Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
2 | Quirkless No More
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
13 | Welcome To UA
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
18 | Its Time
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
26 | Threat
27 | Mistakes
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

15 | Possibility

2.1K 94 15
By vintage_gigi

\\ Rini //
\\ At UA //

.

.

.

After I explained to Setsuna and Riku what our homeroom teacher made us do instead of going to orientation, they expressed how unfair and ridiculous it was in comparison to their homeroom teacher Mr. Vlad King who let them attend orientation. They said they got properly introduced to their classmates and got situated with the school grounds and everything.

Hitoshi and I told them that's nice they managed to have a normal first day, but in all honesty we were jealous. They got acquainted with their classmates while we had to compete with ours.

I still wanted to share a couple words with our mentor for being a jerk.

My explanation lasted until we reached the lobby area that would lead us outside, but the moment we stepped outside, an announcement came over the speakers.

"Can Rini Otani please come to the Principal's office."

The announcement repeated twice and our group of four stopped in the doorway. Hitoshi sent me a questioning look and I gave a tiny shrug to say I wasn't expecting this. He furrowed his brows and was ready to say something when the others spoke up.

"Woah your getting called to the Principal's office on the first day? What did you do?" Setsuna laughed and pretended to be shocked, but it was clear she was joking.

"This is like middle school all over again. Did you beat someone during that quirk assessment test and failed to mention that?" Riku laughed while swiping a fake tear.

"Ha ha very funny. I did nothing wrong if you must know. . . It's probably just my aunt playing a prank. I guess I'll have to catch up with you all later," I waved them off.

In reality I suspected this was all Nezu's doing.

"Alright, tell us all about it later Miss I'm-not-in-trouble!" Setsuna jabbed me with her elbow and winked before walking away.

"Yeah, catch you later Rini," Riku smiled and walked off with Setsuna.

They made it a couple steps before turning back to look at Hitoshi who was silent the whole time and was still standing by my side.

"You coming?" Setsuna questioned.

"Oh, I normally get a ride with her so I'm going to stay," he truthfully answered.

"Oh right, you guys live on the same street. Alright then we'll see you around!" She smiled and waved before walking away with Riku again.

We returned the gesture and went back inside. Since we were alone, Hitoshi spoke up as we started making our way up to Nezu's office.

"So what do you think this will be about? Do you think Mr. Aizawa told him you flunked on purpose to annoy him?"

I looked down at the ground and pondered as I walked.

If Nezu called me, it wouldn't be for something so insignificant like Mr. Aizawa's complaints for my behavior. I knew the chimera practically all my life and he wouldn't do that, nor would Mr. Aizawa bother, so it must be about my quirk. Then I remembered something he said to me during one of my yearly visits when I was ten, to let him know if my vision came true in exact detail when I got to UA.

"I doubt he's calling me for Mr. Aizawa's test. . . He's probably calling me to ask about my first vision and if it measured up," I supplied in a whisper after we crossed some students.

Hitoshi hummed in reply.

When we finally arrived at his office, Hitoshi stood behind me as I knocked and opened the door.

"Principal Nezu? You called for me?" I began while my eyes were focused on the ground.

The moment I looked up, I smiled in surprise. Nezu sat behind his desk as usual, but standing in the room were my aunt and Sir Nighteye. Even though I've seen them dozens of times, it felt honestly better to see them without already knowing I would because of my future vision. And at the thought, I recalled the chat Hitoshi and I shared prior to getting here:

"Its like a surprise. You don't really know what your going to get, so you hope for the best. Sometimes it's scary but most of the time it's nothing you can't handle, you just make do with what you got."

This was genuinely a nice surprise and I entered without hesitation with Hitoshi right behind me.

"Oh, hi everyone. Sir Nighteye, I wasn't expecting to see you here today!" I beamed while approaching him for one of our handshakes.

"Really? You didn't look ahead?" He asked in an amused tone while kneeling and holding his hand out.

I took it and gave a firm handshake, causing him to immediately look down at the ground in defeat.

"Ten years later and you still amaze me," he gave a lighthearted laugh before returning to his full height.

I smiled up at him and was about to reply before my aunt pulled me to her chest and buried me in a hug.

"Hi Hitoshi and hello my sweet honey bunny, how was your guy's first day! Did you make any new friends?" She asked with excitement.

"Actually, Mr. Aizawa made us do a quirk assessment test and threatened whoever came last would be expelled," Hitoshi answered for me in a tired tone.

The adults all sighed.

"I had a feeling he'd do something like that," Nezu stated while making his way over to us.

"Ugh, I'm going to have a talk with him. He should've let the kids introduce themselves and get to know each other," my aunt released me from the hug and pinched the bridge of her nose.

After an awkward thirty second pause, I glanced around the room while fiddling with my hair and spoke up.

"So. . . What's this about?" I asked, and the adults gave me amused looks since I was always the one ten steps ahead.

"Well, remember when I asked if you could let me know what happened the day your vision came to an end," Nezu said while gesturing to the couches.

Everyone took their seats and got comfortable. Since Hitoshi wasn't technically invited but nobody said he had to leave, he sat down next to me and silently listened to our discussion.

"Yeah. In all honesty I forgot so thanks for the announcement," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"No worries! For all the hard work you do it's only human to forget over time," he replied.

"So. . . What exactly happened in your vision and did it happen just as you saw?" Sir Nighteye quickly got the discussion rolling.

"Yes, it happened just like I saw it. I entered class, sat down in my seat towards the back, Hitoshi sat in front of me, then our classmates acted the exact same way they did in the moment. Our classmate Iida started arguing with Bakugo, then a few seconds later Midoriya entered but Iida stopped him at the door for introductions. Then Uraraka appeared behind Midoriya and started talking about his powerful punch that destroyed the zero point villain during the entrance exam-"

"Midoriya?" Sir Nighteye asked in almost a whisper.

"Um, yeah, he's the one with the green hair I mentioned all those years ago," I clarified with a smile thinking he was confused.

He hummed in understanding and gestured for me to continue. I overlooked his interruption but in a few minutes I would know the reason behind it.

"Right, so after that Mr. Aizawa appeared on the floor in his sleeping bag and scared them. He started telling us that time was precious and while he got off the floor Hitoshi turned around and said the exact same thing he said in my vision. . . And that's where it ended."

"That's truly remarkable," Nezu said in his sing song voice.

I gave a nod and meek smile.

"So I guess that means from this point in time you don't know the future unless you travel that far of a distance again," Sir Nighteye said while clasping his hands in deep thought.

"Yes. . . And to be honest, I don't want to travel that far ever again," I answered quietly, causing the adults to give me sad looks.

"Why so?" My aunt asked tenderly for the group.

"Because. . . It felt like I was dictating my own life. Like I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted so long as I didn't mess up the key moments, but still it was annoying to know everything before everyone," I replied while looking down at my hands.

When nobody said anything right away, I quickly added to my answer.

"That sounded kind of selfish, sorry, I mean, I helped save a lot of people in that time and I'm glad I did and you all supported my decision but. . . But. . ."

"But it leaves you feeling empty since you are the only one who knows these events will happen," Sir Nighteye gently finished my thoughts.

"Yeah, exactly," I mumbled.

"I too struggle with that feeling. . . It's a burden we carry as perception quirk users unfortunately," he revealed with a sad smile.

I gave a small nod and allowed the silence to express our shared understanding. Our quirks truly were a blessing and a curse.

"But don't worry. Now that you are training to be a Hero here at UA, you will learn to balance it," he quickly added in a pleasant tone.

"You'll also have me. . . And our classmates," Hitoshi bud in with a smile and rested a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks," I hummed.

"Well, now that we know you have reached the end of your first vision and you confirmed everything played out the way it did, you are free to go!" Nezu cheered after the moment.

.

.

.

\\ 3rd Person POV //

.

.

.

After the chimera genius said they could leave, the two teenagers respectfully got up and bowed then headed for the door. Midnight followed and offered to take them home. She took the lead with Hitoshi behind her and Rini last.

But before Rini could step out the door and follow, Sir Nighteye quietly called out to her. The teen stopped in the doorway and turned to acknowledge him as he approached, noting how Nezu waved and went back to his desk.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Earlier you mentioned a boy named Midoriya. I've been meaning to tell you this, but I've seen him in one of my visions and he is quite a handful because of his quirk. . ." He half lied to the other perception quirk user.

"Midoriya being a handful? I can see that. I mean today he broke his finger throwing a ball over 700 meters sooo. . ." She revealed with a light laugh.

Sir Nighteye felt his brows raise.

"Really? If my vision of him in the future is true, then he is just as reckless now as he is when I meet him. . . I hate to ask, but could you keep an eye on him for me?"

Unbeknownst to Rini, he wants her to watch him because he knows he will eventually run in to All Might sooner or later. His chances of seeing him were higher because of Rini and her ability to basically change reality. Now that All Might would be teaching at UA, he had a feeling they'd cross paths after one of his meetings with his perceptive pink haired protege.

And because of that fact, he wanted to know why All Might, his once close friend Toshinori Yagi, chose him as One For All's successor over Mirio.

"Oh, sure. I already had intentions to observe him. . . I don't think it's my place to assume, but one of our other classmates named Bakugo knows him and, well, he looks like he bullies him. He yelled at him and called him "Deku" along with a few other things. I wanted to befriend him and see if I could help in any way," she easily accepted his request then silently revealed.

She also left out the major fact that Bakugo called him quirkless. Something Sir Nighteye knew but she did not.

The two perception quirk users were practically lying to each others faces.

After her explanation, Sir Nighteye hid his curiosity behind his usual mask and Rini didn't catch it. He fixed his glasses by pushing them up the bridge of his nose and hummed.

"That does sound rather concerning. And I trust that you will do the right thing," he ended the discussion with that and a pat on the girls shoulder.

Rini gave a curt nod and respectfully said her goodbyes before finally leaving the office and closing the door behind her. She caught up with her aunt and Hitoshi who were on the other end of the long hallway but didn't mention why Sir Nighteye held her up.

When the pink haired girl left, Sir Nighteye made his way towards Nezu's desk.

Prior to meeting with the teen, he, Nezu, and her aunt discussed the possibility and potential of her quirk evolving. Midnight didn't understand what the two were getting at until they explained their concerns and theory they kept secret since the very first meeting they had back when Rini was six.

That she may have the ability to time travel.

Midnight understood and Nezu asked if she could observe her niece for any signs of this in the future while she's at UA and outside of UA. She accepted the small mission easily for the sake of her niece, then the discussion continued regarding Rini's first ten-year vision coming to an end. They assumed that when she reached the end of her vision she may unlock that ability to time travel. But after having the meeting, it was clear their expectations did not come true.

So they thought.

"Our assumptions did not come true," Sir Nighteye addressed Nezu after he stopped in front of his desk.

"It appears that way. But I still believe she has the potential. It's only a matter of time and circumstances," Nezu replied with his eyes closed and hands clasped.

Sir Nighteye sighed and looked down, causing the chimera to look at him.

"I know you did not say this once since that day between him and All Might, but you are hoping she does unlock this ability so she can travel back and warn you of their battle and his injury. Aren't you?"

Sir Nighteye whipped his attention onto the chimera so fast he thought he'd give himself whiplash.

"I still don't understand why she didn't see that battle! It doesn't make sense! I know she was on her month off at that time but she should have seen or heard something about that battle from her first vision, right? Why didn't she? Why didn't she warn us? Now he can't keep his muscle form on for more than three hours, and it keeps decreasing with every passing day. . . I just don't understand. . . Why didn't she it? Why didn't I see it?" Sir Nighteye started out in a loud voice but slowly lowered it to almost a whisper.

Nezu offered him a sad look.

"I don't know why she didn't see anything, or why you didn't, but you shouldn't hold onto that unfortunate mistake. It already happened-"

"But if she can time travel, she can change that," he cut the chimera off with an indecipherable look in his yellow eyes.

Nezu paused and observed the Pro Hero in front of him. He noted how guilt ridden he appeared to be but within his eyes he held a different motive.

"Mirai," the genius chimera began in a neutral tone, but even with that tone he spoke volumes.

Sir Nighteye shifted his stance when he called him by his real name.

"Please do not consider putting the burden of fixing the past on young Rini's shoulders. . . Whether she possesses this ability or not, we shouldn't contemplate on meddling with the past. And if she does possess this ability, we may have no choice but to come clean and tell the HPSC. Such a powerful quirk will have to be stringently monitored despite her good nature. . . As we both know, potential in a person can be for either good or bad. And as much as I trust young Rini, she is still human."

After the chimera voiced his thoughts, Sir Nighteye sighed and looked down at the ground. He was right. What happened between All For One and Toshinori five years ago shouldn't be meddled with even if Rini possesses the ability to time travel. Who knows what could happen if they tried.

With that thought, Sir Nighteye closed his eyes in frustration. He wished back then he looked ahead and could stop that battle from ever happening the way Rini could have. His power had limits. Her power didn't. And he had to suppress the tiny feeling of jealousy of his protege in his heart everyday since that battle.

"Alright. . . I won't contemplate it anymore," he quietly stated, and Nezu gave a nod. "But regarding the possibility of her quirk evolving, is it a good idea to tell the HPSC? I don't know Hawks personally, but they seem to have him strictly under their thumb. I wouldn't want Rini to undergo that same treatment," he added in a more concerned tone.

"Hm, I have noticed their treatment with Hawks. . . It seems I may have to look further into them," Nezu hummed in deep thought.

Sir Nighteye gave a nod.

Unbeknownst to either of them, not telling the HPSC was the best option from the start.

"For now, unless young Rini's quirk evolves, we continue with our current arrangement," Nezu ended the discussion with that.

If only they knew the events that would take place.

.

.

.

\\ The Next Day //

.

.

.

When Midnight dropped her niece and her best friend home, the two immediately started studying the syllabus Aizawa told them to study. Afterwards, Rini texted Setsuna and Riku in their new group chat titled "Heroes In Training" that she was fine and she was in fact NOT in trouble. It took some convincing and a lot of hilarious texts but they believed her in the end.

Later that evening when Rini's parents came home from work, they greeted their daughter and her best friend with hugs and smiles. They congratulated them again on their achievement of getting into UA and for surviving their first day with Aizawa after the two expressed their annoyance about the tired man's silly quirk assessment test. When dusk arrived, Rini said good night to her best friend and he went home.

Everything was perfect.

The next morning they did it all over again. Got ready for school, said goodbye to their parents, caught the bus, and made it to class on time. They didn't get the chance to speak to any of their classmates when Aizawa showed up and went over the syllabus.

For the morning, they had regular core classes like English. Rini for once in her life didn't have the foresight to know what they were doing so she enjoyed the freedom of not knowing. She was brave enough to raise her hand and answer one correctly along with Momo.

When lunch time rolled around, her and Hitoshi decided to meet up and sit with Setsuna and Riku. The group of four briefly talked about Rini being called to the Principal's office like old times despite texting each other the day before. Rini quickly changed the subject about how their classes were treating them and they said it was alright.

The pink haired teen also made note of how Midoriya stuck close with Iida and Ochaco, so she felt better knowing he was hanging out with them. Even though she didn't know him, she felt like she knew enough to piece the rest together. He needed good friends like them.

By the time lunch was over, the group parted ways and made it back to their homeroom for Hero Basic Training class. The pair and the other twenty students waited patiently for their teacher to arrive, unaware of who would teach the class. . .

"I AM HERE! COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A HERO!"

All eyes suddenly landed on the exciting sight of the number one Hero himself entering the room. Rini, having been a bigger fan of All Might than Hitoshi, gasped in pleasant surprise and was thankful her future vision didn't spoil the moment. She smiled and tapped Hitoshi in front of her excitedly, and he half turned in his seat to calm down his best friend with a tired smile.

Rini didn't notice, but a certain duel colored hair boy glanced at her curiously.

"I can't believe it's really All Might!" Denki gasped.

"So he is a teacher! This year is gonna be totally awesome!" Kirishima happily stated.

"Hey look! Is he wearing his Silver Age costume?" Tsu pointed out.

"I'm getting goosebumps. It's so retro!" Ojiro said.

The others in the class also gasped in surprised awe of the towering man now marching to the podium. When the smiling Hero made it to the podium, everyone quieted down and listened to what he had to say.

"Welcome to the most important class at UA high! Think of it as Heroing 101. Here, you will learn the basics of being a pro. And what it means to fight in the name of good! Let's get into it! Today's lesson will pull no punches!" He exclaimed while holding up a card with the word "BATTLE" on it.

"Fight training!" Bakugo said a little too enthusiastically.

"Real combat?" Midoriya questioned right behind him.

Rini overheard her classmates on the other side of the room and got a bad feeling in her stomach. She recalled how Bakugo treated Midoriya twenty four hours ago and knew just by looking at him that he was planning on hurting the green haired boy. She made a mental note to help him out in anyway if she got the chance.

"But one of the keys about being a Hero is looking good!" All Might then pressed a button and the side of the wall slowly popped out.

The students watched as fancy looking cases labeled with numbers appeared.

"These were designed for you based on your Quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started. Get yourselves suited up and meet me at training Ground Beta!" All Might finished, and the students shouted a "yes sir!"

Rini and Hitoshi grabbed their cases with smiles on their faces. When they got their UA acceptance letters they also got the costume design sheet so they could describe or draw what they wanted their costumes to look like. They also gave specifications of their measurements and quirks.

Since Rini changed her Quirk Registration form to "Anticipation" under the guidance of her parents and mentors years ago, that's what she put down. She drew her own design, and helped Hitoshi with his, and it resulted in a black and white body suit with a belt, boots, gloves, and watches on both wrists.

Hitoshi's suit wasn't that far off from Mr. Aizawa's. He asked Rini to draw it tactical and she happily did just that. When he pulled his Hero costume from the case, it resulted in an all black tactical get up. He also had a mask as a special support item that could copy people's voices so he could brainwash them easier. And to everyone's surprise, he had a replica of their tired teachers capture weapon.

Only Rini knew how and why he had the item. During their time training with their mentors, the purple haired boy didn't just learn how to fight hand to hand. Mr. Aizawa lived up to his promise of teaching him how he used his specialty weapon.

When everyone was suited up, they didn't waste any time to head to Ground Beta. The class of fledgling heroes were also so enamored by their own costumes that hardly anybody made a compliment to their peers.

As they entered Ground Beta, that's when the feeling set in. They were all closer to achieving their dreams. They were all closer to becoming Heroes.

"They say that clothes make the pros, young ladies and gentleman, and behold, you are the proof! Take this to heart, from now on you are all Heroes in training!"

Once everyone stepped through the tunnel and into the light, they could feel the excitement and pride bubble up in their hearts. They had all made it. And All Mights words were taken to heart; they were heroes in training.

"This is getting me all revved up. You all look so cool! Now shall we get started, you buncha newbies."

After the words left All Mights lips, Rini softly smiled to herself. She and Hitoshi made it to UA's hero course and now they were about to put their training to good use. She hoped the class itself would be relatively normal and nobody would get hurt too badly seeing as All Might said they would be doing combat.

But her wish would be rejected when two certain boys clash.

.

.

.

\\ 1st Authors Note! //

Hi! Thank you so much for reading this story! I truly smile whenever I get that notification that somebody voted or commented and hope your enjoying it as much as I am! Also I don't really do this because I'm not sure if it will be weird but wanted to give a shout out to ToddJason9075! It makes my day when I see your comments! \(^_^)/

Now back to the book! From this point on I will be condensing the chapters a bit. What I mean is I'll basically combine two chapters into one to help speed things up but also to keep the chapter numbers down.

The reason I'm doing that is because I have so many chapters planned and I don't necessarily want 30 chapters when I haven't made it to the timelines yet (which I've started writing and damnnn theres gonna be some angst). So I'm simply squishing them together so by the time I reach the timelines I can go more in depth with those.

Also from this point until the training camp episode I'll be summarizing the key moments from episodes. So the Sports Festival and Stain arc I'll basically try to shorten to one or two chapters at most and how Rini and Hitoshi get involved.

Ok so I think that's it! Happy reading and hope you peeps stay healthy during these times <3

- GiGi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 66 23
Sawamura Kimiko is joining UA's Class 1-A on a personal recommendation from a pro-hero. Her dark past and unusual quirk draw the attention of many, b...
814K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
37.2K 1.8K 37
Beneath the indifference plaguing Todoroki's personality lies the dark, unforgiving truth he conceals. When the abuse that he's suffered for years be...
83.1K 3.2K 31
COMPLETED Virtual. An underground pro-hero with a quirk similar to that of telepathy but can transmit a whole scenario into someone's mind. Through t...