The Value of Tears (En- JayWo...

By ENCARMOA96

Jay only values the valuable and that is money and his life but Jungwon is a different story as he values eve... More

Start
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIII pt. 2
XXIII pt. 3
XXIII pt. 4
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII (FINAL)
Bonus Chapter

XXXVI

1.1K 84 11
By ENCARMOA96

Jay

His eyes are looking at me in question of what I just said and I know he's thinking that I might be crazy but if he plays dirty, don't expect me to be nice.

He dare threatens me to flood the city?

I know that mermaids have this ability to control the sea as they're like one with it and even their wars create huge deadly waves so a huge number of mermaids coming together can make a tsunami.

I just hope Jungwon is as powerful as Sunoo said because there is no way in hell will I be able to deal with a tsunami.

At this point, facing Sooho made me feel useless. What am I doing when there is a whole ass tsunami waiting to be thrown to the city? I overestimated Sooho and underestimated the mermaids and now I'm stuck.

I felt like a fool.

"Stop the mermaids . . . you won't benefit from it because even your company will be taken down. ."

"Heh! I don't care, I got to enjoy it while it lasted . . it's not my effort any way. . right Sunghoon? You lucky bastard. "

"It's actually unfortunate for Sunghoon to be stuck with you . . . it's nice to know you're not his father. I bet even your own real son won't be happy to know you're his father I mean . ."

His face reddened and Sunghoon looked at me cautiously.

Looks like I hit the bulls eye.

"How dare you!! My son would love to have me as a father . . !!"

"I doubt that . . your son would rather be a bastard than being your son. . that son of yours, he's a very unlucky fella"

"Lee Jongsuk ! Even in death you're haunting me!"

My eyes widen when he directed his words towards Sunghoon. Is he having a hallucination? He's seeing his dead brother?

"Because even the dead people are not in peace knowing that their murderer is out in the freedom"

Sunghoon spat back and it makes Sooho cower in fear. I never thought he has this side of him.

I let my guard down when a realization hit me.

What right do I have to get mad at him besides the fact that he nearly killed Jungwon and is always after my money? To be fair, he's just like me who only cares about money and power without thinking of others that it drove him crazy to do stuff like that.

I'm mad at him because he dares to use me and tried to harm people just to get me.

It just so happen that he grab the wrong child leaving me to experience all those hardships in life.

Maybe I'm his karma.

But Sunghoon, he's the one who's more rightful to be mad at him. Sunghoon could've grown up in a loving family with a loving father but he has to be stuck with Sooho because Sooho murdered his parents. Sooho robbed him off of the joy of family and the love of a family, of a father. Sooho killing Sunghoon's parents then treated him like an object growing up is torture.

To be fair, it is not I who should be pointing a gun towards him, it is Sunghoon. He's the one who's most affected of Sooho's wrongdoings. He's the one who got to take it all in.

Come to think of it, while Sooho is experiencing the luxury, I am living on the streets begging for food.

What makes me mad is the fact that what I experienced in life should've been experienced by him. I seem to be paying all his debts to all the people he hurt. Maybe that's the grudge I am holding right now and not because I am his son.

I can't imagine if I didnt find out about the switch, then I would think I'm Lee Jongsuk's son, I don't think Sooho will still be alive today.

But, I don't want him to die this easy.

I noticed how Sunghoon is handling Sooho perfectly so I turn to Jungwon who is currently focused on the sea. When I look outside, my eyes widen at the amount of water being launched towards us but Jungwon is unfazed. As the mermaids put all the power they have in that wave, Jungwon just closed his eyes and his enchanting voice again filled the room. It's so soothing and calming and peaceful.

When he opened his eyes, they're blue and he look straight towards the wave. With his voice, I noticed how the sea calmed down and the waves slowly fell back into the sea with a soft splash.

So he can calm the raging waves created by numbers of merpeople with his voice.

All of them looked shocked but a loud thud made me look behind me to see Sooho and Sunghoon with guns pointed at each other's head.

"You're lying! My son died in the fire because I saved you!"

"Your son's alive"

I think that's my cue.

I know of a weird mark on my back and Sunghoon mentioned a birthmark so if I am his son, I think he'll recognize it.

I removed my shirt and made my back face him and the sound of the gun dropping on the ground echoed in the room. I don't know how all the men inside the room suddenly disappeared but I know Sooho recognized the mark on my back.

I put on my shirt back before facing him. Seeing him cry as he trembles gave me a new feeling towards him. I froze on my spot when he slowly touched my face as tears of anger and shame pouted down his face.

"Why didn't I recognize you?! Why?!. . . I almost killed you why?!"

"You're blinded so bad. I know because I've been there. However in your case, you have no one to untie the blindfold for you . . . you're so jealous, you're so greedy. you're so selfish that you didnt see me when you literally shoved me in the trash can when Sunghoon tried to give me food. "

I know both of them can recall that memory as they look at me.

"It's not my fault! I'm never good enough, nothing is mine, it is all about Lee Jongsuk, he's not even a legitimate son! What about me? No one cared about me and I don't even call my own clothes "mine". It's not my fault I killed them, it is their fault. . . they made me feel so below them"

Sunghoon lowered his gun before giving Sooho a huge punch on the face.

"You're stuck in your delusions. You're the one who never see that you're something else. I saw how grandpa always reach out to you but you push him away until he died. . . I heard how grandpa always wonder why you're so mad at him and grandma. . . it shows that neither of them knew what you've been going through. . because you never say a word. It is not true that it is all about Lee Jongsuk, it is about the both of you but you're too blind to see it and assume you're shoved into the curve. They never neglect you, you neglect them. . . have you ever once spoke to your brother or attempted to talk to him? No? Have you ever once greet your mom and dad happy birthday or merry Christmas or happy new year? No. You always complain on how no one gave you a gift but have you ever even once looked under the Christmas tree? You didn't. No birthday party nor birthday gift for you? Have you ever told them you wanted one? They always ask you what you want and you always shoved them away and they left gift on your desk or on your bed, have you ever read the notes attached? No! So don't you dare blame my FATHER! nor my MOTHER! You made your life miserable yourself. . . and you blame other people"

"I have someone spoke to your classmates back then and your brother's classmates back then and you know what I found out? Lee Jongsuk is the student council president throughout both your high school years and he created exceptional rules for you. Because you're always late, he volunteered for morning attendance check everyday to make sure you won't be in trouble. Because you don't wear your uniform properly, he made sure to convince the school that the uniform is too hot and the students need to breathe for a while. . . he even made sure to wear his uniform im properly so none of the officers will call you out. . because you always want to change your hair color every once in a while, your brother argued that it is a creative way for students to enjoy school life. That instead of boring black hair everyday, students will get to experiment on their own style and express themselves through stylish colors. . your brother only wants the best for you because he cares for you. . he wanted to be close to you but you created a whole ass fake scenario in your head and you killed him without him knowing why you hated him in the first place. "

"Now tell me Uncle. . . what happened now to the make up stories in your head that lead your life? You even hurt innocent people to keep your secret. . . tell me"

Sooho looks like he's hearing voices and Sunghoon just knelt before him. I don't see any sign of anger on his face, I only see pain.

"I never knew . . . . I got mad, I reached my boiling point . . . when I had my son, I became so proud that finally someone is mine. That's my son right there. . . but the doctors said he's too small for his age. I don't care tho. . . my son is the only one I am confident that is mine but why does he have to be sickly? Then the great Lee Jongsuk had his baby, a very healthy one that is almost like royalty . . . then suddenly, my son is out the picture. . . my mind was clouded with nothing but anguish. . . And the only thing in my mind is that, I will make sure my son won't live his life being the second best. I want his life to be nothing like mine"

"If that's your reason, if I am really your reason, I don't believe you. Because you did everything to prove something to other people. You did all that just to show them that you are now leading. The way you raised Sunghoon to always be perfect is proof to me that you only care of yourself. You didnt consider Sunghoon's feelings. Heck you even wanted to kill Jake just so Sunghoon won't be with him just because Jake didn't come from an elite family. . .Sooho, if you just focused on me, your son before and really focused on me, you could've raised someone you can be proud of. . . instead you did all your scheme and I ended up in an orphanage that you burnt down and I lived on the streets. Now I became one of those people who loathe you instead of love you . . . look what you've lost now Sooho. . . the police are on the way. Don't bother running away. If only you spoke even just a word to your brother! To your father! All of us won't be in this situation. Sunghoon wouldn't be an orphan, I wouldn't have lived on the streets, I would have also not been an orphan growing up. The world gave you one more chance, fate gave you a son to focus on instead of your brother. But what did you do? You prioritize your own greed that even if you know your child is in that house, you still continue to burn it. . crying now won't change anything but facing your crimes will do. At least for once, accept"

It is unsatisfying that the one who should be killing him right now is currently the calmest of us all.

Well, if I hadn't met Jungwon, that's what I would be thinking but now, seeing how this is the most tense but most peaceful battle yet, I realized how even the most painful torture won't do anything, it will just make everything messy. Letting Sooho surrender himself is better because one, no blood will stain our hands and two, he will be punished as is.

"For now, the best thing for you to do is to surrender and pay for all crimes you did. Heeseung will still give the police officers the evidence to arrest you. . . then all the people will know what really happen. . by the way, the only ones who were killed by your scheme are your brother and sister in law. Not the babies. But the number of people you killed after that will be charged."

Police sirens were heard and Sooho is still kneeling down on the ground as he sobbed his heart out and muttering words I couldn't understand. Sunghoon stood up and walked towards Jake who is smiling proudly at him despite his busted lip.

"Let's get you checked baby . . . hold onto me"

He carried Jake and was about to walk out when a huge shaking of the Earth made them stumble on the ground.

Damn it! Mermaids.

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 2.1K 30
Jay and Jungwon like each other, but Jungwon wishes he didn't like Jay bc he knows something that Jay doesn't know, he doesn't want to hurt Jay. But...
7.4K 451 14
Sunoo doesn't know why, he doesn't even know how but, he knows, he hates hates HATES Yang Jungwon. Reason being? that....... he does not know. but, w...
48.7K 1.5K 18
in which two young and popular kpop idols fall in love with each other. one is extremely talented at dancing, the other has a smile worth all the gol...
14.6K 519 15
What if you wanted something or someone so bad that you disregard any consequences that are bound to come with it? Warnings: bxb mature content fou...