Chapter 15 - The Return Of An Old Friend

Stavros' pov:

Several days have passed since Duke's ball and the situation between Melina and I remains the same. Although that day she had almost confided in me that she was jealous, she showed no other emotion after that. 

I have to admit for a while I felt happy that Melina started to have feelings for me. But they were wishful thinking after all. I don't need to daydream anymore. She will never feel anything for me. This marriage was arranged and this woman is not willing to do anything to change that. I have to get on with my life. Christine is not so bad. She could make a good wife. If things continue like this, I will divorce Melina and marry her.

-"Mr. Venieris, sorry to interrupt, but there is someone outside who wants to see you" came Lena's voice. I was so focused that I didn't hear her enter.

-"Did you not inform him that I am busy at the moment?" I scolded her.

-"I'm sorry sir. I tried to tell him but he wouldn't let me. He wants to talk to you right away"

-"Who is he?" I asked annoyed.

-"His name is Alexandros Vranas."

-"Oh my....Is Alexandros outside? Go apologize and bring him here immediately!"

-"Yes sir right now" Lena said fearfully. The girl is new here and probably not used to my tactics. She was really scared.

A few seconds later there was a knock on the door and Alexander entered. Alexandros was my father's best friend and my godfather. I love him very much. He was my mentor and my support when my father died. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have made it.

I was only sixteen when my father died and I had to fill his shoes. Alexandros was there to help me with everything. He took me and my family to his house. He taught me everything I know! Make sure I have the right education and training. When I turned eighteen he put me in his business as an assistant. I started from the bottom and slowly worked my way up and became an active member in his businesses. He was always by my side and supported me and taught me everything. With his help I became who I am today. I can't be more grateful to him than I already am. Seeing him enter my office I immediately got up and moved closer to hug him. He gave me a big hug and tapped his right hand on my back.

-"Long time no sees my son. How are you?"

-"Welcome home Alexandros. I am good and you?"

-"Only good? This is not the right answer for a newlywed. By the way, I'm so sorry I didn't make it to your wedding. I was in Argentina at the time, but I brought you a present! A gift that your beloved bride will be very excited about."

-"It is ok. You didn't have to bring us anything! Besides, your presence is more than enough for me!" I reassured him.

-"Don't say stupid things! Why are you so unhappy? What's going on Stavros? Is your wife so annoying that she made you feel this way?"

-"I would say indifferent rather than annoying" I objected.

-"Why so?"

-"Let me start from the beginning" I told him and started to narrate our story. Alexandros was  listening to me very carefully all the while when I finished my story.

-"Why did you do such a thing my boy? Why did you act so selfishly?"

-"I really do not know. All I know is that from the first day I saw her something happened inside me.  I wanted her. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I wanted to see her, touch her, kiss her and make her mine.I just couldn't imagine my life without her."

-"But you don't do any of these things...From what you told me you two act like strangers. Are you satisfied with this?"

-"No, I am really not" I replied disappointed.