My Guardian Angel

By crepuscularcurse

Annabel had the perfect family. That is until a tragic accident takes her mother's life. Now, 10 years later... More

My Guardian Angel
~Prologue~
~Chapter one~ California
~Chapter two~ New friends
~Chapter three~ Familiar eyes
~Chapter four~ The beach party pt. 1
~Chapter five~ The beach party pt. 2
~Chapter six~ Hurt and cold
~Chapter seven~ A bad day
~Chapter eight~The date pt. 1
~Chapter nine~ The date pt. 2
~Chapter ten~ The truth
~Chapter eleven~ Nicknames
~Chapter twelve~ Reading minds
~Chapter fourteen~ Tantrums and possessiveness
~Chapter fifteen~ Accidents happen
~Chapter sixteen~ Men do cry
~Chapter seventeen~ I'm in hell. Literally.
~Chapter eighteen~ We'll find her
~Chapter nineteen~ Warning: Heartbreak may lead to collapsing
~Chapter twenty~ Evil dwells in unexpected places
~Chapter twenty-one~ Break Free
~Chapter twenty-two~Everything's gonna be ok
~Chapter twenty-three~ Mates...Mates everywhere
~Epilogue~
Author's Note

~Chapter thirteen~ The superblaster water gun fight

7.9K 354 34
By crepuscularcurse

Quick rant: PLEASE! I beg you! Comment or something. I really would like to know what you think of my story. Even if it's a few words. I'd appreciate it tons! Thanks(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

~Annabel~

I tried my best to remain calm. Carlos was not Carlos. He was something much more evil. Much more sinister. It took all I had not to book it out of there. I knew he'd catch me anyways. I was up shit creek.

"H-Heyy Carlos." His grin grew impossibly bigger as I grew more uncomfortable.

"What's wrong? Are you scared?" He leaned closer to me and I flinched.

"No." I managed to get out without stuttering.

In all honesty, I was terrified. And I'm pretty sure he could sense it. His hand reached up and tangled itself in my hair. His face moved so it was mere inches from mine.

"I think you are. But that's good. It makes things more... Fun." His lips brushed against mine and I tried to control the bile that threatened to rise in my throat.

I breathed out, shuttering as he pulled away and dropped his hand. He slowly walked backwards, not taking his eyes off me.

"By the way Annabel. Don't tell your little lover boy about me. In fact, don't tell anyone. If you do, trust me, I'll find out. We wouldn't want daddy to get hurt, would we?" My eyes grew wide at the realization.

He threatened to hurt my dad if I told anyone about him. Especially Riz, who was the only one that could help. I wanted to cry, but I held back the tears. Carlos shot me one last wink before turning and walking away. I was stunned. What do I do now?

"Annabel?" I jumped and relaxed when I saw Kasey walking towards me.

"Y-yeah?" I was mentally praying she wouldn't hear the panic in my voice.

"What happened? You've been here for a few weeks and you're still getting lost. Come on, Mrs. Hanes is waiting for us." Mrs. Hanes was my History teacher, and boy was she a bundle of joy.

Not.

I sighed and tried to calm myself. My anxiety was threatening to push itself to the surface, and I knew that if I allowed it to, it would be quite obvious. Kasey dragged me down the corridor until we arrived in front of the classroom door. She gave me a reassuring smile before leading me in.

"Ah, Ms. Smith. Nice to finally be greeted with your presence. Please take a seat. And don't make a habit of interrupting my class." Mrs. Hanes shot me a glare before going back to her teaching.

I slowly made my way towards the back and felt a gaze on me. I lifted my eyes and they met familiar orange ones. He was giving me an amused smirk but it slowly slipped off his face. I mentally panicked, thinking he found something out by just looking at me. I quickly faked a smile, hoping he'd buy it. His lips slowly curved into a grin as I plopped down beside him.

'Get lost did we?' His lips didn't move, so I knew he was talking in my head.

The problem with that was, I couldn't respond mentally because he promised he wouldn't read my mind anymore. I nodded and tried my best to listen to the lecture at the front.

'Is something wrong? You seem a little... Tense.' I quickly shook my head no.

"Don't lie to me, Annabel." This time he whispered in my ear.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him so bad. But when I looked towards my left, my eyes met black ones. Carlos. Or... Whatever he was. He shot me a knowing look and a shiver wracked through my body.

"I'm not..." I whispered back.

'I think you are.' He said this in my mind.

"I'M NOT!" I yelled fiercely at him and then slapped a hand over my mouth.

Riz's eyes went wide. The whole class turned to look at me, including a very angry Mrs. Hanes.

"Out. Now!" She yelled across the room and I scurried out without complaint.

I slumped against the wall and that's when I couldn't hold back the anxiety anymore. Tears welled from my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell anyone about Carlos. No one could help me. Hell, I couldn't even help myself. I put my head in my hands.

"Are you ok?" I rose my head to look at my friend, Greg.

"Y-yeah. I just, got kicked out is all. Why are you out here?" He chuckled and sat down beside me.

"Not something to cry over. And... The same reason you are." He grinned and I couldn't help but smile back.

"What class?" I asked, suddenly interested.

"Mr. Stevenson... He's such an old Scrooge." I laughed at that.

"He really is. You have him for Spanish right?" He nodded in reply and we sat there conversing for the rest of the period.

When the bell rang, Greg helped me up and gave me a hug before heading to his next class. I sighed and headed back into the room to get my bag. Riz was still sitting in the back of the class, studying me carefully. I adverted my gaze to the floor and went to grab my bag when his hand settled on my arm.

"I hope you'll tell me what's wrong eventually. But for now, I'm gonna pretend everything's ok." He sent me a worried look before getting up and walking out.

I sighed and threw my bag over my shoulder. I was just about to walk out of the room when a voice stopped me.

"Ms. Smith. Front and center." I puffed air out of my mouth before turning around and standing in front of her desk.

"What is going on? You've been fine for the last couple weeks you've been here. Is something going on at home?" I shook my head slowly.

"No, ma'am. My head is just somewhere else I guess. It won't happen again, and I'm sorry I interrupted your class." She nodded her head in approval and I quickly made my exit.

When I rounded the corner of the hall, Riz was standing there. He looked genuinely worried and all I could do was collapse into his embrace. He hugged me tightly as I nuzzled into his chest.

"Shhh. It's ok. Everything will be ok. I don't know what's wrong, but I don't like to see you like this. It kills me. Literally." He emphasized the word 'literally' and I automatically felt guilty.

I pulled away to look into his eyes. They were gleaming with worry and I sighed loudly and tried to compress my problems.

"I'm sorry. I just don't feel good today. It's one of those sucky days." He didn't look like he believed me.

"You were perfectly fine this morning." My theory was proven correct.

"I know... I just suddenly felt like this. Sorry for worrying you. Sorry for being a nuisance." He shook his head quickly and pulled me back into a hug.

"It's ok, sweetheart. You aren't a nuisance. I just want you to feel better." He pulled back to look at me. "How about you come to my house tonight? We can watch some movies with Chapin and the boys. It'll be fun." I smiled at that.

"That sounds good. I'd love to." He gave me one last hug before we walked to English together.

School went by fast and eventually I was sitting in my house waiting for Riz to pick me up. I changed out of my sundress into a pair of skinnies, ugg boots, and a black t-shirt. I was definitely not surprised that my parents weren't home yet again. They said they'd be home when I got off school but apparently they had something 'important' to deal with. It's always the same old excuses. I was pretty used to it.

Riz pulled into the driveway and before he could get fully out of the car I attacked him. We ended up laying in the grass next to his car, me on top of him. He rolled us over so he was on top and started tickling me. I squirmed involuntarily and laughed hysterically. His hand shot to my stomach and my shirt lifted up, showing off my belly. He slowly rubbed his hand across it and we both stopped laughing. His eyes were starting to turn black.

He shook his head as if he were trying to get rid of a thought and stood up, pulling me up with him. His eyes were back to their normal orange color and he smiled at me before we both got in the car.

"Glad to know you're happy to see me." I turned red at his statement and decided to be bold.

"Of course not. Who would be happy to see you?" He grunted at my joke and I chuckled.

He grabbed my hand and twined our fingers together before we headed over to his house. When we arrived, Cilix and Jacques were hiding behind a car with water guns, and their clothes were soaked. I raised an eyebrow and Riz and I exchanged looks before slowly getting out.

"What are you guys doing?" Riz asked them.

"Shhhh.... Your sister is on a rampage. She has everyone on her team. We're all alone! They have us outnumbered... Plus, they have the superblaster." Riz's eyes grew wide and he automatically pulled me behind the car.

"What is the superblaster?" I asked, quite curious.

"It's only the most powerful water gun in the history of water guns. If you get hit, it hurts like hell. Trust me... Been there done that." Cilix explained it to me and I stood up, giving him an 'are you kidding me' look.

"Well, sounds like the team to be on. Adios boys. I'm joining her team." They all groaned and Riz tried to pull me back but I shook out of his grip.

I smirked and he pouted. I walked around the house and spotted Chapin standing against the house. She saw me and pulled me against the wall.

"Hey girl. If you're here, that means Angel is here. Which means we have another enemy. You're on my team right?" She spoke in a hushed voice and I nodded.

She handed me a rather large water gun and instructed me to run across the yard and hide behind the fence. When I got to my post, Cassius was huddling close by.

"Another ally. You do know how to play right? It's simple. If you see Jacques, Cilix or in this case, Rizoel, you shoot. Got it?" I nodded and shot him a smile before crawling over more so I could see better.

Chapin waved us over and suddenly, Caspian, Cassius, and Rayne all emerged from their spots and sprinted to the side of the house. I followed quickly and we were all standing side by side, looking around the corner. Water shot out and all chaos broke loose. Chapin was hit in the face and the boys all started shooting each other. I ran back to the fence and hid on the other side of it. Riz stood in the middle of the yard and panned out the area. He was looking for me, I could feel it.

'Come out, come out, wherever you are.' He taunted me in my mind and I stifled a laugh.

I panicked when my foot slipped and a twig cracked under it. His eyes shot to me right away and he started walking towards my hiding spot. It was pretty scary actually. I stood up and took off around the house to the front. He was close behind me, and I knew it was only a matter of seconds before he had me. Then I remembered I had a water gun in my hands. Of course!

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to face him. My gun was at the ready and his eyes grew wide as he stopped and stepped back.

"Oh crap..." He mumbled but I still heard him.

What was it Cilix told me earlier about a superblaster? Oh... Chapin must have given it to me! I smirked evilly and slowly pulled at the trigger. He scuttled backward and I aimed and fired. Water shot out and hit him square in the face. He fell to the ground in pain and started rolling around. Suddenly, everyone appeared behind him, laughing their heads off as he groaned. Then I had an idea.

I pulled the trigger again and they all gasped in surprise as I got them all. I really liked this superblaster. I laughed manically and took off to the other side of the house. The gun sadly ran out of water so I dropped it and kept running. Hands grabbed my ankles and I let out a startled cry as I lost my footing and fell. Before I could hit the ground, a body was underneath me. I landed with a 'oomf' on Riz's chest and he glared at me, wet face and all.

"That wasn't really a good idea, Annabel." I knew I was in trouble.

He only used my full name if I was in trouble, or he was being serious about something. He rolled on top of me and held my hands above my head. His eyes were black again. They didn't scare me though. They excited me.

"You must be punished again." I raised an eyebrow and readied myself to be tickled to death.

"Ok. Go ahead. Tickle me like last time." He smirked and leaned down to my ear.

"Tickling isn't your punishment." I took in a sharp breathe before he stood up and threw me over his shoulder.

I stiffened as he put me down next to the hose on the side of the house. I knew where this was going. He had Cilix and Jacques hold me against the house. Riz smiled evilly and aimed the hose straight at my face. He leaned down to turn the hose on and I automatically took defense. I kicked Cilix where the sun don't shine and slapped Jacques with my free hand. They let go one by one and I dove forward. Riz caught me and turned the water on before drowning me.

At least that's what it felt like.

I screamed incredibly loud and started spazzing as the water got me in the face.

"STOP! PLEASE!" I started thrashing and panicking and he eventually stopped, confused at my reaction.

"Wow you really didn't wanna get hosed, did you? Chapin giggled as Cilix glared at me while holding his precious jewels.

"Yeah... sorry about that. I'm just a little weird around water." I tried smiling at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Sorry about that? You should be." He looked like he was ready to hurt me like I had hurt him.

Riz watched the whole situation, suddenly looking serious... and angry.

"Back off, Cilix. Or I'll make you back off." The boys stood face to face and Cilix shoved Riz, making him even more angry.

I saw where this seemed to be going, so I walked up to Riz, trying to calm him down. Before I knew it, I was shoved backwards onto the ground.

Riz turned to face me, realizing his mistake. He tried to help me up but I pushed him away and got up to walk towards the front of the house. A loud slapping sound was heard before Chapin came up beside me.

"I'm sorry. My brother can be such an idiot. Come inside, let's get you in warm clothes." I realized I was shivering and followed her inside.

After drying off and getting into a change of clothes, we walked downstairs to see the boys sitting around in the living room. All except Riz. He was no where to be found.

"Where's Angel?" I asked.

"He's upstairs. I'm sorry Annabelle. I didn't mean to lose my temper. But you should go check on him. He's not taking what he did so well." Cilix answered and I frowned before turning towards the stairs.

I crept upstairs and walked down the hall until I reached his room. I contemplated about knocking before I decided to just go in. I peeked my head in the door and I saw him sitting rigid on his bed with his back to me. I sighed and stepped in the room before shutting the door behind me. I made my way over to him and noticed him whispering to himself again. I would have to ask him about that later.

"Riz?" I whispered. No answer.

"Riz." I said quite loudly and his eyes shot open before he squeezed them shut again.

I put my hand on his shoulder and he flinched as I made my way down to his chest. He had a tattoo across it that I never noticed before. It looked tribal, the way it swirled across his chest towards his side. Then I realized it wasn't there before. All of a sudden it disappeared and he opened his eyes to look at me again. I gasped and let my hand drop to my side.

"I'm sorry." His voice came out husky and his eyes held hurt.

I cupped his cheek and rested my forehead against his. His emotions filled me again. Hurt. Regret. Fear.

I pulled away and sat beside him. Even though I was mad at him, I would never hate him. Hell, I couldn't even stay mad at him for long. And I knew that's what he was afraid of.

"It's ok. Seriously. It's ok. I'm ok. Look at me." He slowly raised his eyes to meet mine.

He shook his head and pulled me to him. His head went into the crook of my neck and I felt all his pain. It's like it was part of me. I pulled him back after a few minutes and stood up.

"Come on. I forgive you. Let's go watch a movie." I tried to lighten his mood by doing a silly dance, which resulted in me falling hard on my butt.

He stood automatically and helped me up.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" His panicky voice made me laugh.

Damn, he really did care. He cared a lot. I laughed before pulling him towards the door and seconds later we were in the living room. Everyone was sitting in the dark watching a scary movie. I pulled Riz behind me and slid into the love seat forcing him to sit down beside me. He was still tense but nonetheless I cuddled into his side and eventually he relaxed and wrapped a warm arm around me.

Cilix was laying with Chapin and holding her to him. I smiled at them. When the movie got too scary, I would hide my face in Riz's chest. He would chuckle every time. Yep. I definitely couldn't stay mad at him for long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~

Next chapter finished c: I made it extra long. I'm not sure if I like it though. Let me know what you think!

Btw: Annabel is going to have the majority of the POV because it just seems easier with her. I'll add little bits of Angel POV but they won't be too often. And I'm thinking about Carlos POV but I'm still not sure yet. Anyways, thanks for reading(:

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 884 26
*COMPLETED* Have you ever seen a ghost? A faint memory of someone you once knew but now forgotten. That's exactly what happened to Rose when she move...
117K 6.5K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...
725K 30.5K 58
As an angel of love, Hadraniel "Adrian" Stars doesn't really know how to do his job properly. His parents being the King and Queen of the Angels Asso...
18.5K 959 38
BoyxBoy Charlie is a young boy who spent his entire life away from society. Moving into a place, filled with people and new experiences, can be quite...