Nine Months

By BlossomLindsey

'I will break my own heart and use those pieces to fix yours.' Jeon Jungkook, a k-pop idol from the world ren... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 36

1.3K 109 25
By BlossomLindsey

"Tell me why am I doing this?" Jimin hissed, his hand stretched up, taping the streamers to the absolute end of the wall, standing on a table for elevation.

Haru sat on the couch, comfortably proctoring his work. She took another grape from the plate seated on the table and grinned, "Because I say so."

Yoona panted, tying the only-third balloon she blew into, "And why are you doing nothing?"

"Who says I am doing nothing? I am looking over you both. Managing and coordinat-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jimin grunted, placing his right hand on his left shoulder indicating his exhaust.

"Hey, Uncle Chim! Don't curse in front of my baby! Such a bad influence for real," she shook her head, eating another bite of the fruits in front of her.

The couple were obviously elated at the fact that Haru was getting back to what she usually was. Frisky and vivacious. But they also were tired.

"I cannot do this anymore, I am out of breath," Yoona passed, laying down on the floor, her arms spread wide.

"You guys have no stamina. I fear Unnie you'll ever become like me!"

"Become like you? What do you mean?" She asked, demented.

Haru deliberately caressed her baby bump showing her what she meant till she felt something hitting the back of her head.

She looked back at the cardboard piece Jimin threw at her. "What in this world gave you the courage to do so?" She growled.

"Your idiotic words. Shut your dirty mouth the heck up!" He responded to which she smirked, "Why? You flustered?"

Anyone could see the red creeping up his face and that suddenly made Yoona energetic, she cooed.

"Now that you are okay. Three more balloons please."

"Why not hang you up the wall? You look like a balloon!" Yoona laughed and Jimin somehow managed not to fall down from the table laughing.

"That was a good one!" He responded.

"I am-" she was interrupted by the beep of the oven and she regarded that as more important than the futile altercation they were having.

She sprang up from the couch and strode towards the kitchen, opening the oven. The aroma of chocolate spread all over the house. She placed on her gloves to take out the freshly baked cake with a smile.

"Haru? Where do I put this happy Birthday banner?" Jimin asked from the living room.

"In the middle of the wall!" She yelled back, smiling at the cake.

•••

"Ahh, where the fuck is he?" Yoona hissed, the three of them sitting on the couch waiting for Jungkook to make his presence.

"I don't know, he was in the practice room when I left," Jimin added, "It's already 11:40, the day's about to end."

Haru's heart was beating nervously, apprehensive and sad. How she wished she would have wished him at midnight instead of planning on surprising him. Maybe she won't be even able to wish him today.

She got up from the seat, her head hung low. The couple were dejected at her form, she was so very excited about this.

"Wait Haru, I'll call that idiot!" Yoona said.

"No Unnie it's okay. I am really tired, I am just in my room. Thank you for helping me out today," she said dully and proceeded towards the guest room that was unused for a few days.

The door clicked open but instead of the confetti bombs bursting, he was welcomed by the box hitting straight at his forehead.

"Ouch, what the heck?" He grunted, rubbing his forehead but his movements stopped once he took in the decorated room. His eyes widened and a sweet smile stretched on his face till another carton hit him straight on his head.

"Why the fuck are you throwing this on me?" He cried.

"Where in hell have you been idiot?" Yoona grunted, ready to pick up another box but Jimin held onto his over-enthusiastic girlfriend.

"I was practising- Wait. Haru did this? For me?" He asked, his face whiter than the snow, entering into a state of bedlam.

"Obviously she did and you ruined it all. Now go and make it up with her. She is in the guest room," Jimin said, still holding onto Yoona.

Jungkook rushed towards the guest room, a capricious euphoria dancing in his heart but also a heaviness that instilled in him. Nevertheless, he was touched that she did it for him inspite of their relationship being a mess.

He opened the door cautiously. "Haru," he called out softly. The lights were still on indicating that she wasn't asleep.

"Yeah," she responded and he entered the room quietly.

"Oh, you're back. Happy Birthday," she responded not looking up from the book she was reading. Casually sitting on the bed, acting as if his presence caused no botheration to her. Her act was so overtly visible that made Jungkook smile wide. No matter how good of an actress she is, he knows her so well to be fooled.

He walked up to her and say by the bedside, "I'm sorry baby- Haru." His heart thudded violently as the words just blurted out of his mouth without a decent thought.

"You must be busy. Go ahead, do your work," she responded, still not sparing him a glance. He was jubilant that she didn't get awkward at the pet name. So, was he allowed to use it?

"I am sorry. Really really sorry. I thought... I..."

"You thought I forgot your birthday?" She finally met his glance, raising a brow in disappointment.

"No. I thought... That you wouldn't like to see me today... It'll hurt you. So, after everyone left, I just focused on practising extra. I thought I would return after the day ends so you don't feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry," he mumbled, not meeting her eyes.

She gulped, it aggrieved her. Why would he think that his presence was an obstacle to her elation when all she wants is him?

Yoona entered at a frantic pace, "Guys, it's still 11:55, we have five minutes still."

Jungkook was still processing the information when Haru pulled him by the wrist moving fast towards the living room.

"Chim, bring the cake from the fridge. Fast!" She ordered and the silver-haired nodded, running at a pace.

"Unnie, the candles."

"Here," Yoona handed her the box as Jimin brought the cake she had prepared. She placed the candles at an alarming speed and stood up, pushing Jungkook to stand in front. Everything was happening so fast that he was dazed, nebulous of even what he had to do.

"Okay, let's start," she said and everyone gathered singing the birthday song for him. He could not hold his happiness within him as it poured out in form of tears, he buried his face in his palms, wishing for everything to be back to normal and then blowing on the candles.

"Come on. Just how much do you cry!" Jimin grunted with a bright smile on his face.

Jungkook sniffled, cutting the cake and taking a segment. The first one to eat has always been and will always be his wife.

She took it with alacrity, an adorable smile on her fashionable puerile lips. She took a piece of cake and motioned towards his lips to which he cried even more making everyone laugh at his sensitivity. He ate it, "that..." He sniffled, "that's so tasty."

"Really? Haru made it, I doubt the statement, lemme check," Yoona said and Jungkook complied, giving her the cake.

"Really, it's unexpectedly tasty!"

"I left. I am the eldest and look, youth today has no manners," Jimin grunted to which Jungkook grinned taking the piece finally to the silver-haired.

"Happy Birthday idiot!" He said.

"Thank you."

"Hey look back," Haru asked and as he did, his vision blurred as his face was now caked on whipped cream.

Haru guffawed. He wiped it off with his finger, later eating the cream.

"Okay, I have something for you," she said and he was taken aback. The overwhelming amount of happiness he was receiving was way too much for him. He just couldn't let his lips rest, no matter how much his cheeks were aching due to their stretch.

Haru rushed back and brought a little paper bag and handed it to him.

He opened it with a bunny smile, almost treated the paper bag apart to look into it. It was a photo frame. His glance was stationed at the frame he held so tightly. He just couldn't stop smiling. It felt like swimming in molasses, it felt gold, like a moment he wants to revisit forever. And it was in front of him.

"Wh-when did you click this?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the frame. The top of the frame had the words, 'This is what an awesome dad looks like'

"The last time we went for the check-up."

"Show it to me what is it!" Yoona insisted jumping over Jungkook's shoulder and her facial muscles relaxed letting out multiple endearments.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 3.9K 28
Park jimin married Kim Taehyung in exchange for saving his mother's life even though Kim Taehyung already had a lover. "I will give you what you want...
597K 20K 44
in which , kim taehyung was forced to get married with jeon jungkook for 3 months ; but what happened if jeon jungkook don't want a divorce ? will ki...
3.1M 124K 40
in which, kang eunhee is married to a cold-hearted CEO, jeon jungkook. [Jungkook X reader AU] was #106 in fanfiction. thank you!