His to Claim (Published)

By TeaNHeartache

Sample Manuscript- 70% Published : Decemeber 11th 2016 Scarlett has faced the rejection of her mate and come... More

Prologue: The End
Resignation from Life
Ello Mate
Second Chances?
Foot in Mouth Disease
Rather Chew Off My Arm
Kitchen Duty is A Bitch
Playing With Flour
Cinderella Should've Worn Converse
Until Death Do We Part--Or Until I Kill You
Keeper Of Secrets
One Step Forward, Two Steps back
Into The Woods
Sins and Tragedies
Some Call These Baby Steps
Old Candle, New Flame
In the Heat of the Moment
What You Don't Know...
A Ladies Request
The New Deal
Crime and Punishment
Submission
The Mate Agreement
Hide & Hunt
Separation
Wounded
Breathe
Chokechain & Shock Collar
The Trial
The Doctors Order
Sore Loser
You, Me and Pack
Oh, Bite Me? Bite You!
A Little Dark, A Little Twisted
Of Monsters & Men
Writing On The Wall
Honest Revelations
The Push & Pull
A Mate for A Lonely Protector
What The Alpha Says *Removed*
Such Sweet Sorrow
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Promises, Promises
Killing Me Softly
The Other Shoe Falls
Like a Rabid Dog in a Cage
When You're Gone
The Wolf with Two Faces
The Good Ol' Doctor
A Cornered Queen
A Lovers Quarrel
Cell Block Alpha
Violent Desires & Violent Ends
Feral Intentions
Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)
All I Want
FAQ for the Inquiring Minds
Authors Note: Interview
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!
Update | Taken By The Unicorn Overlords
Update | The Unicorn Overlords # 2
Update | Unicorn Overlords Demand Free Goodies
Update | Unicorn Overlords Have More Goodies To Give
Update | Unicorn Overlords Reveal Cover Winner & Bonus Chapter
Update | Unicorn Overlords Have something to say
Update | Unicorn Overlords Are Invading
Update | Freedom from Unicorn Overlords
Bonus Chapter: The Beauty and The Beast
Contest!!!

Fighting Words

336K 13.6K 1.4K
By TeaNHeartache

The car ride to the other pack was a good five hours on back roads. Nadia and I didn't talk much during the drive probably she was afraid of saying the wrong thing. When we got closer Nadia began to shift nervously around in her seat like a two year old with a full bladder. I watched her for a moment before bringing up the matter, "Is something the matter?" 

Nadia tightened her grip on the steering wheel but gave me a tight lipped smile, "No. Why do you ask?" I shrug my shoulders but don't say anything else about the matter. If she wanted to tell me then she would. She slows down the car when we see a small building in the distance, "Listen Scarlett, there are somethings I should probably tell you now about this pack—" I turn in my seat to get a better look at her. 

"They are a bit on the stricter side so you probably shouldn't expect a warm welcome. They're also very formal so when addressing any of the higher wolves be sure to use their title because offending them is not a good idea." She gives a quick look in my direction as we get nearer to the building which looks similar to a security check. 

"I think I can handle it Nadia but thank you for the concern." I say with a small smile. She looks away from me anxiously, "One last thing, the Alpha is a little old in his thoughts about she-wolves and especially the Luna position. So unless your spoken too—" 

"Don't speak? What a neaderthal. "

Nadia looks to me skeptically as if to say 'that's what I mean' 

 I lift a brow, "What I meant to say was, that shouldn't be a problem." I give a fake smile and she rolls her eyes as she stops next to the building. A young guy maybe only a little older than eighteen stepped out with a serious expression on his baby face. Nadia rolled down the darkly tinted window, "Well if it isn't Alastair Kelly!" She said in a overly friendly tone. The kid squinted his eyes for a moment looking at her more closely, "Nadia?" He questions before a small smile spreads over his lips, "Well, well—what brings you back to these parts?" He questions as he steps closer to the car leaning down to look in. 

Nadia keeps her smile and leans back a bit allowing him to get a view of me in the passenger seat. Alastair's eyes drift from her to me and scan over my body making me feel slightly uncomfortable. His smile becomes smoother, "Hello there beautiful—I'm Alastair." He flirts tipping his imaginary hat in my direction. He's adorable and if I was younger, less jaded and unmated I would have probably been pleased by the attention. However as things stood I tried hard not to laugh because he has no idea that I'm a Luna or that I was Noah's mate because if he did I doubt he would have been so forward. Nadia's eyes nearly popped out of her head, "Oh back off horn dog!" She teases. 

He steps back with a bit of laughter, "Is Alpha Randall expecting you?" 

Nadia shakes her head, "We came to see Alpha Noah..." 

"Nadia—You know the rules. You need permission from the Alpha to enter." Alastair scolds shaking his head but not loosing his grin. Nadia leans out the window a bit making a puppy face, "I know Al, but I have to deliver something important to Noah—couldn't you just let me in this one time. You know me—Come on..." She whines at him. 

He looked between Nadia and I for a moment as if trying to decide what he should do. Finally he let out a sigh, "Fine—but if you cause any trouble I swear..." Nadia's smile grew bigger, "Thank you, thank you! You were always my favorite cousin!" She put her foot on the gas and slowly began to drive down the road. 

"I'm your only cousin!" I hear Alastair shout before she rolled back up her window. 

The car was silent for a moment before I decided to speak, "you weren't kidding about things being strict were you." Nadia looked to me and shook her head, "Well they have there reasons—this is a smaller pack and they've been attacked many times in the past. So the security is tight and the fighters are well trained. Some of the best fighters come from this pack—So they might be small but they're fierce."  I can hear the pride in her voice. Even if she is a part of Noah's pack now she is still proud of her origins. I wish I could say the same but my old pack was more like a prison for me. 

We only had to drive down the dirt road for another twenty minutes before we hit the pack house. It was definitely not as large as Noah's but it seemed much busier for some reason. Nadia parked the car and we were already getting looks from curious people passing by. I was suddenly feeling anxious over my impulsive desire to not wait until Noah returned to speak to him. 

"Don't worry—Alpha Randall liked me quite a lot when I was a part of this pack." Nadia says giving my shoulder an encouraging pat before opening the car door and getting out. I collect myself and then get out of the car making sure to keep my head held high. I walked around the side of the car to meet Nadia. I could feel eyes focus on us as we started to walk toward the house. I guess after the past couple of weeks I've spent in Noah's pack house I've grown accustomed to the stares but this felt more hostile and less curious. 

Before we could reach the door two large males stepped in front of us. The one on the left crossed his arms over his chest, "Nadia—" he sounded like he was exasperated. She made a face and crossed her arms over her chest mimicking him, "Cole—" She looked from him to the other male and gave him a soft smile, "Miles, how is Courtney doing?" 

The one called Miles expression soften, "She's doing great—We just found out were expecting a pup." He looked proud over that news. Nadia dropped a bright smile, "That's great news! Congratulations to the both of you."  He nodded his head as if to thank her. His buddy Cole gave him a stiff look and that made him toughen back up again. Cole looked over the both of us, his eyes drifting to me suspiciously, "Whose your friend Nadia?" 

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared up at him. Nadia cleared her throat, "It's none of your business. We're here to see Alpha Noah not you." 

Cole smirked, "Actually as third-in-command it is my business." He corrects her and I watch her stiffen at his words, "Third?" she questions. 

"That's right Sweetheart" He mocks, "I've had a bit of a promotion since you ran away..." I look to Nadia out of the corner of my eye curious about what he means by 'ran away'. She sneers at him but says nothing in response.  I clear my throat, "Not to be rude, but the matter that brought us here is urgent." Eyes turn to me and I keep myself standing tall. 

"You don't have the smell of Alpha Noah's pack—" Cole says after a sniff. Nadia looks to me out of the corner of her eye as if also realizing that I still smelled like my old pack because I had yet to pledge to another and take their mark. I remained calm, "Of course I don't—I am an ambassador from another pack—we are negotiating terms of an alliance..." I lie through my teeth. I could tell them that I am his mate but considering the fact that he was supposed to mate someone from this pack I don't think that is the wisest course of action. 

Cole looked me over, "They sent a woman? Odd..." 

I frown at his words, "What's wrong with sending a woman? Do you doubt that I am capable of something?" I can't believe this guy. 

This male needs to show us some respect, or we can make him. My wolf growls and I do my best to keep her hidden. Nadia must have sensed the unease growing inside of me because she cleared her throat calling the attention back to her, "Well are you going to interrogate us further or are we free to see Alpha Noah?" 

Cole looked annoyed, "He and Alpha Randall are currently negotiating —you'll have to wait."  

A growl escapes my throat before I can stop myself. Cole lifts his eyebrow in surprise, "Did you just growl at me?" 

"No..." Nadia answers for me, "She's getting over being sick—" Cole gives Nadia a look as if to say 'shut up or I'll shut you up' and she quickly presses her lips together but she glares at him murderously. Cole steps closer toward us his eyes focusing on me, "Your name and your rank?" This wasn't an odd request when visiting other packs—it was a way to keep tabs. 

"My name is Scarlett— And I already told you I'm an ambassador..." I say trying to keep my tone even. 

"I don't want your duty—I want your rank." He corrects me. I frown at him, I could lie but I doubt it would be believable but I could tell a half truth. I keep my gaze locked with his, "I'm the Luna." At my words he steps back a bit but he still seems skeptical, "Luna, I am going to have to ask you to wait until the meeting between the Alpha's are over..." 

I narrow my gaze, "Look, Cole—I just spent the last three days in heat and separated from my mate." His cheeks tint pink at my words but I continue, "I woke up this morning to find out that Alpha Noah was no where to be found and I just rode five hours to talk with him—so excuse me if I don't find the idea of waiting a moment longer very appealing." Miles looked like he was trying to hold back laughter at Cole's expense and so did Nadia. Cole was leaning back away from me, "Uh—follow me Luna Scarlett." His tone of voice changes. 

He turns on his heels and starts walking towards the house. Nadia pats me on the shoulder knowingly before following and I can't help but feel a little smug over the fact that I got the guy to bend. He led us through the house at a quick pace. He led us to a door that was being guarded by two large men. Cole nodded his head, "I have someone here to speak with Alpha Noah." The two men look toward Nadia and I with cold expressions before one of them knocks on the door. 

There is a moment of silence and then the door opens a bit revealing a younger male with a hard look his dark hair buzzed down very short and a scar across his neck that looks like someone tried to cut his head off at some point, "What?" His voice is gravely and deep. 

The guy who knocked nods his head toward Cole, "Says he's got someone here to speak with Alpha Noah." The young male looks away toward Cole his brows furrowed, "It can't wait?" 

Cole shifts slightly, "Sorry Beta Robert but Luna Scarlett says—" The Beta's eyes open a little wider as he looks away from Cole toward Nadia and I. Nadia lowers her head respectfully but I stand there awkwardly not sure what to do now that Noah is right on the other side of that door. 

"Beta Robert!" Came a loud voice, "What is the problem?" 

Ah, screw this! I walked forward away from Nadia and around Cole. I kept my head held high as I approach the large males blocking my way no one tried to stop me only regarded me with curiosity and suspicion. Beta Roberts gave me one more look before he stepped back from the door and allowed me access. I took a breath and entered the room. 

Alpha Randall sat behind a desk and Noah sat in a chair in front of his desk. There was a younger woman in the room probably only a year younger than me standing behind Alpha Randall her eyes focused on the ground her head bowed. I knew it must be his daughter the one meant to mate with Noah. My wolf immediately growled at the thought and I looked away from the girl. Noah turned in his seat—his eyes widening for a moment at the sight of me, "Scarlett?" 

"Noah..." I said his name with a tight lipped smile though I hope he understood that it meant I was here to kill him. 

"You know this woman Alpha Noah?" Alpha Randall asked with a almost disgusted look cast in my direction. 

"Yes—this is—Uh, my mate—the one I was talking about" He says looking very uncomfortable, clearly he had not been expecting me to do something like this. 

The girl looked up from the ground quickly in my direction. She looked shocked for a moment and than extremely happy, which wasn't the reaction I had been expecting. I looked away from her to Alpha Randall who was frowning as his eyes drifted over me, "She looks a bit on the small side—doesn't bode well for a strong wolf. Hopefully you haven't already marked her..." 

My body stiffened at his words, "Excuse me?" My wolf raced towards the surface and knew my eyes were black, "Want to try that again?" 

This isn't exactly how I had imagined this meeting would go—in fact things just went from bad to worse. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 15.3K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
24.2K 738 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
1.1M 42.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...