PrimRose

By Avesee

FULL NAME: Primrose Rhys Davidson DISLIKES: Her first name, Primrose Rhys Davidson lived the last eight years... More

Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
06. Not. My. Girlfriend
07. Regina and Friends
08. The Emperor's Speech
09. Hot Dog
10. Badass
11. Pure Bliss
12. Lunch in Class
13. Relationshipology
14. The Bowling Alley
15. Shawn to the Rescue
16. Never Far From Trouble
17. Left Out
18. Fire Breathers
19. A Shitty Day
20. Meeting Another Davidson
21. A Perfect Snack
22. Fire Fairy
23. Remi's Kitchen
24. Fire Breathers II
25. The Karate Kids
26. A Hot Sack of Potatoes
27. All Just a Bad Dream
28. Dinner at the Kings
29. Unexpected
30. Strong Girls Don't Cry
31. Kings Delight
32. Brother Zoned
33. Better off as Enemies
34. Senior Elijah
35. Another Encounter with Mr. Davidson
36. Rhys and Abel
37. The Adekoyas
38.
39. Little Soldier
40.

CHAPTER TWO

23 7 2
By Avesee

"Daddy where is mine?" GG demanded.

"What are you talking about?" Shawn asked playing innocent.

GG pouted in annoyance at her father's game, "My own pwesent!"

"Here it is, hun" mom took out a purple Sofia the First backpack from behind her.

"Sofia!" GG screamed loudly and hugged mom then ran to hug her father as well. "Tantuu. Tantuu. Tantuu." she gushed on and on and clutched her backpack.

"You're welcome" Shawn kissed the top of her head.

"Let's have our breakfast" mom said.

We were all seated on the dining which was for a family of six. The two ends of the table were empty. Shawn and mom sat together on one side of the table while GG and I were on the opposite side of the table.
I sat facing Shawn while GG sat facing mom.

"Seems like you have something important to handle this morning" mom said.

"If it's about dropping the girls off at school and it's not a problem for me" Shawn said.

"Dan can drop GG off at school then drop me off. I actually don't mind" I suggested.

Dan is my mom's driver.

"Really?" Shawn asked.

"Yes. I would love to drop my baby sister off on her first day" I said and started poking her ribs till she was a laughing mess.

"I guess that's settled then. By the way, you two look really lovely in your uniforms" mom complimented.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"Tantuu" GG said happily.

I hardly had time to look at her uniform. It was a purple tartan plaid pinafore that stopped just below her knees and a light purple shirt. I remember mom and I buying a few pairs of white socks and black shoes so I assumed that was what was on her feet. She looked really adorable. The purple complimented her light skin tone that reminded me of a ripe pawpaw.

"You seem really excited today" I said and she vigorously nodded her head, the braids on her head bobbed up and down as she did so.

One of us was excited about going to a new school in a new country while the other was almost peeing in her panties.

That's exaggerated though.

___________________________________

The closer Dan drove to Graham High, the more nervous I was becoming. I never thought I would ever be this nervous in my entire life.

I looked at the watch Shawn had gifted me earlier this morning and surprisingly it made me feel better.

Maybe I've got a lucky charm in this watch.

"Nervous?" Dan asked and looked at me through the rear mirror. He looked like someone in his late thirties or so. He was really kind and funny, sometimes.

I just nodded.

"You shouldn't. You are better than most of those rich kids you will meet there. Most of them are just cowards who try to feel better about themselves by bullying other people. But if you go in there bravely, with or without fear, keep your head up high and don't ever stoop to their level then I promise you that you will be fine" he said.

I nodded my head, "Thanks"

"Here we are" the car came to a stop, "Have a nice first day"

I stepped out of the car and walked in through the school gates.

Most of the school ground was sprayed with the beautiful green colour of carpet grass, the fairly wide driveway was covered with tar and there were pathways on either sides of the driveway. Each pathway was a step higher than the driveway and was made of concrete.

Beautiful flower stems lined the pathways separating them from the carpet grasses.

The school had three main buildings. The first on my left was a two storey building which was the administrative block and had a fairly large hall for some school events. The one in front of me and on my right looked very much alike, they were both three storey buildings.
Since I was here once with Shawn I knew which one was the administrative block so finding the principal's office wasn't much of a problem.

I stopped at his secretary's desk which was only a few steps away from his door.

"Good morning ma. I'm here to see Mr Bakare" I said politely.

"He is currently not on seat. You are Rhys Davidson, aren't you?" she asked.

"I am"

"Here are your notebooks, student handbook, your schedule and a hardcopy of your student profile, you might want to have a copy. Please make sure you go through everything so you don't get confused by so many things. Your class is SS2C. With what you are familiar with, that's junior year. You are going to be in red house. What that means is that the colour of all your sport wears will be red. All of that is in your profile just make sure you read it"

"Ok. Thanks. But how do I find my way around?" I asked.

"Someone will be here shortly to get you"

As if on cue, a male student walked in. He was dressed just as I was, only that of course he was wearing trouser and not a skirt. His shirt was neatly tucked into his trouser and held neatly with a black belt. His sneakers were plain black unlike mine.

He was tall, had good looks, a golden brown skin tone and soft features, he didn't seem like the athletic type. His face was still smooth, no sign of puberty setting in, yet. He looked gentle and nice.

My eyes lit with anticipation.
I liked him already.

"Good morning, Miss Ebele" he greeted.

"Good morning, Abel." Hmm, nice name for a nice guy. "Abel this is Rhys, she's going to be your new classmate. She's the one Mr Bakare told you about. Rhys this is Abel, he's going to be the one helping you around school for the entire week. You two share the same classes" Miss Ebele, the secretary introduced.

"Let's get going else we will be late for our first class" Abel said to me and collected most of the books I was holding.

What a perfect gentleman.
I nodded my head and followed him out of the office.

"Have a nice stay at Graham High!" she said loudly when we walked out of the office.

We left the administrative block and walked past the building next to it.

"This block is for the Junior Secondary School, abbreviated as JSS."

We were now standing in front of the building next to the first one he just showed me. "This is for the Senior Secondary School, abbreviated as SSS. But we usually just call it SS. This is where our classroom is. We are both in SS2C. A_class is for Science students, B_class is for Social Science and C_class is for Art students" he explained to me while we climbed the small steps that led to the huge building. We walked through the hallways.

No lockers by the walls. That's strange.

The entire building had a black, grey, silver and white colour scheme.

We climbed some stairs till we reached the first floor.

We walked down the hallway, it was deserted and I could hear distinct noises coming from different classrooms.

He stepped into a classroom where a teacher was already teaching or maybe taking roll call or so.

"Abel, you are late" the teacher stated.

"Miss Ebele asked me to get her" Abel explained.

I took that as my cue to step into the class.

Dozens of eyes were focused on me.

"Good morning sir" I greeted politely.

"Morning. Rhys, is it?"

"Yes sir"

"Class, meet your new classmate. I'll let her introduce herself."

I hope you enjoyed this one.
I tried to make this chapter a little longer.
Share your thoughts on this chapter.

Vote

Share

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 1.8K 29
Ewww!" He spat. "Me? Like you? I'd rather date a horse than date an ugly thing like you!" He seethed before forcefully pushing her on the floor, she...
35.2K 7.6K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...
7.1K 1.8K 49
Tega Oghenevero had just completed her elementary education and is set to go into high school. But her days of sunshine and rainbows are over, and th...
34.3K 4.7K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...