MAE DAY (Book 1 COMPLETE) (Bo...

By MariaCooney

WATTY AWARD FINALIST - MOST POPULAR - PARANORMAL ROMANCE Awarded MOST READ 2013 achieving #1 ROMANCE, PARANOR... More

Chapter 1 - MAE DAY
Chapter 2 - MAE DAY
Chapter 3 - MAE DAY
Chapter 4 - MAE DAY
Chapter 5 - MAE DAY
Chapter 6 - MAE DAY
Chapter 7 - MAE DAY
Chapter 8 - MAE DAY
Chapter 9 - MAE DAY
Chapter 10 - MAE DAY
Chapter 11 - MAE DAY
Chapter 12 - MAE DAY
Chapter 13 - MAE DAY
Chapter 14 - MAE DAY
Chapter 15 - MAE DAY
Chapter 16 - MAE DAY
Chapter 17 - MAE DAY
Chapter 18 - MAE DAY
Chapter 19 - MAE DAY
Chapter 20 MAE DAY
Chapter 21 MAE DAY
Chapter 22 MAE DAY
Chapter 23 MAE DAY
Chapter 24 MAE DAY
Chapter 25 MAE DAY
Chapter 26 MAE DAY
Chapter 27 MAE DAY
Chapter 28 MAE DAY
Chapter 29 MAE DAY
Chapter 30 MAE DAY
Chapter 31 MAE DAY
Chapter 32 MAE DAY
Chapter 33 MAE DAY
Chapter 34 MAE DAY
Chapter 35 MAE DAY
Chapter 36 MAE DAY
Chapter 37 MAE DAY
Chapter 38 MAE DAY
Chapter 39 MAE DAY
Chapter 40 MAE DAY
Chapter 41 MAE DAY
Chapter 42 MAE DAY
Chapter 43 MAE DAY
Chapter 44 MAE DAY
Chapter 45 MAE DAY
Chapter 46 MAE DAY
Chapter 47 MAE DAY
Chapter 48 MAE DAY
Chapter 49 MAE DAY
Chapter 50 MAE DAY
Chapter 51 MAE DAY
Chapter 52 MAE DAY
Chapter 53 - MAE DAY
Chapter 55 - MAE DAY
Chapter 56 - MAE DAY
Chapter 57 - MAE DAY
Chapter 58 - MAE DAY
Chapter 59 - MAE DAY
Chapter 60 - Mae Day
Chapter 61 - Mae Day
Chapter 62 - MAE DAY
Chapter 63 - MAE DAY
Chapter 64 - Mae Day
Chapter 65 - Mae Day
Chapter 66 - Mae Day
Chapter 67 - Mae Day
Chapter 68 - Mae Day
Chapter 69 - Mae Day
Chapter 70 - Mae Day
Chapter 71 - Mae Day
Chapter 72 - Mae Day
Chapter 73 - Mae Day
Chapter 74 - Mae Day
Chapter 75 - Mae Day
Chapter 76 - Mae Day
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - Mae Day

Chapter 54 - Mae Day

33.3K 770 73
By MariaCooney

I tried to lift my head as the foul stench of the floor burnt my nose and eyes. I started to cough and choke as my throat realised how dry it was and the fumes were toxic.

"Urgh she has an infection. Humans and their germs... urgh!"

"Drag her through here and get those clothes off her. No one wants to see their meal dressed in that."

"You clean her. I am not touching her."

"Don't be an idiot. Put her in the back. I'm sure if we fatten her up we can get a good price later."

I was dragged along the ground, my hip catching on a step as I was hauled into a room.

"Here get that shit off you," the voice said and chucked a bucket of freezing cold water over my head, causing me to catch my breath before starting to choke again.

"What is your name human?"

"M...ae," I spluttered still trying to clear my eyes. Everything was blurry I couldn't see a thing.

"I'll check the list and see who ordered you," he said leaving.

It was only then I realised it was not water he had thrown on me but piss. A bucket of wee! Stinging my cuts and burning my eyes, nose and throat. I tried to feel around in desperation for a cloth or water to clean them. I felt something cold and sticky like glue so shook my hand to get rid of it and scrambled around for something else as my eyes felt full of grit. I finally felt a cloth and pulled it towards me, hearing a sliding sound as I dragged it and pictured it being in a wash basket or something. I wiped my eyes with the material. It stunk to high heavens and immediately grew stronger as though I had pulled the lid off something rotten. Was it muslin on cheese or meat...I started to get sick as the fumes got the better of me again.

"What the hell is going on? Leave them bodies alone," a voice said pulling me up in the air till my legs dangled like a child.

"My eyes," I said hanging there exhausted.

One minute I was in the air, the next I was being held under water and drowning. My eyes popping open in horror as I fought for breath and flayed my arms and legs everywhere.

"Better?" a voice asked and turned me to face it.... I screamed hysterically. "Yes that's right human I am a troll."

I screamed with all my might at the giant in front of me. Huge nose, rotting teeth and eyes that bore holes into my soul. I screamed again before being thrown to the floor and trying to scramble away but banged into something. I looked up at what I had hit, a pile of human remains. Torso's, limb, heads, hands, feet... my eyes flicked to place I was at before. A womans lower half in a long skirt was what I had dragged towards me and used to wipe my eyes.

I screamed as I scrambled back into a corner.

"Keep the noise down!" someone yelled.

"It's not my fault you said bring her out here!" the troll called back.

"Take her downstairs to storage! She'll make less noise there."

"I thought you wanted to fatten her up. She'll die down there."

"I've changed my mind. I can't be bothered, lets just strip her down, price her up and stick her with the rest," another troll said appearing.

"I bet you, her left leg, that she doesn't last the night down there."

"She might surprise you."

"No way there will be nothing left of her by tomorrow."

"So I'll sell her bones. Her pelvis has not bore any children, her skull has wonderful structure and her feet look delicious. Not forgetting the money we will make from her hair, skin and nail. It's a shame she isn't bigger, human fat is selling quicker than we can harvest it."

"Her fingers do look tasty... oh look a ring. That is mine I spotted it first!"

I tried to run but was yanked up in the air again before being slammed onto a blood drenched table as my clothes were ripped off. I screamed until they shoved the heel of a severed and rotten foot in my mouth to shut me up. I tried to spit it out, force it out with my tongue but they tied it there with a scrap of a dead mans clothing and laughed.

"Someones put their foot in it," one joked.

"Oh great! She's got a tattoo. That will take down the price. Get rid of it. She has a scar too. Some sort of operation. I doubt her liver is of any use."

"I'm sure someone will have it. I'll take the eyes and kidneys for my wife as a treat."

"I know a witch who was looking for a heart and brain but I think she wanted a child. See if we can persuade her to take these though."

"Hold her still while I get rid of this."

I screamed as they burnt off my tattoo with a scalding hot poker and my mind pictured being dissected at any second. That was obviously what had happened to those poor people on the floor. Lee!! I thought, Lee!!

"Is she a Virgin?" One asked.

"I doubt it. This looks like a wedding ring," the other replied clawing it off my hand.

I screamed as they pulled me up in the air so I was hanging upside down by my ankle towards the floor. My legs pulled open like carrier bag handles by one as the other poked around to check making me scream against the heel in my mouth.

"No, she isn't. It is nice and young though so we need to be careful not to ruin it, the wife's mother pickles them for the winter. They are lovely with a side of leg I'm sure she will appreciate its quality. Stick her with the others. There is no point in fattening her up. I just need her bones and hair the rest is just leftovers to take home."

"I'll take her down."

I tried to concentrate on Conrad to call him but I couldn't. My mind was too foggy and confused to work out what to do and every second I was being tortured meant my mind was consumed with fighting for my life. I was carried dangling by one legs to another room. Rushing along so fast I was bashing against rocks in the wall cutting into my backside, shoulders and head.

"Just throw her in and lets get going I've got a family dinner to get to. My wifes uncle is having his 181st!"

"Shame she wasn't a virgin you could have took her to him for some fun."

"That would have been ideal, he'd have split her in half before he was even done with her mind but it would have been fun to watch," the said booming with laughter.

Uncle... I had an uncle once. What was his name... erm... A door creaked open and the sounds of moans, screams and cries for help filled my ears. Robbing me of my last thought.

"Here put her in that one," I was held over a cage.

Hands reaching out begging, clawing at me but when it opened they all run and scattered. I hit the floor with a brain shaking thud causing me to bite into the foot in my mouth. My hands scrambling to the binding and it as I was sick with the foul taste in my mouth.

My was body knocked out of the way by a crowd of people all jostling for something. It took me a while to notice some licking up my sick, other fighting over the foot. They tore apart and chewed on like rabid dogs. I began to dry heave barely able to catch my breath.

My head was pouring with blood, and the rest of my body was in bits. It reminded me of Suri's head wound earlier. I needed Uncle... Uncle...what was his name. Morris... no.... erm... Maurice that was it! Maurice! I need to call Maurice.

I dragged myself towards a wall out of the way, the floor covered in faeces and god knows what else made it slippy and near impossible to get there as quick as I wanted. Just as I got there my legs were grabbed and pulled back. I tried kicking as a several people attacked me. All kicking, biting and some trying to get between or behind my legs... I screamed and flayed around.

"Conrad!!! Please!"

The men fighting over me as they had the foot.

"CONRAD!" I screamed aloud. "CONRAD!"

"Mae?"

I couldn't answer I was too busy fighting. As two tired to force themselves between my legs and several clawed at my mouth trying to force it open.

"Mae where are you?"

I could only scream in head.

"MAE!... Get me Lee now!"

Someone was trying to gauge my eyes out, others biting me and ripping at my ears whilst I still fought against the men fighting each other to get inside me first.

"MAE!!! You need to scream Lee's name now. He can't find you unless you scream. Say it Lee Grayson! He is near you, scream so he can hear you."

I opened my mouth to scream and immediate closed it as someone tried to stick their dick in it.

"She's being attacked. Think of another way. Mae think of Lee as hard as you can. My father will try to link you. Think of him!"

I felt my shoulder pulled from it's socket and screamed!

"He is there you just need to think of him so he can find you. It will be that quick. Just like when you call me. THINK LEE!"

Leeee... Leeee.... L.... a roar filled the space around me. Everyone ran apart from the three who continued to fight to get my legs apart.

A second roar joined the first as the sound of a fight broke out. My attackers hands disappeared as they we hit by something big and heavy, knocking them away. Screams dying out with the sound of choking and gasping.

"Mae, stay still," Conrad said. "Lee is on a rampage. Do not get in the way, stay there. I'm getting Uncle for you. Just stay still, let Lee and his father protect you."

Two lions.

"Yes his father is with him...."

I passed out in a cage full of two lions eating people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 95.3K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐑𝐒𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 π«π¨π¦πšπ§πœπžπŸ”ž) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
6.6K 716 25
Who knew that a Faery and a Werewolf, much less an Alpha, could be destined to one another? But, there is nothing special about their bond, it is as...
152 10 23
[ WATTYS SHORTLIST 2021 ] She's always assumed werewolves was a fantasy, but on her 16th birthday, she learns everything she ever believed in was a l...
1.2M 29.1K 23
He was afraid of the storms in her eyes, but somehow, they were meant to be. [ warning: my writing was a complete disaster in 2013. read at your own...