Chapter 41 - Everything Arranged

Stavros' pov:

-"Why are you like this? What happened Stavros?" Christine asked me concerned.

When I found out about Melina's whereabouts, Christine suggested accompanying me. At first I was negative but finally she managed to convince me. A friend is all I need right now! When I returned to the hotel after my visit to Andreadakis' house Christine suggested to have dinner together in one of the most famous restaurants in Athens. Although nothing came down, I did it for her sake. I was so angry with George's behavior. How dare he not let me see my own wife? Even if she didn't want to talk to me, George had no right to interfere...

-"I didn't see Melina. This bastard Andreadakis didn't let me!"

-"Why? With what authority did he do such thing?" Christine asked.

-"Because he is a bastard! That's why! He wants to take advantage of this situation!"

-"Maybe she really doesn't want to see you Stavros!" Christine reasoned.

-"That was his excuse for not letting me" I explained and continued "Although I didn't hear it from her own lips."

-"You see?" she commented.

-"Christine I am sick of all this! He should have informed her to get down and speak with me. He had no right to interfere! Do you understand?" I scolded her.

-"Please don't get mad at me. I hate seeing you that way. Do you want me to do something to help you?"

-"Like what?"

-"I can visit Melina in Andreadakis' house and explain to her what really happened!"

-"No, Christine. I don't think she will agree to talk to you! Don't forget that because of our photos Melina refuses to see me."

-"That's why I want to go see her, to assure her that nothing happened between us that day"

-"Why do such a thing? Especially when you insist that something really did happen between us. Besides, I don't think she will believe you" I told her defeated.

-"We have nothing to lose, Stavros. I want to help you even if it means I have to lie about that day.....So what do you say? Do you trust me to go and talk to her?"

-"You know that it isn't a matter of trust. Of course I trust you! I don't want to bring you in an awkward situation. That's all!"

-"Don't worry about me! I will manage!" she said and smiled at me taking a bite from her food.

The truth is that I am relieved that Christine will visit Melina to explain everything to her. I know that no matter how much I insist, George and Tina will never let me see Melina in private. It will be much easier for Christine to see Melina and talk to her. I know Christine and I'm sure she will do anything to help me. She is, after all, my best friend!

Full of hope and happy with the new way things turned out, I dived into my food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A few days later

Christine's pov:

-"What on earth are you doing here?" Tina scolded me as she entered the office. I was in the Andreadakis' house waiting for her for nearly half an hour.

-"Good morning to you too Tina" I told her in a coolly way.

-"Are you nuts? Why did you come here?" Tina asked in a very aggressive way.

-"Do you want Stavros to come instead of me?" I contradicted.

-"So he was the one who sent you...." she noted.