𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜.

TRIGGER WARNING : manipulation, gaslighting, implied toxic relationship, suicide

TRIGGER WARNING : manipulation, gaslighting, implied toxic relationship, suicide. do not proceed further if uncomfortable with such topics !

HEAVY WAS THE HEAD THAT carries the crown, the intricate jewels and sun-hued imperial crown came with great responsibility. Eleanor Laris knew that fully well, from the day that she was borned she knew that this destined for
her.

Her ruby hues glances towards the attractive man beside her, as they both kneel before the high-priest of the Eldium Empire. Rezef Hill, the notorious and handsome crown prince of the Eldium Empire. And the person Eleanor Laris yearned for.

His affection, his care, his attention; she wanted it to be hers for eternity if fate would allow. His blonde tufts of hair similar to the beaming sun, and hues of blue alike the deep ocean. It trapped her, yet it was oh so mesmerizing. If it was possible, Eleanor would've drowned in his oceanic hues long ago.

Rezef notices her gaze, the edges of his lips curving upwards into a small smile which made Eleanor's heartbeat quickened ten-fold. She wasn't nervous about the crowning ceremony at all but the male beside her made her.

But was that all a mere fever dream? Why was he with Olivia Grace right now, smiling joyously. The heart that she steadily opened up to Rezef shattered into a dozen pieces. Was the crown that sat atop her head was about to be stolen?

The crown that she dedicated her life to? Allowing herself to be used by her father as a means of climbing the social ladder. Was it all for naught? Eleanor's vision blur and spiral as her train of thoughts was heavily disturbed.

She bit her lips, tears trickling down her porcelain cheeks. Her makeup smudged as she questioned her entire being. 'Did he ever love me? No, I must've seen wrong..'

That was what she wanted to believe. She wanted to believe that Rezef wouldn't do such a thing, yet he was still capable of doing so. Eleanor was always clad in the purest of jewels, the finest of fabrics, but it never held any meaning.

To her, Rezef was the one that brought meaning to her life as the one who saved her from that wretched household. The Laris Dukedom was filled with eager and competent humans, striving to inherit the title of 'Duke.' But their ways of teaching was cruel.

Imprinting their beliefs on the children destined to be the duke, following from generation to generation. It was the same cycle, the same cycle that brought the heirs to the brink of insanity. Although the Laris Dukedom was meritorious and modest, the manor had monsters crawling from within. And those monsters were human beings

Eleanor Laris was groomed to be the Crown Princess. She was supposed to be the duke's heir but when Duke Leon Laris decided to achieve more outstanding achievements and climb to the top, Eleanor was put on a pedestal.

To Leon, she was nothing but a mere tool for him to achieve greater things. Eleanor allowed her father to use her to climb the ranks, anything to please her dearest father. Her marriage with Rezef was only of convenience, but not once did she ever expect that she would fall in-love with the prince.