally recommend it!!! So go read it!!!!:D

Anyway... Enjoy!!

Chapter Eleven

~Isabelle~

The time between my final exams and gong home took way too long. I kept myself focused entirely on making sure I'd ace my tests, because the second I stopped studying, Ren filled my mind.

He'd kissed me. He'd actually kissed me.

And I'd kissed back without a second thought. I hadn't even thought about Alex until I got back to my room and found I had a missed call from him.

I'd called back and kept a conversation going, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't bring myself to tell him what had happened.

I hated myself as I told Alex I loved him, hated that he said it back and meant it. I was a terrible person. A terrible girlfriend.

Care had clearly seen that something was wrong, but she hadn't asked. Maybe Ren had already told her. Somehow I knew he would at some point, if he hadn't already.

"I'm going to miss you!" Care squealed, hugging me tightly.

I hugged back, laughing slightly. "I'll miss you too! But it's only two weeks! We can text the entire time, and we'll even Skype sometimes, OK?"

She nodded. "Fine... see you in a couple of weeks!" She headed over to her car, and I got into my truck, starting it up for the first time in a month."

"I've missed you too," I muttered, rubbing the wheel affectionately. Who knew college would help me lessen my mileage?

As I waited for the heating to kick in, I dialed my mom's number.

"Hey, hon! Are you heading home?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just about to leave. I'll be there in around five hours," I told her.

She laughed. "Can't wait. It's been too long!"

I smiled slightly. "It really has. I can't wait to be home," I said, honestly. It had been a crazy semester; I was ready for something familiar.

"You better start driving. The traffic later will be horrible. Love you," my mom said. "Oh, and your father says he looks forward to seeing you."

"Tell him I said the same. I love you both. See you soon."

I hung up, put the truck in reverse, and pulled out of what I now considered my parking space.

At least I had music to listen to as I drove alone. If I didn't, I'd be stuck thinking about Ren.

How was I ever going to explain that kiss? It was intense, powerful, and filled with something that had practically blown my mind.

That thought, full of what could have happened, was shattered as soon as Alex crept back into my head.

I groaned. I was really a terrible person. I wouldn't be able to relax until I told Alex.

With that goal in mind, I made a plan. Both of us already knew we were going to spend this day with just our own families, but tomorrow we'd see each other.

So, tomorrow, I'd tell Alex that Ren had kissed me. I'd say that he confronted me about ignoring him, and ended up kissing me.

I wouldn't mention that I'd kissed back and held on like my entire being depended on it. That was a harsh, unnecessary detail.

But Alex would know. I wouldn't be a hypocrite.

I sighed. So much for that 'don't think about Ren' plan.

I'd started ignoring him because I was starting to like him, and now I knew why.

Since he'd told me what happened that night, I'd been getting flashes that barely made sense, but helped me realize that Ren had tried to tell me he thought I was a good kisser, and I'd said nothing could happen, but we'd still be friends.

No wondering ignoring him had made him so mad.

Damn, I had to stop thinking about him. I had to.

Because since he kissed me, I hadn't just started liking him, I did like him. And that was bad.

How could that have even happened? How the hell had I let myself feel anything but friendship for Ren?

With yet another groan, I turned the radio up, hoping to drown out my actual thoughts.

Five and a half hours later, I was finally home.

Automatically, I pulled out my dorm key, before laughing at myself for it. I'd really got used to college life. It was going to be weird eating something that wasn't microwaved or from a Chinese take-out.

I found my other key, and easily opened the front door.

"I'm home!" I shouted, laughing as my om tackled me in a hug.

"Thank God! Oh, I've missed you so much! Tell me everything! Have you made friends? Did you like your classes? Do you get along with your roommate?" My mom fired off, leading me to the kitchen.

"Mom, I told you all that when I first got there. We had an hour long talk last week," I said, chuckling a little. I really had missed her.

"Yes, but I couldn't see you as you answered."

I rolled my eyes. "This is why you should get Skype," I explained. Every week my mom complained about not seeing me, but when I suggested Skype, she said no.

"No, I won't get that. It's dangerous."

"I'm not getting into this again. Where's dad?" I asked, changing the conversation.

"Watching TV. Are you getting hungry? It is lunch time," My mom reminded me. It was weird. I usually just ate when I felt hungry, though I didn't over-do it. I hated exercise so the best I could do was limit my calories.

I checked the close, finding it was 1:30PM.

"Sounds good to me. Let me say hi to dad first." I hugged my mom again quickly. "I love you."

I walked into the TV room, sitting next to my dad on the couch. "Hey, dad," I said.

"Hey! How have you been?" He asked.

I smiled. No mushy things, just a conversation. I'd missed my dad too. More than I'd realized. "Pretty good. How about you?"

He shrugged. "Can't complain. Any boys at college I need to talk to?"

My mouth fell open. My mind drifted to Ren, but I shook the image away. "Dad, I'm still with Alex."

He looked over at me, shocked. "Really? I thought you guys would be over by now."

I frowned. "Why? We've been dating for four years."

"I know. And I'm proud of you for being a responsible and mature girl, don't get me wrong, but college is where you're supposed to find who you are, and I honestly didn't think Alex would be in your future."

I blinked in shock. I'd never known my dad felt that way. "Uh, wow. So, uh, have you always disliked him?"

My dad shook his head. "I don't dislike him. He's a great kid, and I respect that he was, is, a good boyfriend to you. I just don't think he's who you're supposed to be with."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. Was this a sign? That maybe me and Alex should just break it off now and meet up after college to see where we were?

I bit my lip, deciding that maybe my dad was the best person to get advice from right now.

"Dad, I need to tell you something, and I'm telling you because I need help," I began. He muted the TV, and looked at me, waiting for me to continue. It was his way of saying he was giving me his full attention. "My roommate has a brother, Ren. He's kind of a... guy who sleep around. So I'm his friend. But just before break, he... he kissed me," I said. I left out every big thing intentionally. My dad didn't need to know how often I'd been drinking.

"Well, the most important question is," my dad said when he realized I was done. "Was it against your will?"

That was definitely not what I'd thought he'd ask. "I wasn't expecting it, but I didn't complain. I should have, I do have a boyfriend, but I didn't," I replied, honestly.

My dad nodded, looking thoughtful. "Do you like this Ren guy?"

I took a while to answer, but eventually just shrugged. "I don't know. I'm confused. I love Alex, I really do, but Ren is... new," I tried explaining.

"That's not what I want to know. If you didn't have Alex, would you be with Ren?"

It took me a minute, because I honestly didn't know how far my friendship with Ren would have gone if Alex hadn't been there in the first place. Finally, I just nodded. I would have, even just for one night.

"Now, would you break up with Alex for Ren?"

Instantly, I shook my head. "No, I wouldn't."

My dad smiled. "There's your answer. It's been four years. If that answer ever changes, you need to break up. Until then, I'll be happily surprised and pretend you got married while innocent."

I blushed, laughing a little as I looked down. "Thanks, dad. I needed that. I'll also pretend that last comment didn't happen."

He coughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Look, I love you kiddo, but this was way too emotional for me. Go get some lunch or something." He cleared his throat, turning the volume up on the TV.

I stood up, kissing the top of his head before I left. I was proud of him for letting me talk about this without threatening to kill Ren, or ground me for something or another. "Love you too," I muttered.

~Ren~

"So, ready to go?" Caroline asked me after lunch.

"I've been ready to go since six hours ago," I said. I'd woken up early enough to say goodbye to Isa, but she left before I figured out where her car was.

Now I had to deal with my sister for six or so hours. We'd bought our own cars up, but we were only driving hers back this time. We had less stuff, so two cars weren't necessary.

"Yeah, yeah, quit complaining. I've never been giving you time to figure out how to tell me everything," she told me. "But yeah, let's go."

"Finally," I muttered, getting into the car. I already knew what I was going to say, I just wanted to get it over with.

I waited until we were on the highway before beginning.

"Well, where exactly do you want me to start?" I asked.

"There's more than that night?" She asked, shocked.

"Yeah. A lot more."

"Then start with the most important stuff."

I nodded. "Alright. Let's start with September's End. When you went off, I was left with Isa. She got drunk, really drunk. And as revenge for Alex, she kissed me," I summarized.

"Holy shit, seriously?" Then why didn't she tell me?"

"She forgot. Which I was fine with, because I didn't want her feeling guilty or blaming me. Then, on Halloween, I realized that I hadn't stopped thinking about it. We were both only drinking water, but we got drunk. God only knows why, but I made her remember the kiss. That was the picture, by the way. I put us in the exactly the same position, and she remembered. I told her she'd screwed with my head, but she said it couldn't happen again. We decided to be friends, and I thought we'd be OK until she started ignoring me." I took a breather, making sure Caroline was still paying attention. I was pouring my damn heart out right now, and it would never happen again if I could help it.

Luckily, she was paying attention. "Then? What about a couple of days ago? This is better than reality shows!"

"Alright! Chill!" I told her. She sounded so excited, it was kind of creepy.

"I'm calm. Continue," she said.

"I'm doing it. Alright, so I went to confront her. She basically confirmed when you told me. Don't worry, she told me it herself, she doesn't know I already knew," I added before Caroline could interrupt. "So, we were arguing because she wouldn't tell me why she was ignoring me. Then she made me tell her what happened that night, so I did. Then she said she'd pick Alex because he makes her happy, and I told her she'd be happier with someone else. And then she asked me why I cared, and..." I cut myself off. I'd been reliving it as I spoke, but now I was reminded that I was talking to my sister.

"And? What happened?" Caroline asked, desperately.

I sighed. "I kissed her," I said.

"What?! What did she do?" She screeched.

It barely fazed me, except I was forced to remember how it felt. "She kissed back. I told her to think about it before I walked away. But, Caroline, I realized something and it's not good," I said.

"What was it?" She asked, sounding nervous.

I hadn't said it out loud. Not yet. Saying it to someone would make it official, and damn that was scary. Terrifying, in fact. "I like her."

Done.

"Shit, bro," Caroline breathed out a laugh. "The first girl you actually say that about, and she's taken. Tough luck."

"What do I do?" I asked, ignoring her slightly. "She even told me she'd always pick him first, so it's not like I even have a shot." I slumped in my seat.

"Wait, you want a shot? As in, to date her?"

I stared at her. "Yeah. Weren't you listening at all?" Why else would I have said I liked her if I didn't want a shot?

"This changes everything! Ren, be honest. If you dated her, how long do you think you'd last together?" Caroline asked, seriously.

Her change in tone made me feel scared. Like, when she was PMSing kind of scared. "I don't know..."

"How long would you want to be with her?" She insisted.

I thought, trying to get over how freaking insane she was acting right now. "As long as possible?" I guessed. It wasn't like I'd actually had the chance to really think about this!

"Alright. Last question. Do you think, one day, you could love her?" Caroline asked.

I nodded without even realizing until it was too late. "She's amazing," I said. Before I could also point out that falling in love with her would probably be like a shot to the heart because she'd pick Alex over me and I'd actually be heartbroken, Caroline squealed, almost driving us off the road.

"Yes! Finally, my brother is growing up! I'm so proud." She mocked wiping away a tear. I didn't have the heart to tell her she probably slept around more than I did. "Now, down to business. Ren, I don't like Alex. If you're sure you want to be with Italy, you have to be 110%."

"Why?" I asked, frowning. This already sounded worrying.

"Because," my sister glanced over at me with a smirk. "I'm going to help you win over my roommate."

Alright, usually I'd fix the spacing but I really can't be bothered today. So, uh, deal:P

LOVE:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 349 19
John is in his second year of college and he has a dorm with his best friend alexander hamilton! John has had feelings for alexander since they meet...
724 131 29
"𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵." Let's cut the sweet talk. This is a story about a bunch of dumb teenagers who cheat; be...
346 55 19
In the bustling city of Brookshire, where dreams weave through the busy streets, a young and shy girl named Sarah found herself captivated by the eni...
4.7K 93 23
When Ella Jones' twenty-first birthday ends with a bang - literally - she never imagined it would be with her best friend since freshman year, Ryan O...