๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—’ ๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐–จ๐–จ

Por RE2RAW

๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๏ฟฝ... Mais

โฆ
๐š๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š•๐šŠ๐š’๐š–๐šœ
๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŽ
๐Ÿท
๐Ÿธ
๐Ÿน
๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿป
๐Ÿผ : Part One
๐Ÿฝ : Part Two
๐Ÿพ : Part Three
๐Ÿฟ
๐Ÿท๐Ÿถ
๐Ÿท๐Ÿท
๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ
๐Ÿท๐Ÿน
๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿท๐Ÿป
๐Ÿท๐Ÿผ : Part One
PSA PSA PSA!
๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ : Part Two
๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ
๐Ÿท๐Ÿฟ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿถ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿผ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฝ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿพ
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฟ
๐Ÿน๐Ÿถ
๐Ÿน๐Ÿท
๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ
๐Ÿน๐Ÿน
PSA about Copyright
๐Ÿน๐Ÿบ

๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

22.6K 1.1K 1.2K
Por RE2RAW

Ch 𝟸𝟸
When Something Feels Wrong
That's Because It Is
____

4:45pm
A FEW DAYS LATER
𝖧𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗇, 𝖳𝖷

"Momma that's not how you're supposed to do it." Aijah spoke as she sat at the kitchen island, watching her mom layer the lasagna with Mari sitting on the stool next to her.

"Well this is how I do it." Jocelyn retorted, earning a chuckle from Mari.

Aijah scratched her head as she leaned up on the counter and inspected the Lasagna. "If it comes out bad I'm not eating it."

"Girl boo! Go chew on a plastic plate or some. Just get out the way." Her mother spoke as she finished layering the lasagna and washed her hands. She turned around to face her daughter, drying her hands with a towel.

Aijah rolled her eyes and Mari laughed harder. She loved seeing Aijah and her mother interact because the mother-daughter duo had the same exact personality, their only difference was their age. But AJ got her smart mouth and attitude straight from her momma.

"I bet you that plastic plate gone have more flavor than that "lasagna" you're trynna make." Aijah pursed her lips to the side and made a sour face as she stared at the pan of lasagna. Jocelyn had an interesting way of layering her lasagna, but it was still lasagna nonetheless.

Jocelyn flicked the towel she was holding at Aijah, making her move out of the way to dodge it. "I don't know how you deal with her Amari." She shook her head, looking over at her daughter's friend.

"I don't know either sometimes."

Aijah rolled her eyes, playfully shoving Mari who's elbows rested on the island. "Don't even act like that shorty! You know we're stuck like glue."

"Mhmm." Mari hummed with a playful smile on her face as Aijah wrapped her arms around her and peppered kisses all over her cheek. "Alright, damn! That's enough."

Jocelyn chuckled at the girls and shook her head as she hung the towel back on the oven handle and glanced over at her daughter. "What happened to you not feeling good, Aijah?"

"I'm alright now." She shrugged as she pulled away from Mari. Jocelyn had took care of Aijah over the past week when she was trying to recover from food poisoning. No matter how grown she was, Jocelyn always felt better if Aijah laid sick in her house so she could watch over her.

"You wanna know where that food poisoning came from?" Jocelyn raised her eyebrows as she stared at her daughter, "It came from your conscious. It knew you were sleeping with a boy you weren't supposed to be sleeping with."

Aijah rolled her eyes while Mari chuckled from next to her. She was definitely starting to regret telling her mom about her and Rell's slip up. "Mama don't even start with that spiritual crap. I got Salmonella from going to The Sushi Korner. Not 'cause I slept with ole boy."

"Mhm. You keep tellin' yourself that."

"Maybe you're pregnant." Mari blurted. Aijah snapped her head at her, narrowing her eyes. Jocelyn shook her finger at Mari and nodded, realizing that was a possibility she hadn't thought of.

Jocelyn hummed. "I ain't even think of that."

"Preg- I'm gonna walk out on both of y'all right now if y'all don't stop with this mess." She waved her hands around dismissively.

"What? It's possible."

"It's food poisoning!" She knitted her eyebrows together. "Don't even wish pregnancy on me. If I was pregnant someone would've told me something when I went to the hospital that night."

"But they didn't draw your blood."

"So?" Aijah jerked her head back. "They still would've known."

Mari raised her hands in surrender and pursed her lips to the side. "Alright, you not pregnant. You got it."

Jocelyn stared at her daughter a little longer with her eyes squinted. "You're pregnant." She says before turning back around and to adjust the oven's temperature.

Aijah blew out a heavy breath and rolled her eyes. There was no convincing her mom different now. Now that the pregnancy seed was planted in Jocelyn's head, that was all she was gonna believe unless she was physically proven otherwise.

Aijah and Mari continued to converse amongst themselves while Jocelyn moved around the kitchen. Mari mentioned her dad coming to the studio soon and Jocelyn bit her bottom lip when she heard that. The conversation quickly turned into a discussion about the men in their life and Jocelyn couldn't hold back anymore. She placed the sponge she was cleaning the counter with on the small rack in the sink before turning around to face her daughter.

Aijah watched as her mother stared at her like she was nervous to speak. "You okay? What's wrong?" She frowned.

"He came back asking for you." Jocelyn spoke solemnly, watching Aijah's concerned facial expression drop to irritation almost instantly.

She blew air out of her nostrils as she turned her eyes away from her mother's. "I don't care. I'm not speaking to him."

"Aija-"

"No! Fuck that man. He can't come back into my life after all these years and suddenly decide he wants to be a father. He chose drugs over me and it could stay like that. Period. I have nothing but hatred for him." Aijah snapped, swallowing down the lump of tears in her throat.

Mari darted her eyes over to Jocelyn who just turned away from her daughter, looking hurt herself. She had no idea what Aijah was talking about because it was never mentioned to her. But Aijah kept quiet about the entire situation on purpose because she was still trying to process the fact that her biological dad was back and asking around about her.

About a month ago, Aijah's biological father had shown up to Jocelyn's house thinking Aijah still lived there. He looked much more put together than the man who got Jocelyn pregnant with their third child together and left her high and dry all those years ago.

Lionel, Aijah's father or sperm-donor, asked Jocelyn to let his daughter know that he wanted to speak with her. He hoped that even after all these years, she'd find it in her heart to forgive him and give him a chance at reconnecting. He tried to apologize to his ex-girlfriend as well, but Jocelyn didn't wanna hear anything he had to say. He'd ruined her life and left her with four kids to raise on her own — with some help from her first baby daddy — no apology could undo that or the years she struggled.

But reluctantly, Jocelyn delivered the message to her daughter a few weeks later and her reaction was just as expected; Aijah was astonished that he even came around, but she was mostly angry.

She never knew what she'd say to her sperm-donor if she ever ran into him, but she never put any thought to it because she never though it would happen. But now that he was back around? She wanted to steer as far away from him as humanly possible.

"I can't force you to speak to him, but let him get whatever's off of his chest at least. Maybe y'all will both get some closure." Jocelyn shrugged, talking with her back towards Aijah as she slid the Lasagna into the oven.

Aijah scoffed lowly. "Just like he couldn't be bothered to take care of us all those years ago, I can't be bothered to speak with him now. I already have a dad that I love with my whole heart." She spoke, referring to her step-dad, Derrick, who she's been calling her actual father for over a decade now.

Derrick stepped up and filled in roles that Lionel left vacant. He allowed Jocelyn to forget about all the men she let treat her like shit after her babydaddy walked out of her life.

He treated her like a queen, along with treating and raising her kids like they were his own.

Jocelyn turned around and gave her oldest daughter a sad smile. She loved how Aijah referred to Derrick as her father. But in instances like these, they were both reminded of the man that left them behind and the fact that they were bound to him forever.

"Like I said, I can't force you to speak to him. You're grown." Jocelyn shrugged as she began putting the ingredients she used back in their designated spots.

Maybe if Aijah were younger, she would push her to speak to her dad. But she was grown and at this point in her life, a father-daughter relationship wasn't a necessity for her to strive. She's been doing just find without Lionel for all this time, it wasn't fair for him to think he could just come in and disrupt that.

Aijah didn't respond. She ignored her best friend's concerned gaze as a blank facial expression rested on her face. She wanted to pretend that her biological father hadn't even showed back up. It was easier to pretend that he didn't exist when he wasn't around to remind her that he did.

"Stop it, Mimi!" Dyamond, Aijah's second youngest sister's voice could be heard coming from upstairs. Layva, Mari's sister who she also brought along, could be heard laughing at the two of them.

Zachariah or Zach was the oldest out of Jocelyn's kids. He was the only child that didn't come from Lionel. Zach lived with his mom and siblings until he moved away during his sophomore year of high school to live with his biological father. He officially moved to New York last year, but he still keeps in touch with his family. A year younger than him is Aijah, then 14 year old Dyamond and then the youngest, 10 year old Mila, who all came from Lionel.

Jocelyn didn't have the best experience with men to say the least. Her first baby daddy was just an old fling that ended up getting her pregnant with Zach. They knew they didn't wanna be in a relationship, so they opted to coparent.

Shortly after having Zach, Jocelyn met Lionel who she was convinced she was gonna spend the rest of her life with. That changed when he chose drugs and other women over his girlfriend and kids.

She tried getting back in the dating scene for a long time after Lionel left her with three girls, but all she got was men that didn't know how to treat her right. Eventually, Derrick came into the picture and showed her and her kids different.

"Y'all stop allat' damn running in my house!" Jocelyn shouted. The pattering footsteps on the floor above their heads immediately came to a halt.

"Them bad ass kids." Aijah mumbled as she rested her elbows on the counter.

"My daughters ain't bad." Jocelyn lied straight through her teeth. Dyamond and Mila behaved in public and in front of other people, but the truth was that those little girls were bad as hell.

Aijah made a sarcastic sound. "Keep lying to yourself and see where that gets you." She says, making her mother playfully suck her teeth. The front door opened and closed in the foyer as the two girls continued their conversation with Jocelyn.

"I don't wanna leave my baby aloneeee." Derrick sang Heaven Can Wait by Micheal Jackson as he walked into the kitchen with some envelopes tucked under his arms. Jocelyn looked at him and promptly rolled her eyes. He swore he could sing and he couldn't.

"Daddy!" Aijah hopped out of the chair and launched herself into his arms. He dropped the mail he was carrying onto the counter next to him to wrap his arms around his oldest daughter. "What's up, baby girl. You feeling better?"

"Definitely." Aijah's voice was muffled as she hugged his torso. She smiled and pulled away from the hug, letting him greet his wife. "What's up with you?"

"Same old, daughter. You know how it is." Derrick spoke as he stood behind Jocelyn and wrapped his arms around her securely before placing a kiss to her temple.

"Mari! What's up ugly?" He nodded his chin at her. Mari pressed her lips together, sticking her middle finger up at him. Derrick laughed, letting go of Jocelyn to flick the side of Mari's head before giving her a side hug. The two always went back and forth, ever since they'd met. It was just playful banter on both ends though because Derrick considered Mari one of his own.

"Y'all staying the night?" He asked the two best friends who nodded in response. "That's what's up." 

"I hope you brought Lay with you. You already know I like her more than your ass." Derrick spoke to Mari. She opened her mouth to respond but closed it when she saw Layva coming down the stairs behind him.

"D!" She smiled before walking into the kitchen and around the counter to give him a side hug. "My favorite. How you been?"

"Good." Layva spoke with a shy smile on her face as she moved her medium knotless braids out of her face. At eleven years old, Layva had morphed into the girl version of her late brother, Bri'on. She was very reserved and kept to herself. She had an attitude, but you had to bring it out of her to witness it.

"Y'all gotta bring my baby over here more." Jocelyn pouted while smiling at Layva.

"She gets out of school in two weeks so I got y'all." Mari answered. She admired how Aijah's parents have always welcomed both her and her little sister with open arms. Anything Mari or Layva ever needed, they always came through.

While Mari, Layva and Derrick continued speaking, Jocelyn turned her attention to her oldest daughter who was scrolling through her phone. She could tell the mention of Lionel threw her mood off and she felt kind of bad.

She reached over the island, tapping the phone to get her attention. "Think about what I told you. Talk to that man and move on. Do it for yourself." Jocelyn spoke quietly.

Aijah stared at her mother with furrowed eyebrows before shaking her head. She dismissively fixed her eyes back down on her phone, hearing her mother's empathetic sigh. AJ possessed a personal hatred for her father — a hatred that she felt like a one-on-one talk couldn't mend. She didn't even wanna see him, let alone talk about the hurt he caused her.

TWO DAYS LATER

"Da, stop!" Sani giggled as Samiron threw him up in the air before catching him as they stood in Mari's living room. Samiron smiled, catching his son, and dropping him onto the couch again as he watched him laugh uncontrollably.

Mari watched the two from behind the kitchen island with a smile on her face. Her and Samiron still might have a weird, awakward co-parenting relationship that they were trying to work on, but there was no denying that he was an amazing father and he never let what he had going on with Mari get in the way of that.

"Again, again!" Sani chanted, standing up on the couch in front of his dad with his arms up.

"I thought you said stop?"

"I lie." Sani shrugged. Mir started laughing and turned towards the kitchen to see Mari laughing as well, having heard her son.

"Come get this food, Sani Boo." Mari spoke with a chuckle. Mir picked the little boy up, carrying him into the kitchen where Mari had a full plate of food sitting in front of a stool. She made creamy chicken Shawarma rigatoni. Sani wasn't a mac and cheese and crackers type of toddler, he ate like a grown man.

Sitting his son on the stool, Mir pushed the stool a little closer to the counter. He handed Sani the plastic kid's fork and let him dig in. Turning around, his eyes dropped to the plate of food Mari was handing him.

"Hm." She pushed the plate towards him.

"Preciate it." Mir flashed her a smile, his two dimples pressing into his cheeks as he took the plate from her and sat next to Sani. Mari gave him a little smile back before going over to the counter and unplugging her phone from the outlet on the wall.

She was thankful Savior was all booked up at the barbershop today because she knew her house wouldn't be as peaceful as it is now with both Savior and Samiron here. She knew they had to get along eventually, but she wasn't about to play mediator to two grown ass men.

Whenever they decided to put their ill feelings aside, they could approach one another themselves seeing as they constantly ran into each other at CutZ anyway.

Hearing a bark, the three turned their heads towards the living room where Zax was now awake and looking for any sign of life in the house. Mari made kissing noises with her lips, signaling to the dog to come into the kitchen.

"Your dog slow." Mir commented, watching the little blue-eyed pit scurry across the wooden floors into the kitchen where everyone else sat.

"How?" Mari frowned at him before going in the pantry and taking the bag of dog food out. Zax heard the sound of the bag rustling and immediately bounced closely behind Mari as she walked out of the pantry and over to his bowl.

"Who wake up and just start barking? He like Sani when he was little. Dude just wake up and start crying. Muthafucka didn't even breathe yet, just cried." Samiron shook his head, stuffing some pasta into his mouth.

"Not too much on my babies." Mari muttered as he chuckled at her. She walked back into the pantry and set the bag of food on the shelf that contained all of Zax's other items. She turned off the light before walking back over to the counter and leaning against it, responding to texts from her employees on her phone.

"Man where these people at?" Mir asked his babymomma. She shrugged her shoulders whilst shaking her head disapprovingly.

They'd invited Shay, Juel and Soovy over so their sons could formally meet, but they still hadn't shown yet. Juel had seen Sani when he was a baby, but they didn't have the opportunity to actually get close as they grew up.

"They must be walking here on foot or some 'cause it don't even take that long. Hell." Samiron continued to complain, causing Mari to chuckle at him.

Looking up, Samiron noticed she wasn't eating. "You ate already?"

She shook her head, her attention still on the phone. "I'm not really hungry."

Rolling his eyes, Mir stood up and forced his plate of food into her hands. "Sit and eat." He motioned her over to his stool, his tone not leaving any room for protest. Mari sighed to herself as she sat down in his seat.

"I don't know who you be talkin' to like that. You ain't no one's dad but Kasani." Mari sassed as she took the fork Mir handed her. He retrieved a clean plate from the dish rack and surveyed the pots on the stove.

"Let's not forget that one time whe—" Samiron started just to be cut off by Mari's coughing. He shook his head, holding in a laugh as he continued making his plate.

"Anyways." She cleared her throat just as Samiron put the lid back onto the pot and turned around. She glanced at Sani and was thankful to see that he was too distracted with his food to eavesdrop his parent's conversation.

Leaning his elbows on the counter in front of Mari and Sani, Mir began digging into Mari's pasta. The flavor of the pasta sauce mixed with the chicken Shawarma made him hum in approval as he chewed. Mari looked up at him and pressed her lips together, relieved to see he still enjoyed her cooking. Mari's cooking has always been unmatched. She had the unique gift of being able to cook traditional foods from a variety of different cultures.

Traditional black household foods bored the hell out of her as a child — Cheyenne's spaghetti got very old, very quickly. So Mari decided to learn how to cook foods from other cultures so that her kid would never get bored of her cooking.

"God damn, lil' nigga. Is it good?" Mari looked up from her food to see Samiron tilting his head at his son.

Sani glanced up at his dad with a mug on his face before averting his eyes and continuing to stuff his face.

Hearing the doorbell ring, Mir put his plate down and stood up from his leaning position to get the door, but Mari got up instead and gestured for him to continue. Leaning back onto the counter; Samiron's eyes stayed trained on her heart-shaped backside in her black Nike Pro Active Leggings as she walked out of the kitchen.

He looked back at his food but saw Sani eyeing him suspiciously as he chewed on some Shawarma. "Whatchu' lookin' at?"

"Why you wooking at my mommy?" Sani raised his eyebrows. Samiron folded his lips in his mouth and waved his hand at his son, silently telling him to mind his business and eat his food.

The sound of talking got louder and both boys perked their head up, looking at the archway of the kitchen as Soovy, Shayla and their son followed Mari in. Mir's eyes dropped to Juel who was clutching his dad's hand tightly as his mom walked on the other side of him. He couldn't help but admire how much the little boy had grown over the years. People argued he was the spitting image of Soovy. But when Samiron looked at Juel all he could see was his mother.

Mir stood up, greeting both Soovy and Shay. He didn't hide his distaste towards Shay when he greeted her either, but he remained as respectful as possible. He wasn't a fan of her before Soovy "died," but he was cordial with her because he really did believe she was gonna change her ways. But hearing how she reverted right back to them when Soovy came back made him dislike her even more.

Mari helped Sani down from the stool, turning his body to face Ju. "This is your cousin, baby. " Mari spoke to her son as he stood in front of Juel who stood a little taller than him.

"Cousin if we bein' technical. But this your brother regardless." Soovy said, keeping his hand on his son's shoulder.

Mir looked away from the two little boys who were greeting each other with quiet Hellos, and directed his attention towards Shayla who was smiling down at the two. He almost rolled his eyes. Ju and Sani could've gotten more acquainted as they grew up, but it was Shay who withdrew her and her son from everyone over time.

"Y'all better get comfortable with each other, hell." Soovy chuckled, seeing that the boys weren't speaking. Sani walked back over to his stool and Ju stood next to his dad's legs, looking like he didn't care to be there.

"Y'all hungry?" Mari asked her guests, setting Sani on his stool. Both Shay and Soovy politely declined, having eaten before coming over. Mir finished off his plate while conversing with his homeboy while Mari and Shay took the boys into the living room to catch up.

"So y'all good now?" Samiron jerked his chin towards the living room, referring to Shayla.

Soovy breathed out an ironic laugh and ran his hand over his face. "Nah, we cordial right now. She's trippin' bad though."

Samiron swallowed his last piece of food, cleaning his plate off. "How?"

"She not on the same BS she was a few years ago... but it's like she's not even willing to find some type of middle ground for the sake of our son. And don't get me started on her nigga." Soovy shook his head. Samiron rinsed the soap suds off his plate and placed it on the rack before turning around.

"Dude be callin' himself trying to be superman and get in the middle of our arguments and shit. He swear he Juel daddy or some. My son don't got no stepdad, he has one dad; and that's me. Shay needs to understand that because I'm not too fond of no nigga trying to take my role in my son's life." He blew out a breath. Just talking about his current situation made him mad all over again.

"Shit, I heard that." Mir mumbled. Soovy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at his response. But before he could question it, Mir continued. "Somebody need to talk to her ass. Either her momma or your momma — shit, I don't know. Someone that's gonna make her listen. It's already bad enough she took Juel away from us. I get that's her son, but we wanted to watch over him and she ain't let us. And now she doing all this because you're back? That's fucked up."

"I know, I know, man." Soovy inhaled a deep breath. "She distanced herself from y'all partly because of that nigga. She ain't want y'all to say something 'bout her getting in a relationship after her baby daddy died, even though we weren't together. But once I came back, I told her to stay away from y'all for a little while because I wanted to make sure everything was cool. I didn't wanna come back into everyone's lives without making sure I took care of everything I needed to take care of."

Samiron nodded his head, understanding where Soovy was coming from. But hearing him say that sparked up a question that's been on his mind ever since Soovy walked into the barbershop a few days ago. "Since we on that topic; it's safe for you to be back, right?"

Soovy furrowed his eyebrows and nodded assuringly. "I wouldn't have came back if I didn't."

"I'm just trynna make sure y'know because we all got families and shit now. It's not like a few years ago when we didn't have as much to lose, it's way different now."

Samiron didn't want to unknowingly walk around with a target on his or his loved one's backs. He appreciated the fact that Soovy jeopardized his own life for everyone else's safety for five whole years. But he was skeptical about if it was all really over or not.

He needed to make sure that no one retaliated — whether that be Messiah or Jaheim's associates. Jaheim's six brothers were all dead and burnt to ash, Soovy made sure of that. But Mir wanted to be 100% sure that none of his cousins, or homeboys, or whoever, was going to come back and try to finish what he started and wreck the peace they all had built since leaving the streets.

Soovy shook his head. He understood Mir's concerns, and he understood why he was being cautious now, but he didn't go into hiding for five years for nothing. "I get what you mean, but I'm sure I did everything I had to do. It technically only took four and a half years, but I spent those last six months out there willfully. Just to see if anyone tried to avenge either Messiah, Jaheim, or Jahiem's brothers' deaths. They not about shit. We got nothing to be worried 'bout."

Inhaling a sharp breath, Samiron's shoulders dropped in relief as he nodded. He dapped Soovy up, the gesture alone telling him that he was taking his word. Soovy might've goofed off a lot, but Mir could tell that the past few years — being completely alone, having to fend for himself, not being able to be in contact with his family, and doing whatever needed to be done to survive — had matured him tremendously.

"I would've stayed in Louisiana however long was necessary," Soovy shrugged. "I might be a lil' arrogant, but I ain't inconsiderate. I would never come back knowing I could've put y'all in danger."

"Heard you." Samiron nodded. He wasn't trying to make it seem like he was questioning Soovy's loyalty because there wasn't any question about that. He just needed to be sure. Especially now, with him being out of prison, his life had already been thrown off track enough.

Looking to their side at the sound of footsteps, Mari walked into the kitchen holding Sani's empty plate of food.

"Where the boys at?" Mir asked her as she walked around them to the sink and began washing the plate.

"Upstairs, Sani's playroom." She spoke, seeing him nod out of the corner of her eye.

Soovy's eyes narrowed as he stared in between the two. The kitchen had suddenly gotten silent with the exception of the sink running and How To Get Away With Murder faintly playing on the tv in the living room.

"What's up with y'all?" He blurted. Both Mari and Mir glanced at one another before looking over at him, expecting him to elaborate.

"Why y'all being so... distant? Usually y'all be so up on each other." Soovy crossed his arms over his chest as his eyes darted between them, waiting for some kind of answer. He wasn't trying to make anything awkward, but the energy in the room was kind of off.

Silence fell over them for a few seconds before realization finally dawned on Mari. Chuckling to herself, she rinsed the soap off of the plate and placed it on the drying rack before turning around to face Soovy. "Me and Mir aren't together."

"Pardon?"

Hearing her say that, Samiron now understood what Soovy meant by "distant." He realized that he hadn't really told him much about his life over the past few years with the exception of being locked up and having a son. Soovy knew of nothing pertaining to Mari and Mir — moreso what was Mari and Mir.

"Wai- why y'all not together?" Soovy jerked his head back, utter confusion being displayed on his face. They were the last couple he expected to end things.

Drying her hands off on the grey kitchen towel, Mari glanced up at Mir, hoping he'd respond. She didn't want to tell him the real reason her and Mir ended and all the vile shit he said to her when he was in prison. It would be wrong to tell Soovy about that after agreeing to let bygones be bygones.

Mir ran his hand over his face. "I fucked up and let her slip through my fingers while I was locked up. She was already moving on when I got out."

Soovy held his fist to his open mouth, shocked by the information. "Wow... I ain't neve- wow."

Mari chuckled at his bewilderedness. "You know not every relationship lasts right?"

"I know that. But y'all two? That was different." He raised his eyebrows. "Y'all lived a street away from each other all y'all lives and never crossed paths. Then y'all grew up, bumped into each other at a club once, and started running with the same people ever since, and in that time y'all were able to make something happen between y'all despite the shit boffa' y'all were dealing with — I think y'all were meant to be."

Mari folded her lips in her mouth, staring at Soovy unwavering, while Samiron pinched his bottom lip between his index finger and thumb. They both had never though about the irony of them living so close to one another since they were kids and having never run into each other, despite Mir knowing of Mari's brother.

The world works in weird ways — they went their entire childhood never crossing paths, but they did as soon as they were grown and a little more mature.

It felt like the universe was waiting on a specific time to bring them into each other's lives. Ironically, at a time when they both needed each other without even knowing.

"Well, it's life." Mari shrugged as she hooked the towel around the oven handle.

Soovy pursed his lips to the side, subtly shaking his head. Mari might've had someone new and convinced herself that her and Samiron's relationship ended because of fate, and Mir might've started trying to get used to them being officially over, but Soovy had hope.

He'd never seen a love like theirs — not Tasia and Duck's, nor Mayah and Zion — Mari and Samiron dealt with way too many obstacles starting from when they first met each other, to now. Obstacles that would naturally make anyone else tap out of a relationship almost immediately. But those two? Their love never failed and it got them through the worst, most unimaginable, situations.

It was hard for Soovy to believe it was all over now, and he didn't, but he let it go for now. "Whatever y'all say, I guess."

Y'all gotta excuse these updates i'm going through the WORST writer's block! Like I have my chapters planned out but for some reason its so hard for me to execute them and/or just sit down & write 😭 butt i'm trying so bare with me!

I wanna do some a lil different, so if you're going through something in your life that you need advice on, or you just want to get some off your chest, drop it in the comments & anyone can feel free to respond.

— I'm doing that cause ik it's easier to talk to strangers about stuff you're going through rather than people you have a relationship with <33

w/c; 5612

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

61.6K 2.2K 28
Read book 1 before reading this. Book 1: My Drug ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ: ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž This is the sequel for my drug. Please do not read if you haven't read boo...
2.3K 140 18
A ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด. ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...
25.4K 1K 35
๐‘ด๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‚ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’”๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’•'๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’Œ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•. (๐‘บ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’Ž๐’Ž๐’†๐’“ ๐’†๐’“๐’“๐’...
10K 330 23
Will Jai ever find the definition of a ride or die ?Tune in ..(Finishing Soon)