Maggie

Par Sydney916569

Leonardo Giovanni became a father at the age of twenty. The new mafia Don was a closed off cold man that left... Plus

Heads Up!
Characters
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty-five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thriry - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
forty
epilogue
BONUS: CROSSOVER
Thank you!

thirty - nine

11.6K 446 175
Par Sydney916569

"That one kinda looks like a penis." I point out to Logan. She had the brilliant idea to let our minds relax at the park as we watch the funky looking clouds pass by.

"Really? I think it looks like a bunny." Looking back at the cloud I re-evaluate.

"Nope it looks like a penis."

We have spent almost everyday with each other. As the warmer months approach and Dads workload has picked up I made the executive decision to walk home from school everyday. It's refreshing. He doesn't have to stress about picking me up, and I can explore the city. I always stop by the little bakery that is owned by Rays wife.

Her treatments are working and although she isn't cancer free, she is feeling much better and has more good days then bad.

So, everyday after school I stop by and get some cookies for me and dad. I also have a part time job in the bakery. I have picked up baking as a hobby so it's nice getting payed for it.

When Logan found out I was no longer getting rides home she offered to walk with me. That is what has led to our picnic dates every day.

"Ooh," I gasp as I point to the next one. "Tell me that doesn't look like a sexy elephant." She bursts out in a fit of laughter. It sounds so pretty.

"Maggie are you trying to tell me something?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I smirk.

"What?" My lip quirks.

"That you think elephants are sexy."

"Oh yeah," I agree sarcastically. I look up and then to the side where I see Logan staring at me with a wide smile. "Have you not seen an elephants dump truck?

Rolling her eyes she looks away. "What about that one?" Tilting my head I know exactly what it is the second my eyes land on it.

"Sea otter, laying on its back, with shades on, slipping a margarita outta coconut."

"Spot on." We fist bump. It settles into a comfortable quiet. My head is rested on her shoulder and I can't help it when I grab the chocolate in her hand and shove it down my throat. She lightly laughs. Her heart beat picks up.

"Maggie?"

"Mhm." I mumble still eating the chocolate.

"I have a question for you. Just know that you don't have to answer if you don't want too but it's been on my mind for a while and I— sorry I am rambling."

"Don't worry ask away. I am made of steel." I puff my chest out and pound my fists on it after I sit up. I remind myself of a gorilla. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. Gorillas are my spirit animal. I am comforted by that fact. It would be so cool to hug a gorilla, it would be all fluffy an—

"Where did you disappear to five months ago?" I freeze. All gorilla thoughts gone as panic settles in. My eyes are wide, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Well, you see—that is a very reasonable statement, and you know it is so complex an—"

"You don't have to answer. I can see you stalling. Forget I asked." She looks upset. I don't know why though?

"It's okay, I can tell you. You might not like me afterwards though."

"That's impossible." She giggles while shaking her head.

"Are you ready for my whole life story?" I wiggle my eyebrows, unable to stay serious. I haven't been serious since the whole thing five months ago. Ever since that night I've been dancing and shaking my butt through life. It's been pure bliss.

"Yeah." She smiles. Taking that as a sign I give her a lopsided goofy smirk.

"So it all started when my mom started abusing me." Her eyes widen and I lose my composure and hold my stomach as I laugh.

"Are you freaking serious?!" She sits up staring at me in disbelief. She is not finding this situation funny like I do.

"Very very serious. So, basically, she abused me laddy dawdy daw. Then she met this asshole who's name I don't speak of. He was worse and really fucking ugly. Anyways to make a very long complex and crazy story short, he hated me. He was gonna kid-nap me, but then my dad was like 'no fucking way!' So he basically went to the assholes place to kill him. But, then the asshole actually kid-napped Nardo!"

"He kidnapped Nardo?!" She asks in shock as her jaw drops and her eyes widen. I tell the story as if it was some crazy adventure, and she's soaking it up. The suspence is killing her.

"Yeah! So then I was like 'no fucking way too!' So I went and killed the bastard."

Her jaw drops.

Her eyes widen.

"... and then I set his house on fire."

Shock is plastered on her face and I debate if I should turn my life story into a book. Fix the grammar errors maybe add some more suspense and then boom! A book!

"You. Are. A. Badass."

"Well thank you very much." I smirk and fake bow.

"Do you regret it?"

"Do I regret it?" I repeat her question with some exaggeration and enthusiasm. "No. Would I do it again? Yes definitely."

"Maggie you're entering your bad bitch era." We laugh before we go quiet. Under all my jokes and under all my sarcasm the fear of her hating me stays present. She's one of the best things in my life and if she sees me differently for this I don't know what I would do.

"You don't hate me right?"

She should. I just admitted to killing someone. It's not unreasonable that she would. What if she's scared of me?

"How could I hate someone I love?" My head shoots up at her confession and I can't help but attack her in a bear hug sending both of us back onto the grass.

"You love me?" I laugh, the feeling is ecstatic. She doesn't hate me, but instead she loves me.

"Of course I do!" She laughs. Not thinking twice I press my lips against hers. Her cherry chapstick tastes so good but nothing is as good as her loving me. Breathless, we pull away and I say the four words back.

"I love you too." She seals her lips back onto mine and we just sit there as our lips move against one another's. A scoff is what pulls our attention away from each other.

An old lady, typical shirt gray hair, floral top, stands ten metres away with her face screwed up, a look of disgust painted on her face.

"How about you take your old ass and fuck off you saggy tit." I yell at her. Her face contorts to horror with my very vulgar reaction. She scurries away like the pussy she is.

"Yeah run along grandma!" Logan shouts. When she's out of sight we burst into a fit of giggles.

-

"Dad how does it feel not to have a life?"

"Fuck off."

Someone's been in a pissy mood all day, and I can tell you that it is not my fault this time. I pout. "Would a hug make you feel better?"

"You're such an annoying child." He rubs his face before getting out of the car. I follow as we make our way into the warehouses. He's been in a sour mood since I woke up this morning.

I greeted him with my amazing blessing presence and in return I received half a hug and that was it. When I got home from school Fork, Spoon, and I were pretending the floor was lava. They didn't really get the point of the game but I made it a point to protect their paws with "anti-lava shoes." Then Mr.Grumpy-pants came home announcing we have a very important mafia meeting. I had asked if he wanted to wait and play the floor is lava and in return you know what I got? He said no and went into the kitchen.

One word to describe how I felt: appalled.

So now I silently skip beside him. We are greeted by all the people we pass. I've memorized everyone by name. We are all besties.

I have five bestie besties though. First is Jonathan. He took me to a baseball game last month. He's chill. He's also my self defence instructor.

Second is Carlos. We always have chats when I am at work and he always gives me good strategy advice.

Third is Sarah. She is dads secretary. She is literally like a mother figure. I come in and she compliments my outfits, she even showed me how to French braid my hair. She taught dad how to Dutch braid my hair too.

I think she has a crush on my dad.

Anyways, my fourth bestie is Gus. He's the guy that got promoted from his clean up crew job to the French fry guy. He had the brilliant idea to put up a memorial for Ethan near the stand seeing as he loved fries.

My fifth bestie is Kayla. Dad appointed her as my personal trainer. I am taking over the mafia when dad is ready so I need all the training I can get. Although our training sessions are supposed to be serious we just end up shit talking everyone in the warehouses.

If Nards knew he wouldn't be too pleased.

What's that thing called when you purposely step on the back of peoples shoes? Because that is exactly what I am doing to father dearest right now.

"Maggie I will ground you." He threatens, even though he would rather die than ground me. He did it once before. He claims that was the worst week of his life.

I grab his hand to stop him. "I think you need a hug dad." I open my arms. This time very very serious. He's been upset all day and I have made it my mission since I woke up to irritate him. Anyone would need a hug at this point.

Sighing he bends down to wrap his arms around my back. "Maggie hugs cure everything." I say while hugging him back. He chuckles before letting go.

"I'll explain when we get to my office okay?"

"Fine." I follow him like a duckling follows their mama duck. He stops at Sarah's desk.

"Hey Sarah." He smiles at her, leaning over the black marble counter.

"Hi Leonardo! Hi Magpie." She softly smiles at me. I wave and wiggle my eyebrows at her behind dads back. Her face turns a pretty shade of pink as she looks away. "How may I help you Leo?"

I watch it all go down. I listen as he says something to make her laugh and I watch as dads smile grows the longer he speaks to her.

"How about we talk about the data over coffee?" Sarah suggests after five minutes of them flirting and going back and forth with each other. Normally I would get bored and move on but this is too good.

All I need is popcorn.

Leonardo needs to touch up on his lady skills. "I don't really lik—" Point proven.

"Yes! He would love to go get coffee with you! How does tomorrow at ten sound?" I intervene. Dads lonely. He must see me and Logan and get jealous because of how lonely he is.

Sarah's really nice. She'd be good for him.

"That sounds good. See you then Leo."

"I'll see you later Sarah." He smiles at her before grabbing my arm and dragging me down to his office. I can't contain my giggles.

"You're a devil." He groans once we get into his office.

"Dad you need to get out there! Shmooze with the ladies! You're outta touch."

"I am not out of touch." He scoffs. Questo ragazzo è un idiota che morirà da solo se continua così.

Translation: This guy is an idiot who will die alone if he keeps it up.

Yeah that's right. I speak Italian.

"You almost turned down coffee with her!"

"I don't like coffee. Remember? I gave it up."

"And you wonder why you're single," I roll my eyes and cross my arms against my chest. "It must suck that your daughter has better game than you."

"Shut it." He waves his hand moving around his desk. "Let's get this fucking meeting over with."

-

One more chapter before the epilogue! I am so thankful for all of your support on this book.

I love you all!

Also I got a job today!!!! A swim instructor position at a private swim school! I am so happy.

Oh btw I do not speak Italian and I used google translate so if it's wrong my b.

Lots of love 🤍

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.2M 26.8K 41
Cover made by: @_navyblueee_ I'm living in a house made of glass. I'm scared to move, to breathe, to think. I'm afraid. Any wrong move and I get yell...
194K 7.2K 60
Daniella Harris, a successful Surgeon, that graduated highschool at the tender age of sixteen. On graduation day, she attended a farewell party with...
1.1M 26.2K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
6M 160K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...