The Deal

By ARIADNI_SA

Stavros Venieris is one of the most powerful landlords in the town. Although not of noble origin he managed t... More

Chapter 1 - Love Oaths
Chapter 2 - Bankruptcy
Chapter 3 - The Ball
Chapter 4 - Till We Meet Again
Chapter 5 - Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 6 - The Proposal
Chapter 7 - The Announcement
Chapter 8 - Wedding Day
Chapter 9 - Wedding Night
Chapter 10 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 11 - Family Affairs
Chapter 12 - Lies
Chapter 13 - Friends No More
Chapter 14 - Jealousy
Chapter 15 - The Return Of An Old Friend
Chapter 16 - Lost In The Forest
Chapter 17 - The Fireplace
Chapter 18 - The Assumption
Chapter 19 - Clarifications
Chapter 20 - Willing to Try
Chapter 21 - Mistress
Chapter 22 - Mutual Trust
Chapter 23 - Claim my Future
Chapter 24 - Inappropriate Behavior
Chapter 25 - Love Making
Chapter 26 - The Surprise
Chapter 27 - Halcyon Days
Chapter 28 - The Plot
Chapter 29 - Before The Storm
Chapter 30 - Futile Attempt
Chapter 31 - Τhe Deal
Chapter 32 - Where is Stavros?
Chapter 33 - Νext Day
Chapter 34 - Flee
Chapter 35 - Nowhere to be found
Chapter 36 - In an evil man hands
Chapter 37 - Someone to save me
Chapter 38 - Τhe Informer
Chapter 39 - Trip to Athens
Chapter 40 - Claiming back what's mine
Chapter 42 - At the pond
Chapter 43 - From a Different Perspective
Chapter 44 - What luck can bring
Chapter 45 - Victory Lap
Chapter 46 - Casablanca
Chapter 47 - Where is Melina?
Chapter 48 - A wish came true
Chapter 49 - Nemesis
Chapter 50 - Happily Ever After?

Chapter 41 - Everything Arranged

48 1 0
By ARIADNI_SA

Stavros' pov:

-"Why are you like this? What happened Stavros?" Christine asked me concerned.

When I found out about Melina's whereabouts, Christine suggested accompanying me. At first I was negative but finally she managed to convince me. A friend is all I need right now! When I returned to the hotel after my visit to Andreadakis' house Christine suggested to have dinner together in one of the most famous restaurants in Athens. Although nothing came down, I did it for her sake. I was so angry with George's behavior. How dare he not let me see my own wife? Even if she didn't want to talk to me, George had no right to interfere...

-"I didn't see Melina. This bastard Andreadakis didn't let me!"

-"Why? With what authority did he do such thing?" Christine asked.

-"Because he is a bastard! That's why! He wants to take advantage of this situation!"

-"Maybe she really doesn't want to see you Stavros!" Christine reasoned.

-"That was his excuse for not letting me" I explained and continued "Although I didn't hear it from her own lips."

-"You see?" she commented.

-"Christine I am sick of all this! He should have informed her to get down and speak with me. He had no right to interfere! Do you understand?" I scolded her.

-"Please don't get mad at me. I hate seeing you that way. Do you want me to do something to help you?"

-"Like what?"

-"I can visit Melina in Andreadakis' house and explain to her what really happened!"

-"No, Christine. I don't think she will agree to talk to you! Don't forget that because of our photos Melina refuses to see me."

-"That's why I want to go see her, to assure her that nothing happened between us that day"

-"Why do such a thing? Especially when you insist that something really did happen between us. Besides, I don't think she will believe you" I told her defeated.

-"We have nothing to lose, Stavros. I want to help you even if it means I have to lie about that day.....So what do you say? Do you trust me to go and talk to her?"

-"You know that it isn't a matter of trust. Of course I trust you! I don't want to bring you in an awkward situation. That's all!"

-"Don't worry about me! I will manage!" she said and smiled at me taking a bite from her food.

The truth is that I am relieved that Christine will visit Melina to explain everything to her. I know that no matter how much I insist, George and Tina will never let me see Melina in private. It will be much easier for Christine to see Melina and talk to her. I know Christine and I'm sure she will do anything to help me. She is, after all, my best friend!

Full of hope and happy with the new way things turned out, I dived into my food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A few days later

Christine's pov:

-"What on earth are you doing here?" Tina scolded me as she entered the office. I was in the Andreadakis' house waiting for her for nearly half an hour.

-"Good morning to you too Tina" I told her in a coolly way.

-"Are you nuts? Why did you come here?" Tina asked in a very aggressive way.

-"Do you want Stavros to come instead of me?" I contradicted.

-"So he was the one who sent you...." she noted.

-"Actually I offered"

-"And why did you do such a thing?" she questioned.

-"To avoid Stavros and Melina meet. You know what will happen if these two meet..." I explained.

-"Hmmm ... and what are you going to say to him?" Tina asked.

-"I have something in mind....."

-"First of all you must know that Melina is currying Stavros' child" Tina said in a serious way.

-"What? Is it true?" I asked incredulously. "This information changes everything! If Stavros finds out he won't leave Melina no matter what we tell him".

-"Of course it is! Do you think I would joke with such things?" Tina scolded me and continued "We must do everything we can to keep it in secret."

-"It isn't something you can hide forever, don't you think?" Ι contradicted.

-"I know that, you idiot! I just want to buy some time so we can claim that the baby belongs to George instead of Stavros'"

-"What? No, no, I do not want to be involved in this scam. What will happen if Stavros finds out?"

-"How will he know?"

-"If Melina finds her memory again, everything will be revealed".

-"Even if she finds her memory, I will convince her that the child belongs to George."

-"No, no this is very dangerous. I cannot risk it! Besides, I do not want to be the cause of separating a father from his child."

-"Nonsense! If you do not want to do it, Stavros will return to his wife, while you will be left alone. So what do you prefer?"

-"Ι....Ι don't know.....Give me some time to think about it"

-"You have nothing to think about. You have agreed to participate in all this. You can't back out now"

-"You know ... the truth is that since Melina left Stavros, he spends more time with me. It reminds me of the good old days between us!"

-"You see?" Tina said and kept on "Anyway what are you going to tell him about your today visit?"

-"That Melina is reluctant to return to him, that she didn't believe anything I told her and that she insists on getting a divorce. What do you think?"

-"Just excellent! I could not think of anything better myself!" Τina commented happily. "The only problem we have is that we have to make Melina sign the divorce documents."

-"So get her sign them" Ι suggested.

-"She didn't forget how to read you idiot! She has only amnesia!" Tina reasoned.

-"You'll think of something" I told her trying to encourage her.

-"I don't need your encouragement. I know what I am capable of! Now if you don't have anything else to say you can go. I have many things to do!" Tina said disparangly.

-"Ok, ok I am leaving" I said and got up.

-"Do not forget to inform me about Stavros' reaction when you tell him the news!"

-"Don't worry I will"

When I left Andreadakis' mansion I went straight to the restaurant where Stavros and I have arranged to meet earlier. I got in and after scanning the area, I found Stavros sitting on a table waiting for me. I headed to his table. When Stavros realized my presence he stood up and helped me sit. He seemed anxious, desperate, sad. I have never seen him in a similar situation before. It was obvious that the whole issue had affected him a lot. I hope when I tell him the news he understands and decides to go on with his life.

-"How are you?" I asked him.

-"Fine" he said curtly. "Did you see Melina?" he asked in agony.

-"Yes, I did" I confirmed.

-"And?" he wondered desperately.

-"She is unrepentant. She insists on getting a divorce" I told him firmly.

-"Did you explain the situation to her?"

-"I tried but she was adamant. She didn't want to hear anything about it. She is convinced that you cheated on her with me"

-"Did you explain to her that nothing happened between us?"

-"Although you know that's not true, I did" I told him sadly.

-"Are you sure you tried hard enough?"

-"Yes Stavros. Although it hurt me, I did my best" I assured him although the way he handled the issue between us hurt me.

-"And? Don't make me wait" he exclaimed.

-"She prefers to stay with George. She said that she loves him very much and that they will get married soon!"

-"Nooooooo! She can't do this to me! She doesn't love him. These are all lies!" Stavros said angrily. He behaved like a wild animal. Everyone was staring at us. I gently put my hand on his and looked at him intensely pointing to the people around us. He gave me a disapproval look.

-"Do you accuse me of lying?" I asked calmly after several seconds of silence. I felt offended and betrayed. My eyes were watery already.

-"No, no Christine. I didn't mean it in that way. I am just desperate. Don't you see? I can't lose her!" he said sincerely.

His words broke my heart in many pieces. I have never seen him behave like that. He really loved this woman. I began to feel guilty that I also contributed to his misery with my actions. At some point I wanted to reveal everything to him. But I did not. I held back my urge. I knew that if I did, I would lose him forever. No, I could not lose him! This was the only chance I had to win him back.

-"I understand Stavros but this is the situation and you have to accept it! Melina is done with you. She doesn't love you. In fact, she never did if she acts like that. She doesn't even want to give you a chance to explain. If you love her a little, give her the divorce to live happily with the man she loves. That was exactly her words. "

-"Never!"

-"I am sorry Stavros but eventually you will have to do it!"

-"No, I won't. I will never give up on her no matter what! Do you understand?" he said firmly. He didn't eat a single bite from his food and he ordered a whisky. He drank it in a sip. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 220 24
"Have you ever been handcuffed?" I asked him. "Sexually or by law enforcement?" _____________ Aria is a kind, sweet girl who lives off comfort, shopp...
1.4M 48.6K 39
Getting married to the love of your life is everyone's dream. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Drea Miles was in love with someone who didn't even know...
8M 480K 51
To take over her injured aunt's job temporarily- Pia Rosi, a newly graduated historian, offered to work as a maid to the highly powerful Greek billio...
308K 18K 49
*TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED BY FRAYED PAGES x WATTPAD BOOKS! COMING TO BOOKSTORES 6/11/24!!* |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human m...