Beating the Buzzer | Book 1 i...

By dontworryboutit123

Book One : USC series 18+ Ayanna Heart Reeling from betrayal of her ex, Captain of the basketball team for UC... More

Aesthetics
Face Claims
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
bonus chapter +1
bonus chapter 2+

epilogue

30.4K 690 745
By dontworryboutit123

Draft night.

I leaned against the foundation of the door, watching as she smoothed her french manicured hands over the material of her dress.

She looked so beautiful.

Her hair was parted down the middle, much longer than usual due to her getting her silk press. She spent an extra hour at the salon since she decided on getting it curled.

I don't think that I would be receiving anything tonight in fear of sweating it out.

I knew better.

She wore a black long sleeve v-neck mini dress that exposed her cleavage but not too much. She paired it with black Versace platform heels that made her a little closer to my height.

Ayanna had just begun to put her earrings in when she noticed my presence. She quickly turned around to face me as she stuck the gold statement piece through her ear.

" You look so fucking sexy," she complimented me as I pushed off of the wall and advanced on her. She took her time observing me as I walked across the room,eyes trailing down my attire slowly.

" You look absolutely stunning." I reach for her waist as she puts in the backing of her other earring. " How am I going to be able to focus on anything else when all I want to do is make love to you?"

Ayanna shrugs her shoulders, leaning out of my touch a little. "I guess we'll just have to keep our hands to ourselves."

I snorted as I attached my lips to her cheek, not wanting to mess up her lips that were shiny with gloss. " That's going to be torture, angel. Pure fucking torture."

Ayanna feigns a mocking pout," You poor thing. It's only for a few hours." She caresses my chin with her thumb before Dominic enters the room.

" It's time to go!" He shouts.

We quickly pull away from each other. I grabbed our coats while Ayanna quickly placed the essentials she had laid out on the counter and swiped them into her purse.

I hold my arm out for her to hook hers around as she approaches me.

" Ready?" I asked.

" Yes. Are you ready?" She asked with an excited twinkling in her eyes.

I've been ready for this day ever since I touched a basketball. But yet this day seems much less important compared to the days that I had in mind with her.

" More than ready." Ayanna presses her fingertips against my skin, turning my head towards her. She pressed a swift kiss against my lips before pulling away with a soft smile. Her eyes watched as she brought her thumb to my lips and wiped away her lip gloss.

" Now we can go."

We quickly hurried down the stairs to see everyone waiting on us. All of our parents were here as well, smiling brightly as we joined them in the living room of my parents New York home.

" Okay pictures!" Our moms decided, forcing us to huddle together.

Dominic snatched Rhegan up as she focused on fixing her dress, not really paying any mind to how he yanked her into his hold.

Jora and Kyler stood next to each other awkwardly."Well are you going to just stand there or are you going to wrap your hands around my waist?" She asked as he looked taken aback.

"I didn't think you'd want me too," he answered as he wrapped his hands around her lower waist with ease.

" I agreed to be your date tonight, Ky," she sighed as she looked straight ahead towards the camera. Kyler on the other hand stared down at her as she palmed his hands. "That means we have to play the part of being on a date."

" Right," he nods, stepping a little closer to her back.

I removed my arm from around Ayanna's and placed it around her waist, pulling her body closer to mine. She placed one arm around my waist and rested the other on my hand that rested on her stomach.

" You guys are such a beautiful couple. The grandkids are going to be so cute, right Raven?"

"Mamãe!" I screeched as the group laughed at my voice raising an octave.

" O que?" She raised her shoulders as she plastered an innocent smile on her face." I'm only speaking... as you kids call it... facts," she waves her hand as she makes it her point.

Oh dear God.

" Can we just take the picture?" I whine as Ayanna's body vibrates against mine with laughter.

The boys spared a few jokes at my expense as we smiled for the pictures. " All of you are getting fucked up," I gritted through my teeth as our mothers went photo crazy, snapping pictures of us in the same pose.

It felt like prom all over again.

" Okay," Our fathers intervened, snatching cameras and phones out of our mother's hands.

" They're going to be late or you'll keep snapping pictures all night. Let's go!" Jax placed Raven's phone in her purse and pushed her towards the door.

" Ready boys?" Abel asked as we watched our loved ones walk out the front door. " Ready for our lives to be forever changed and our dreams come true?"

I smirked." Yes. But the real question is..." I shared a look with all of my friends.

"Are they ready for us?"

_________________

I couldn't believe it.

I was here. I was standing in Barclays center surrounded by legends and the people that I have looked up to for as long as I could remember.

I was here after working so hard to make my dream a reality. I was here with my friends, my family, and the love of my life.

And to make it all the more better, I was sharing this moment with my best friends. We were going to achieve our dreams together.

We were going to take the NBA by storm.

" Are you okay?" Ayanna stood in front of me before I went out on the red carpet for photos. My hands drifted to her waist on instinct for comfort as she adjusted my suit, smoothing her hands over my chest.

I couldn't look up. I couldn't look out at everyone or else I would throw up.

So I looked at her.

I looked at my comfort. I looked at my happiness. I looked at the person who made everything better.

" I feel like I'm going to piss, shit, and throw up." I admitted as she cringed.

" All at once?"

I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat as I pulled her closer, needing her as close as possible. " All at once. Specifically in that order."

Ayanna smiled that smile that made everything in my world feel alright. Ayanna smiled that smile that had me hooked from the very moment that I stole her pen...

The pen.

The pen that I had tucked inside of my suit jacket right at this moment.I had the pen. I needed the kiss.

" Kiss me." I gripped her chin as she craned her neck to stare up at me.

I didn't care about the cameras. I didn't care about the prying eyes. I didn't care about the other players that were staring at my girl like she was a piece of meat being served on a silver platter. I didn't care that our moment was being recorded and probably sent to every media outlet at the moment.

I didn't care because she was all I needed.

" I can actually kiss you without having to stand on my toes today." She joked before placing her lips against mine softly.

Her lips were comforting. Her lips were home.

I melted into her as we indulged in the sweet kiss, my worries were fading away with each second that our lips were conjoined. Pulling away, I brushed her cheek with my thumb before placing my forehead against hers.

" I love you. You make everything better and I am so fucking lucky to have you by my side today. I wouldn't want anyone else to be standing next to me at this moment. You are meant to be here with me. We are meant to be here together."

Ayanna sighed, brushing her nose against mine. "We are meant to be here together. I love you. Your dreams are going to come true. You are going to be the number one draft pick. So right now I need you to stop worrying because you are Carson fucking Addams. You are a national champion baby."

I am Carson Addams. I am a national champion.

" I love you!" She looked around before gripping my neck and pulling my head down to her lips. "And when you get the number one draft pick, I'll give you a treat fit for that and a national champion."

Ayanna pulled away, her smile innocent but the look in her eyes was anything but.

" Oh really?" I raised my brows as she nodded.

It has to be bop it. I was praying that it would be bop it.

" Really," she winked as she pulled away and sent
me on the red carpet to face the cameras.

Looking in her direction, a smile immediately appeared on my lips as she gave me a thumbs up. Turning towards the cameras I presented that smile for them to see.

After a few one on one pictures, the guys joined
me as soon as they were done with theirs for a group photo. We were then ushered off to give our individual interviews and answer questions.And then we were ushered into the venue and shown to our tables.

Our tables were all near each other which was comfort enough for me.

Ayanna placed her hand on my thigh as it bounced up and down rapidly. Her touch called me down but I couldn't help but bounce looks off at the guys. We were all letting the anxiety get the best of us and it showed.

Marcus looked calm but I knew that his brain was going haywire.Abel kept biting the inside of his cheek as he listened to whatever Elizabeth was telling him. Kyler was gripping into Skylar's hand so tightly that it looked like he was close to breaking it.

She chose to seat next to Kyler but right next to Marcus's chair so that she could be there for both of them.

Dominic was biting his nails to which Rhegan kept smacking his hand away from his mouth, scolding him as the event went on.

The closer we got to the top ten picks, the more our nerves got the best of us.

" The Houston Rockets select," the commissioner opens the envelope in his hands.

" Derrick Benson as their first round pick!" He announced.

The guys and I were immediately on our feet clapping for our teammate and closest friend as he buried his face in Sade's neck, squeezing her against his body as she bounced on her heels.

" Yeah DB!" I hooted through cupped hands as he walked across the stage with the cap on his head and gave his speech.

" The Los Angeles Clippers select," the commissioner opened the envelope.

" Abel Creed as their first round draft pick!"

Elizabeth jumped up with Abel clapping as she watched him hug his parents who made sure to be cordial for his big night. Abel turned to Elizabeth and kissed her hard on the mouth, gripping her cheeks before forcing himself away from her.

The guys and I cheered the loudest for him as he approached the stage wearing a Clippers hat as he approached the podium.

" The Los Angeles Clippers select," the commissioner read the envelope.

" Marcus King as their first round pick!"

Marcus stood up in shock as if he didn't expect to even be in the top five. He always underestimated his talents but here he was, fourth overall pick of the 2022 draft class.

Skylar outcheered us all as he approached the stadium. Her I love you echoed throughout the center as he laughed into the mic, repeating her sentiments and earning an aww from the crowd.

" The Golden State Warriors take over this draft class with three overall first round picks." The commissioner announces as he picks up an envelope.

Only three of us were left.

" The Golden State Warriors pick and third overall selection of the 2022 Draft class is," I inhaled deeply as the commissioner built up the suspense.

" Kyler McKay!"

I released a breath as I stood to my feet, clapping for him as he stood up with both Jora and Skylar by his side. He went in for the hug with Skylar, the twins embraced each other tightly.

And then he turned to Jora who smiled broadly, not wasting a second as she wrapped her arms around his neck.. As they pulled away from each other, Kyler's nose brushed against hers and then their lips pressed against each other's softly.

Platonic my damn ass.

The boys and I exchanged looks between each other when they pulled away, fighting the smiles that threatened to grow on our faces.

They were never going to be done with each other. A kiss like that held more truth than their words ever could.

Kyler walked on stage like he was the happiest fucking man in the world and atlgted that kiss he damn well might as well have been.

" The Golden State Warriors pick and second overall selection of the 2022 Draft class is Dominic Steele!"

Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy fucking shit!

Dominic sat frozen as the camera's zoomed in on Rhegan shaking him excitedly. It was then that he realized what was going on and stood up and immediately turned to his father, embracing him first before everyone.

I shot you to my feet as Dominic embraced the women around him, hugging Ayanna, Raven, and my mother. He kissed Rhegan's lips multiple times before walking over to me.

" My brother forever. Wherever you go, I go." He held the back of my neck close as I squeezed his shoulders.

" My brother forever. Wherever you go, I go." I repeated, patting his neck as we pulled away from each other.

I watched my best friend take his moment on stage, thanking his father for everything that he had today and for making him the man that he was.

That earned a few tears.

Ayann la squeezed my thigh as the realization hit me hard.

" The Golden State Warriors pick and first overall pick of the 2022 Draft class is Carson Addams!"

I was the first overall draft pick.

I was the FIRST overall draft pick.

I was going to my dream team with my two closest friends.

I had my dream girl.

I had everything that I had ever wanted.

Everything was a blur as I stood up.

I remembered hugging my parents, kissing Ayanna so hard that her knees buckled, and then I was on the stage.

" Wow!" I chuckled into the mic as I held up the Golden State Warriors cap. " Wow!" I repeated as the crowd laughed.

" I don't even know where I am supposed to start." I placed the cap on the podium as I looked into the crowd."First I should start off with thanking my family. I want to say thank you to my parents for all putting me in basketball camps every summer because I begged them until they finally cracked. I want to thank them and my grandparents for believing in me every step of the way."

" I want to thank my beautiful, beautiful girlfriend Ayanna for believing in me. For being my loudest cheerleader at games... next to my mom of course. I want to thank her for loving me and being there for me every step of the way. I love you Angel! You are my rock and I will forever be grateful to have you by my side."

" She said that I would be the first round overall draft pick tonight but I didn't believe her because that's what every supportive girlfriend is supposed to say." I threw in a joke, earning a few more laughs.

" I want to thank my best friends, my brothers for life as well. I love you guys from the bottom of my heart. We've been through four years of blood, sweat, and tears together and look at us now, baby! Look at us now! I'm so proud of each and every one of you! I'm so proud of how far we have come together and I know that despite us being in different teams now, we will always be each other's biggest cheerleaders. I love you guys."

" And lastly my coaches throughout the years. Thank you for teaching me the game and valuable life lessons along the way. Coach Z, I'm glad that you can brag about your star players running the 2022 Drafts! I hope that we continue making you proud throughout our careers. We love you old man!"

I was about to turn around before I remembered two important people to thank.

" And before I get chewed out for not mentioning them, I chuckled, leaning in towards the mic. " I want to say thank you to our team, we love you guys and I couldn't have asked for a better family to play with. And thank you to our number one rookies Haze Black and Xander Brooks! Without them the team wouldn't be the team. Keep a close eye in them next season, they're going to do great things"

" Thank you all so much." I smiled as they cheered and quickly stood next to the commissioner as the other draft picks walked out into the stage.

After taking more pictures with the entirety of the draft class and congratulating each other, I was finally able to make it to my girl.

" I told you!" She jumped on me, her legs lifting off of the ground as I wrapped my arms around her waist."I knew it! I knew it, wonderbread."

Placing her in her feet, palming her face, studying her beaming smile as my heart flutters and my world stops.

I had everything that I ever wanted.

" I am a Golden State Warrior baby!" I grinned as she pressed her lips against mine, her slender fingers palming my shoulder. I kissed her back with as much passion, if not more than she gave me.

" You are a fucking Warrior baby!" Her breath flutters over my lips as she speaks.

" I am so fucking proud of you!"

And that's all I ever wanted to do— make my loved ones proud.

Party.

We partied all night long. I was slightly hung over but it could have been worse. We made the exception of getting white girl wasted just to celebrate our boys' accomplishments.

Although some of us were sure to regret that.

Last night was a whirlwind. It didn't take
long for the boys to be thrown into the spotlight, dragging us along with them. By midnight there were already videos and me and Carson enjoying our night, a video of intimate moment before he went on the red carpet, and they even managed to get their hands on the picture that I took with him after.

It was a lot but I didn't let that damper our mood. We went out and celebrated until we couldn't anymore... i'm other words...

Skylar got us kicked out of the club... but it wasn't her fault. Some girl was making moves on Marcus and tried it with the wrong girl.

Regardless of how the night ended, we still had a good time.

Turning in the bed, I found Carson sprawled against the crisp white hotel bedroom sheets. His tattooed torso was on full display as I cuddled into his side, tracing a few of them with my fingers.

" Good morning," his groggy morning voice greeted me as he squeezed me closer into his side. " Sleep well?"

I nodded against his chest as I listened to his heartbeat." I slept amazing. What about you?" I craned my head to find him staring down at me already, his eyes hooded.

His fingertips drifted lazy patterns on my shoulder blade, creating soothing motions as he smiled down at me.

" Like an overall number one draft pick." He grinned as I leaned up and swung my leg around his waist, straddling him.

" My number one draft pick," I pressed a kiss to his cheek. "My number one draft pick that I owe a special treat to."

Carson got comfortable as I began to trail kisses down his bare torso, taking my time with him until I reached the waistband of his boxers. My fingers slipped between them, pulling them down as he lifted his hips up to help me. His dick sprung up as soon as it was free of its restraints.

" What do you want me to do?" I licked his tip as he shivered in response.

" Suck it."

Wrapping my lips around his tip, I took him in my mouth, sucking him as he stared me down with hooded eyes. I bobbed my head up and down as he let out groans, being very vocal today.

" Stroke it." He switched the commands.

I removed my mouth from his dick and ran my hand up and down his shaft. The salvia from sucking him off lubricated his dick well enough as I ran my hand up and down in stroking motions. I squeezed him a little earning a long drawled out fuck from him.

" That's good, baby. Now use both hands and your mouth. Twist and suck it."

I obliged him by taking him in my mouth again and using both hands in a twisting up and down motion. He went crazy. His body twitched as he gripped the sheets in his palm, clenching them as he stared me in the eyes.

And I didn't falter. Our soul ties grew stronger and stronger each day.

" Can I fuck you mouth?" He asked, voice strained and thick with the need to dominate my mouth.

" Yes." I gave him permission.

Carson gripped my hair and thrust into my mouth hard and fast. The bed creaked from his fast movements as he thrusted upwards. I palmed his lap as my head bobbed from the rough actions. Saliva mixed with his precum dropped down my chin as my eyes started to water up.

The corner of my lips burned from him stretching my mouth out with each thrust. My nails dug into his skin, creating crescent moon marks in my thighs as he came in my mouth.

He threw his head back, chanting my name over and over again. I swallowed every last drop before pulling my mouth away from his dick and wiping my lips as a lazy smile grew on his lips.

I collapsed onto his chest. His arms wrapped around my waist, squeezing me against his body closer as I closed my eyes and listened to his heart beat.

His fingers drifted up and down my back lazily. It was peaceful and comfortable between the two of us. My hands gripped his shoulders as he sighed and I knew that he was recounting last night.

His dreams came true.

I got to experience his dream coming true.

I was so happy. We were happy.

I never would have suspected that I would end up with Carsom Addams. I would have never suspected that I would call so hard and so fast. I would have never suspected that I would be happy after my last relationship. I would have never suspected that I would be in the best state of my life as I am in right now.

I would have never expected my life to turn like this.But that's the beauty of life, you never know what to expect.

I damn sure didn't expect to find the love of my life playing dirty jenga.

In dirty jenga we trust.

____________ The end___________

It's done!

I can't believe that this book is done. I am
literally trying not to cry as I type this out.

I want to thank you all for giving this book a chance! Thank you for falling in love my characters! Thank you for sticking me through my many many grammar mistakes and watching me grow as an author! Thank you guys so much!

You will never understand how much your love and support means to me. I appreciate every single last one of you guys! I love you so so so much!

I hope that you guys stick around for the rest of the series! I promise that each book will get better and better!

I love you all so much! In dirty jenga we touch!

Ayanna's Dress

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3.2K 56
The captain of our soccer team, Xavi Parker, a beautiful, young, athletic boy. The college girls were obsessed over him and his boys. The boys were j...
2.4M 73.9K 40
Best Ranking: #5 in Teen Fiction - Preview- "Do you actually care?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow tauntingly. I grinned, trying to emulate his e...
58.3K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...
376K 9.6K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...