Army Goddess

By Profiler2610

Major Angela Karev, also known as Dr. Angela Karev, is coming home for good. Ever since she was 19, she had b... More

Cast (midS7-S10)
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Torres
Chapter 3: Wedding Fun
Chapter 4: Protocols
update: an
Chapter 5: Trauma
Chapter 6: 1st Years, Honestly
Chapter 7: Appy or Cardio?
Chapter 8: Boys Night
Chapter 9: Dating?
Chapter 10: Coq au Vin
Chapter 11: Play Ball
Chapter 12: Heart in a Box
Chapter 13: Henry
Chapter 14: Aftermath of Henry
Chapter 15: Horrible Torture
Chapter 16: Karev vs Karev
Chapter 17: Valentine's
Chapter 18: Man Brain
Chapter 20: Hearts
Chapter 21: Chief Sloan
Chapter 22: Interviews
Chapter 23: The Question
Chapter 24: Decisions
Chapter 25: News
Chapter 26: Goodbye Mark Sloan
Chapter 27: Surge
Chapter 28: Settlement?
Chapter 29: Food List
Chapter 30: Zola
Chapter 31: Statements
Chapter 32: Happens for a Reason
Chapter 33: NICU
Chapter 34: Guilt-Trip
Chapter 35: Gasoline
Chapter 36: Winning
Chapter 37: Waves
Chapter 38: Karev-Sloan
Chapter 39: Quitting
Chapter 40: Buying
Chapter 41: Domino-Transplant
Chapter 42: LODOX
Chapter 43: Fight
Chapter 44: War
Chapter 45: Offer
Chapter 46: Leaving?
Chapter 47: Storm Part 1
Chapter 48: Storm Part 2
Chapter 49: Leaving
Chapter 50: Jimmy
Chapter 51: Switzerland
Chapter 52: Serving
Chapter 53: Back for Good

Chapter 19: Stupid Brother

4.7K 135 14
By Profiler2610

Season 8, Episode 17

Angela smiles as the barista hands her her order before she turns to Teddy, "T, you have $4 million to grow hearts. We are gonna grow some hearts!"

"My life is finally finding a purpose again. Sure, my husband is dead, I don't talk to Hunt anymore and I have trouble sleeping alone but I get to grow hearts with my best friend and my best resident."

"This is way I love you. You make me seem chipper and normal," They laugh before Angela looks at her watch, "I gotta go. I'm swinging by Mark's lab to give him a coffee then I have Morgan's preemie to check on."

Teddy holds an arm out in front of her to stop her, "Speaking of Mark but not speaking of Mark, you get Little Grey on your service next week."

She looks confused, "Okay? Why does that matter? She's a resident, I should have her on my service at some point."

"I'm just preparing you, A," Teddy holds her hands up in surrender, "You know with hers and Marks history."

"I'm fine, T. Mark was kinda a manwhore. He's dated and slept with a lot of people here. Including you," Angela points out.

"Oh, so you remember that I dated Mark Sloan but you can't remember my birthday?" Teddy calls after her best friend as she runs away, "How does that work?"

Laughing, Angela slows down as she makes her way to the plastic's labs. Opening the door, she sees Jackson and Mark, "And...you're sorry, but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?"

Angela snorts, sitting Mark's coffee in front of him and kissing his cheek before turning to his protege, "Hiding from your mother? Isn't that so...high school?"

Jackson goes to argue but the door opens to reveal Catherine Avery followed by a woman, "There you are."

"Dr. Avery," Mark greets, turning to face the woman.

"Dr. Sloan. How nice to see you again," Catherine turns to Angela, "Major Karev, you as well. Now move outta my way so I can see my boy," Mark and Angela are pushed aside so Catherine can hug Jackson, "You look skinny. Tell me you did not forget your tux."

"Tux?"

Catherine explains, "Jackson is my date for the Frontiers of Medicine Benefit tonight."

Angela smiles, "Oh, I'm going to that as well. I helped develop some plans and courses of action for the army so I got invited on their behalf."

The urologist smiles at her before gesturing to the woman who has been standing quietly, "Oh, this is Dr. Mara Keaton. Mara is my star urology fellow. Mara, my son Jackson. Dr. Mark Sloan. Major Angela Karev."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," She says, a British accent showing itself.

"Pleasure to meet you," Angela smiles as Mark side eyes the Avery's.

"Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year, and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son?" Catherine says, "Dr. Sloan, can you spare him for just a couple of hours?"

Mark fakes like he's gonna say no but nods, "Absolutely. Show her around. Take your time."

Angela nods, "That sounds like an excellent idea. Seattle Grace is a big hospital and we don't want Dr. Keaton getting lost."

"But...but we are busy with work," Jackson reminds him.

"Nonsense," Angela shakes her head, enjoying torturing a resident, "Mark has work that, frankly, he needs an intern's help with, not a fifth year resident."

"Perfect."

"Perfect."

"Perfect."

Mark and Angela share a smile.

♤♤♤♤

Sitting in a conference room next to Arizona, Angela explains to Morgan and Alex whats's going on with Tommy, "Can he even take heart surgery?'

Angela nods, "He has to. He has a pericardial tumor compressing on his heart. He's decompensating."

"He has a brain bleed. Shouldn't heart surgery wait till after it's cleared up?"

She shakes her head, "Trust me, I wish we could, but it has to happen today."

Callie joins them in the conference room, giving her update, "Hey. So Tommy's hip dysplasia can be treated with a harness. And I brought you a scone since you skipped breakfast," She drops a bag in front of her wife.

"Oh, thank you," Arizona says, looking into the bag, "Pumpkin. Ew."

"I'll take it," Alex says, reaching over the table and grabbing it, "Eat that," He tells Morgan.

"Right. Like I can eat."

The attendings watch Alex care for her, "You didn't eat all night. You're gonna pass out. Just eat it."

Morgan ignores him and looks at Arizona, "When, uh, when are you going to do the surgery?"

Angela shakes out of her shock at seeing Alex care for Morgan so much, "As soon as he's prepped. Alex will let you know when we get started."

Alex looks to his sister, "Yeah, I'm gonna scrub in, right?"

"You just want him to have surgery cause it'll look good for your boards."

"I do not," Alex shakes his head, "And also I do, but it's gonna be great for my boards. Look, he's gonna be fine, all right?"

Morgan follows Alex out, looking at Angela, "He's not scrubbing in. He was up all night."

"Oh, shut up."

"Should Karev really be hooking up with the heart-patient intern mom? I mean-"

Angela shakes her head, "What? No. Alex would never hook up with a patient/patient's mom."

Callie gives her a look, "Have you not heard of the Rebecca/Ava situation?"

"What?"

"There was a ferryboat accident. Karev pulled a pregnant woman out of it, she forgot who she was, she had face surgery with a whole new face, and then they fell for each other before Stevens had her evaluated by psych. She faked a pregnancy. He snuck her into observation to watch a surgery."

"No, he's just-he's-Karev's are naturally caring people. He's just-she's his intern and he's trying to be nice. I know my brother," Angela argues, tripping over her chair.

♤♤♤♤

In surgery, Angela finishes up, "Just a few more sutures."

Arizona sighs, shaking her head, "God, I have seen some tiny little hearts, but-"

"This is the tiniest," The monitors start going off, "Woah."

"His pressure's dropped. What happened?" Alex asks from his position observing.

"Doctor, his fontanel is bulging and the pupils are dilated," The anesthesiologist tells them.

"His IVH."

Alex springs into action, "Give me the ultrasound," He squirts some gel on Tommy's head.

Arizona watches the monitor, "Okay. Right there. It's progressed to Stage Three. He's gonna need a ventriculostomy fast, or we're looking at hydrocephalus."

"And brain damage."

"Page Marcus," Arizona tells the room.

"No, Shepherd should take this," Alex argues.

Angela shakes her head, "He can't, he's in surgery."

Arizona nods, "Just page Marcus. He can handle it."

Alex continues to push, "No, the kid's getting Shepherd. Just wait for me," he runs out of the room before Angela sighs.

"Damn. He is getting attached."

♤♤♤♤

Angela looks up from her charting when a sandwich is sit onto of the papers, "Jambalaya day?"

"Yup ad I like you too much to lose you to salmonella," Mark smiles, leaning against the counter, "Why are you frowning? I got you a turkey just like you like."

"My stupid brother is being stupid and falling or fooling around with the stupid intern with the preemie."

"Karev's falling for another patient? He's gotta nip that in the bud," Mark scoffs, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

She groans, "I thought Callie was making that story up."

Mark smirks, "The pregnant woman who's face I reconstructed? No, she wasn't making it up."

Angela slams her head down on the counter before sighing, "Alex is a grown man and obviously needs to learn from another mistake. I can't interfere because it's not my business."

"I love you."

She looks at Mark and sees his serious face, "What?"

"I love you," He tells her again, "And I know that I said I want to take this slow, but I do love you."

"I love you too," Angela smiles, leaning up and kissing him, "Now, I have to get ready for this stupid benefit."

Mark smirks, "Sofia and I will be waiting for you at home when you're done."

Angela chuckles, "Home?"

He shrugs, "You basically live with me. It just feels like home with you there."

♤♤♤♤

In the fanciest dress she has ever worn, Angela waits with Catherine and Mark as Jackson and Mara join them, "Don't you look fine."

Angela leans against Mark as he massages her shoulders while Jackson addresses his mother, "Mom, Mara has something to say."

"I-I don't really," Mara shakes her head.

"Sure you do."

"Dr. Avery and I have decided we won't be joining you tonight," Mara tells her, causing Angela to deflat a little.

"Oh?"

Mara immediately backtracks, "Unless, of course, you really want me to, and-" Jackson whispers something to her that causes her to straighten her back, "Since you brought me across the country to run a personal errand for you when I could've been gaining valuable surgical experience...I've decided to take the night off. I'm going to do what I want to do with my time and you can just-"

Catherine cuts her off as Mark and Angela share impressed looks, "You want to stop right there."

Jackson nods, "Yeah, you're done."

"So you captured my spy."

"She will be very well treated. Now you have fun. Okay? Fly safe. I love you," Jackson kisses his mother's cheek before looking at Mara, "Doctor," he looks at Angela and gives her a little smirk that was eerily similar to her boyfriends, "You have fun at your benefit."

"I was gonna uninvite you all anyway," Catherine calls after them.

Mark pumps his fist, "That's my boy."

Angela groans, laying her head on Mark's shoulder, "There's your boy walking out with my only source of entertainment for the night."

He laughs, "Sofia and I will see you after and we'll spend time watching kid friendly movies."

"I love you and will see you later," Angela kisses him before turning to Catherine, seeing Webber walk away, "Well, Dr. Avery, it looks like it's just you and I tonight."

"It seems so."

The two women walk out of the hospital, heading to an event neither of them really want to be at.

♤♤♤♤

AN: Season 9 is gonna suck for Angela and while I'm so excited for her storyline, I might get some hate for where I go with it.

Mark and Angela's relationship is advancing and it's gonna be painful.

QoC: I want Angela to go somewhere for a season but I don't know which season...so, which season? (10, 11, or 12?) I want her to be there for season 9 and she has to be there for at least the second half of season 13.

Thanks for all of the votes and comments and reads!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 88 13
Fem!OC x Alex Karev Fem!OC x Mark Sloan Fem!OC x Male!OC Season 1 - ?? (Started: february 2024) Nadine O'Malley always wanted to be a surgeon, she di...
492K 15.4K 90
❝she lives in daydreams with me, she's the first one that i see and i don't know why, i don't know who she is.❞ ↳...
943K 21K 148
Born in Philly, raised in New York, and now packing up her Bostonian life for the Emerald City. Freshly graduated from her fellowship at Harvard Medi...
657K 11.6K 49
"i'll do anything when it comes to my family." "and this hospital. "these people. "they are my family." follow the ups and downs...