Emily In The Selection (book...

By enicole227

Emily is an ordinary adolescent who desires to enter Prince Ryan's selection. She ends up getting selected an... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Capter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - The Proposal
Chapter 40
Acknowledgments

Chapter 10

2.8K 78 8
By enicole227

Dear family,
The last few days have been extremely difficult without you and I miss you all so much. It's been crazy here so far. I made friends with Amity Hatton, but she is leaving the selection now. She had an awful experience watching one of her maids get hurt by a guard. I tried comforting her, but she still wants to go home. I too have had some weird experiences so far, but I'll try to stay here for as long as I can. I hope everyone is doing well, but I have to finish writing now. I have a dinner to attend soon to meet the royals!
Hugs and kisses,
Emily.
(P.s. I will be on the report Thursday night so be sure to be watching!)

I worked on writing the note to my family and asked my maids to mail it for me. The dinner is going to start in 10 minutes and I am shaking with nervousness.

"Don't worry, Lady Emily. I'm sure the dinner will be fine." Karen smiled at me.

Karen is such a sweet maid, but she is also pretty shy. Chelsea is my main maid, which is why I'm always calling on her.

I sighed and checked the mirror one last time. I know I look beautiful, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Seeing Prince Ryan again is scary enough, but I'm also meeting his parents which makes way more pressure fall on me.

"Are you ready?" Chelsea raised an eyebrow.

"I think so." I lied. I will never be ready.

"Alright, we can walk you down if you'd like."

"No that's okay. I think I can find my way."

I doubt I could find my way on my own, but nobody else would have their maids walk them down and I didn't want to be the only one.

"Okay. Well have fun! Tell us about when you get back." They giggled.

I smiled and nodded at them. I had no words.

I started toward the door and took a deep breath. I look down the hallway to find Amity walking toward me in a stunning dark green dress. Her dress was silky and flowed down to her feet, outlining her figure.

"Emily! You look amazing!" She hugged me.

"Oh, you look even better! I love your dress!" I hugged back.

"Thank you!"

I suddenly didn't feel so nervous.
I followed her to the same dining room that we had breakfast in. Sitting at the ends of the table were King Jacob, Queen Marcy, and Prince Ryan.
My stomach sank.

Amity walked in front of me and curtsied before them, so I did the same.

My heart was ponding in my ears. I took a seat between Amity and Amelia, and smiled at Amelia.

We were not allowed to eat yet because two girls still weren't here. I looked around to figure out who was not here. Jessica and Hannah.

"Queen Marcy, do you remember entering King Jacobs selection?" Tammy asked.

She sat just a little ways away from them.

I was puzzled that she could just speak so direct to them, but seeing the way the royals looked at her, there was no doubt she'd be the royals favorite.

"Of course," Queen Marcy looked up to King Jacob, "it was a slow selection. There were 30 girls. I'm so glad that Ryan has decided to start with 10 girls instead. It will make things much easier." She smiled at Tammy.

Tammy looked so interested into their conversation as it went on, but I payed no more attention to it. Instead, I focused on Jessica walking in with a gorgeous navy blue ballgown dress.

Her makeup was again caked on her face, and everything was perfect and beautiful. Of course it would be the end of the world if she had any flaw.

Hannah walked in shortly after, but we waited a while until a man came out to announce that dinner was ready to be served.

As I waited for dinner to be placed on my plate, I stared at Prince Ryan. His gorgeous eyes wandered around the room, and his back stood with perfect posture. He glanced over at me while my eyes were still fixed on him. He smiled as I looked away.

He caught me staring.

When I looked back to him he mouthed "I'll come by later."

I was blushing. I could feel it. My cheeks turned hot and I held my breath.

"This is Emily," Amity pointed at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Emily, this is Florida," she explained to me.

"Ah, yes. We met at breakfast." I smiled at her.

She sat on the other side of Amity and had been talking to her for a while. I didn't notice though. Their conversation blended in with the other voices that blossomed throughout the room.

Suddenly food was dropped onto my plate, and soup into my bowl.

I couldn't figure out what it was, but it was a golden color and was mushy. I picked up my fork and dived in. The texture was weird, but so delicious!
It tasted amazing. Even better than my moms homemade pancakes!

"This is so good!" Amity said with her mouth full. It seemed unladylike of her, but it wouldn't matter. After this dinner, she would be eliminated anyways.

"I know," I smiled.

The soup was potato soup with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

"Well this is the palace, after all. Their food should be amazing," Amelia spoke unexpectedly.

The rest of the night was amazing. Laughs, smiles, conversations, and satisfaction is what it summed up to. The food was spectacular and the King and Queen were charming. Prince Ryan didn't say much, but he was probably just observing the selected.
I headed back to my room afterwords to greet my maids once again.

"How was it?" Asked Karen.

"Amazing! I was worried for nothing. The food was great and the King and Queen were so sweet." I smiled.

"Good! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," Chelsea chimed in.

I sighed and sat down in front of the vanity.

"Would you like us to get you ready for bed? Or do think you'll be going out of your room before you sleep?" Asked Chelsea.

That reminded me that Prince Ryan would be coming by.

"I think Prince Ryan will be stopping by. Is there a simple dress I could change into?" I asked. I just wanted to get the giant poof ball of a dress off.

"Yes, we made you a dress that was for tomorrow morning, but you could wear it now if you'd like."

"Alright," I smiled.

They pulled out a plain white dress that was cute and silky. It was knee length and had sleeves that stopped after my elbows. The neckline was rounded around my chest.
I pulled it on (with their help of course) and slid on some simple white flats. They also pulled my hair down and left it in my natural waves.
This was way more comfortable than the giant dress I had on before.

I waited a while, but Prince Ryan didn't come yet. I decided to make my way to the ladies room and continue reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond there.

As I walked in, Amelia and Kathleen already sat on couches.

"Hey, Emily!" Amelia smiled.

"Hey guys," I took a seat next to Kathleen.

"We were just talking about Amity. She told me that she's leaving tomorrow morning at 5:30." Kathleen explained.

I never really saw Amity talk that much to Kathleen, but Amity was friendly to everyone so it didn't surprise me.

"Yeah, it's a shame. She would've made a great princess," I sighed.

"I know," said Amelia.

"Where's Jessica?" Asked Kathleen.

"With that giant dress and all the makeup she was wearing it'll take her a while to get it all off," Amelia laughed.

"Yeah," Kathleen chuckled, "she's normally in here so I was just wondering."

It wasn't long after she said that when Jessica walked in silently.

She took a seat by herself and stared at me. We were all quiet.

"Um... I think I better go," I said closing my book, "my maids are waiting for me." I got up and scurried toward the door.

I don't think my maids would be waiting for me as much and Prince Ryan would, but I didn't want to say anything that would get Jessica fired up.

Heading toward my room, I met Amity in the hallway.

"Hey I'm going to bed soon. I just wanted to say goodbye now so I don't have to wake you in the morning," she hugged me.

"Oh Amity," I felt tears burning against my eyes, but I held them back.

"I'm sorry, Emily. I'll miss you, but I thank you for being so kind to me the last few days." She pulled herself back.

"Amity, I'll miss you so much!"

"I'm hoping you win this," she whispered.

We exchanged more hugs and smiles and then she went off into her room. As much as I would like to spend the rest of my night with her, I have a Prince waiting for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 1.3K 29
Think. All of Kiera Cass's Selection books are magical, beautiful, and so utterly and completely romantic. And all this magic, beauty, and romance...
74.8K 3.7K 54
Cordelia doesn't have a last name. She doesn't have a family. And she doesn't have a home. She's been stuck in a foster home all her life, and at sev...
55 10 8
When Aurora Wilder is selected to compete in Prince Thomas's Selection, the competition to win his heart (and the crown), it's fitting. She's despera...
2.4K 110 17
Previously known as 'my selection' in the books it's maxons selection but what if it was the other way around? in this story, it's America's selecti...