SERENDIPITY | BOOK 1

Galing kay hertemptedthoughts

Serendipity: The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way. Marabella Athe... Higit pa

D E D I C A T I O N S
W E L C O M E
P L A Y L I S T
C H A R A C T E R S
M + A = <3
P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H E W E D D I N G
E P I L O G U E

T H I R T Y - S E V E N

3.8K 66 6
Galing kay hertemptedthoughts

It's graduation day! This last year was insane to say the least, and raising a kid while going to school is easily one of the hardest things I've ever done. There have been way too many days where I've cried myself to exhaustion, and questioned everything- but I am so grateful its done.

It's still early morning, and the ceremony starts at 1, but as if on que- Knox starts babbling and calling for "Momma and Daddyyyy" through the monitor. We moved him into his own room about 6 months ago, though most nights he ends up back in our bed when he wakes up to nurse.

Last night, I was grateful he chose to sleep through the night.

Alexei and I laugh as he calls for us before getting up and heading for him, but when we get there- his door is already open and he's in the middle of a deep conversation with his Nonno. "Hey papa, thank you for getting him" I say, walking over to dad and pecking his cheek.

Dad smiles down at me and picks him up out of the crib. "Its not a problem principessa, come on buddy- lets go make some breakfast for your momma, Si?" Dad starts to make his way out of the room, Knox in tow- and my son giggles, and slaps his Nonno's arms. "Si, Nonno."

Knox doesn't have many words right now, but the words he does know he can say in English, French, and Italian. We're still working on Russian, but that'll come in time. Since dad took Knox downstairs to make breakfast- Alexei and I headed back to our bedroom to start getting ready for the day.

We both hopped into the shower, and since we knew this would be an uninterrupted one, we took some extra time for one another. Once we're both satisfied, we get out and start pulling everything together.

Alexei puts on his usual all black suit, but took a little extra time today picking out his cufflinks, watch, and chain. It was almost like he was curating an image for today, because when I went to the closet- he had also laid out a dress and heels for me for me to wear.

Once we were ready, I grabbed my cap and gown before we headed to Knox's bedroom to pack his diaper bag, and grab his outfit.

Once we doubled checked that we had everything we were going to need for the day, Alexei and I headed downstairs and into the kitchen where dad and Knox had pancakes waiting for me. I took a seat at the island, and dad brought Knox over to me to nurse as we waited for everyone else.

Once everyone was up, we relocated to the dining room where we sat down for breakfast. Knox sat on my lap the entire time, picking at the food on Alexei and I plates while making funny faces at his uncles across the table.

After we had finished eating, Alexei changed Knox into his outfit while I put on my cap and gown and touched up my makeup. Once I was ready, we all headed outside and started getting into the cars- making our way to the school.

Alonzo, and Gino were also graduating today- and it was bittersweet that the babies of the Russo family were closing this chapter of our lives, and were off to the next thing. Bryn had also graduated this year, but because her school was online, she was mailed her diploma, though we would also be celebrating her tonight as well.

Pulling into the parking lot at the school, there are graduating students and their families everywhere. People are laughing, taking pictures, hugging classmates. As I watch everyone, Alexei places his hand on my thigh and gives it a gentle squeeze. "You ready?"

I look and him and smile, "So ready."

I'm sad that this part of my life is over, but I couldn't be any more excited for this next chapter.

-----

After the ceremony, we didn't hang around too long before heading to our cars. Everyone was super giddy and excited- even Nonno, who quite literally never shows emotion, was smiling ear to ear.

When we got over to the cars, Alexei quickly buckled Knox in before turning back around, with a scarf in his hand. "Okay baby, we have one last surprise for you. Close your eyes- and I'll take it from here."

Instead of arguing- I decided to comply, I was intrigued- and figured it wouldn't hurt to let him have his fun. "Fine, but you better not be taking me off to murder me." He laughed. The asshole fucking laughed, but then responded shortly after with a whisper in my ear. "Never my love."

I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled before wrapping the scarf around my head and covering my eyes. Alexei helped me into the car and buckled my seat belt, and after what sounded like a million doors shutting- the car was moving and we were heading somewhere not home.

We drove for about an hour before coming to a stop and doors started opening and closing. Someone opened my door, and I felt Alexei's hand grab onto me and help me out of the car. Once I was standing on my own two feet, he started to lead me somewhere.

Once we came to a stop, he grabbed both of my hands and gave them a small squeeze before speaking. "I love you Marabella, and I am so proud of you for graduating at the top of your class while raising our son. You're the light to my dark, my very best friend, and the love of my life. Happy Graduation my love."

As he finished speaking, he took off the blindfold and spun me around where I cam face to face with a yacht. "Alexei, what is this?" I ask.

"It's yours Ella" he says, leading me down the dock and closer to the boat. As we approach, I see the words "Operation Mrs. Romanov" written on the side in black cursive.

Confused, I spin around to ask what it means, and when I do- the sight in front of me takes my breath away. Alexei's is on his knee, with a gorgeous ring in his hands, and tears welling up in his eyes. He takes a deep breath before grabbing one of my hands.

"Marabella Athena Russo. From the moment we met- I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I could list a million things that I love about you- from the tiniest, most mundane things that warm my heart, to the big life altering moments we've shared. Marry me Ella. Let's spend our weeknights eating cereal on the dining room floor, even though there's a perfectly good table right behind us. Let's go to the movies, and sit in the back row- just so we can make out like two teenagers falling in love for the first time. Marry me, and we'll hold hands and go to parties we end up ditching so we can go home and drink wine out of the bottle in the bath tub. We'll slow dance in the moonlight of our bedroom, with an unmade bed and candles lit on the nightstand. Make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?"

I'm silent for several minutes, sobbing and trying to control myself, and Alexei squeezes me hand again. "Marry me" he commands softly. Through the snot and tears, I manage to croak out a yes before launching myself into his arms and kissing him.

"Yes, yes, yes. I love you. I wouldn't want to be anything other than Mrs. Romanov" I say once I've calmed down some.

Alexei smiles and kisses me as clapping erupts around us. I look around- and our entire families are here and watched us get engaged. Alexei even managed to get Eziah out here- and I've never felt more loved in my life.

FINALLY- I adjust myself on Alexei's knee so he can put the ring on my finger- and once I look down at it, I start crying all over again.

I rest my forehead against Alexei's as everyone starts making their way onto the boat for dinner, and we sit on the pavement like that for a few minutes- soaking in the reality of what just happened.

"Thank you, my love. I wouldn't want to be anyone's wife but yours" I whisper against his lips before kissing him. Alexei smiles back at me, and with one final kiss- he pulls us both up off the ground and leads us onto the boat for dinner with our families.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

713K 14.1K 46
We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers, with her over protective parents and c...
1.3M 31.1K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
452K 10.8K 37
The Giovanni's are the Italian Mafia. It is the most powerful mafia. For 8 generations the family have been trying to have a princess in the family b...
4.7M 135K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...