Bound to Desire | Darkest Lov...

By Littlebirdie51914

*Book 2*~ (Must read Book 1, to read this) Cassian Herrera has always been reserved, never interested in anyo... More

~Bound to Desire~
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
Book 3

VII

32 5 0
By Littlebirdie51914

"Since our family is known for being involved certain mafia families, like an omega to an alpha.

I had a sister, your mother. She had you and everything changed.

She didn't want you apart of the chaos we have continued for years. She wanted you to be successful on your own, become a fucking doctor or businessman".

I hardly remember my parents to be honest. They were always away. I remember staying with the Valentinos one time and that's how I got to know Francesco, at the time when his parents were still alive of course.

I used to know Mr. And Mrs. Valentino really well, Francesco wouldn't know since I'm a bit older than him but I remember them well. They were feared by many but they sure knew how to survive in this world. They were stronger together, never apart.

"So why didn't they get out of it? As you can clearly see, I got involved with this world. I work with Giovanni Moretti" I say.

He nods.
"Giovanni Moretti, Italian right?".

I nod.
He laughs a bit.
"Figured. You Italians are ruthless, but have been in this game for a long time. The name Moretti sounds a bit familiar but I think your parents were more involved with the Italians, where I was here in Spain".

I shake my head.
"I know but how did this shit start? Where did they go? How could she and my father just pick up and leave their only son?" I ask getting annoyed.

He shrugs as he sits down.
"Your mother and I were never close. She had her secrets and of course I still have my own secrets. She never shared them with me and I respect her choice not to.

As for how it started is simple. Your mother and I were raised in some house, our parents became divorced so we spent most of our time with our father. He was apart of the Ortega family, working very close with the leader. We were 16 and 17 when our father were killed, our mother just disappeared. No word from her once she saw we favored our father more.

She felt like her duty as a mother was no more. Leaving was her only choice. And I guess my sister, your mother decided to be just like her. I was 17 when the boss of the Ortega family told me I had to take my father's position or we would be homeless. I couldn't put myself and your mother in that position so I took my fathers place. I learned skills and became loyal.

And from that moment I knew I belonged in this world, I never wanted to leave it. Your mother loved it too, the power and being in control. She would sometimes help me out with certain missions and the boss grew attached to her. He and his wife split up, so he made a move on your mother. They started being together and had you. Your mother didn't want you to have the Ortega name so she gave you the Herrera name. But the main reason why she did that was because your father didn't want the fact that he slept with one of his own out there to get back to his ex wife.

His ex wife would get upset and it would just be chaos. Over a few years, they ended up getting married. I still don't know they still did it even though he was afraid of his ex wife but I guess they still did it.

Anyway, you were born as a Herrera and your father being an Ortega, controlled the Ortegas with your mother by his side.

After that, I didn't know what else happened. But for your parents' disappearance I can only say they probably had gotten into deep shit and they had to flee. But Cassian, in my eyes you not being with them is a good thing. My sister was never stable and she was too controlled by our parents' past and how your father corrupted her from a young age."

All these answers are just making me question it even more.

"So... if my grandparents were dead before I was born. Who the fuck was I staying with?" I ask.

He shrugs.
"Probably hired by your parents. Were you raised in Italy or Spain?".

"I remember them raising me in Spain for a bit until I moved to Italy permanently. Spain is becoming a bit of a blur as I get older but I remember some of it. I remember them dropping me off and introducing me to my grandparents".

He starts to think.
"Maybe it was your father's parents and not ours. I never met them so I don't know but as far as I can tell you. There isn't much to dig into this past. Most of our family is dead, I also wanted to dig into old family history but it was a dead end. But for now I need to tell you something that you must not tell anyone. I need this to be protected with your life."

I nod.

"I have a daughter, her name is Evaline Herrera. She's still young, she doesn't know about me. Her mother doesn't want her to know until it's time. If you ever run into her, guide her and be there for her. We are the only Herreras left and you very well know the dangers of everything."

I nod, in all seriousness.
"So she's my cousin, where is she?".

He sighs as he looks down at his hands.
"With her mother in Barcelona. I have a feeling you will meet her very soon but only time will tell".

I nod.
"Well thank you for telling me everything, well as much as you know. And I wish we met on better terms. But my last question is..how did you end up here?".

He smiles.

"Well I did say I took my father's position which involved being close to the Ortega boss, which was my brother in law. He didn't want me to be in that position anymore. He wanted someone better so he sent me to assist the Santos family. Where I met Rosario and Estrella Santos. I grew close with them and I was with them for years until an incident happened where I was sent to the Valentinos and I have been here ever since".

"Which is exactly what I want to do. Focus on this job and not the distracting things." I say.

He shakes his head.
"I may have stayed loyal and did my job to keep myself off the streets but I have killed, sacrificed relationships and lost my daughter in the end. If I could take most of what I have done back then, I would. But I have accepted it and I live with it. You will choose your own direction but to do what I did, I wouldn't advise that".

I stay quiet. Catalina said the same thing, but do I want to take that advice? I have been content with how my life has been lately, I wouldn't be where I am now if there were distractions.

"Do men like us even deserve love?" I say randomly.

He laughs.
"I ask myself that everyday, sometimes I don't think we do but I like that..love can keep us grounded. Without it I would've been in a darker place but knowing my daughter is safe and my love for her keeps me sane".

I nod. Hearing his words made me realize that he isn't wrong, he isn't.

"Now I have to soon go deal with a guest of ours, so stop digging and don't be like me. Be better than me and your parents".

I nod. And I shake his hand.

"Will I see you again?" I ask.

He smiles.
"Maybe, maybe not. Take care Cassian".

I leave and I see Francesco waiting. I thank him for allowing me to come.

He nods and we say our goodbyes. I leave and I head back to the car. I see Elio and Enzo in their phones, I bet they are on a call with those women they met tonight.

"We just left that place and already making plans" I comment.

They shush me and I roll my eyes. Idiots.

"You two know we are leaving Spain first thing tomorrow morning. I got what I came for".

Enzo yelled.
"What?! No fuck come on man, I got a date tomorrow NIGHT. Can we at least we stay another day?" He begs.

I roll my eyes.

Then Elio nods.
"Same, I have a date tonight but let's stay another night. I don't want to be lectured by Gio when I get back".

I look at him confused.
"Why would you be lectured?".

He sighs.
"I accidentally gave too much money at a business deal a week ago, but the woman I was dealing with was too beautiful to look at. I lost myself".

I laugh. Idiot like I said.

"Fine, especially since I told you idiots to keep your mouth shut about what I really did here".

They get excited and I shake my head. The driver takes us back to the hotel. I assign for another night here and I see someone familiar or looks familiar.

I look at the back of head and I go up to her. I walk up to her and I tap on her shoulder.

"Mia..?" I say.

The woman turns around and it isn't her.

"Sorry I thought you were someone else" I apologize.

"It's fine, I get that a lot" she smiles.

I nod and I go back to my room. Mia used to be my close friend until she got married. I haven't seen her since she left Italy to move to Spain. Now thinking of it I really thought I would've ran into her eventually but I guess not.

I get in my room and I see a little box on the bed. I take out my gun and I hold it close. I keep myself guarded and I walk up to the box.

I pick it up and I open it. I look inside and it's a watch, with a note.

~A pleasure to see your face again, miss you. Don't be a stranger and visit home again soon.
~Catalina Valentino

I look at the watch and she always had a knack for giving gifts to me. They were always watches and she never explained why she always chooses watches as a gift.

Sometimes I think it's because she doesn't know what to get me but she said that isn't the reason. Maybe one day she will tell me.

This is her brother's hotel so of course she would find a way to get this in my room. I put the watch back in and in my bag. I sit on the bed and I lay back.

I look up at the ceiling and I start to think about the ordeal at home. This whole Giovanni and Vivian thing, this shit won't end until he gets this money.

Unless we propose a deal.

I have an idea.

And hopefully it can help everyone in this situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1M 267K 46
( this book is currently being HEAVILY edited. I suggest not reading unless you are okay with slight errors.) In which a 40 year old Italian man fall...
84.4K 1.4K 53
♡ MAFIA ROMANCE ♡ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2023) #10 in enemies to lovers (8/6/2023)...
1.2M 22.6K 74
[COMPLETED] Book 1 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "I have three words for you Ace Del Rosso. I hate you." __...
642K 15.1K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...