The Billionaire's Maid in Dis...

By sweetdreamer33

To take over her injured aunt's job temporarily- Pia Rosi, a newly graduated historian, offered to work as a... More

The Billionaire's Maid in Disguise
One - "I should have worn my lucky red underwear."
Two - "The Stavrakos Mansion"
Three - "Kristov"
Four - "The Master has arrived."
Five - "Don't lean on that shiny car!"
Six - "Not my words sir, but yours. Remember?"
Seven - "Darn it. Open the door, FREDA!"
Eight - "Put me down, sir!"
Nine - "Oh no! Did he see me?"
Ten - "So, I've been here before?"
Eleven - "It's the time of the year again."
Twelve - "Are you practicing to be a mannequin?"
Thirteen - "The more pain, the more satisfying."
Fourteen - "As if I'm going to fall for him."
Fifteen - "Why are you touching me?"
Sixteen - "What did he do to you?"
Seventeen - "Call me Kristov."
Eighteen - "You've got the wrong girl."
Nineteen - "Please don't call her, sir."
Twenty - "I can be the man you want."
Twenty One - "I can't say no."
Twenty Two - "Make sure she'll come."
Twenty Three - "I'm so dead meat."
Twenty Four - "What I said still stands."
Twenty Five - "Stay away from her!"
Twenty Six - "Is he avoiding me?"
Twenty Seven - "I'm not jealous."
Twenty Eight - "She's not leaving."
Twenty Nine - "You like her."
Thirty - "Who says it's a date?"
Thirty One - "Why me, Kristov?"
Thirty Two - "What wicked things?"
Thirty Three - "Temptation"
Thirty Four - "He's hungry... possessive and greedy."
Thirty Six - "Just say what's in your heart."
Thirty Seven - "I'm dying to kiss you now."
Thirty Eight - "Am I in love?"
Thirty Nine - "Your coffee is getting cold."
Forty - "Touch me more."
Forty One - "He's just lucky today."
Forty Two - "We're so over."
Forty Three - "I love you."
Forty Four - "Believe whatever you want."
Forty Five - "You never called me by my name."
Forty Six - "Let's break our rules."
Forty Seven - "Take care of my little girl."
Epilogue
The Billionaire's Rebellious Bride
Story Branch: What if Pia did not work as maid?

Thirty Five - "I was blinded with love."

152K 11K 3K
By sweetdreamer33

Chapter Thirty Five

Pia's POV

In the morning we went to a thrift store in the city, where dad always shops. Dad was in a foul mood. He chose jackets and jeans, and fitted them without asking for our opinion.

Mom was still sulking, not yet over from their fight.

"This place smells bad," her eyes rolled, she was complaining a lot, "I hate shopping here, and in every thrift store. They all smell the same. Old, dusty... sometimes I can smell dead bodies."

"Mom, shh. Dad can hear you. You'll end up fighting with him again."

"I'm tired of him being a cheapskate. He can afford to take us shopping in Fifth Avenue, but he just loves watching his savings grow in the bank."

"You never complained before," I reminded her that she supported him in being so frugal in everything. Buying food items near the expiration dates in grocery stores at half price, using coupons to avail huge discounts, and shopping in malls during on seasonal sale only.

"I was blinded with love," her lips twisted nastily, "ugh! He's such a terrible man, wanting everything simple. He brainwashed me that living a simple life makes a person happier. The truth is, he just doesn't want to spend his money."

"Don't say that, you'll make him feel terrible," I patted her back, "you just arrived from an amazing vacation. You should be happy."

She laughed sarcastically, " That vacation was a gift from Stavrakos company for his years of service. He did not even spend a cent, everything was reimbursed. He was taking advantage of it."

No wonder they were very extravagant, dining in restaurants, availing the tour packages, Island hopping and many more. I really thought Dad finally loosened up being a cheapskate.

"I regret not looking for a job when I was younger and relying on your dad financially until now," she pursed her lips, then shook her head, "if only I don't have this heart illness..."

She mumbled about getting tired easily and not being able to lift things.

"Don't worry, mom, you did great in raising me," I assured her, "and you're a great wife, you supported dad in everything, especially his career."

"I'm not so happy with my life anymore, I feel so depressed often. I am full of regrets and realizations... like I should have started something and made it big by now. I don't want to keep on growing old... and useless."

"Oh mom, you're not useless. Don't ever say that," I patted her back, "I understand how you feel, but it's not too late to start something now. If you like... you can write a book or start an online business. Many people are doing that right now."

"My grammar is terrible, and I don't have any patience to write a paragraph," she heaved a sigh, "I don't have any idea about business either, I can't do the math."

She was right, even with a calculator, she messed up.

"There are many things to do, like photography. You can post your images on many websites, and pay you. You're good at crocheting, make and learn more design. You can have someone sell it for you online. You just have to find your passion and follow it to succeed."

She heaved a long sigh, "you're right. I'm glad I told you about it, I feel relieved now," her eyes grew big, "and you gave me an idea! I'm very excited to start it."

Whatever it was, I felt happy for her.

We went to a Korean Samgyeopsal Restaurant for lunch. To my surprise, Mr. and Mrs. Coyle, Jacob's parents, joined us.

"Your dad called them. They said they were not sure, but here they are," Mom whispered to me.

I felt very awkward meeting them again.

The last time I saw them was about a year ago, when Jacob was hospitalized after the ski accident.

I went back and forth to Canada to help them take care of Jacob. He was in a coma for almost two weeks. I was always crying, not eating and sleeping well. My studies were affected, I was rooting for Summa or Magna Cum laude, but because I missed some important lectures, I was not able to get good marks in my exams. All it mattered to me at that moment was Jacob. I did not care anymore if I would graduate with or without honors.

Sadly, he woke up looking for his ex-girlfriend, Angela. Not me.

It was heartbreaking that everytime he saw me in the hospital, he would look at me like I was a nuisance in his life. He made excuses like he was sleepy, tired or wanted to be alone whenever I arrived. But with the help of his parents, we had a heart to heart talk.

He could not remember what we had. The love he had for me was totally gone. I showed him our photos and videos, but he just shook his head, not remembering all of it.

"It's hard to process everything right now. Just give me time. When it comes back, I'll make up to you. I promise," he held my hand, squeezing it tightly.

I hung on to his promise, and waited for his memory to come back. He recovered after three weeks. I was with him and his parents when he was discharged from the hospital, and traveled back to New York.

I thought we were slowly progressing, and we could rekindle our love now that he was in New York. Instead, he was seeing Angela, and secretly at first.

I confronted him when I found out, and it turned out to be a mess.

"Give me room, you're suffocating me," he bursted at me, "I'm the victim here, I'm the one who lost a memory. Why can't you be considerate and let me rediscover myself! I told you I need time. If you really love me, then you have to wait! If not... then go and leave me alone."

That was very heartbreaking. I ended up having a breakdown and was confined in a hospital. As expected, he never visited me. The next thing I knew, he was openly dating Angela.

"I heard you're working for Stavrakos?" Mr. Coyle asked me. I was surprised that they knew.

"Of course!" It was dad who answered, smiling proudly, "it's confidential actually. She's doing research for the AR-VR project."

"That's very impressive! I'm sure your salary is very huge. The Stavrakos are very generous to their employees," Mr. Coyle looked really impressed.

"Not to mention the benefits, allowances and vacation packages," Dad said to his best friend, "but I still want her to work for New York University, in our Alma Mater."

"Ahh... that's your frustration," Mr. Coyle laughed, "I remember how you always wanted to teach Finance there."

I was relieved that they started talking about their college days, and stopped talking about me.

Kristov texted.

I miss you (with a blowing kiss emoji). What are you doing?

I texted back.

Eating Korean food. I sent a picture of me, holding a chopstick and a sushi).

What about you?

He sent an image. He was standing in front of his bathroom mirror, shaving, with only a white towel wrapped around his hips.

Oh my goodness, I felt so hot all over.

I replied.

(3 Fire emojis and a blowing kiss)

He responded.

(A smiling face emoji with floating hearts)

More food arrived, and I was silently eating when Mrs. Coyle mentioned Jacob.

"Jacob is in Florida with Angela. He said that he promised to take her there on their anniversary. They'll be gone for a week."

"Where in Florida?" Mom asked.

"In Miami," Mrs. Coyle answered, "he took her shopping for bikinis the other day."

My heart jolted. It was me whom he promised to take to Florida on our anniversary. He also insisted that I take him when I shop for bikinis, because I would be needing his opinion.

Angela surely knew it was not for her, but mine, and she played along with him.

The thought of them together, really infuriated me. Jacob disgusted me most, having a good time under the sun and fucking Angela, then expected me to wait for him? What a chauvinist pig!

"Any sign that Jacob's memory of Pia already comes back?" Mom asked, as if I was not there.

"Hmm... it's been more than a year. But he said he can't remember anything," Mrs. Coyle looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"It took him so long," Mom muttered in disapproval, "I thought it would only be for a few months."

"I know it's not normal anymore. His doctor said to give him some time."

"Well..." Mom scoffed, "he should hurry if he still wants our Pia. Maybe it would help if he bumps his head on the wall."

"Divine, that's not a nice thing to say about my son," Mrs. Coyle suddenly looked upset.

"I'm just kidding," Mom waved her hand, a gesture of dismissal, "I just find it so unfair. Jacob is with Angela, honeymooning somewhere, and our Pia here is waiting for him."

"He doesn't want that either. But he can't remember Pia, and he's rediscovering himself. It's a process, Divine, that needs time," Mrs. Coyle turned to me, "once his memory comes back, he'll be back to you. That's what he said."

Rediscovering himself? Her words registered in my mind.

"When?" Mom asked Mrs. Coyle impatiently.

"We don't know. Maybe today... or tomorrow... or next week," Mrs. Coyle referring to the near future, giving me high hopes.

"Maybe never," Mom laughed sarcastically, "I want Pia to entertain other guys. She'll end up an old maid like her aunt Jodie if she keeps on waiting for Jacob."

Mrs. Coyle shook her head, with tongue clicking, eyeing with distaste, "if you do that, Jacob will be very disappointed in you once his memory comes back."

Once his memory comes back.

I shot her with a twisted smile.

"Actually, I agree with Mom, Mrs. Coyle," holding her eyes, coldly, "Jacob is not as invested as I am, and he's not making an effort to try to work out our relationship. I realized, it's time to let him go."

"How could you easily give up?" Mrs. Coyle snapped at me.

"You think what I did for your son was not enough? I tried so hard, to the point that I looked pathetic, stupid and desperate. The more I chased him, the more he avoided me and turned to Angela."

"You disappoint me, Pia. I thought you're a strong woman," Mrs. Coyle gave me a hostile glare.

My face instantly went grim. I held my head high and replied sharply.

"I am strong, Mrs. Coyle, I have no doubt about that. I just don't want to play the victim here," I swallowed hard trying to hide my anger, "I don't want to keep on waiting anymore, I might miss the train leading to the one for me. I realized, it's time for me to rediscover myself too."

All eyes at the table turned at me. Dad's expression turned murderous, while Mom's face lit up.

"Oh Pia... I'm so happy that finally, you're opening up," Mom said to me, then turned to Mrs. Coyle, "I told you, she has a lot of admirers."

"What are you saying, Pia!" Dad exclaimed.

"I'm going on a date tonight, Dad, and I'm not asking for your permission."

"A date? What the hell!" he looked at Mr. and Mrs. Coyle, looking embarrassed.

"Do I know him?" Mom asked curiously, her eyes gleamed with excitement.

"You'll meet him tonight," I assured her.

Mrs. Coyle chuckled nastily, "well, I just hope that guy won't make a fool of you."

I smiled blandly, "Oh, I'm sure he won't, Mrs. Coyle. He doesn't have amnesia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 78.6K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
663K 22.1K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
402K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...