Til our mission do us part.

By Muffy_is_a_Muffin

A series of One shots about Damian and Anya Damian Desmond is not in love with a peasant girl. At least he w... More

Table of Contents
Valentines day
Victory tastes sweet
Hanahaki
Hanahaki part 2
Midnight walk
Midnight Walk part 2
Date?!?
Date?!? Part 2
Brown eyes
Brown eyes part 2
Jealousy Jealousy
Fates game
Fake Family
Festival Farewell
Her song
Genshin head cannons
Take me out?! A Christmas Special

School Dance

8.6K 278 408
By Muffy_is_a_Muffin

Anya and Damian are in middle school here so they are about 14-15 ish.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's the winter formal dance at Eden academy, all the boys and girls of said academy have dressed to impress their fellow classmates. Anya is wearing a sage green off-the-shoulder tea-length dress courtesy of Becky. Becky's outfit consisted of a beautiful dark blue ballroom gown adorned with gold accessories. Damian sported a black suit with a sage green tie, not because he wanted to match with Anya or anything just because it looked nice.

—————————————————————————

Anya ran a hand through her hair, her sigh was barely audible over the music. She tried to drown out the inner voices of the other guests and stop herself from reading their minds. The only person's voice she wouldn't have minded hearing was nowhere in sight. If she really wanted to she could focus and find his thoughts but she chose not to after all what right did she have to read his mind.

Scratch that Anya needed to read his mind at all times in order for operation Strix to succeed. If she failed to help her father complete this mission world peace would cease to exist. Anya herself would never let that happen. She couldn't let that happen. She nodded to herself briefly coming up with a plan before running around trying to find Becky in the crowd. She had arrived with Becky so she had to be somewhat nearby and Anya had just enough energy to look for her alone.

After concentrating really hard on trying to find a familiar voice in her head, 'this party isn't anything like the movies. Where are all the hot guys?' she narrowed down Becky's thoughts and raced in her direction. Anya's head throbbed from all the voices echoing in her head, she wished so bad she could turn off her power at this very moment.

"Becky, did you see where Sy-on boy went?" Anya whined as she tugged on her best friend's arm. clinging to Becky gave her warmth and comfort to the point she felt she could breathe and think again. Becky over the years had become Anya's safe place, someone she could always run to when things weren't going right no matter what. No matter the day or the time if you saw Becky you could assume Anya was there as well clinging to her arm or her hand. One habit Anya had never grown out of was her clinginess towards Becky.

"I haven't seen him Anya but I'm sure he's around here somewhere." A smirk lit up Becky's face as she spoke in a sickly sweet tone "after all Damian would never leave you alone at a party. He's probably beating himself up about not asking you to dance with him."

Go on Anya. Go find your prince charming. I need my ship to sail. I did not watch love in berlin for nothing.

Anya stared at her friend with wide eyes she chose to ignore her friend's thoughts, "Does Sy-on boy even know how to dance with a girl?" Anya closed her eyes and pictured Damian stomping on his dance partner's shoes while devil horns sprung from his head, simultaneously yelling out mean insults to make his partner cry.

Becky giggled and shoved Anya forward, "go find out Anya! I'll be rooting for you"

Anya grumbled about how weird Becky was but carried on searching for her Sy-on boy. While Damian wasn't exactly hers though she heavily believed in the expression of if I named it, it's mine. She had named Damian, Sy-on boy therefore he was hers in a sense. Anya broke from her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice in her head.

Anya turned in his direction and watched the scene unfold in front of her with a face full of amusement. A girl had asked Damian to dance with him, Anya recalled her from her father's notes on people for Anya to befriend; the girl's father had owned several hospitals and was quite renowned in his field.

"I would never dance with a girl like you, especially one as low class as you." Damian spat his eyes had narrowed in complete disbelief. The girl's eyes widened in shock not believing Damian would have turned her down like that, to stifle her embarrassment she quickly retreated into the shadows of the dark room.

This is so annoying. Who do those girls think they are asking me to dance. I'm a Desmond for crying out loud. There's only one exception I would even consider making for- no don't say it why are you even thinking about her snap out of it!

"Sy-on boy?"

Great now you're imagining her voice.

"SY-ON BOY!"

"Huh?" Damian's brown eyes met her own green ones. He seemed surprised at first but quickly covered it up.

"If it isn't shrimpy girl." Damian snickered eyeing her up and down a light pink dusting his cheeks as he realized how pretty Anya looked in her dress. He cleared his throat in a mocking voice he went on, "What do you want Shrimp? Don't even get any ideas. I would never dance with you." He avoided her gaze completely worried his face might give away what he was actually thinking, Anya had always had a talent for knowing exactly what he was thinking just from looking at his face.

Don't lose your composure, Damian! You can't let her know how bad you want to dance with her! WAIT NO WHY WOULD I EVEN THINK THAT I DON'T WANT TO DANCE WITH A COMMONER!

Anya's cool expression changed to a bright smile, her eyes had a soft glint to them as she held her hand out to him, "dance with me Sy-on boy."

How can she smile that stupidly cute smile when I just insulted her. She must be stupider than I originally thought.

Damian stared at her and turned his nose up "you wish I would dance with you Shrimpy girl."

Anya smirked a taunt leaving her lips, "ha you're right Sy-on boy. You probably can't even dance anyway. You'd probably step on my toes and smash them because you're a beanstalk." Anya always knew exactly what to say to push Damian's buttons and get her way.

Damian blinked at her in disbelief, " yeah well I bet I'm a better dancer than you! You probably can't even dance because you're a shrimp."

Damian sighed loudly as he gave in his face flushing a light pink, he held out his hand towards Anya waiting for her to grab his hand. Anya stare at him dumbly glancing between his hand and his face wondering if he was being serious.

"what are you waiting for idiot. Take my hand, my arms getting tired." Damian's fierce gaze met her own soft one, "Dance with me Sy-on boy." Anya whispered grabbing his hand gently, Damian's heart started racing and he pulled his hand back.

He hesitated before reaching his hand out again but this time he stuck out his pinky, "Whatever I'll Dance with you, just promise you won't step on my feet."

Anya wrapped her pinky with his, "Promise!" Anya gently took his hand and intertwined their fingers her cheeks were dusted a light pink. Damian noticed finally feeling like he had the upper hand for once saw this and teased her instantly.

"What's wrong Shrimp you got a crush on me or something?"

Anya's face deadpanned, "your hands are really sweaty and I didn't know how to tell you."

"w-wha- WHAT?" Damian yanked his hand away from her once again his face exploding a bright red. He wiped his hands furiously on his handkerchief all the while glaring at Anya. He opened his mouth to say an insult but he was cut off by Anya.

"I didn't say it bothered me. My hands are clammy too, so..." Anya trailed off her face flushed slightly missing the warmth of her hand in his. No, she stopped herself from thinking those thoughts reminding herself this was for operation Strix. All of this was for operation Strix. So why did her heart ache when she thought this, she shook her head to clear her thoughts and focus on the mission in front of her, "So give me back your hand Sy-on boy!"

Damian stared at her in silence his already red face burning a brighter red if that's even possible. "Whatever Forger." Damian grabbed her hand roughly leading her to the dance floor in the process.

Once they were in the middle of the dance floor Damian offered her his other hand, Anya reluctantly moved closer to him and rested her hands on his shoulder. Damian tensed under Anya's touch his face involuntarily flushed a bright red his thoughts spiraling in the process.

She's so close I didn't think this through oh my god. She smells so good, I wonder what shampoo she uses. She's so cute when she's blushing, should I tease her some more? I wonder if she would let me k-kiss her

Damian's face burned red as he tried to gather his thoughts.

That's lewd and inappropriate Damian. Stupid why would you even think that she's just shrimpy girl she's not cute or anything so stop thinking weird thoughts

Anya's face flushed pink at the thought of kissing there was no way she would ever kiss Sy-on boy. He's a jerk and he's part of her mission there was no way she could kiss him no matter how soft his lips looked or how handsome he looked in his suit and styled hair. Anya shook her head furiously to hide her embarrassment she grabbed a fistful of Damian's coat and pressed herself into his chest so he couldn't see the effect he had on her.

Damian froze his head started rushing his face blotched red, without realizing it his hands wrapped around Anya and pulled her even closer to his chest. Damian let himself calm down while he hugged Anya his body swaying slightly to the music. While this wasn't what he anticipated when she asked him to dance we wouldn't have it any other way. His hand moved to unconsciously stroke the pink-haired girl's curls, he felt her tense at his touch but slowly relax into it. His eyes closed and he buried his head into Anya's shoulder inhaling her scent.

They stayed like that for several hours ignoring everyone else, ignoring how whatever this was would only end badly, ignoring the pain and longing they felt towards each other. Just at that moment, they were just Anya and Damian. Not Anya Forger or Damian Desmond. Just Sy-on boy and shrimpy girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6K 26
𝓡𝓸𝓲𝓭 𝔁 𝔂𝓸𝓻 | [πŸ…‚πŸ„ΏπŸ…ˆ πŸ…‡ πŸ„΅πŸ„°πŸ„ΌπŸ„ΈπŸ„»πŸ…ˆ] Yor knows that something is wrong. She knows that she's beginning to feel deeper feelings for the husba...
155K 5.4K 23
(VERY UNREALISTIC) Two kids adopted by an S-Class spy, one telepathic and one prodigy genius. Both didn't exactly have the best past, until he came...
24.5K 389 17
What will happen when Twilight's whole identity gets revealed to Yor? And when Anya's telepathic abilities and Yor's real job get exposed? Will the f...
112K 3.2K 25
𝓭π“ͺ𝓢𝓲π“ͺ𝓷 𝔁 π“ͺ𝓷𝔂π“ͺ (modern highschool au) Why had he waited so long? Damian found that question bothering him more than ever now that his high...