After Dark

By staceyy97

Old friend. New killer. Are the two connected somehow? Bella Cullen's old friend Brooke Hale, visits her fro... More

After Dark (1)
After Dark (2)
After Dark (3)
After Dark (4)
After Dark (5)
After Dark (6)
After Dark (7)
After Dark (8)
After Dark (9)
After Dark (10)
After Dark (11)
After Dark (12)
After Dark (13)
After Dark (14)
After Dark (15)
After Dark (16)
After Dark (17)
After Dark (18)
After Dark (19)
After Dark (20)
After Dark (21)
After Dark (22)
After Dark (23)
After Dark (24)
After Dark (25)
After Dark (26)
After Dark (27)
After Dark (28)
After Dark (29)
After Dark (30)
After Dark (31)
After Dark (32)
After Dark (33)
After Dark (34)
After Dark (35)
After Dark (37)
After Dark (38)
After Dark (39)
After Dark (40)
After Dark (41)
After Dark (42)
After Dark (43)
After Dark (44)
After Dark (45)
After Dark (46)
After Dark (47)
After Dark (48)
After Dark (49)
After Dark (50)
After Dark (51)
After Dark (52)
Before Moonrise

After Dark (36)

786 6 2
By staceyy97

--chapter 36--

Jacob Black

Brooke and I were at the beach. I know, it's abit strange at night but the things we were going to discuss weren't exactly for prying ears. We sat on a red and white beach blanket. On it there were take-away packets of Steers food (we were too lazy to actually cook something) and a litre of Coke plus two glasses.

The night was clear, with a few clouds here and there. Light ones, not the ones which say 'Thunderstorm!'. We were up on a ledge on the side of the cliff. The waves went in and out beneath us.

Brooke caught me admiring the view. "It's a pretty night isn't it." She commented.

"Yeah," I said and picked up a chicken leg and took a bite.

"I really like it here. Sure it's not as warm as Florida, but Forks is cosy, home-y, peaceful." Brooke said.

"Peaceful?" I asked with my mouth full.

She straightened up. "What d'you mean? I thought you and the Cullens were okay."

"We are, but there seems to be another vampire. I think she has allies."

"What? Who is she? What happened?"

"A few people have been killed, all of them drained of blood. I think her name is Crystal. She's blonde and goes to Forks High."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, she killed another vampire when you had left. I think there's some kind of fight or rivalry against two small covens."

"That means that there are more vampires than we thought."

"Maybe they have a leader. Someone leading all of them to one common goal."

Brooke didn't reply. She just sat there fiddling with her half-full cup of soda.

"D'you know something about it?" I asked.

She didn't answer. She continued looking at her Coke.

"Brooke," I said. "I trusted you with my secret. You can tell me anything."

She looked up at me. "Why do you trust me?"

"What?" I asked.

"I just came into town and you already trust me by like three weeks. One of them me not being here."

It was then my turn to be silent. I wasn't sure how to say what was on my mind.

"After you asked me if I'm sure that I honestly like Renesmee, it got me thinking. Like why you asked me that."

Brooke started playing with her soda again. "Why do you think I asked you about that?" She asked in a quiet voice.

I took her free hand and she looked at me with a strange expression on her face. I looked her straight in her eyes.

"I know I imprinted on Renesmee," I said. "But I like you too."

She looked away to the sea for awhile, then put down her cup, grabbed her phone and handbag and stood up.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked.

"Home." She said and started walking away.

"Brooke," I stood up and followed her into the forest.

One minute she was right in front of me, the next, she had dissappeared. I ran to where she had parked her car, and like her it had also gone.

I returned back to the cliff ledge to clear the stuff we had left, but when I got there, all that remained was rock, stone and grass. Everything had vanished. Like nothing had ever happened.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 3K 20
A new school year is approaching and the Cullen's are moving to live with their "cousins" the Denali coven. It's Bella's first year in high school as...
185K 4.4K 16
*****This was written in 2014, it is VERY poorly written and needs unpublished. My writing style has changed dramatically but I'm keeping it as some...
60.3K 1.2K 48
COMPLETED Meet Melissa Rivera. A 25 year old woman with a doctor's degree. She moves to Forks to start a new life in a new state. She works as Carlis...
317K 7.5K 99
"I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" "No, I've lived here my whole life, but my parents don't allow me outside of the house, someth...