payback. markhyuck

By MARKSOI

markhyuck ┅ donghyuck will do anything to pay mark back. ❝be my secretary then...❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 1.29.23 ma... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
end.

seven.

3K 156 41
By MARKSOI

a whole week. it's been a whole week ever since he started this job—being a secretary. and honestly speaking here, his experience for that whole week isn't that bad. 

the ceo will always order him around, even at random times, but that's what the secretary is for right?

sitting in front of the huge computer screen, sometimes he even pretends like he's doing something just to blend in with the people around him, obey the rules and orders the ceo gives him, isn't so bad. 

and besides, he got three people that always keep him entertained and company.

"hey, donghyuck?" he heard his name being called, and peeking behind the large screen, sungchan was there waiting for him to answer. the taller immediately received a small 'yes?' from donghyuck and he continues, "have you already seen the file i gave you?"

"yes, yes, i already saw it." donghyuck replied and shoots him a smile

"you can print it if you want." the younger added. "just to make it easier."

donghyuck nods, "oh really? i should do that."

sungchan released a small giggle simply because he find everything donghyuck does, cute, just to regret it afterward when he saw two pairs of eyes on him.

"what again?" he whispers looking at doyoung and johnny with a straight face while the two shoot him a teasing one.

both of them chuckled, "what's that smile?" johnny teased while trying to contain his laugh.

"i'm not smiling." he denies and got back to what he's doing. while the two in front of him only chuckle at his continues denial.

all of a sudden they heard the secretary's telephone ringing, signaling that the ceo has called him. the tanned male instantly picked this up, "yes, mr. lee?" his brows raised at the superior's response, but didn't question anymore. before he can even respond, he just heard the beep of the telephone, signifying that he had already hung up the phone.

donghyuck pouts at the act. well, not that his response is that important for the ceo to hear.

anyway, he stood up from his seat as he grabbed his clipboard with the ceo's schedule of the day since he knows mr. lee might ask for this. walking towards the latter's door, he knocked first before he can twist the knob.

once he's a little closer to his table, that's where mark spoke, "my schedule for today?" he asked, not taking his eyes off his work.

donghyuck looked down at his clipboard and read the first thing on the list, "you have a lunch meeting this twelve in the afternoon with mr. jeong and..." he continues to scan the paper, now looking at the second and last thing on the list, "and around six pm, mr. moon wanted to have dinner with you."

after hearing his last schedule, mark tilts his head as his brows furrowed, "with mr. moon?" he clears, now looking up.

"with mr. moon taeil, yes." donghyuck replied, nodding his head.

"is that a meeting?" the ceo continues to ask, with his brows still furrowed. he seems confused, donghyuck thought.

the secretary looked down at his list, to read it a second time, "unfortunately, he did not specify it."

mr. lee just nodded his head, still frowning. "yeah, sure." he mindlessly replied, still confused why moon taeil wanted to have dinner with him. he averts his gaze back to his computer and continues to type.

donghyuck took this as a cue to leave, so he bowed at the ceo before he can turn his heel around.

however, another call from the ceo stopped him from his tracks, "donghyuck." is what made the said name turn around, "print this for me." mark lifts a flash drive, reaching his arms out for the latter to take it.

usually, he's the one who does this for himself because he knows how important those files are, so he doesn't know what got into him to just hand that flash drive to someone other than him.

and of course, donghyuck knows that. however, he still took it as that's what the ceo ordered. this isn't much of a job plus he's about to go there anyway to print the file that sungchan passed to him, so why complain?

"oh and donghyuck," mark said one last time before donghyuck can completely disappear from the room, "you're coming with me to this dinner."

donghyuck's eyes widen, dumbfounded. mr. lee is known to never bring anyone to his meetings or meet-ups—well, what he hears from his fellow colleagues—therefore the ceo's statement confused him.

seeing the younger's reaction made the ceo raise his brows, "any complaints?" donghyuck didn't even say anything, but he can see it through the latter's eyes. "or... do you want me to remind you again why you're here agai—"

the tanned male immediately shook his head, releasing an awkward chuckle. remember donghyuck, no complaining when you're in front of the ceo, he chants this line inside his a few times before answering, "no!—i mean, no complains, mr. lee."

when he sensed that this is where their conversation ends, he waddled towards the door. the male scurried back to his desk to quickly grab his flash drive and dashed towards the printing room.

he stopped his tracks half-way there though. his eyes wandered around, confused with his actions, "why am i such in a hurry though?" he questioned himself while he tilts his head, "did i got too tensed inside the mr. lee's room?"

------

checking the time, he let out a breath he didn't he was holding. the ceo just left the building an hour or two ago for his lunch meeting he has with mr. jeong and he is well aware that the ceo should be back any time now.

for this whole time, he couldn't manage to focus on his work solely because of the superior's next schedule for the day. he might be overreacting to this whole situation right now, because he knows if the ceo brought him to his meet-up with mr. moon, he'll probably just sit there and be bored. 

the tanned found himself biting his nails—an unhealthy habit of him—and dropped whatever he was doing. his eyes dozed off around the whole room and landed on johnny. 

"johnny hyung?" donghyuck whispered, careful not to catch any attention from the other.

the said male looked up from his work and immediately went towards the male to help him, "um... it's about mr. lee..." he started, while the older listens carefully. why did he ask johnny about this? well, he knows he's the only one close to the ceo ever since he got here. "you know when he holds meetings—let's say in his schedules... does he usually bring anyone with him?" he asked, sounding a little too nervous.

the taller tilts his head as he thinks, "to be honest, i haven't seen him bring anyone with his meetings especially if they're not held in this building." he nods with every word he says, "but... why did you ask?"

the younger lets out a small awkward laugh as he rubs his nape, "so the rumors are true." he mumbles to himself looking away. how is he supposed to feel calm with that information?

"i mean, if he did bring you with him don't be too nervous." he chuckles trying to lighten up the mood on the other's face, sensing that he feels nervous? "you're his secretary anyway, so that's completely normal."

donghyuck just nodded and smiled. "thank you, hyung." was the last thing he said before going back to his desk. "he's right. what was i thinking? of course, he's going to bring me with him because i'm his secretary."

while the tanned male is busy blabbering with himself, everyone on their sits immediately sprung themselves up once they saw the familiar group of bodyguards.

after then, all of them bowed once they finally saw the ceo walking toward their way.

all of them expected for mr. lee to just walk past their area like he normally does but instead, they found him standing in front of all of them which surely made them anxious. they really couldn't tell what announcement the ceo is just going to drop because he never had any other expression except having a cold face on.

"i'm leaving early for today, so you guys can do too." mr. lee suddenly announced. short and simple.

everyone's expression immediately changed. some are quietly thanking the gods for this, some are already planning what are they going to have for dinner. and what a perfect time, they're about to have a long weekend.

sungchan on the other hand, had his eyes landed on the secretary on his table. he looked at him with a smile and was about to walk closer to him when he heard the ceo's voice once more.

"donghyuck?" he calls the younger male's name. he furrowed his brows when he saw him resting his head on his palms. "lee donghyuck." he calls out again, his voice a little louder than before, when he saw him not looking up.

the tanned male finally snapped out from his thoughts and stood up. that's where he finally realized the ceo is already here and everyone's eyes are on him, "yes, yes, mr. lee?" he answered, quickly fixing his hair.

"come with me." he blurts out, before walking to his office.

donghyuck instantly left his table and was about to follow mr. lee's footsteps when he got stopped by sungchan's voice.

"u-uh... donghyuck," the tanned male stopped his tracks and looked at the younger male, "are you free this dinner? i would like—"

"oh, i'm sorry sungchan." he unintentionally cuts the younger off, "i have something important to do, maybe next time!"

donghyuck didn't get to hear sungchan's response as he already dashed his way towards the ceo's office when he noticed a pair of eyes on him in the distance. chills. just chills, mr. lee giving him knives for stares.

closing the door behind him, he made light steps towards the superior's table and noticed he had his back facing him, "h-how did the lunch meeting go?" donghyuck decided to ask, and also can't help but stutter.

the ceo hums, "pretty boring." he told. he was honestly not interested in the topic earlier and was just there to sit and look around, "lost my appetite so i didn't eat anything."

donghyuck nods with a small smile on his face. he thought he was going to regret starting a conversation with the superior but he thought wrong. 

mark's eyes traveled from the wall clock to check the time and down to his secretary. he looked at him up and down. he was wearing the typical white button-up with his sleeves rolled up and black pants with a belt securing his waist. this might be the first time he can get a clear look at the younger's figure.

the younger noticed this and can't help but feel small under the superior's gaze. he doesn't know if the ceo is judging him or checking him out. probably the first option though.

"your outfit." the older suddenly blurts.

oh yeah, he's judging me. donghyuck thought.

mark points at his outfit up and down, "follow me." was all he said, deciding that he's too tired to talk.

donghyuck didn't question any further though. walking slowly behind the ceo, he saw him walking towards a room that he didn't even know exist. he was hesitant to enter at first but mark told him to come in.

his eyes widen, "woah!" he screamed in awe. it looks like a bedroom? just when he thought this office is already big enough. "you have a bedroom here!"

mark looked at the younger with furrowed brows, "i am aware?"

"this is bigger than a first-floor house!" donghyuck continues to ramble, probably forgetting that he's standing and talking at the ceo.

mark can't do anything but smile. he doesn't even bother to let donghyuck realize who is he talking to. he finds it cute. instead, he just went straight to his dresser and picked a button-up for his secretary to change into.

"change your top." mark finally handed him the clothing, which resulted the younger to snap out into reality.

"o-oh.." the younger stutters, grabbing the top from the ceo's. this made him tilt his head in confusion and look down on his button-up, "i-is there something wrong with my button-up?" he curiously asked.

mark was quick to shake his head as a no. he crossed his arms and look at him up and down again, "just to be more formal."

"am i that close to the ceo that he already lent me his clothes?" donghyuck asked, not making it obvious that he was teasing.

mark smirked at the younger's question, now taking a few steps closer to his secretary, "since when did you start taking comfortably with me?"

donghyuck awkwardly looked around, biting his lips, "i'll wear this, mr. lee!" he decided to end this conversation once he felt his back being pressed against the wall. the younger was about to walk out of the ceo's room when the latter's voice stopped him.

"where are you going?" mark asked, chasing the younger.

"well... i-i don't want to change in front of y-you." he tells, not making eye contact with the superior.

mark released a small chuckle at how straightforward donghyuck is, "change here, i'll go outside.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 19.7K 30
❝ i thought we were friends? ❞ ❝ me too, until you kissed me. ❞ ━ or where mark and donghyuck become ro...
69.7K 2.4K 20
𖦹 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖣𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗁𝗒𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝖾𝗍 𝖽𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾, 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗎𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒, 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗈�...
6K 344 10
markhyuck ┅ donghyuck is desperate to find mr. sweet kisser. ❝should i make you feel heaven in seven minutes?❞ ▬ ON GOING ✎ markhyuck fanfiction. ©...
127K 6.4K 39
markhyuck. ┅ the world decides your soulmate whether you like it or not. ❝yours is red too?❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 03.07.21 markhyuck fanfiction. © MARKSOI...