Supernova (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

A group of notorious villains plan to use the quirks of 6 hostages to open a portal to another world so they... More

1: Where The Rabbit Hole Leads
2: Waking Nightmare
3: Identify Yourself
4: What We Do Around Here
5: Welcome To The Party
6: There's A First For Everything Pt. 1
7: There's A First For Everything Pt. 2
8: School Can Be Rough
9: What I Didn't Tell You
10: I'm Not Talking Pt. 1
11: I'm Not Talking Pt. 2
12: Dream A Little Dream Of Me
13: I Can Handle It
14: Closer Yet Further Apart
15: Brains VS Brawn
16: Seeing Is Believing
17: Camp Isn't Like The American Movies At All
18: Shake Off The Dust
19: I Can Take Them
20: The Thing About Him Is...
21: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 1
22: Symbol Of Peace Pt. 2
23: Battle Scars
24: Nothing Other Than What You Are
25: Mending Thread
26: Training Wheels Pt. 1
27: Training Wheels Pt. 2
28: And Suddenly Everything Changed
29: Brave New World
30: Snap Back To It
31: Good Game
32: (Cute) Mistakes Were Made
33: You Know Nothing
34: What You Need To Hear
35: Logic Is Often Faulty
36: And So It Begins
37: Resolute Pt. 1
38: Resolute Pt. 2
39: Is Prophecy A Gift?
40: I'll Be Her Hero
41: The Meaning Of The Word
42: The Start Of Something New
43: Take A Good Look
44: Festive Charm Pt. 1
45: Festive Charm Pt. 2
46: Surprise!
47: Army Of Darkness
48: This Is Only The Beginning
49: This Is (Not) A Drill
50: Expect It Pt. 1
51: Expect It Pt. 2
52: Stratagize
54: The Fire And The Flames
55: Keep Up
56: In My Blood
57: Make Yourself Known
58: In The Know
59: Rocky
60: Take Up Arms
61: Awakening
62: I Love You
63: Conquered, We Conquer
Finale
Epilogue

53: Festive Cheer

5.3K 352 91
By silverowlbells

"Ahh! Watch out!" Sato said. Hagakure didn't watch out and ended up with a bag of powdered sugar all over her.

"Aw geez. I just showered!" She said.

"Wow, we can see all of you now." Mina laughed. Hagakure threw some of the sugar on her.

"Wait-" Sanyu said suddenly. The bustle of the kitchen stopped for a second. "Hagakure, how can you see? You don't reflect any light through your eyes. You can't bounce light back, so how do you see?".

Silence fell over the kitchen as everyone realized 'yeah, that is weird'. The sugar covered girl just shrugged.

"Your guess is as good as mine." She said honestly, "I've never questioned it before.".

Sanyu nodded to himself, accepting the answer and the kitchen sprung back to life. "You're really curious about quirks these days." Hagakure said with a smile. Sanyu could see her smile now because of the sugar all over her, he'd never seen it before.

"Yeah I guess so." Sanyu replied, "You should get cleaned off before Bunny starts licking you.". Solid advice, in his opinion, because the dog noticed Hagakure immediately.

He was probably curious about quirks because he had no idea how to help Midoriya with all the changes he was going through and he wanted to learn how to. But that wasn't something to worry about now, so he went back to his job-icing cookies.

He was going to make the next one a bear.

Christmas was in full swing at the 1-A Alliance. There was a decorating team, a kitchen team and a games team. Sanyu had been put on the kitchen team for his attention to timing (something his classmates apparently lacked-case in point Tokoyami burning the cinnamon berry muffins an hour prior). They had planned a holiday party for 6pm and they had to be ready.

Christmas had never been a massive deal to Sanyu. People didn't tend to kick up a fuss this time of year, so he was usually on a lazy mission or back in training. He had seen a Christmas market in Germany before though. It was beautiful. So many sights and smells. He'd love to go back and see it again one day, maybe compare this world's to his own.

But this year he didn't want to fly anywhere or have some big classic Christmas. What he wanted was to have a fun Christmas party with his classmates and have Christmas cake. His parents never got one, no matter how nicely he asked as a kid. This time Sato was making one from scratch.

"I'm still tired out from media training." Ojiro lamented. Sanyu nodded in agreement. Mt. Lady and her press training...that had been something.

Turns out in this world people want to hear more from heroes than 'the situation has been cancelled' and 'that information is not available to the public'. Honestly he could probably say those phrases in more languages than most people could name. They were the only responses he was allowed to give.

So much had changed. It was crazy to see how many milestones were hitting at once. First his 16th birthday, then Christmas and soon New Years.

-------- ---------- ------------ ----------- ---------- ----------- ------------

"Merry Christmas!" The class called out in unison. Everything was finished-the place was decorated to the nines and the food was all finished. They had been given hideous-yet festive outfits. The decorating team had customized each of their santa hat pom poms. Sanyu's was a star, Mineta's was a purple ball, Izuku's was green, Uraraka's was a planet and so on.

Everyone settled on the couch to begin the party.

"So, I heard the work studies were back in action." Kirishima said with a grin, "I'm pumped but we've gotta be the busiest first years in U.A history!".

"Are you guys going back to join Ryukru?" Jiro asked, looking over at Asui and Uraraka. The latter smiled and nodded.

"We sure are!" She said with a smile.

"What about you Midoriya? Oyama? Are you two going back to the Nighteye agency?" Iida asked, his voice muffled by the giant beard.

"It's gotta be cool to work with that guy, right?" Kirishima added.

"I thought so too." Izuku said with a sheepish smile, "But it turns out they're swamped with work and don't have time for interns. Then I thought about going back to Grand Torino but he's retiring. And Sanyu wasn't here for the first round of internships in the first place. As far as we know the school's gonna have to place us.".

Kaminari's eyebrows shot up. "Wow. I totally forgot you weren't there for that! Or the sports festival. It feels like you've been here forever! In a good way-don't get me wrong!" He said.

"You going back to Jeanist Bakugou?" Kirishima asked. Mina took the opportunity of the blond being distracted to shove a santa hat on his head.

Bakugou got a complex expression as he seemed to genuinely think about it. "I haven't decided yet." He gritted out.

Oh, that's right. Jeanist was off duty and hadn't really been seen in a while. He was pretty injured after Kamino, Sanyu supposed. He thought the man deserved a break.

"You had a ton of people scouting you after the sports fest! You could go anywhere you want!" Kirishima said.

"I'm not gonna learn from some two bit nobody!" Bakugou shouted back. Mina tried to shove the red coat on too but Bakugou spun around and glared at each other. "You touch me you die!".

"Come on man," Mina whined, "It's Christmas! Get into the spirit!".

"Fuck your Christmas spirit!".

Mineta banged his hands on the table. "Stop with all the school talk! We're supposed to be having a party.".

"I hate to say this but Mineta's right." Mina said sheepishly. The rest of the class hesitantly agreed and changed the topic of conversation for the next few minutes.

"Are we late?" A voice asked. The door opened and Bunny dashed for it. Aizawa and Eri stepped out. The girl was wearing an adorable little santa costume.

"I'm supposed to say...trick or treat?" She asked, looking up at Aizawa for confirmation.

"Not quite. That's Oyama's birthday, Halloween. Not Christmas." He corrected. Eri nodded.

"Eri Claus!" The class cheered. "In sickness and in health!" The girl repeated passionately, throwing what looked like flower petals all over the floor.

"Now you're even further away." Aizawa said with a fond sigh.

"Is Togata coming? That guy's a riot!" Kirishima asked. Sanyu perked up at the name and blushed when he noticed Izuku watched him do it.

"He'll be celebrating with his own class. Now go on, have some fun." Aizawa said, smiling at Eri the whole time. Eri nodded furiously and walked over to Sanyu, taking his hand without prompting. Sanyu flashed her a smile.

"Do you want to try some of the cookies we made?" He offered. "Yes!" Eri replied happily.

They did a secret santa style gift exchange. Sanyu had gotten Jiro the sheet music for a few popular songs from his world that didn't exist here (thanks to Tao's parents making him take music lessons as a child). Of course she absolutely loved it.

In return he got a new bright red harness for Captain and a matching collar and leash for Bunny from Koda. He made sure to thoroughly thank his friend for the gifts and put Bunny in her new collar immediately. She seemed to love it, according to Koda, although he always said she was hard to understand.

Sanyu thought it was because she only really spoke Russian, but he didn't really know how talking to animals worked.

He also got Eri a bright red polaroid camera. It was a struggle-they weren't nearly as common in this world as they were in his-but he found one in just the right colour. Eri immediately made him and Izuku stand next to Aizawa so she could take their picture before the entirety of 1-A invaded the frame.

Sanyu would 100% be asking to see that one.

He did have other business to attend to though so when the party wound down and Eri headed back to the teacher's dorms he snuck away.

-------- ---------- --------- ---------- ---------- ----------- -------

"Sanyu?" The blond asked, shocked.

In retrospect maybe flying onto his balcony and knocking on his glass door wasn't the way to go about this-but Sanyu wasn't exactly known for being talented in the social department.

"Come in-it's cold out there. You're gonna catch something." Mirio said, stepping aside. Sanyu slipped into the room, leaving his boots outside in the snow.

"I wanted to give you your gift." The boy explained. Mirio smiled.

"Hold on one sec." He said before opening his closet. He pulled out a tiny bright red box and Sanyu realized abruptly Mirio had gotten him something too. The thought made his cheeks tinge pink. "Open yours first!" The older teen said, a bright look in his big blue eyes.

Sanyu nodded and accepted the red box, handing Mirio the candy cane striped gift bag the older boy's gift was in. He slowly peeled away at the paper, not willing to rip something too pretty.

Inside was a tiny little box that Sanyu opened. His breath hitched at the content.

"Do you like 'em?" Mirio asked, sounding a little anxious, "I noticed your ears were pierced, but you never changed your piercings. So I got you some. I don't know if you like the design or if they're too frilly or something..." he trailed off.

Truly, even a month ago Sanyu might be embarrassed and think they were too feminine, but right now he just thought they were pretty. And although the flowers were ornamental and the fruit came from separate trees entirely, Sanyu said "Cherries are my favorite actually. Cherry blossoms too.".

He smiled down at the delicate little pink cherry blossom earrings. "I love them." Sanyu said honestly, "Thank you.".

Never before in Mirio's life had he wanted to kiss someone so much. Here, in the warm quietness of his dorm room he just wanted to kiss that blinding smile off Sanyu's face.

But with Sanyu he was always worried about being too spontaneous. He wanted to avoid triggering the younger's PTSD in any way. Kissing him without warning might do that, as fucked up as the implications of that were.

So he didn't. Instead he tried to avoid what he thought was an equally heated gaze from Sanyu and opened the bag. "Wha-" He said, astonished.

"'Hero's capes are for bundling up scared little girls', right?" Sanyu quoted. "I helped the support course students finish off the new cape. It's got the bare minimum of your hair in it, but it still passes through walls just fine.".

Mirio tested it with the wall and beamed when it did indeed pass though. "This is perfect sunshine. Thank you so much!" He said, the happiness audible in his voice. Sanyu's smile widened to the point where he was worried his face would be sore by the end of the night. "Can I hug you?".

Sanyu nodded eagerly and even made the first move. Soon enough the two were pressed together, locking in a warm hug. Sanyu loved hugs, but found he especially liked Mirio's. Their height difference was barely existent and they found themselves completely face to face.

The air was electric. It could have been minutes that passed, it could have been hours. Neither teen seemed to care or notice anyways.

"I don't want to hurt you." Mirio murmured suddenly. Sanyu looked up at the older man with half lidded eyes.

"I've kissed people before, you know." He said softly. He really had. Once. But still it had happened.

"I know but-I'm worried. If I made you cry I think I'd never be able to face myself. So you've gotta be 100% sure, sunshine." The older whispered. There was no need for them both to be speaking as quietly as they were, but they did anyway.

"We'll stop if I get uncomfortable." Sanyu whispered in return. "I promise to tell you if anything isn't-" God words were hard. Mirio seemed to get it though. He gave Sanyu an expression that could only be described as love sick.

His hands moved down from Sanyu's torso and settled on his waist, pulling him impossibly closer. The younger's heart hammered in his chest with excitement, nerves and everything in between.

Miro saw the exact moment Sanyu decided to make the first move. His eyes flickered down to his lips-then his eyes, then Sanyu's own closed slowly, paint brush thick lashes closing over steel grey.

And just like that their lips slotted together.

And Sanyu finally understood why someone wouldn't want to die without knowing what this felt like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter's like half an hour late but I think you guys can all understand why 😉

I wanted to really nail this scene. I was worried it was too soon but there's nearly 10,000 words between the pair of them realizing their feelings and now 😅. I left it quite a while! 

But then again something fast moving doesn't suit these two at all. 

Got to say-writing a Christmas chapter in April was not something I planned on doing-but I think it went okay. Hopefully I got a bit of that good ole Christmas magic in there 😂

Part of the reason the start of the real romance between Sanyu and Mirio is here is because of the time skip. The joint training arc is late November to early December-ish time. But then it goes straight to Christmas time 😅. That's a really long time! Especially to pine after someone who likes you too. 

I feel kinda bad because this is so cute and so sweet and exactly what Sanyu needs but bnha doesn't continue on like this and unfortunately I have to follow the plot 😔

But on the bright side there's more family holiday content in the next chapter! 

Stay Tuned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 278 21
¦ Villain Ochako Uraraka / Uravity AU ¦ ◦ A young brunette girl dreamed of becoming a hero. That was until her parents got in a horrible accident and...
28K 974 21
Izuku had always been a little... well... more than that, obsessed with killing things. He would spend his free time looking for small animals or bug...
95.2K 3.4K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...
120K 1.3K 73
{COMPLETED: 4/1/21} characters that I want in this (haven't decided yet) will basically sit and read different versions of bnha where Deku is still t...