𝗱𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 - 𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 �...

Oleh -maneater-

ᴀᴅᴀʟɪɴᴇ ᴋɪɴɢꜱᴛᴏɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴛ ɢɪʀʟ. ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜱʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ. ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴛ ꜱᴇᴇᴍᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ... Lebih Banyak

0☽
1☽
2☽
3☽
4☽
5☽
6☽
7☽
8☽
9☽
10☽
11☽
12☽
13☽
14☽
15☽
16☽
17☽
18☽
19☽
20☽
21☽
22☽
23☽
24☽
25☽
26☽
27☽
28☽
29☽
30☽
31☽
32☽
33☽
34☽
35☽
36☽
37☽
38☽
39☽
40☽
42☽
43☽
44☽
45☽
46☽
47☽
48☽
49☽
50☽
51☽
52☽
53☽
54☽
55 ☽
56☽
57☽
58☽
59☽
60☽

41☽

11.1K 268 38
Oleh -maneater-

⋆ Chapter 41 ⋆
I Can't Do This

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

                            "Nate!" A voice shouted gaining the boy's attention. A wide smile stretched onto Nate's face when he realized it was Adaline who said his name. "How are you? I've been worried all night."

Nate reached forward grabbing onto her hand. He pulled her close enough to his bed so that he could kiss her. Their lips met in a sweet kiss though it quickly turned needy.

"Nathaniel." Cal awkwardly spoke from the door startling the two teens. Adaline sighed moving away from Nate. She just wanted a couple of minutes alone with him. "It's time to go."

"I brought you some clothes to change into." Adaline smiled holding up Nate's gym bag.

"Thanks Ads."

"I'll be waiting out here." Cal nodded walking out into the hall.

Adaline watched as Nate shakily got up from the bed. It hurt her to see him struggling to just stand. She knew Nate hated being weak. It was probably killing him knowing that she had to see him like this.

"Do you want me to help you change?" The brunette questioned hopefully.

Nate sighed looking up at the girl he loved. He didn't want her to have to do everything for him. Nate hated relying on others but he knew he needed help. He also knew Adaline wouldn't judge him. That's why he nodded accepting her assistance.

It took Nate about 10 minutes to get dressed with the help of Adaline. When the girl went to get Cal she found him standing at the nurse's station. It was obvious he was flirting with the blonde nurse standing beside him.

Adaline let out a fake cough hoping to gain the older man's attention. It was extremely awkward when Cal finally noticed the brunette standing a couple feet away from him. "Um Nate's ready." She stuttered out.

"Right." Cal nodded turning towards the nurse. "Thank you so much for helping my son. It really means a lot." He then grabbed the wheelchair that was beside the nurse's station.

"I don't need that." Nate scoffed when he saw what his father was pushing.

"Don't argue." Cal rolled his eyes. "Just get in the chair Nate. The quicker you cooperate the quicker we can get out of here."

"Whatever." Nate mumbled rolling his eyes. He let Adaline help him walk over to the wheel chair.

Nate tried not to think about how embarrassed he was as Cal pushed him down the hallway. Adaline silently followed behind the pair. She was praying that her and Nate would finally be able to have some alone time when they got home.

"I have a hard time believing you don't know who did this to you." Cal suddenly spoke looking at Nate before glancing at Adaline in the backseat. "It's also odd that Addie didn't see anything. I'm sure you must have seen something that could help us identify the person."

"Dad, just leave it alone." Nate said clenching his jaw.

"Well, I'm not going to."

"Yeah, well, you should." Adaline mumbled to herself. She didn't like the fact that Cal was asking questions. She knew he wanted to press charges. Adaline didn't want Fezco to get in any trouble. Which is why she chose to stay quiet when Cal was questioning her last night.

Arriving at home Nate immediately retreated to his bedroom. Adaline of course followed him. The two silently laid in the boys bed holding each other. Unknown to them they were both thinking about the same person.

While Nate was thinking about all of the possible ways to explain to Cassie that he wasn't interested. Adaline was thinking about how weird her blonde friend had been acting.

It all started at the party. When Cassie finally arrived she was super jumpy and wouldn't look Adaline in the eye. And then when the whole fight happened she was super upset. Looking back Adaline thought it was odd at how upset Cassie was. It was almost like she was more upset than Adaline.

Then of course there were the car and hospital incidents. Adaline couldn't understand why Cassie had to go to the hospital with them. She understood Maddy and McKay but there was no reason for Cassie to go with them. There was especially no reason for her to squeeze in the back seat.

When the nurse assumed that Cassie was Nate's girlfriend it made Adaline's blood boil. It almost set the brunette girl off. If Maddy wasn't there she was sure she would have went off on both the nurse and Cassie. Adaline didn't know why it bothered her so much but it did.

Her confusion was also being fueled by the fact that Cassie had messaged her a total of 35 times since last night. She continuously spammed Adaline's phone trying to see if Nate was okay. All of this just further confused the brunette. Why was Cassie so worried about a someone she barely talked to?

Most of her friends had texted to see how she was doing since the party. They were worried about Adaline and the baby. Sure they asked about Nate but it wasn't solely about him. Cassie's texts focused on Nate and only him. It was like she was obsessed with him.

"What are you thinking about?" Nate questioned pushing a piece of hair behind the girl's ear.

Adaline sighed shifting slightly in Nate's bed so that she could look at him better. "I don't know it's just ever since last night Cassie has been acting weird."

"I'm sure it's nothing baby." Nate smiled softly kissing her forehead. "She's probably just upset about seeing McKay. I think that's the first time they've seen each other since they broke up."

"Maybe."

Now obviously Nate felt horrible lying to her. But what was he supposed to do? He wasn't ready to tell her the truth yet. Nate just wanted to enjoy his time with her before everything went to shit.

The Jacobs boy held Adaline close to him as she slept. He watched her slow breathing and her peaceful face. Nate wished he could be as peaceful as her. Instead he was wide awake scrolling through the millions of messages and voicemails that Cassie had left him.

Nate almost wished he was back in the hospital. At least then he didn't have to worry about the emotional blonde that could potentially ruin his relationship. He sighed as Cassie began calling him again. As much as Nate didn't want to answer he needed to tell her to stop calling him.

"Oh my god Nate!" The blonde shouted through the phone. Cassie couldn't believe he was finally answering her. "Are you okay? Are you home? I was so worried about you. Do you-"

She didn't get to finish her sentence before Nate was cutting her off. "You need to stop calling and texting me."

"What why?" She questioned confused. "Nate, I've been so upset all day. I just wanted to talk to you."

"You can't blow up my phone while I'm with Adaline."

"You're with Adaline?" The blonde questioned on the verge of tears.

"Of course I'm with Adaline! She's my fucking girlfriend!"

"Nate, I'm legit going crazy right now. I feel so bad. I can't do this."

At that point she began hyperventilating. Nate had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do. He wanted to just hang up on her but he figured that she would probably just call and text him even more if he did.

"Just take a deep breath."

"What are we going to do? Adaline and Maddy are me best friends. We need to talk about this." The Howard girl cried into her phone.

Nate sighed looking back over at the brunette who was sleeping next to him. "I promise we can meet in person next weekend."

Was he going to regret saying that? Probably. But that was the only way he was able to calm her down enough to get her to stop crying. Then Nate said something that totally freaked Cassie out. "If Adaline and Maddy find out, they're going to spend the rest of their lives trying to kill me."

"I know." The blonde sighed. She wasn't expecting the next words that left Nate's mouth to scare her as much as they did.

"But they'll actually kill you."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

37.8K 813 29
Winter Brooklyn and Justin Foley are best friends since kindergarten, well they were. One day, both of their thoughts changed their relationship, the...
584K 11.2K 85
After being offered the scholarship of a lifetime, Catalina Faye starts her journey at Las Flores Private School where she soon realizes that everyon...
36.3K 473 14
『"𝑾𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂...
355K 6.6K 30
In which a girl in an abusive relationship escapes her comfort and meets a certain drug dealer. An absolute honor for me to have been able to write a...