๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐–๐ ๏ผƒ REZEF HILL. [โœ“]

By vollerie

๐“‚ƒ ไธญ THE SCARS OF our love might just never heal if i stay with you again . ๐“‚ƒ โดฐ เฃญอ˜ ๏นซvollerie ! all right... More

๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—ช๐—ข๐—ฅ๐——
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—œ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—œ๐—œ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—œ๐—œ๐—œ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—œ๐—ฉ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฉ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—œ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—œ๐—œ.
๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—œ๐—ซ. finale
AUTHOR'S NOTE.

๐—–๐—›๐—”๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฉ๐—œ.

1.8K 93 0
By vollerie

BUSTLING STREETS FILLED WITH various citizens, as Eleanor navigated herself through the busy crowds. With an dark cloaked wrapped around her, she wanted to get a good look on her father's mistress. "Are you really going to go alone milady?" Frieda concernedly trailed behind her, as Eleanor simply smiled patiently.

"Of course, You.. don't need to see this treachery my father has created." Eleanor explained, leading Frieda to a nearby café. "I'll be going my own way now, we'll meet up here in a hour and a half alright?"

"Yes milady. Please return back safely." Frieda waves Eleanor goodbye rather meekly, before Eleanor turned around and went her own way. 'I have identified the girl to be Lady Simone Miya, daughter of Count Miya.'

Eleanor frowned, the burning sensation of her father committing infidelity felt too familiar to her. Eleanor's gaze flit to person to person, scanning the crowd before treading further. Simone stood by the lamp post, reading a newspaper.

Eleanor paused in her steps for a brief moment, mouth agape. There was a visible bump in Simone's stomach, as she hummed a small tune to herself. Eleanor's breath hitched, feeling her palms sweating. The heiress quickly went to a corner, barely registering what she just saw.

'Is this why Simone had an appointment at the clinic?' Eleanor thought to herself, biting her lower lip harshly. 'That clinic was under the Laris's.. and it happened to be one of my owned establishments too.' Eleanor heaved a shaky sigh, attempting to soothe herself.

'If Lady Simone bears a child, then father will take her in as his official concubine. Of course, my position as the heir willn't be hindered but treatment will be hellish at the manor because the child is illegitimate. It isn't a fit environment to raise a child.' Eleanor concluded, bringing the hood of her cloak upward more. "I need to make my move before he does."

Eleanor suddenly felt the metallic taste of blood at the tip of her tongue from biting her lower lips too harshly. "Hah.. I might return more early than expected." Eleanor muttered under her breathe, before rushing off to meet Frieda and the others.

"LADY ELEANOR.. MAY I ASK WHAT is the occassion for you to invite me here suddenly?" Simone questioned, caressing the bump on her stomach protectively. "I have a proposition, Lady Simone." Eleanor responded, motioning to the cup of herbal tea.

"Do you wish to be my lady in-waiting? Of course, you can start after you've delivered your baby.." Eleanor trails off, before clearing her throat. "I'll pay you twice the money anyone could offer."

Simone pursed her lips in suspicion, hesitancy evident within her eyes. "I can even offer you a cozy apartment where you and your child could happily live in, I believe that it'd be hard for you to find a stable job.. but of course it is all up to you." Eleanor offered a benevolent smile, but within she was hoping that Simone would accept.

Atleast if the mother and child were to be taken under Eleanor's wing, she would be able to guarantee their safety from the predatory members in her clan. That is, unless the child is male. The transparency in Eleanor's position as the heir would shake, if a male child would be born with her father's blood. But even it was a male, Eleanor's decision will stay the same.

"Do you know..?" Simone whispered scarcely, immediately snapping Eleanor out of her trance. "That this child, is your half-sister?" Simone admits, gaze darting downward to the bump on her stomach. 'It's a girl..!'

"Lady Simone I-"

"I, by any means do not love your father.. what happened that night was a mere accident that turned out to be this. I didn't notice his identity at all before as I was just unemployed lady who he met at a party.. although I am willing to cater for this lovely child. She doesn't deserve any of this.." Simone explains hazily, heaving a languid sigh.

"I.. do not even want to be his concubine or any position he could offer within this household. Yet you, Lady Eleanor despite knowing that I am your father's so-called mistress you are here extending your help to me." Simone offered a small smile. "I apologize, I didn't mean to wreck the marriage between your parents."

"You didn't wreck anything if it was already destroyed to begin with." Eleanor stood up from her seat before crouching down in-front of Simone, caressing the bump gently. "I've been a only child my whole life as my mother became fragile after giving birth to me, I can see that you don't have any ulterior motives that is why I am offering help."

"If you do not wish to live in the capital anymore, I can get you a house in the countryside or even in he neighbouring kingdom." Eleanor offered lavishly, before returning to her seat. "But you will have to live under a new identity."

"Thank you.. please give me some time to think about it." Simone bows her head gratefully, as Eleanor nodded. "Of course, please reach out to me when you've made your decision.. but we are currently short of time before my father reaches out to you." Simone nodded understandably before excusing herself to leave.

'She may not have had a ulterior motive but I do, sending her off to the neighbouring kingdom will be a wise choice for me to guard my position as heir.' Eleanor heaved a languid sigh, the half of her facade slipping off. "Milady.." Frieda concernedly approached, lending a cup of water to the diligent lady. "Thank you Frieda. I'm afraid that things aren't going to be as easy as I thought it would."

Eleanor slumped, motioning Frieda leave. "I'm exhausted." The lady murmurs under her breathe languidly, contemplating her choices. 'Did I pick the right thing? Am I really going against my father?' Eleanor pondered inwardly, uncertainty stirring within before she heaved a sigh. "I hope that my hardwork will be worth it all in the end."

A FEW MONTHS PASSED, AND IT WAS time for the midautumn ball that the Imperial Family will host. Eleanor was adorned with lavish accessories, as Frieda tucked hee silver platinum locks behind her ear, motioning for Eleanor to glance at herself through the mirror.

Eleanor had a off-shoulder slim crimson dress that hugged her body majestically, matching with the bold crimson lipstick her ladies in-waiting painted on her lips.  Her silk-like locks let loose, framing her features beautifully. "You look enthralling my lady." Frieda complimented, clipping on the earrings gently onto Eleanor's ears.

"Thank you Frieda. Although I don't feel the least excited for this year's mid-autumn ball." Eleanor sighs, recalling that Rezef will be escorting her for this occasion. "It'll be worth it in the end milady." Frieda quipped before taking a glimpse at the window, noticing that the Imperial carriage had arrived.

"His Highness is here!" Frieda's fellow ladies in-waiting squealed in excitement, immediately ushering their lady to go. "Come now Lady Eleanor, we'll escort you down!" They motion briefly, opening the doors for Eleanor who simply chuckled and nods.

"You look dashing, 'Nora." Rezef offered a capricious smile, referring to her with a old nickname. Eleanor simply returned the smile patiently, placing her hand on the one he extended out for her to hold. "Thank you, Rezef. You look handsome as well."

"Have you dressed up specifically for this year's ball?" Eleanor asked with a polite smile, one that didn't reach her eyes. "Not necessarily, I look forward to spending it with you.. I have heard that sister had organized a fireworks show." Rezef responded.

'He's being unusually polite today. Cayena must've chide at him.' Eleanor thought inwardly, feeling her heart clench. Maybe it was this side of Rezef that she formerly loved so much ── Eleanor simply smiled as she entered the magnificent carriage. "I.. look forward to spending time with you as well Rezef." Eleanor responded, as Rezef simply nods.

The arrival to the palace was filled with undeniable silence, but once they have arrived in-front of the Banquet Hall's tall mahogany doors only then the noise increased. "Presenting, the Crown Prince and Princess of the Eldium Empire! His Highness Rezef, and Lady Eleanor Laris!" One after one bowed before the wings of the Eldium empire, the pair stepping down the stairs gracefully.

"All may raise their heads." Rezef stated, eyes scanning the crowd to look for his sister who was by the podium. "I would like to thank everyone to contributing their help for this year's mid-autumn festival, the materials you have lent has not been wasted. There is a particular event I organized later on that I am certain that many will enjoy." Cayena spoke, as Rezef and Eleanor clapped.

"Thank you." Cayena said lastly, plenty of applause resounding across the vast halls. Eleanor smiles in a acknowledging manner at the princess, simply joyed. "I'll go get some drinks, Rezef." Eleanor informed the Crown Prince as she rose from the seat. "Do as you like." He responded blankly.

Eleanor heaved a quiet sigh she wasn't aware that was holding, reaching out for the drink a servant offered. "This is the red wine, correct?" She questioned, as the servant nodded in confirmation. "Yes, Your Highness. There is also fruit punch on that table over there and plenty of other snacks. Please pick at your leisure, Lady Eleanor." The servant bowed her head, before scurrying away to serve other guests.

"Thank you," Eleanor quipped, nearing the dessert table and recognizing the man she hasn't seen in years. "Lord.. Raphael?" The crown princess called out, a bit perplexed. The onyx-haired swiftly turned around in surprise. "Oh my, are you interested in those desserts? Haha, or is it for Cayena perhaps?" Eleanor teasingly whispered, noticing how heat rushed to the tip of his ears.

"Your Highness, greetings. It has been awhile." Raphael tried to divert the topic at the lady who simply grinned knowingly, requesting a plate filled with desserts from the servant. "Indeed, Lord Raphael. I haven't seen you since we were children, I have heard that you built a school in the Princess's name?" Eleanor had a cheshire grin as Raphael sighed.

This was exactly why Raphael wished to avoid Eleanor, he wasn't aware why but the crown princess teased him endlessly even when they were younger. It was like nothing would escape her sharp eye ── and when Raphael had ths chance, he cut their ties. "Your Highness, please cease with your teasing. This is for my loyal attendant."

The Duke points to his attendant with a blank stare and tone, as Eleanor smiled like she believed him but in all honesty she didn't. 'He's too obvious.' Eleanor thought to herself with a small huff, accepting the dessert filled plate. "I shall get going now, Lord Kedrey.. I hope that we'll be able to talk with each other again, as Rezef might notice my absence."

"Yes, Your Highness." Raphael stated whilst bowing his head briefly, watching as Eleanor's figure walked towards the Crown Prince. 'She hasn't changed a bit.' Raphael dozed off momentarily, before he got the dessert-filled plate and approached the princess.

"Would you like some Rezef?" Eleanor hummed, bringing a desert he liked in her past life close to him. Rezef's eyes narrowed in observation before opening his mouth, the latter's hand instinctively feeding it to him. 'Huu..?' Eleanor sweat-drops, noticing that everyone's eyes were on them.

Rezef wiped the icing that smeared over his lower lip, blinking blankly. "It's sweet." He commented, grabbing another dessert of the same kind as Eleanor stood in a bewildered manner before snapping out of her trance. "I'm glad you like it." Eleanor quipped.

"Your Highness, there is urgent matter that requires your attention." The count approached Rezef, motioning for the crown prince to follow urgently as Eleanor smiled a patient smile. "I suggest you go, it is a urgent matter after all." Eleanor stated, gesturing that Rezef should follow. His retreating figure was something she was used to, and in the same position. But her heart didn't ache, she didn't feel sad──and that was when she realized that soon she will be the one that's leaving.

It was this life's goal after all ── so maybe all this will be worth it in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 827 14
โ i hope i never lose you, hope it never ends. i'd never walk cornelia street again.โž modern!au it was bad for him, for you, for the both of you. you...
37.6K 950 22
He'd loved her. She'd left. But he would always want her back
9K 438 16
"If you have to convince someone to stay with you, then they already left." Started: July 22, 2015 Finished: September 27, 2015
538 34 11
retrouvaille (n) the joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation {๐”ข๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ง๐”ž๐”ฅ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”จ๐”ž๐”ข๐”ฉ๐”ฐ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ต ๐”ฌ๐” }