The Value of Tears (En- JayWo...

By ENCARMOA96

Jay only values the valuable and that is money and his life but Jungwon is a different story as he values eve... More

Start
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIII pt. 2
XXIII pt. 3
XXIII pt. 4
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII (FINAL)
Bonus Chapter

XXXIV

1.3K 86 20
By ENCARMOA96

Jay

Jungwon is now asleep and I let out a huge sigh of relief.

Since when is he introduced to this type of stuff? I mean, I am literally taken aback the moment he began to ask about taking off clothes. Thank goodness, years of self control training has done its job.

I opened my phone to see a text and I want to be mad when I saw my dad's number on display. I don't know why he hid the truth from me and why is he not planning to tell me everything. He wants to talk to me tho, why?

I slowly pull away from Jungwon but I was shocked when his eyes immediately shot open and he held me down with a firm grasp.

"No . . "

"Carrots, dad wants to talk to me"

"Please?"

His hold is firmer and his lips are trembling as his eyes slowly water making me immediately held him close with his head on my chest as I slowly rub his back.

"Ok, sleep, I'm not going anywhere"

"Promise?"

"I promise, I will text dad now. ."

On second thought, where is dad now? Does he know we almost got killed by Sooho? Does he know that no one is home at the moment? Does he know that I already know the truth about my real family?

More importantly, do people know that we're attacked and were basically almost killed today? Or did Sooho work so clean that not even a soul know what he did? Are the men I shot still alive? Or did I really kill someone? I sure hope not.

After telling dad through a recorded message that I am not home and that I will talk to him soon but not now, I place my phone on the side of the table and was about to drift back to sleep when my phone rang.

I am expecting to see dad's name on the screen but I got curious when I saw Sunoo's number.

Why is he suddenly calling me? Did something happen?

"Sunoo? What's wrong?"

"I know I shouldn't be calling you at this hour but I cannot let this night past without telling you something. . . "

"What is it?"

My sudden movement made Jungwon stir in his sleep so I immediately rub his back softly making him go back to his slumber.

"Well, uhm . . you know how Jungwon and I are mermen right?"

"Yeah . . what about it?"

"Well, what we didn't tell you is that, we're royalty. Our ancestors ruled one part of the ocean for generations and Jungwon and I are princes. Our kingdom is powerful and rich that a lot of other kingdoms envy us. . . one night, three kingdoms came together and attacked us . . . we're not ready and they're strong. . . . Jungwon and I were saved and we fled but because of the intensity of the war underwater, the waves are too powerful that we parted ways. . . but there's more.

Our kingdom is actually attacked not for the power or whatsoever, it is because kingdoms under the sea are after Jungwon. .  you see, Jungwon is no ordinary merman. Apart from his healing power, he's the only merman in our kingdom that is born with the power that can only be bestowed on a merperson in every century. . .

I still dont know a lot about that but I do know that the merman or mermaid who possess that power can literally rule the whole ocean and no one can control them. . . for the past years that this power was given, the whole ocean is either in chaos or in the best order possible. .

The thing is, after the kingdoms heard about Jungwon possessing that power, they began to form alliances to get him to their side and use him for their evil deeds or whatever the heck they want.

Jungwon is still not aware of how powerful he really is. If he doesn't know how to control it, it would be dangerous if they get him. . .

The thing is, I saw those merpeople who wanted Jungwon here on land. . . I'm afraid that they are everywhere to look for him and they know he's on Earth. . some of them could be in the sea. . ."

Shit?!

"No . . Jungwon can't be in that situation. . Sunoo you're mistaken. Jungwon is not that merman"

"Jay. . . both of us have royal blood . . . when I transform into my original form, did you see my hair color and eye color change?"

"No . ."

"That's the sign of the power on a merperson. . . no mermaid or merman can change eye color or hair color ever, except the most powerful one. . and Jungwon, when he was born, his hair is blue, his eyes are blue and it is like the sign of his power . ."

"So you're telling me, Jungwon is in danger . . . "

"Yeah . . but that's not the craziest part . ."

"What do you mean?"

"It seems like the one who told Sooho about Jungwon is the one who is looking for Wonie. . . Sooho is working with the merman to get you two both. . I saw them and I happen to hear what they're saying. .  and also, be more careful because if I am not mistaken, a lot of merman are already here for Jungwon . . ."

I froze upon the realization that this whole thing really cannot guarantee our win. On land and in water, no where is safe, well unless we're air and we can live in the clouds but, wherever we go, there could be eyes on us.

Maybe even in our hotel room, someone is already waiting for us to come out and then kill us both, wait they won't do that, they will just take us both and torture us to do what they want.

"How about you Sunoo? Doesn't that mean you're also in danger?"

"No. .  they don't interest me really because I am just the heir to the throne which is already nonexistent. . . the important thing is, you and Jungwon will be safe . . and everything will be finished. . "

"I will make sure nothing happens to us. Don't worry too much and don't let yourself be captured by them especially they know you're his brother and you're on land ok?"

"Thank you Jay .. "

I hung up before I let out a huge breathe. I cannot even breathe properly right now. How did those other merpeople know about him? How did they manage to have legs just like them? Where did they take their own necklace just like what Sunoo and Jungwon has?

I again dialed Sunoo's number hoping he's still awake.

"jay hyung"

"Riki, where is Sunoo?"

"He's in the bathroom. . wait, he's here. . . . ..

Jay?"

"Hey, if you and Jungwon manage to have legs with the use of your voice and your necklace. . is there any other way for you guys to grow legs?"

Silence follows and it looks like even Sunoo has no idea on how his kind managed to come to land.

"I'm not sure but there's a myth within the ocean about a sea shell that mermaids used a long time ago to come to land . . they will just rub the shell on their tail and then they have legs. . . however, unlike Jungwon and I, their tail will emerge back once their feet touches sea water. . . that's been just stories tho. . . "

"Ok thank you . ."

After hanging up, I slowly sat up without waking my Carrots up as I don't want to interrupt his sleep. I dialed the number of my investigator one more time and good thing he's awake.

"Jay . ."

"It's not over. . . I need your help. . . can you spy on Sooho for me? Don't do anything, just spy . . I was told he has some allies of mermaids and they're after my boyfriend and I. ."

"Oh . . you have a boyfriend. . woah, my boy is growing up. . so, they're after him. . is he a mermaid?"

"Yeah . . and apparently, he's wanted in the sea so I need your help to find out how those mer people grow legs. ."

"Interesting. . this should be fun. ."

"Where are you?"

"Lucky you, I am currently watching Sooho from his office and he's talking to a man . . . I'll record and send you . . or you want the conversation right now?"

"Right now please. ."

I heard shuffling from the other line and after a few seconds, I heard voices.

"So, what about our deal? We told you about Jungwon and you promised you'll get Jungwon and that Jay. . now, where are they?" This is an unfamiliar voice and I bet they belong to the merman.

"I told you, Jay is not an easy target, I have been planning on taking him down for years but he still manage to beat me in everything. . . if Jungwon is as powerful as you say, then how can you be so sure that we can beat the two of them? Jay is a monster and won't hesitate to kill us in one shot if he wants to but he's been holding back and hasn't killed anyone. However, he might do so if we're reckless"
I smirked when I heard Sooho spoke about me in a scared tone.

"How did the two end up together anyway? . . . but, whatever happens, we want Jungwon in our possession or you can kiss this building goodbye. . ."

"Yah, why won't you help a little bit? Its not like I'm the only one benefiting here"

"We found where they are. They're in this hotel and they're not home"

Shit they found us.

Just like that, I heard shuffling from outside the door and window from where we're sleeping.

I am about to wake Jungwon up when he suddenly sat up and look around with rage in his eyes.

"How on Earth did they found me?"

"Carrots?"

The door busts open and so as the window as people unfamiliar to me walked in with guns pointed towards our direction.

"You're still after me I see"

Jungwon sort of growled at the man with a smirk and I couldn't even be more proud of how brave he sounds.

"Just leave peacefully Jungwon"

"That's Prince Jungwon for you"

After he said that, my gun was suddenly placed in my hand by a water?

Jungwon's eyes glowed blue and he raised his hand and water surrounded us giving me the opening to shot man after man.

Of course, I won't kill them.

However, his merman looks persistent and is continuously trying to enter the shield of water Jungwon put up for us.

I pointed my gun towards him and he widen his eyes before firing his own gun.

Does he even know how that works?

"Surprise attacks won't work"

He screamed in frustration before jumping out the window.

"Why did you let him leave? I am about to kill him!"

Jungwon was about to follow but I held him down and gather our things before we drove away after paying.

When we reached a secluded area, Jungwon is shaking and his eyes are still glowing.

"I should've killed them . . they kill my parents and took our home. . . the three kingdoms are after me. . I'm gonna kill them. . why did you held me down?!!"

I flinched after he spoke.

"What?"

"I felt their presence near me and I couldn't want anything more than to kill them, why did you held me back? That's my chance, they came to me!"

Tears poured from his eyes as I reached out to hold him but he just looks at me with pure rage before water suddenly struck me making me fly out the car.

Jungwon got out and I honesty got terrified with his aura. Water surrounded him as he walks closer but I won't let that anger consume him like how it did to me.

I met him and before he does anything I grabbed his wrist and pinned him down the ground.

He struggles but I wont let him do something he will regret for life. I am hurting from the words he kept telling me like how he hates me for doing that but I must not let him be lost.

I just stared him down and I felt my own eyes watering.

"Carrots. . stop . .  please . . relax"

As I saw the water disappear, he still is mad but under those fiery eyes, I saw pain and regret.

I carefully caress his cheek as I slowly place my lips on his. I slowly kissed him and I let out a sigh of relief when he kissed me back with his arms wrapping themselves around my nape.

________

(to be continued)

I didn't edit this one . . forgive me for any errors 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 447 14
Sunoo doesn't know why, he doesn't even know how but, he knows, he hates hates HATES Yang Jungwon. Reason being? that....... he does not know. but, w...
162K 9.7K 53
Killer's Addiction 1 What if a serial killer has his own addiction he can't live without? ⚠️Warnings⚠️ -boyxboy -toxic -some inappropriate scenes (...
5.5K 192 9
Sunoo is in love with one of the more popular boys at school. He believes his love is one sided, but everything changes once an unintentional love le...
48.7K 1.5K 18
in which two young and popular kpop idols fall in love with each other. one is extremely talented at dancing, the other has a smile worth all the gol...