Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
2 | Quirkless No More
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
15 | Possibility
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
18 | Its Time
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
26 | Threat
27 | Mistakes
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

13 | Welcome To UA

2.1K 101 24
By vintage_gigi

\\ Third Person POV //
\\ At Rini's Home //

.

.

.

After the exam was over, the pair met up with their middle school classmates. They all felt confident in their performances and hyped each other up. Eventually all the examinees regrouped at the auditorium to change back into their uniforms and leave. It was simple, they took the exam and all they could do now was wait for their acceptance letter or letter of rejection.

The group of four changed and as they were exiting along with the other hundred of examinees they heard gossip about a boy who took down the zero-pointer with a single punch.

Rini assumed it was Todoroki, but she recalled he used his ice and ruled him out. She was right to do so when they overhead more details that he looked plain and had green unruly hair. She felt her brows raise in mild surprise hearing Midoriya had such strength.

Since she didn't know anything about her classmates other than what her very first vision revealed, that they were simply present in Class 1A, it honestly came as a surprise. She would have never guessed the timid looking boy had a power quirk.

The pink haired teen filed that away for later.

When they made it off the school grounds the group said their goodbyes and split in two, heading in different directions. Hitoshi and Rini walked to the bus stop then made it home, creating light conversation about when their acceptance letters would arrive during their short journey.

Since their parents were at work and the day was strictly scheduled for the UA exams, they had the rest of the day off from school. They texted their parents and decided to chill out at Rini's home and watch TV while also scrolling through their phones. The inseparable pair watched the news for the first hour, Rini wanting to check out of habit, and then they changed the channel to an animated movie they already seen.

It was an old one about an evil king and his insatiable hunger for power. The protagonist had a hard time defeating him until teaming up with other valiant knights. They battled together and successfully defeated the king, however, one of the skilled knights had to sacrifice themself to give them an opening. It was rather dramatic and the pink haired teen always felt sad for the fallen knight.

When they got to that point in the movie, Hitoshi decided to start up a conversation. He was laying on his back across the length of the couch, phone in his face, when he nudged his best friend sitting in the corner section with his foot.

"So when will we get the letters?" He briefly looked at her and asked with a certain level of excitement in his tone.

"Um. . ." She trailed while closing her eyes and rubbing them.

She got the after images of her first vision reveal the moment. She saw her parents bring in the letter, hand it to her, and then she read the date addressed.

"Exactly two weeks from now," she finally answered with a smile.

Hitoshi hummed with a smile on his face at her reply. He felt extremely happy at the thought of getting accepted, more so reaching closer to his goal of becoming a Hero, but at the same time he felt sad. Deep down in his heart it kind of felt like he was cheating because of his best friends quirk and the fact she got them to this point.

With that thought lingering in his head, he rested his phone on his chest and stared at the ceiling for a second or two. He opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it again.

Being totally honest with himself, he always second guessed his words whenever it came to talking with his best friend. She could see the future after all, so whatever he planned to say, she saw coming. He thought this was one of those moments, so he kept testing the words in his head before he finally spoke.

"Um. . . Do you ever feel bad when you use your quirk?" He settled for this question. Why? He didn't know.

Rini recalled this conversation from her vision. She put her phone down too and shifted so she could look at him. He noticed and did the same, opting to sit up and cross his legs.

"Well. . . Yeah sometimes. . . Because it feels like I'm cheating and spoiling things for myself and others. It feels like since I know what's going to happen I can do anything I want with that information, and you know, change things however I see fit."

Another straightforward clear answer.

Hitoshi and everyone in Rini's life was used to it by now. The girl had her life plotted out and rehearsed in her head a decade in advance. They couldn't blame her, it was just one of the mild side effects of her quirk. But this time Hitoshi felt like she wanted to say more. He felt like she was genuine in her answer but there was more to it, so he pressed.

"Right. . . Do you ever hate it?"

Rini paused and thought long and hard about his question, just as she did in her vision, then softly answered.

"To be completely honest. . . Yeah."

Hitoshi gave his friend a sad look. She had her eyes downcast, staring blankly at her palms in her lap. He could practically see the thoughts running around her head and he felt guilty about bringing up such a thought-provoking topic. He was about to ask if she was alright until she spoke up.

"Besides using my quirk to help save people and getting nightmares as a result. . . It feels like I'm dictating my own life. I'm just walking step for step the way I do in my vision. . . and I do feel like I can step out of line but I simply don't because if I do then we won't achieve our goal. . . But now we're at the finish line. We made it. . ." She trailed while pondering that fact more.

Her decade long vision had guided her to this point in time. They did the training. They passed the written exam. They did the practical. And now all that was left were the letters proving their acceptance into the school.

"Holy shit we made it."

She cursed under her breath at the sudden realization.

Hitoshi tilted his head and gave her a confused yet amused look. He was always used to her starry eyed look whenever she realized her vision came to pass, so hearing her actually swear in surprise that it worked made him want to laugh.

"Why are you surprised? Your the one that saw the future!" He laughed.

Rini maneuvered on the couch and plopped back down to fully face her best friend.

"You don't think I don't know that!" She squeaked, causing him to laugh more. "Its just. . . I've seen this coming from a decade ago. I've seen this play out in my head over a hundred times. . . And now that I'm this close to seeing the end result, I honestly feel. . . scared."

Hitoshi stopped laughing when she said that. His smile faded when he looked at her and saw her honest fearful expression. He felt a pang in his chest upon seeing her this way so he made his way over and pulled her into a side hug.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"No your fine. . . I think I'm overthinking this. . . But. . ." She quietly trailed.

He patiently waited for his best friend to gather her thoughts. After a moment, she finally asked him her own question in a whisper:

"What's it like not knowing what comes next?"

Hitoshi stopped breathing for a moment. He never really thought about her perspective before and how it truly felt to know everything. He vaguely wondered how it was to see the future but he didn't entirely think about how it must feel for his best friend to be ahead of the curve.

He glanced around and thought of his answer. When he found it, he loosened his hold on her and leaned back a little to meet her gaze, causing her to do the same.

"Its like a surprise. You don't really know what your going to get, so you hope for the best. Sometimes it's scary but most of the time it's nothing you can't handle, you just make do with what you got."

As he spoke, Rini stared at him in wholehearted admiration. For once she wasn't the one with the answers, instead he provided her with one. And it banished her irrational fear of the unknown and replaced it with hopeful assurance.

"Thanks. . . I needed to hear that," she smiled in return while sheepishly looking down at her hands.

"No problem. I'm glad I could help," he returned the gesture except he rubbed the back of his neck.

After they shared that moment, they carried on with their lounging. The day flew by and before they knew it their parents were home from work. Their mothers once again swarmed them with hugs and tears of joy while they tried not to run away from their love. Their fathers fondly expressed their praise and refrained from crushing them in a hug seeing as their mothers already handled that department.

Later that evening they also received fond praises from their mentors. Midnight wanted to stop by the house but she was apart of the panel of judges and grading so she sadly couldn't. Same for Aizawa. But they still expressed their own form of commendation to the teens, although Aizawa's seemed a bit critical.

And when word reached Sir Nighteye, he also called to congratulate his protege. . . However, unbeknownst to the pink haired teen, he had received news from All Might about his chosen successor Midoriya. He was bitter about that information since he recommended Mirio for the power, but he didn't express that over the phone in his tone.

However, he was planning to approach the teen to observe Midoriya when she got to UA.

That day, the teens enjoyed their commendations and - mildly - celebrated their achievement. Time seemed to run away from them again and before they knew it the letters arrived in the mail the day Rini said they would. But when they opened them they received the surprising news that All Might would join the faculty as a teacher.

The news didn't entirely surprise the pink haired girl, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't excited.

Yes, everything was going exactly as planned in Rini's mind. Everything she saw came to pass. They got their school uniforms, their school supplies, their ID's, and were all set.

When the first day of school creeped around the corner, she couldn't wait to finally meet her classmates after a decade of anticipation. She was going to be free of her quirk and experience everything first hand. She was nervous because up until this point she knew every conversation, interaction, and experience beforehand. But she buried the feeling and recalled Hitoshi's words.

For once, she felt like she was free.

She was ready to face the world head on.

If only she looked far ahead.

.

.

.

\\ Rini //
\\ At UA //

.

.

.

The first day of school arrived faster than I thought. Faster than Hitoshi thought too.

We had everything prepared the day prior and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Our parents prepared us breakfast and we got ready in lightning fast speed to meet each other outside. He came over to my house to pick me up, and my mom snapped pictures of us. I rolled my eyes playfully at her and said I'll see her and my dad later, then we headed to the bus stop.

A couple minutes later and we were walking through the school gates once again. This time, we were officially first years of Class 1A.

"I wonder which teacher we'll get," Hitoshi muttered as we walked through the doors and passed other students.

"Oh you'll see," I giggled.

We continued walking through the school and took the necessary stairs and hallways that led to the huge door I saw in my vision all those years ago. A big "1A" in block letters confirmed we were in the right place, so we took a moment and stood in front of it.

I looked at Hitoshi and he looked at me, then we took a deep breath and gave each other reassuring nods.

"Here goes nothing," he stepped up and slid the door open.

The moment it opened, all eyes fell on us. Almost everyone was present, only a few seats left vacant. I looked around in blissful happiness at the sight of everybody I only ever saw in my vision. Then before we could step inside the room, Iida came straight towards us.

"Hello! Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Tenya Iida. It is a pleasure to meet my fellow classmates," he stated with a few hand chops.

Hitoshi furrowed his brows and gave him a confused look while I simply smiled and returned the greeting.

"Hi, I'm Rini Otani! Nice to meet you too!" I beamed.

"Uh nice to meet you, I'm Hitoshi Shinso," he replied with less enthusiasm.

"I'm looking forward to learning alongside you and-"

"Hey I'm Mina Ashido! I couldn't help but notice your pretty pink hair like mine! Us pink-ettes gotta stick together am I right?" She shoved Iida out of the way and introduced herself.

"Oh, yeah-"

"Ashido it is very rude to interrupt people!" Iida came back and started chastising her with his trademark hand chops.

"Well you just interrupted her you hypocrite!"

Hitoshi and I shared looks and awkwardly stood there as they started venting at each other. We were about to sneak off until a familiar growl came from behind us.

"Hey, what the hell is this? You extras are blocking the door," A certain blond boy growled.

Hitoshi and I turned sideways to both look at the spiky haired blond and allow him entry, but he stopped mid step and realized who we were.

"Wait a minute, your the two extras that were in my way on the day of the exam!" He scowled and pointed an accusatory finger between us.

We glanced down at his finger then back at his angry gaze. I was about to naively greet him but Hitoshi stepped up and returned a similar scowl of disappointment.

"Yeah, we are. And you didn't apologize."

"WHAT!? I DON'T HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU TWO WEAKLINGS!" He yelled while one hand started crackling.

I mentally face palmed at the situation that suddenly got blown out of proportion.

"Its fine, Hitoshi. Bakugo doesn't have to apologize," I accidentally let his name slip, causing him to freeze and ignore Hitoshi for a moment to stare at me.

"What the hell? How do you know my name!?"

Hitoshi glanced at me and gave me a look. One that read "you did it again" and I returned a quick look like "yeah yeah I'm aware." Before I could make up a lie to tell Bakugo, Iida stepped up to greet him.

"Hello, I'm Tenya Iida. I don't think you should be insulting your fellow classmates like that. We are all striving to become Heroes and our attitudes should reflect-"

"Ugh, can it would ya! And get out of my way," he cut him off and shoved past all of us.

He sent me a glare last second but I could see in his eyes that he was silently trying to figure out how I knew his name. I made a mental note to avoid having another "future vision slip-up" since I can't afford to reveal my rare quirk, even to my classmates who will eventually be my future Hero coworkers.

"So rude!" Mina brought me out of my thoughts by shaking an angry fist at his back.

We all watched as he stomped towards his desk, plopped down in his seat, and kicked his legs up on the table. Iida instantly gasped like he just witnessed a horrific murder and sped off towards him, chopping his hands up and down once again.

"Wow, now that he's gone, how about we start over introductions!" Mina latched onto my right arm and Hitoshi's left so she was sandwiched between us.

"Shouldn't we be seated? Class is starting soon," Hitoshi offered in a reasoning tone after showing his phone's clock, and Mina laughed.

"Oh yeah, your right! I guess we'll all have to properly introduce ourselves during orientation. See ya!" she smiled then headed back to her desk.

Hitoshi and I returned the gesture then walked towards the back of the class for our assigned seats. While we passed our classmates, I wore a small smile whereas Hitoshi looked passive as usual. I was still so excited to see the end of my vision come true. And once we sat down, it finally came to pass.

Bakugo and Iida were still arguing.

Suddenly the door slid open and in its frame stood the green haired boy. Izuku Midoriya.

Iida approached him and started introducing himself again.

Then the brown haired girl, Ochaco Uraraka, arrived behind them and started talking animatedly with her hands.

Then the three paused and turned around to look at the yellow caterpillar on the floor who Hitoshi and I knew all too well.

I sat there with tears almost welling in my eyes as the scene played out. I had finally made it to this day. Hitoshi and I finally made it to UA, the school of our dreams, and were well on our way to become Heroes. I watched the three stare at Mr. Aizawa and noticed Hitoshi turn in his seat with masked excitement in his eyes upon realizing he was our teacher.

"Hey, can you believe it- Rini, are you listening?"

And there it was.

The last thing from my vision.

The last thing I saw had now passed.

I didn't have my future vision dictate the next ten years of my life anymore.

Hitoshi stared at me with confusion until he pieced together what I was going through. His look morphed into one of kindhearted understanding as I swiped away a stray tear.

"I am." I answered him. "I'm listening," I clarified.

He offered a small smile and I returned the gesture. But our smiles were quickly gone when we heard our Sensei's last words.

"Put these gym uniforms on and meet me outside."

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 247 51
In a world where 80% of the human population possess ability's called quirks, it's easy to get lost in the idea of heroes and villains. Gushing over...
33.9K 930 17
Y/N is the newest exchange student coming for some summer classes at UA and boy is she fired up! Ready for new horizons and friends,she isn't exactly...
83.1K 3.2K 31
COMPLETED Virtual. An underground pro-hero with a quirk similar to that of telepathy but can transmit a whole scenario into someone's mind. Through t...
46.5K 1.5K 24
A girl getting sent back in time? Sure, it's happened, but did she have a robot that knew everything that happened in the next 129 years? (Y/n) was w...