Messy Ties and Loose Ends {H...

By Bubbles1431

Allison Northcott, a Gryffindor fourth year at Hogwarts. You've grown up with Cedric Diggory and you are prac... More

Chapter 1; New Year, New Dynamics
Chapter 2; Nerves
Chapter 3; Tensions on the Rise
Chapter 4; Metaphorical Boners
Chapter 5; Same Old Same Old
Chapter 6; Why I Dislike Slytherins
Chapter 7; Just Lovely
Chapter 8; I'm Conflicted
Chapter 9; Me & You
Chapter 10; Are You Alright?
Chapter 11; Listen To Me
Chapter 12; I Think He Knows
Chapter 13; Wish He Was Mine
Chapter 14; That Sucks
Chapter 15; Finally, a Party
Chapter 16; Something More
Chapter 17; The Dreaded Morning After
Chapter 18; Still Tired?
Chapter 19; Don't Look At Me That Way
Chapter 20; Epic Start
Chapter 21; Bashing a Skull in
Chapter 22; Birthday Wishes
Chapter 23; Secrets
Chapter 24; His
Chapter 25; Well Gosh
Chapter 26; Volts of Electricity
Chapter 27; Is This What Hell Feels Like?
Chapter 28; Heaven, Definitely Heaven
Chapter 29; Confessions
Chapter 30; No Where Near Where I Was Yesterday
Chapter 31; Fucking Fantastic, Thanks for Asking
Chapter 32; Win For Me
Chapter 33; Scrimmage Finals
Chapter 34; Upset Much?
Chapter 35; Enjoyable
Chapter 36; Responsibility
Chapter 37; Oh Come On
Chapter 38; Conversations
Chapter 39; Cat Fight
Chapter 40; Harry Potter and the Unrequited Crush
Chapter 41; Rollercoaster of a Night
Chapter 43; Working Out
Chapter 44; A Decent Morning
Chapter 45; A Little Lunch
Chapter 46; In Tune
Chapter 47; Suck My Balls Madalyne Fredricks

Chapter 42; Champion Selection

1 0 0
By Bubbles1431

Something bad is about to happen. I feel it in my gut. I sit across from Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. The twins on both sides of me. My foot is tapping rapidly as Dumbledore prepares us for the champions' choosing. I take a peek at Cedric to see a grin a mile wide. I- My mouth falls open and I turn back quickly. I scan the table in front of me, anything to rid the thought of Ced in the tournament.

"The champion from Beauxbaton!" A dainty circular paper flies out with singes on it.

Dumbledore opens it carefully.

"Fleur Delacour!" The section of the Ravenclaw table given to the Beauxbaton erupts in cheers as a blonde tiny looking girl makes her way to Dumbledore.

"Now Durmstrang's champion!" A singed slip flies to Dumbledore's hand.

"Viktor Krum!" All the tables cheer for the Quidditch legend.

The burly boy walks to Dumbledore, shakes his hand, and heads after Fleur.

"And finally! The Hogwarts champion!" I clench my fist as I send out a singular prayer that Cedric isn't chosen.

A folded slip of paper flies out, singed just like the others. I feel chills up my spine.

Dumbledore opens it and smilies.
"Cedric Diggory!" Hufflepuff table roars as the rest of the hall claps.

I even see Draco clapping with his Slytherin friends. Wholesome.

I see Ralph pushing Cedric to the front, Ced's genuine smile could be seen across the room. He shakes Dumbledore's hand and his eyes meet mine. He runs down my row and stops when he gets to me. He wraps me in a tight hug and heads out to where the other champions are.

"Excellent! Our three champions have been chosen! But in the end, only one will be the victor! The one to take home the beautiful Triwizard cup!" Cornelius Fudge unveils it as Dumbledore smilies.

Now it looks like my goal is to help Ced survive, my mind wanders-

What the fuck.

The goblet turns red and spits out another piece of paper. This isn't supposed to happen, one champion from every school, right? Dumbledore reaches out and mutters a name. Then he shouts it.

"Harry Potter!"

What? I look across the table and see Harry look just as confused as us. Harry stands then sits, I hear Professor Hagrid mutter something.

"Harry Potter!!" Dumbledore bellows across the hall.

A fear-stricken Harry is pushed forward by Hermione. The Hall is silent as Harry grabs his slip from Dumbledore. How the fuck? Harry walks to the meeting room and someone points out the obvious.

"He's not even 17 yet!"
"He's a cheat!" Two people shout.

I can promise you the look Harry just had proved his innocence. He looked like a deer in the headlights. No clue of what was happening. If he had orchestrated it, his face would've let on but it didn't. I see the professors eyeing him. As he leaves, the professors follow. We all hear shouting and glance across the room, wondering what we're supposed to do now.

"Party at Hufflepuff!!" Ralph shouts.

"Partee at ze ship!" Says one of the Durmstrang boys.

The room dispersed into three or four groups. Those who had to go back to their dorm, those who wanted to party with Durmstrang, those who wanted to party with Hufflepuff, and those waiting in the Great Hall to see if Dumbledore would come back and explain.

I grimace with pity at Hermione and Ron, their faces full of so many emotions. I stand up and follow the crowd that has amassed around Ralph. My mind still barely processing the fact that my best friend could die or get severely injured in this stupid tournament.

"Ally!" I hear Ralph say as I enter commons.

He quickly wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me to a secluded corner.

"We've got to make sure Ced wins. Now instead of our usual workout every couple of days, every day 5 am sharp. I've already got Lionel pouring over old tournaments to see if anything can be useful to Cedric," He motions to the armchair Lionel's sitting in with books piled next to him. Ralph's face is serious and for once I think he understands the dangers that can be found in this god-forsaken death trap.

I give him a meek smile.

"Of course, anything for Ced," I say. Ralph lets me go and heads back into the party with his fake unbothered face on.

He's just as worried as me. But he won't let anyone know. I smile as I think about how much love I have for Ralph. Then I head to the drink table that is miraculously already set up.

"Northcott," I look up to see Draco, in Hufflepuff.

My arms immediately loop around his neck and pull him into me. I hadn't seen him since yesterday during class and I honestly thought he was avoiding me. I pull back a bit and plant a kiss on his soft lips. He's in his staple white button-up with his black slacks, I guess when everyone knows you've got money, you don't need to dress to prove it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with a chuckle.

"If you welcome me like that every time, I'll have to visit more often," Draco's hands hold my waist.

"I'm here because I needed to check on you and to celebrate the new Hogwarts champion," Draco presses his lips to mine again.

I melt into the kiss and I feel him try to deepen the kiss and I pull away. I smile at him.

"I'm fine. A little worried that's all," I back out of our embrace and grab a cup with a yellowy liquid in it.

My hand shakes as I bring the cup to my lips.

"Fine?" Draco grabs a cup and my hand and leads me to the couch I usually sit with my friends at.

I sit and cross my legs. The anxiety still coursing through my veins. I quickly down my drink and it automatically refills, thankful for seventh years who can do the charm in their sleep.

Draco places a hand on my knee and I take a deep breath.

"I'll admit I'm not stoked about Ced being in the Tournament, much less so Harry," My blood pressure rises as I think about a 4th year taking on the unimaginable tasks.

"How did he even get chosen?" Draco's eyes are full of concern or boredom? Can't tell. Not what I expected but Harry shouldn't be expected to compete with people with double the magic experience.

I down the next refill.

Cedric and Krum are pure bloods who have practiced magic since they could talk. Fleur seems to be the most advanced of the Beauxbatons, they all seemed very happy to have her as champion. She walked in next to their Headmistress, and not any wizard gets to do that.

But his support system is strong, Hermione is so fucking smart and Ron will for sure help. I find myself being more nervous for Harry than I am for Cedric at the moment.

My nerves are so worked up, I take another couple of sips to see if the alcohol can soothe it. I feel Draco's hand go to mine holding my cup. I bring it down from my lips and he gives me a look. I settle in next to him and keep my drink on my palm.

"Our CHAMPION!" Ralph roars across the room as Cedric enters.

I stand up and I feel some sort of pride well up in my chest plus anxiety, causing me to start crying. I clap as Cedric walks right for me.

Ced pulls me into a hug and I let the tears silently fall. I feel him smile at people looking at us. I look up at him and feel a million things.

"I'm so proud of you already," I smile through my tears.

"Hey, I know," Cedric smiles and brings his hand up to wipe away my tears.

Cedric turns to Draco.
"She's been drinking hasn't she?" He asks.

"Of course," Draco smirks at him and Cedric starts to laugh.

My head falls back to his chest in embarrassment.

"I'm also so scared Ced," I whisper.

God I hate crying, no one can tell since I seem to do it so much. Cedric finally releases me.

"I'll be alright, okay?" Cedric's thumb softly swipes my cheek and he's off to do more hospitality rounds.

I see Ralph is also on the verge of tears as he brings Cedric into a bear hug. He shoots me a thumbs up and I chuckle.

"Whew," I say as I plop back down next to Draco. "Too much going on already," Draco's arm slips around my shoulders and I lay my head on Draco's chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 12.6K 45
Cedric Diggory has been my best friend ever since I was six years old. Our friendship had always been so perfect until my fourth year of Hogwarts ca...
64K 2K 18
In addition to being the fourth unwanted Champion in the Triwizard Tournament, Harry discovers something that makes his fourth year so much more thri...
5 0 4
"Nothing but Trouble seems to find me" You are starting off your fourth year at Hogwarts and you thought it was going to be the same as always. Reun...
42.5K 1.2K 30
Daisy Diggory's life is simple. She goes to Hogwarts with her twin brother, Cedric, and her best friends, Fred and George Weasley. Between all the pr...