✓ laundry boy | yang jungwon

By sunminty

laundry boy, my first friend. and i didn't even know his name. - it's more than just laundry. - ✎ oc x jw ✎ a... More

•┈୨♡୧┈•
01: laundromat
02: questions
03: lavender
04: him again
05: loss
06: claimed stars
07: catch me?
08: friends for today
09: another universe
10: pick her up
11: hisano, run
12: spring snow
13: friend rule
14: babied
15: swim
16: beyond bridge
17: medicine
18: save me
19: promises
20: she's mine
21: angel
22: coins
23: his favourite
24: coincidence
25: good luck
26: bestfriend
27: cigarette
28: butterflies
29: sleepover
30: the two sheeps
31: bubbles
32: shower
33: haircut
34: let go
35: warmth
37: necklaces
38: wishing & missing
39: journal
40: 212
41: knock
42: forever
43: is
44: up
45: to
46: you
47: page one
48: page two
49: page three
50: -laundry boy
00: xanasynantó
sequel! ☾

36: i'm gonna die

1.9K 132 77
By sunminty

was it even open?

the lights were still on, so they just went in.

"excuse me?" hisano walked up to the front counter and began talking to the lady.

"hi, what are you here for today? it's very late." the lady said, pulling her eyes away from the screen in front of her.

"um.." hisano looked back at jungwon, "we need to see doctor..."

jungwon finished her sentence, "seong. dr. seong." he said.

"what for?" the lady asked.

"his condition! it's very urgent. he missed his appointment so we need to see him now, please." she begged, giving the lady a pleading look.

she sighed and focused on the computer screen in front of her again, "what's his name? we don't do walk-in's this late, but i'll still try and talk to him."

"yang jungwon." hisano replied. jungwon was standing behind her. she held her hand out from behind her back so that he could hold it.

"okay. i'll be right back, wait here and take a seat." the lady pointed at the waiting area.

hisano thanked her with a bow and took a seat next to jungwon.

what she didn't know, was that jungwon's father had said some things that jungwon never knew about.

and that's what was running through jungwon's head as he zoned out. he still tried his best to hide it though.

he noticed how hisano tried her best at everything when it came to him.

she's was so kind to him.

her thumb rubbed his palm softly, it was her way of showing comfort. so subtle, yet it meant so much.

soon enough, the front desk lady and dr. seong arrived and called jungwon to come into one of the rooms.

hisano stood up hastily and followed as well, that was until dr. seong stopped her.

"sorry, who are you? if you're not jungwon's guardian then you cannot come in." dr. seong said, holding a hand out to stop her from moving forward.

"i-i'm.. i'm his aunt!" she said confidently.

jungwon slowly face palmed before looking back at hisano.

the doctor let out a loud laugh, "i'm sorry, young lady."

jungwon winced at the nickname.

"-but, you'll have to wait here. don't worry about your friend." dr. seong said hesitantly, as if he was forcing himself to say that.

they then proceeded to leave hisano behind.

she clenched her fists and just went back to her seat that she was previously sitting on.

biting her lips nervously somehow helped whenever she got worried.

"please be alright." she whispered.

~~

"jungwon." dr. seong began, "are you just living without a cellphone on you? you're alone now. you've got responsibilities." he sighed.

"why do i need a phone?" jungwon asked, fiddling with his jaw strings.

"because how will anyone contact you? you just gave me the number of your roommate a week ago and when i called, he said you weren't home." dr. seong explained, "these weekly appointments are very important, jungwon."

"you said i was fine a week ago, you said nothing's wrong." jungwon replied.

"yes, but that doesn't mean you're free from these consultations."

jungwon scoffed, "then there's obviously something wrong with me."

the doctor sighed and switched the topic, "listen, i've got a hold of your dad as well. you know he's still your legal guardian, right?"

jungwon's eyes widened, "w-what? what does that mean?"

"i can't explain right now but, he agreed to bringing you in and out of the hospital."

"hospital..?"

dr. seong nodded, "you know, your condition's..." he paused and let out a deep breath, "it's severe."

it felt like he was having a hard time letting that out. jungwon sat in silence while the doctor went to the cabinet to check some things.

he continued, "we're just going to do some tests there." dr. seong said, "you'll get better."

jungwon was a bit in shock. he was scared as well.

the conversation with his dad made things all fall into place...

"am i... gonna die?" jungwon asked hesitantly.

dr. seong's eyes widened before he slowly turned around and forced a smile on his face, "of course not." he said, "don't ask such a thing."

jungwon

"of course not." dr. seong smiled, "don't ask such a thing."

what i didn't know, was that when people lie...

they smile.

he quickly cleared his throat when he noticed my face, "ah, um. are you enjoying life nowadays? who's that young girl that was with you?" dr. seong asked.

"she's my.." i paused,

"she's my bestfriend."

he nodded and adjusted his glassed, "great! that's good. uh, i'm glad you're not keeping everything to yourself." he smiled.

"yeah..." i hesitantly nodded.

"i'm assuming she knows everything, right?"

"yeah." i said again

he began rubbing his hands nervously, trying to figure out how to approach his next question carefully,

"how long can you go without seeing her?" he asked.

i tilted my head, confused, "not long." i admitted.

i heard him letting out a long breath before nodding. before he could speak again, i cut him off.

"why?" i asked, worried.

"ah, it's- it's because we're transferring you to the hospital, i told you this."

"okay? what does that have to do with me not seeing her? can i not see her in the hospital??" i asked without realizing i was raising my voice.

he shook his head, "that's not what i'm saying. it's just that, there are some things that prevent you from seeing your friends..."

i stood up, a bit angry.

"i'm not being transferred to the hospital then. i don't care what you say." i refused and hurried to the door.

"jungwon!" he said sternly.

"think about your mother." dr. seong said suddenly, causing me to stop.

"w...what?"

he slowly walked towards me and hesitantly put his hand on my shoulder, "she would've wanted you to live." he said.

so it's true.

i felt my eyes getting watery again.

i am going to die...

"and so would she." he added.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
58.3K 3.2K 43
★﹐정원 𝗝𝗨𝗡𝗚𝗪𝗢𝗡.﹗ ❝ Five more minutes Jurin, let just sleep... ❝ ✦ ─ During a high school field trip to Jeju Island, Kang Jurin finds...
449K 21K 43
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟭 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 ❛𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘❜ 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦. ✿𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘈𝘶✿ With pleasant music in her ears...